Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    What is going on ea? Are you working on fixing problems? Why no communication? You have lost alot of business and much more on the edge just waiting to see what happens before we split. I am currently unable to play do to lack of credits. I'm f2p and depended on completing gw and profit mining for credits. Now that both options are gone i play on the 3 days that you can do bounty hunter challenge and try and improve my squad and trying to farm scoundrels and droids for the new events, which also are ridiculous. If its nearly impossible to improve my squads then why should i keep playing? I hope the problems in the game are adressed and fixed because i really enjoyed it before all the changes. I think you guys should at least let us know whats going on if changes are coming or not poor communication equals horrible customer support.

I think their silence is them giving us the middle finger. I honesty wouldn't expect any more changes towards making GW easier. Unless EA grows a soul(which I doubt). Well never see those changes in our life time.

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Even before this update GW wasn't exactly fun to do but it was palatable because it didn't take so long to finish. I've almost run out of viable troops for dealing with the stronger nodes trying to beat them and I have a decent roster. It's seriously not fun. I'm going to do the first half and then IF I have time I will finish it but I'm not going to waste an hour or more on it and if I can't upgrade more toons for various events because GW is the main source of credits then I just won't do it. And I always buy max refreshes on those too, but screw it.
  • Options
    I shouldn't have to complete it at a 20% rate so that the overall rate can drop.

I have lost the rewards(not just credits, but training droids and mats etc) which are obviously higher on the last nodes several times. I need the training droids just as much as the credits.

I CAN'T BELIEVE that a week ago people were posting about how they were getting cake 3* teams on last nodes and some of us are getting impossible teams and the STILL Haven't even acknowledged it.

They are having some Math issues I think....

If your arena power is 15K 115% only makes your opponent 17250.
    If your Arena Power is 20K 115% only makes your opponent 23000 whis is probably manageable as at 23k nobody is gear 11 or 10.

If your arena power is 35487 115% makes your opponent 40810.

So now think about this relative to the game. Sure you can raise your power by leveling and starrring your chars. HOWEVER getting all your chars to level 80 and 7* only gets you so far, maybe base 30Kish.
    Once you get to that point the only way to raise it is to gear up chars.

As we all know each level of GEAR significantly raises the chacaters protection and overall power, defense etc. So to get over 5K worth of Gear increases would mean a team would all have to be gear 10 and 11 to be that high.

At 35K you have 2 chars gear 10 and 3 chars gear 9 roughly.

Now, you want that team, to take out a 40K fully omega'd gear 11 and 10 team 3-4 times in a row.

Sure your algorithm works for lower level players, and it's obviously broken for top teams getting weak returns on last nodes, but those of us in the middle are getting hosed.

You have to factor in the how arena power is raised in your calculation. At 15K a 2K increase isn't that much. but at 35K that same 2 K increase is much more.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    I did gw x 3 last night. The 2nd and 3rd time I took this team through the whole thing.

Screenshot_2016-07-06-02-06-03.png
  • Options
    It seems SWGOH has fallen into the trap all online games face. When the game reaches about 6 months it starts "adjusting" everything. Then as time moves on and the number of players that have finished most if not all of the content, a few times, they (the game developers) face a decision. Create new content, or make existing content more difficult. Another EA Starwars online game SWTOR faced the same decision. The game nearly ended and opted to offer F2P in an effort to save it. It worked. They have since paid attention to the customers and the game is quite enjoyable now. I think perhaps CG might want to talk to Bioware and see how they are doing things. It couldn't hurt. Afterall the path to wisdom starts with "I don't know..."
  • Vesch
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Even though the 1-11 nodes progress normally in level and gear...the last node in the last two days have blocked me out of completing it.g10 on the whole team.I've been 80 for a month or two but I literally threw my whole lineup at both each day.I'm not f2p,but I'm also not a real big spender.these last two days are the only times since early may I haven't completed gw...their update is broken imo
  • Options
    My main squad has both revive characters on it, and for the first few I use my b team of four Jedi and GG (the orc tank not the silly droid).
  • Options
    Not a fan of the new adjustments. I get making it more difficult but when it's impossible, I think you guys need to revisit the abilities given. When I consistantly go through every toon I have and can only get rid of 2 of the opponent. I believe there is an unfair advantage here. Either rework how toons are together on the same team (make it a lot more fair) or kick it back to the old level. If moving the level down isn't an option then at least make the AI dumber. I mean really?! Go 4 rounds and can't get a hit in because stun and squad boosters over buff the team...Oh look...my tank is the only one left with 5% health. This is complete garbage EA. Please fix what you broke.
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, 3 days in a row it is just impossible. I hate it. Making me think about quitting the game.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have to complete it at a 20% rate so that the overall rate can drop.

I have lost the rewards(not just credits, but training droids and mats etc) which are obviously higher on the last nodes several times. I need the training droids just as much as the credits.

I CAN'T BELIEVE that a week ago people were posting about how they were getting cake 3* teams on last nodes and some of us are getting impossible teams and the STILL Haven't even acknowledged it.

They are having some Math issues I think....

If your arena power is 15K 115% only makes your opponent 17250.
    If your Arena Power is 20K 115% only makes your opponent 23000 whis is probably manageable as at 23k nobody is gear 11 or 10.

If your arena power is 35487 115% makes your opponent 40810.

So now think about this relative to the game. Sure you can raise your power by leveling and starrring your chars. HOWEVER getting all your chars to level 80 and 7* only gets you so far, maybe base 30Kish.
    Once you get to that point the only way to raise it is to gear up chars.

As we all know each level of GEAR significantly raises the chacaters protection and overall power, defense etc. So to get over 5K worth of Gear increases would mean a team would all have to be gear 10 and 11 to be that high.

At 35K you have 2 chars gear 10 and 3 chars gear 9 roughly.

Now, you want that team, to take out a 40K fully omega'd gear 11 and 10 team 3-4 times in a row.

Sure your algorithm works for lower level players, and it's obviously broken for top teams getting weak returns on last nodes, but those of us in the middle are getting hosed.

You have to factor in the how arena power is raised in your calculation. At 15K a 2K increase isn't that much. but at 35K that same 2 K increase is much more.

Yeah, by pegging the GW to each player's Arena power, it creates issues for those who are in that middle area. You end up facing ridiculously overpowering teams two or three times and unless you have a really deep roster, it can be tough.

I actually completed GW the last 2 times, but I have a fairly deep roster and I have been using my lower power toons on all the easy battles so as to conserve my high powered toons for the really tough battles.

Bottom line is that GW should not take hours to complete. Like others have said, its a mobile game. We shouldn't have to be spending hours a day on it to complete daily achievements.
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    Options
    Please just fix it. It is impossible. Making a lot of people think about quitting.
  • Options
    Devs are dodging way more than an Old Ben squad could!
  • Options
    I love a challenge. But facing a gear 10/11, lvl 80, maxed team with high dmg and evades or turn meter up/down, two taunts for my teams is just not doable. Id have a hard time with them if my arena team was never used. I try to save it and do suicides and focuses. I succeed about 50% of the time. The other time the last spot is just too strong. I only have one g11 maxed toon - qgj. I should never face a team with more than one g11 maxed toon. A challenge - not an impossibility is what GW should be.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    BLivtm3.png

uBD8HbO.png

What I do is just put my top 20 toons in 4 teams, cycle them in the first 5 nodes to gain TM, and then plow through these meta teams.
    GW is easier this way.
    I had no problems with these teams.
    Didn't even lose a single toon this time where in node 11 I would burn a whole squad b4 I found this strat.
  • Options
    THIS WILL BE MERGED IN THE GW MEGA THREAD in 3 ... 2..
  • Options
    Devs are dodging way more than an Old Ben squad could!

In truth I think they are forbidden to reply.
  • pnett_13
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Once again got a team 7k power above my best possible team. The silence from EA is deafening. Just a big F-you from them.
  • Options
    It's only a node or two. 50-100k of credits. That still leaves 350-400k credits that you can earn in GW. Build up some more squads and you'll eventually be able to take down those last nodes. It might not be possible now, but if you work toward it you'll get there.
  • Options
    Anything they base off the "power rating" is going to be broken. Because the power rating doesn't mean Jack S$%^. It's broken, has always been broken and will always be broken. Because how good a character performs -in practice- is far too complex to be used the way they are trying to use it. Add in bad design and programming and you have what we have.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    To throw my two cents in... Galactic War is VERY difficult, yes, but not impossible. As the developers explained, you need to have a deep roster (very deep and very strong). I have appx. 20 seven star toons and I have beaten the GW since the stealth buff. That being said, it is extremely difficult for unnecessary reasons, other than trying to frustrate players into spending more, because it flies directly against what the team has previously said. I feel for my fellow players, because this has turned GW into a chore for the majority.
    To those saying that GW is not that difficult, I can only guess that you are (mega) whales. I do spend a light to moderate amount monthly in this game, but of course everything is going to be easy when you have 80 seven star, fully maxed toons with aurodiums and chromium characters not only unlocked, but fully maxed. Please don't insult other players that can't or won't spend ridiculous amounts of money, not that I'm saying that you don't have the right to do so if you desire.
    Expressing these thoughts is not always complaining, it's telling the powers that be that a change needs to be made. And it should. Or another option needs to happen, like massively increasing the rewards like they did to the challenge of the node, of making it once per week.
    This is a game and should be fun and challenging at the same time. I'd like to see it go on for a long time, but that cannot happen when the fun is gone, so please, everyone, let's encourage the team to make GW (and the game overall) fun!

I'm not going to downplay the issues that some are having, but I'm not a whale, a minow at best, and I beat GW easily everyday without retreats and with nothing but F2P toons (and most of them gear 8 or 9). So there's either a major problem with the algorithm or with people's squads. But I can tell you for sure that it's possible to complete it quickly everyday.

HK47 (L) g8
    Ig88 g9
    Ig86 g8
    Ig100 g8
    JE g10
  • Options
    Agreed, it's become ridiculous. Everyone in my guild is quite angry about it. It's difficulty has increased over night. Most of us who used to be able to finish it are no longer able to. It has all of us frustrated, and has taken the fun out of it. Galactic war was never in need of being "fixed" because it was never broken. Generally speaking we all feel like the rug has been pulled out from under us over night. We are all trying desperately to catch up to the guys that have been playing this for ages now and didn't have these difficulty changes happen to them over night, that's made it impossible now. The majority of events I can't even participate in so I would focus on Galactic War and Arena, but now you've gone and made it so we can even finish Galactic War anymore. This has gotten out of hand, way out of hand.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options

Aero wrote: »

Found it!
    "Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46294/community-update-6-10-2016#latest

This was just three weeks ago! What's going on?

Congrats devs - you took a game node that people find annoying and time consuming, and you made it worse. Just stellar work there...
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • bLz
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Starting at node 10, I consistently face teams that are 5-8K stronger than my team. I'm only at 33K and I face 40K teams. Example:

ccEmJ0k.jpg

Got to plow through RG, then Han and all the time QQJ, GS and Rey just 1 shot characters. When I manage to beat it; and this happens pretty rarely now it's mostly RNG and just throwing tons and tons of characters at it, each getting 1-3 shots in before the team gets wiped.

There have to be some issues with the algorithm that picks the opponents. I reckon it's all about finding that arena power sweet spot.
  • Options
    bLz wrote: »
    Starting at node 10, I consistently face teams that are 5-8K stronger than my team. I'm only at 33K and I face 40K teams. Example:

ccEmJ0k.jpg

Got to plow through RG, then Han and all the time QQJ, GS and Rey just 1 shot characters. When I manage to beat it; and this happens pretty rarely now it's mostly RNG and just throwing tons and tons of characters at it, each getting 1-3 shots in before the team gets wiped.

This is not a 40K team.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Being GW guild day had a few cracks.. its so inconsistent... one i had medium hard throughout to ridiculous hard last 2 (last being impossible) next go was easy throughout and 1 tricky team to finish
  • JinnNu
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I have no complains. GW has always been fun, before and after the change. But I do understand why other people are not happy. Their Arena team is too strong and GW turned out to be too hard.
    I like to develop all my toons equally so my arena rank is not that great (100-300). therefore I do not have the GW problem. I use the fun team (B team) all the way to the last 5,6 nodes. use A team to beat the rest. if they all die, it's fine! no need to retreat because i have a C team that is almost equally strong.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Something is up for sure. I have a 39K arena power and faced tough teams at 6, 9 and 10 but green teams on 11 and 12 yesterday.

Yup and I also faced a 41K+ team on nodes 11 and 12.

How have they not addressed this broken tweak.
  • bLz
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    This is not a 40K team.
    It's not exactly in my range either is it. This is just what I got today. Stopped me from completing the GW again. :confounded:

• Salty01
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

ccEmJ0k.jpg

This is not a 40K team.

It's a 38K team.
  • Options

ccEmJ0k.jpg

There have to be some issues with the algorithm that picks the opponents. I reckon it's all about finding that arena power sweet spot.

I hear ya. My Arena power is 34k and I keep hitting 40k squads like this, for example:
    EohtGYZ.png

Takes 3 or 4 squads to drop them. Stun Fun Sac and eliminate RG first, Rex next. The rotating stealth from Teebo made this quite challenging.