Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Man, it's become a chore to not finish the gw. Every team i face starting at node 9 is old ben lead, rey, ig86, 5'so and royal guard. All maxed gear. Level 6 is similar and takes out a few characters. So I will no longer waste my time trying.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    It's not impossible for me, not even close. It's strange that some are experiencing this.

The phrase you use is typical logic 'error of survived'. 'If I am ok, then everyone is ok.'

Actually, no. Far from it.
  • BTKO
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Now no real money for EA, if see t10/11 omeged meta - will restart. My time and my nervous are more expensive.
    P.S. And will make 1 star in AppStore with negative comment.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I get that, i just don't know why it's happening for most. Some people report facing 5-6k teams above their total arena power on the last nodes and i thought that isn't possible.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    My last two 12 nodes were:
    1) Ben (L) g10, QGJ g11, STH g11, Rey g10, RG g10.
    2) QGJ (l) g11, Aayla g10, FOTP g11, Rey g10, RG g 10

I can't even beat it with my arena team. They promissed to make GW less time consuming. They lied.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know what roster you have but i am not scared of seeing Rey in GW, as she doesn't have the necessary tm to attack before she dies. Doesn't matter if she is behind RG or not. Those tank teams tho with Old Ben lead...oh my gosh! Yoda and Daka help a lot alongside Han or RG in either case. Luminara of course, she is amazing.
  • Options
    Barriss = GW Win.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    First time I encountered this new GW bullsh!t, I failed to beat the final node. I wasn't prepared and expanded my toons here and there. Since then, I've beaten every GW (4 so far).

However, it takes HOURS. Millions of retreats, tons of frustration, and countless nerve cells killed. And the rewards are still as low as they were at lvl 40.

If you want us to spend so much time and effort on GW, then at least make it a more rewarding experience FFS.
  • Options
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    Barriss = GW Win.
    Yea not anymore... I went from using her as lead and not losing anyone to going back to using meh teams to get to the last 2-3 then having to use my arena team to finish it.
  • jthaus76
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you again for an impossible node. Make that nodes. I understand you want people to spend money and I'm all for it. When spending money just means GW gets harder tomorrow it doesn't seem to pay off? Y'all can take these **** 39k power teams (versus my max 31500) and well you know where to put them. It should not take 3 hours of retreating just to hit node 11 and spend another hour there to reach no successful end. Fix this crap. I'll be happy to go back to 1 star reviews and do my part for you as you are for me.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Quite simply, GW is ****.

Fix it now.

Whoever authorised this change should lose their job. The fish rots at the head.

Sorry, call it as I see it.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    Barriss = GW Win.

Nope. I have her. Her passive heal cannot compare to 10+k dps. And her active heal can only be used once in 5 turns... She was great before, but now even heavy heal team Bariss, Lumi, JC, Daka, RG, are waste of time.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Information request from players BELOW level 80:

What player level are you?
    What are the highest LEVEL teams are you facing in GW?
    What is the highest GEAR you are facing in GW?
  • Options
    this time I was lucky qith node 11 and got through it with all toons alive. node 12 though was unwinnable. best thing I could do is send in a low team and let them blow all cooldowns on it. the following 2 higher teams still werent able to finish off the team.

so another day with not challenging but simply unwinnable gw
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    definetaly a lot harder but I still make it every day. Can get to last node with single squad. The last node is ridiculously hard and I burn like 4 squads to beat it but I eventually do
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn't always beat GW starting out..i remember spending hours retreating, trying new setups, attacking different enemies, and still failing at completing it. I'm F2P and around the beginning of June started hard core farming and putting every free energy into Ewoks. Teebo from GW shop, Chirpa from Cantina, and EE from hardmode and Guild shop. Ewok Scout was the toughest as he is only hardmode.

Now I have a 7 star Teebo at Gear 9, a 7 start Ewok Elder at Gear 10, a 6 star Chief Chirpa at Gear 8 and a 5 star Ewok Scout at Gear 8....and now in GW I run Chirpa (L), the other 3 Ewoks, and whoever as the 5th(Daka, QGJ, Phasma, RG...I change it around) ...and I click auto play, come back 2 or 3 mins later to collect my reward and start the next match. GW is simple.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear some many people are facing that problem. I also have some guild mates experiencing that same problem of insanely difficult nodes in the end. What is even more strange is, that the guys with highest arena power - myself included - are facing teams with green gear in nodes 11 and 12. Something went seriously wrong with the last GW tuning update, I can auto through it all with my Ewoks, and that even without manual targeting.

What's your arena power? Maybe you can up it a bit to get into the same tier.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    seems like people with high arena powers are better of these days. I'm seeying alot of people under player lvl 80 who face high geared opponents.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear some many people are facing that problem. I also have some guild mates experiencing that same problem of insanely difficult nodes in the end. What is even more strange is, that the guys with highest arena power - myself included - are facing teams with green gear in nodes 11 and 12. Something went seriously wrong with the last GW tuning update, I can auto through it all with my Ewoks, and that even without manual targeting.

What's your arena power? Maybe you can up it a bit to get into the same tier.

I can explain that. It is program error. They use arena power as base to determine difficulty of GW. So, those who have about 30k-35k arena power meet the maxed out teams. But what if you have more? Remember maxed out toons have no higher gear shown. Obviously, it hasen't been developed yet, so the programm address to someting which is not exist, and thus you gain very weak teams.

Could be another error, when you address number above limits and it start 'circling'. Like is you have more than 255, program uses all that above 255, but not taking into account this 255.
  • DaniB32
    196 posts Member
    Options
    My team is about 30k. I face teams about 40k + torwrds the end all7* maxed out gear levels 11+. I only have 6, 7* characters. Gear level 8. I use my whole squad. And i cant beat 1 character never mind a full team. Before the tweak i was using 3 or 4 teams to complete.
  • Options
    It's not quite impossible for me but it does take a heck of a lot longer - umm wasn't the update supposed to do the opposite?

There is just something seriously messed up with the matchmaking algorithm that's being used. Today my hardest battle was node 8, when I faced a g11 qgj team. The next hardest was node 11 where it was a dodge led g10 rey, qgj and rg. Node 12 was <g5 random mix! I have 2 toons at g10 and 3 more at g9. I never had this sort of line up in over 100 GWs before the update and I keep hearing other people having similar experiences now.

This is not more fun. This is not faster. Because you never know when you're going to next face a monster team or how many, you have to be extra careful and plan out every single node. Let's assume an average battle time of 5 minutes (because that's what we're given in arena) - even if you don't need to do any retreat/replays - that's a whole hour to do all 12 nodes and it's not like the hour spent doing challenges where you can just press auto and walk away. This is too much time and far too much effort.

TL:DR - GW matchmaking is clearly fundamentally broken and the entire algorithm from the latest update needs to be started again from scratch.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    If the devs were to post a response to this saying something along the lines of:
    "Clearly the overwhelming community response demonstrates that the most recent tweak was a misstep insofar as it has plainly made this element of the game too difficult, frustrating and time-consuming; and whilst we initially thought this change was for the better, it's clear to see that we in fact made an error. For that reason we are tweaking GW back in line with how it was a week ago...", then I think the majority of people would be happy, and would regain some faith in EA, and would begin to spend again, and might revise their ratings on iTunes and Google Play. I don't think EA should be afraid that they would lose face by admitting that they had got this latest change wrong; I think it would be a noble thing to do that would generate some (evidently much needed) goodwill.
  • Options
    the real joke is, that normal players get insanely hard opponents and whales get insanely easy nodes 11 and 12.
  • Options
    I'm still able to complete it luckily, I have a decent roster and been playing since November though. Definite increase in difficulty on certain nodes and can totally see why the majority of the player base is going crazy.

I'm more worried about my guild members, as at least half of them don't have the squad I do. It needs to be dialed down a bit, not a lot, but 3 sets of Gear 10 teams is a bit much.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @DjangoQuik From what i've heard pre-pre-update people were facing straight monster teams from node 6 to node 12. So it probably did get easier than it used to be.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    @DjangoQuik From what i've heard pre-pre-update people were facing straight monster teams from node 6 to node 12. So it probably did get easier than it used to be.

Certainly seems like there are a lot more experiencing this now and a lot less saying they can auto through the whole thing. Yes there were people who were facing monster teams from node 6 before but it sounds mostly like those people still are - they're probably the earlier players of the game though and have bigger rosters/higher power arena teams. From the sounds of things there are now very few people who are finding it easier or quicker - at best it's the same difficulty as before.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I suspect they are working on another 'tweak' and they are formulating the response based on that. They dont want to talk about it until they know what theyre doing.

As mentione earlier...i wholly believe this is now wai and the node 8 reward will be the current max and the remaining 4 will have the increased buff.

So you get the creds but fall behind in both credits and guild coin.
    Post edited by ukdfink on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Certainly seems like there are a lot more experiencing this now and a lot less saying they can auto through the whole thing. Yes there were people who were facing monster teams from node 6 before but it sounds mostly like those people still are - they're probably the earlier players of the game though and have bigger rosters/higher power arena teams. From the sounds of things there are now very few people who are finding it easier or quicker - at best it's the same difficulty as before.

I dont see the superwhales complaining as much. Alot of low arena power players are complaining now, the ones that didnt have a problem before both updates.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Mmm... In many games, in addition to healers, there are different items that are partially or fully restore the health of characters. These items fall into two categories: 1. one, you can apply only during the battle, and 2. others outside of combat. 2nd could be introduced in the galactic war. They might have a place in the supply of a GW, like the cantina, where we can buy coupons...
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    The sheer number of < 5 post people who have created an account to complain is amazing. If there ever was an issue that **** the community off this is it.