Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Com on guys, this is what I just read about the GW update:

"On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)
    As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.
    Thanks! Capital Games"

Just look at the forums, everyone is complaining. I just read a post where 90% was in favor of reverting the GW update.

Currently it just takes way too much time to complete it, even if you can get pass node 6.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OMG, those devs, they really know what they're doing :smiley:
    They made everyone happy, and now they made them wanna leave the game, how genius ! If you want more money, you'd better keep your players first ...

The old GW was fun, we could test multiple squads.
    Challenge's made to be hard, but game's made to be fun as well, your greed makes you forget it !

I manage to finish the GW, but f... it, it's not fun !

I don't mind tougher, but make it short then.
    It's either tough and short, or easy and long, not tough and long !
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I am about to join the group that is incredibly unhappy with the "new" GW. For me, at character level 77, highest toons being 75, I faced off against a 7* level 80 team consisting of, Dooku, gear 10-Rey, gear 10-RG, gear 10-Luminara, gear 9-Daka, gear 9. I have 1 gear 9 character myself, Geo Soldier (he died on node 11) rest are gear 8. My max arena team is 29,450 but GS and QGJ are dead, and Lumi is in the red so unusable. This team is somewhere around 38,000. I can almost kill Rey with what I have left on my roster, but I am assuming even if I do Daka will rez her. I have tried a couple different strats to beat this, but basically it is a festival of stuns and dodges as my characters are destroyed. I will probably see what happens tomorrow, and then be done with the game.

I like a challenge, but the ridiculous grind for credits and gear, and now a game mode that is quite possibly unbeatable makes for a game that is not fun. If a game is not fun, I am not going to play it and I certainly am not going to spend any money on it.

I did enjoy the game for awhile, but really, this change on top of the other flaws will probably cause me to uninstall and find something else.
  • Options
    So first devs say there is no known issue....
    Now they admit they changed it.

So they lied.
    Done spending.

Nah, they are being honest. They know that they updated it and it works how they intended, its just they didnt think it important enough to mention to anyone else that things changed. Its not a bug in the system. They totally ninja reworked the system. As for your spending habits, totally agree. Im done too. I just got a 21 day subscription, but Im done after that. If you are really hot, rate the game on your platform and leave them a note there.
  • Options
    Node 6 is bad, node 9 and 11 are hell, but node 12 with full g11 Max omega hard core arena team is just taking the ****. If you want GW more challenging fine, if you insist on 4 or 5 nodes of teams that would easily be top 10 on my node at least, then do us the courtesy of giving us back the protection we would have for arena. Recycling characters and rotating to find an rng sweet spot doesn't require any skill, it just requires a **** amount of patient time wasting, most of the community hate it, sort it out instead of making patronizing statements in preference to admitting a colossal screw up.
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    This is in response to the developer update posted today. In particular, I would like to call attention to the GW development goal that they have set.

GW is intended to be a place where players can and should be encouraged to field their entire roster of characters.

As of late this design goal has failed spectacularly for two main reasons:

1. Persistent Turn Meter
    This means that suicide squads are now actually worse than useless, as they do away with your main squad's turn meter advantage. The TM advantage made GW easier by allowing a main team to pick up steam in the early, easier nodes. It successfully compensated us for the fact that enemy teams start with full protection which cannot be replenished in the case of the player. Unfortunately, without the TM advantage, that means the player's team is actually at a disadvantage. With previously invaluable suicide squads now actively harming players by removing a necessary advantage, not only is my entire roster not being used, but if my main squad were to be completely destroyed, my GW would be essentially impossible. Using your full roster can actually be detrimental when it is supposed to be a primary design goal.

2. The Protection Update
    With the addition of protection, gear level is by far the most important stat in the game. Gear level is so important, in fact, that even a couple tiers differential means an impossible fight. A gear 7 against a gear 9 May as well be a chicken in a pack of wolves. How is this a problem for GW? It further limits the use of backup toons by requiring high gear levels to do anything at all. Don't believe me? Try using a backup squad of G7s against a pack of G9s and see how far you get. Cannon fodder. As discussed above, cannon fodder is worse than useless.

When combined, these two factors mean that suicide squads are often a terrible tactical decision, and the criteria for graduating from "suicide" to "backup" has been raised dramatically. In short: no, I am not, nor do I ever plan to use my entire roster during a GW in its current state, and it would NOT be to my benefit to try.

Somebody please pay this man for this post. 10/10.
  • Options
    MLG's post is absolutely spot on.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    NOTE 12 with full gear in this combination is absolutely bad... Unbeatable for me and a lot of other players... I have level 80 7* gear 8 troops.... But 4 try's couldn't beat them...
  • IndianaJoneser
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There is a difference between challenging and impossible. ... 3 days in a row now the last fight of the gw has been beyond challenging and not fun at all... it took me forever to finally be able to finish it in the first place...now that I have put in the work and finished it more than 50 times in a row, I stand no chance.. I usually have fun playing , but this gives me a road rage feeling...like I said ... used to be a challenge now impossible...I amazed I got through this without cursing...
  • Options
    Unfortunatelly the Galactic War has become a total waste of time.
  • Options
    How it is fair when the teams on the last few nodes are greater in gear (by far) than any of my teams???My teams are beaten down with no protection shields left. Hard is hard, but unfair is totally unfair. GW shiouldn't be this unfair!!!!!
  • Options
    Your totally sucking the fun out of this game!!! Stop it!!!!
  • Options
    I started spending again when I was able to complete GW, now I can't. No more money from me. Thanks for the update and saving me some cash.
  • Options
    Batdude21 wrote: »

I beg to differ... This has made the game so much more enjoyable! This is better than the auto fest we have to deal with in regards to everything else. If you don't like it, move on to another game, one that's going to be brain numbingly boring.

I personally love the new state of GW & hope to squirrels they don't listen to the incessant whining of players wanting free everything...

All the complainers forget, EA never walked into your house & shoved a gun to anyone's head & demanded you play their game!

You all agreed to the ToS, which means EA is able to do what ever they want to the game with absolutely no regard to their customer. The fact that they listen to the players & comment when needed is something very few developers do with their customer base!

I'm glad they made the change because it's a step in the right direction in regards to game longevity! As mentioned by us (player base not Devs) on numerous occasions, GW was always hard & was always meant to be hard. It's ALWAYS been like this & having a deep roster helps solve this. If you can't click-to-win, then go find a game where you can.

As I've always said, we create the **** we live in & only you can decide what's best for yourself! So make the choice! Either you learn to play or you play something else... Simple really!
  • Options
    I couldn't read the entire thread, but wanted to add my own weight to this issue. GW is broken. Very broken. More broken than when I started playing months ago. I noticed how broken it was after my first attempt with the new tuning. Either you have no idea what buttons you're pressing or you did zero testing of the new tuning. Who knows? Maybe both.

Please fix this issue. Yes this is an issue. A real issue. An issue that creates a barrier to entry for players and will cause your revenue to stop.
  • Options
    The recent tuning has one and only goal: encourage people spend more money to:
    1. Get credits in the scoundrel event. Therefore, invest resources in toons almost no one had before, and many did not plan to get.
    2. Cut extra crystals income.
    3. Cut the purple ability mats income.
    4. Encourage gearing and leveling up many more toons. But obviously with the previous bottlenecks, you need to spend more money.

Greed and short term vision is the only motivation of the developers of this game, not trying to make a good, balanced and fun product so people enjoy it, spend money and attract other costumers maximizing benefits in the long run. It remember me the fable of the golden egg goose, and we all know how it ended.
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm glad they made the change because it's a step in the right direction in regards to game longevity! As mentioned by us (player base not Devs) on numerous occasions, GW was always hard & was always meant to be hard. It's ALWAYS been like this & having a deep roster helps solve this. If you can't click-to-win, then go find a game where you can.

As I've always said, we create the **** we live in & only you can decide what's best for yourself! So make the choice! Either you learn to play or you play something else... Simple really!

I beg to differ. I agree to enhance difficulty, but not so sudden. Want more challenge? Tune the difficulty to the capabilities of the player, meaning to the roster of the player, not the arena squad solely. Do not expect to have 3 or 4 more teams as the one in the arena. We cannot build a good deep roster overnight. So it means with the recent tweak, it will take several months until GW is beatable in a current basis.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I have no problem with the difficulty, that actually makes it more fun. But I do have a huge problem with it taking up so mych time again. Just remove the first 6 nodes, they only take time. THEN you can leave 7-12 as is. (Actually, replace 7 woth 6 if you want it be hard, because right now 6 is the first tough one).
  • Options

I beg to differ

You all agreed to the ToS, which means EA is able to do what ever they want to the game with absolutely no regard to their customer. The fact that they listen to the players & comment when needed is something very few developers do with their customer base!

I respect your opinion man but I have to disagree. Any successful company is going to listen to their customers and adapt based on their wants. Kind of basic business there and not something that would be considered unique to this developer. In fact, you could argue based on many recent changes this developer is doing it worse. And, the whole, "just take whatever they give you or get out" really doesn't make a lot of sense based on what I mentioned above.

You want a harder/longer GW. The majority have already spoken and unfortunately it's not in line with what you're hoping for. That's why they nerfed it in the first place.

Many people have said they don't mind the difficulty as long as they up the rewards and/or reduce the time it takes to complete it. This change does neither and actually makes the time worse.

Thinking about it, I have to agree with @father that this was a mistake and they're just covering.

They are either

1. Incompetent: they introduced a change that was way off and went further back than the pre-nerf version. Certainly for me and many others based on the responses.

2. Incompetent and covering: they introduced a bug when they reverted their other changes and it's easier to type up a quick email saying "we totally meant to do that" rather than fixing it before a holiday weekend. This change doesn't cost them money so it's lower priority I'm sure.

Anyway, all these words don't mean anything. The only way to get through is to stop spending and rate it 1* on the app store. It's 4.5*s right now so little incentive for them to listen.

Happy 4th of July to those that celebrate it!

-Capin5556
  • jusTiC3
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Gw still getting harder every day. No chance to win. CG is a band of betrayers, nothing more, nothing less. I'm totally wasting my money and time for this crap game.
  • IndianaJoneser
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have 11 level 80 7* characters and cant get the job done... having a final fight with lvl 80s with 10 and 11 gear is infuriating...I knew from yesterday this was going to happen so when I got to the final fight I started from the bottom of my rooster worst to best...lost everything I had and didn't even put a scratch....after the first 11 fights I lost only the royal guard. ... last fight... lost 48 characters .... yes a lot are weak but aside from the 11 level 80 7* I have much more not at 80 and a bunch of 6* at 70+.... didnt matter they all got crushed... I have never come so close to actually breaking my phone.... I never have used "auto" in the galactic wars and I retreat all the time to better my situation....I don't know why I am feeling actual rage ...but I do.... I have played since day 1 and have put my heart and soul into this stupid phone app... I cant walk away yet I am not having fun.... same feeling I had before I quit plating evony....started feeling like a part time job that was costing me money...
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @EA_Jesse
    Please take a look at the mess that is happening. If you need convincing check how many new forum accounts were created since the June 29 'tweek'.
    Then check how much revenue was generated by the sale of crystals since June 29 'tweek'.
    Then check the number of responses this unannounced 'tweek' generated.
    Also check how many negative ratings were generated on the App stores as a result of the 'tweek'.
    Finally, compare how many people completed it vs started it and compare this to the same thing prior to the 'tweek' and even prior to Jun 15th update.

I think that you will find this was very negative to the community. Many new players cannot even complete it. Many old players are taking much more time on it than before the June 15 update. So this is frustrating the majority of the player base. Couple that with doing a major update without any warning or even patch notes has caused even more outrage.

The goals of the feature "it's meant to be hard!" (CG_JohnSalera, July 1) is at odds with "The first step is making it not take near as long" (EA_Jesse, June 10). It cannot be both hard and not take a long time to complete.

The goal of the feature that is the "ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective" (CG_JohnSalera, July 1) isnt working out because the teams we are facing are mostly the same due to a stagnant arena meta. There are some variations and the meta is currently shifting with all of the new characters, but its still mostly stagnant and thus not evolving much especially when the meta solidifies again.

There are two huge issues that people have: The time it takes to complete (too long) and the rewards that are given (too few). Currently you have twice addressed the time it takes to complete. First you shortened it then you increased it to at least the same time if not more time taken. Thus no fix has occurred and the second hasnt even been addressed. Coincidentally much of the outrage from the recent changes would be muted had you addressed the rewards issue either attempt at addressing the time taken to complete.

Since I dont think complaints without solutions are productive, here are my suggestions: Please inform us when you make major updates to the game either as an announcement prior to the change or as patch notes after the change. Since you make the difficulty of GW scale with arena power, make the rewards scale with arena power. Even if its just the credits that scale with difficulty setting that would be fine. Decide if you want it to be a hard event or to not take a lot of time. You cant have it both ways unless you make the hard part optional ie let us sim it.

You did such a good job with communication and resolution to the raid rewards fiasco only to have it overshadowed by this fiasco. :(
  • Options
    i enjoy a challenge but a game is supposed to be fun, a distraction. my GW over the last few days isn't fun, it's frustration. When I spend an hour and feel like I'm beating my head against a wall and can't even finish GW, that's anything but fun. I don't mind spending money on a fun game, but I won't be spending any more money on a game that only serves to raise my blood pressure and frustration levels every time I try one of (what used to be) the best parts of the game.
  • Options

I beg to differ... This has made the game so much more enjoyable! This is better than the auto fest we have to deal with in regards to everything else. If you don't like it, move on to another game, one that's going to be brain numbingly boring.

I personally love the new state of GW & hope to squirrels they don't listen to the incessant whining of players wanting free everything...

You, sir are the in minority. In fact the very small minority. Im glad you like it better. If you did actually listen, most dont want a free anything. They just want to either be able to actually complete it. (These are the newer players with smaller, less developed rosters). Or they want to be rewarded according to the difficulty (These are the players with the deeper rosters that need the most credits to maintain those rosters). And most of us dont want to spend all day, every day grinding this event.

For reference, I complete it every day and am now loosing 10-15 chars doing so compared to my 1-4 chars before. It takes longer, but I get no more enjoyment from it. Pretty soon neither will you. You will have proven to yourself that you can win against all the whale teams and all the meta teams. Since you have nothing left to prove, you will wish it took longer to get the inevitable reward at the end. A grind for the sake of grinding proves nothing.
  • Options
    This is my third day of it and I still like this better than it was prior to June 15th when I was getting 6-7 monster teams in a row. It's also better than post June 15th when it was a complete cakewalk.

And this is coming from someone who had to deal with this.
    IMG_1187_zpsy7xsihv7.jpg
  • jusTiC3
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    This is my third day of it and I still like this better than it was prior to June 15th when I was getting 6-7 monster teams in a row. It's also better than post June 15th when it was a complete cakewalk.

And this is coming from someone who had to deal with this.
    IMG_1187_zpsy7xsihv7.jpg

A closer look to your amount of shards telling me **** whaleman. I bet you own at least 20 or 30 characters @ high gl.