Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Welp, that's 3 days in a row now that my node 12 has been 3* green gear low level characters. Weird.
  • Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    It's crazy that GW is constantly tweaked but the raid isn't. "It's meant to be hard" is what was stated on GW, ok I can understand that. But the raid is supposed to be true end game and it's takes less time than a daily activity
    I think majority of you folks are missing the point of making GW harder. Yes it's to make you use your whole roster to finish, yes it's suppose to be longer meaning you don't get bored with the game to fast. But there's another reason as well. To make you spend money... You cannot be given the most valuable commodity for free, you have to work to get it.

I do feel that scaling of difficulty especially for those lvl 50 - 79 needs to be looked at but overall, GW is made to make you deepen your roster as not to get stuck with only 1 set of toons at max. Yes, it's a catch 22 situation where you need credits to make credits, but sadly that's how life works.

First off, nobody is underestimating the lengths EA will go to in order to profit. Excessively. And with shady methods.

Second, you seem to have taken a step back from the previous nonsense you posted. Why is that?

Lastly, and this has been addressed already, using your "whole roster" is not a viable solution.

• PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Welp, that's 3 days in a row now that my node 12 has been 3* green gear low level characters. Weird.

Not for me. Nodes 6, 9 and 12 all 7* gear 8 and higher level 70-80. Faced Rey, QGJ, GS, RG and Obi in node 12.
  • Options
    Back in the day the difficulty of the battles as gw went on was random It was not rare to fight the hardest teams in the first few nodes causing you to use suicides early but now it gets harder as gw gos on witch makes a lot more sense. This all so makes things a lot more easier. And the teams used to be more powerful then they are now accept for the latest fix witch had me face 2 full gear 9 teams at last 2 nodes. But that's fine cause it's still easier then it used to be. Oh and then there's that turn meter change. Ya gw is easy end of story. Its easier then it's ever been besides the recent change but it's still easier then it used to be back in the day.
  • Options
    I'm fighting gear 11 characters at node 5. My last 2 nodes are maxed characters that surpass my arena team with protection. Even with the extra turn meter I can't get rid of a quarter of that protection that I lost after the first 2 nodes. Not to mention AI boost. Galactic war is not easy right now. It's harder than it has been since the protection update
  • Ryoda
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I have to finished GW almost every day since I have started playing this game until this "tweak". This was not a tweak. This is a bug and the sooner you admit that we we can all move on. @CG_JohnSalera please stop treating the players of your game as if they are dumb.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Back in the day the difficulty of the battles as gw went on was random It was not rare to fight the hardest teams in the first few nodes causing you to use suicides early but now it gets harder as gw gos on witch makes a lot more sense. This all so makes things a lot more easier. And the teams used to be more powerful then they are now accept for the latest fix witch had me face 2 full gear 9 teams at last 2 nodes. But that's fine cause it's still easier then it used to be. Oh and then there's that turn meter change. Ya gw is easy end of story. Its easier then it's ever been besides the recent change but it's still easier then it used to be back in the day.

You re wrong its harder then the OG version
  • Options
    Todays GW was not hard. Not hard in the least. not even a tiny tiny tiny bit hard. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. EA said it should be hard. GREAT!!! MAKE IT HARD. hard and impossible are so very far apart from each other. my team is level 55, three are 5 star, two are 4 star. but im put against a level 65 team with three 7 star and two 6 star. i gave EA the benefit of the doubt and i tried for an hour and a half using every character and every combination. it was not hard as EA claims. THAT IS A LIE. WE HAVE BEEN LIED TOO. it was IMPOSSIBLE. EA, please clarify your game update notes and finally come clean and say "we hate your money, so we made GW impossible. oh and keep sending money because we know you hate your money as much as we do"... if EA can admit that at least, then i will accept GW as it is right now.
  • Blurryface
    212 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just be quiet --. Fully geared teams starting at node 6 and whales on nodes 11 and 12 with protection in tact. You don't have a clue

Edit: removed insults
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    What? I've been playing since early december and the nodes were easier in the beginning then too. I ramped up from node 4-5, with som random variations, but the first three have always been really easy.

And the problem as I see it is not the difficulty, it's the time. With the addition of protection it became such a slog to get through, THAT'S why I liked the recent update. This new one takes more time again, almost 40 minutes today. To much. If they just removed the first 6 I'd have no problem with it. Those are just filler anyway, no challenge. (Except for 6 today, but remove 1-5 then.)
  • Options
    RonTom wrote: »
    What? I've been playing since early december and the nodes were easier in the beginning then too. I ramped up from node 4-5, with som random variations, but the first three have always been really easy.

And the problem as I see it is not the difficulty, it's the time. With the addition of protection it became such a slog to get through, THAT'S why I liked the recent update. This new one takes more time again, almost 40 minutes today. To much. If they just removed the first 6 I'd have no problem with it. Those are just filler anyway, no challenge. (Except for 6 today, but remove 1-5 then.)

Why do people complain about the time? You have all day to do it. Just take brakes or watch TV or a movie or something while you do it.
  • Options
    it is too hard for folks that have only 5 players to run the whole way through. this crap where they assume we have dozens of toons unlocked is crap. non-whales play this game too.
  • Options
    PugVader wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

Not for me. Nodes 6, 9 and 12 all 7* gear 8 and higher level 70-80. Faced Rey, QGJ, GS, RG and Obi in node 12.

Has to be bugged, I have a high level arena team and node 12 has been a joke since they "fixed it."
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    It is definitelt harder now than it had been. My arena team has never gone to 30k yet, yet i am seeing near 40k power teams at the end. Took almost my entire roster to clear out a near full g11 team at node 12. I have 3 toons at g9 and no one above that. That is a massive massive difference and have never had issues like this since i unlocked gw months ago.
  • Options
    Against this whale Theonus K'Sander. Keep in mind I've already had two other all 80 battles the last one took out several toons and this team obviously has full protection. He's using old Ben lead, Fives, Leia, Sun Fac and RG. Yet some 14 karat dipsticks on here think this is a breeze. EA has wrecked the game yet again
  • Options
    Screw the GW CHALLENGE. It is not work my time and the rewards are not that good. This is meant as a daily grind nothing more. The Devs need to understand that if you **** the players off. We stop paying and we stop playing. It is that simple.
  • Options
    Why am I battling someone that's spent at least $20,000 on a game when I've spent about $200??
  • dreamer05
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Since the update I've been getting 3 star teams on the 12th node. I love it. I really could have done without the condescending and smug tone by John when addressing the GW "tuning". That being said I do believe GW is supposed to be difficult. I've been extremely frustrated with how difficult it becomes so early on, but it is doable.
    But didn't they say originally that the point of tuning was to make it take less time? Why on earth don't they lower it to 8 or 10 nodes? If you want it to be difficult, fine, but what's the point of so many time-consuming nodes that don't really serve a purpose? That's my tiny, insignificant opinion.
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    Blurryface wrote: »
    Against this whale Theonus K'Sander. Keep in mind I've already had two other all 80 battles the last one took out several toons and this team obviously has full protection. He's using old Ben lead, Fives, Leia, Sun Fac and RG. Yet some 14 karat dipsticks on here think this is a breeze. EA has wrecked the game yet again
    Just wait till some "FTP" posts saying that they beat Theonus on a daily basis, so they will claim its a you problem and not a EA problem.

Sorry for the problem. I understand since I face the same issues.
  • Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    shampoo wrote: »
    It's crazy that GW is constantly tweaked but the raid isn't. "It's meant to be hard" is what was stated on GW, ok I can understand that. But the raid is supposed to be true end game and it's takes less time than a daily activity
    I think majority of you folks are missing the point of making GW harder. Yes it's to make you use your whole roster to finish, yes it's suppose to be longer meaning you don't get bored with the game to fast. But there's another reason as well. To make you spend money... You cannot be given the most valuable commodity for free, you have to work to get it.

I do feel that scaling of difficulty especially for those lvl 50 - 79 needs to be looked at but overall, GW is made to make you deepen your roster as not to get stuck with only 1 set of toons at max. Yes, it's a catch 22 situation where you need credits to make credits, but sadly that's how life works.

First off, nobody is underestimating the lengths EA will go to in order to profit. Excessively. And with shady methods.

Second, you seem to have taken a step back from the previous nonsense you posted. Why is that?

Lastly, and this has been addressed already, using your "whole roster" is not a viable solution.

I took a time out due to the way GW use to be, which was the easy 'auto win'. It's helped.

Secondly, I do on occation try to be understanding, not just on the Devs but also on folks that post exaggerated nonsense.

Lastly, using your whole roster to complete GW does work. Just because a whale who has lots of toons, does not mean he/she/it knows how to use them. Synergy amongst toons can & will make a difference, not that there are many but it does help to play around a bit.

P.S. I hope that answers the points you put forward, if not, what nonsense are you referring to?
  • Options
    it is too hard for folks that have only 5 players to run the whole way through. this **** where they assume we have dozens of toons unlocked is ****. non-whales play this game too.

I'm f2p and I run through gw without even using a healer most of the way and I normally only use 5 toons: HK (L) ig88 ig86 Rey and QGJ. The only time I'll switch is at the last 3 nodes if they are actually worth it but that's when I Will use my healers outing Rey and QGJ out and putting JE and JC in. I guess gw is just harder for newer players.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Blurryface wrote: »
    Just wait till some "FTP" posts saying that they beat Theonus on a daily basis, so they will claim its a you problem and not a EA problem.

Sorry for the problem. I understand since I face the same issues.

Lmao!! Please don't forget that FTP is also number one in arena lol
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »

First off. I'm not complaining that it's too hard now. It takes longer now then it ever has to complete and sorry to say but you're completely wrong. You're facing gear 9 teams. A lot of people myself included are facing teams that are gear 10 and 11 with maxed omegas and over 40k power. Ince you start running into those teams you'll change your mind on it being easy.
  • Options
    EA has not wrecked the game. This is what happens with ANY micro transaction game. You want to be competitive against guys who spend money, you have to USUALLY spend money.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    RaverRic wrote: »

That's what I've been getting since the change as well. They definitely broke something, although the freebie battle is nice while it lasts I guess.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lovecheese wrote: »
    EA has not wrecked the game. This is what happens with ANY micro transaction game. You want to be competitive against guys who spend money, you have to USUALLY spend money.

I can see that for Arena, but GW? I don't think so. Especially when you have some getting easy-peasy teams at Node 12.
  • Options
    wrote: »

3 star everything? wow!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Come back and state that gw is easier when your arena power is 38k not 31k. If you are facing two gear 9 teams at the end...you have 31k in arena.
  • Options
    How did you find his swgoh.gg page? Is he on your shard?