Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Please keep all comments civil, on topic and within the rules of the Forum
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • So it's just impossible for some now? Too easy for others? How does this help us complete it in a reasonable time? Smdh
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    A Fair enough reply. A challenge is a challenge I suppose. All I wanted to know is do they pull the node battle information from your arena rank or from your highest squad power.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Best wishes and thanks for the fishes.

http://youtu.be/3QjTIm-vSKg
    Post edited by Phlebotomy_Jones on
  • I don´t mind them tweaking the difficulty, however they should announce it when they do so. Many players including myself started maxing my arena squad when they lowered the difficulty. Now with the current tweaks this decision is going to bite me in the buttocks.
    Maybe it's time to adjust the difficulty of gw not to your arena squad but overall roster.
  • Why wasn't it announced that there will be a tweak on June 29th? And what was with the silence for three days?
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It was better before June 15 if this is what it'll be like now. At least I could finish with multiple retreats and such. Current state is near impossible for some when facing teams 5k higher than our best team. That's after protection and everything else is depleted in prior nodes. Just freaking crazy to say working as expected when some get those ridiculously easy squads on node 12.
  • just. Stop. Spending. Much easier to walk away from a game that way
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    So they admit they tuned it. Fine. Would have been nice to know about it but whatever. But devs still not saying it's bugged when some people are getting a 3 starred team with no gear for the 12th node? Ummm OK
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    So its in between the two past. Increase rewards and we'll call it even. 3x would be fine
  • sorry, but the "tweak" mentioned, isn't accurately reflected in the "new" Galactic War. It ramps up to node 6, then drops a bit for the next few nodes, then is all top arena teams for over 4 nodes, finally ending at un-geared, lv80 characters.

This is a "mobile" game. I was actually enjoying the 6/15 GW update, as I believe I had developed powerful characters through 8+ months of playing this game, to be able to run through it in a reasonable amount of time.

It is not fun to fight arena teams over and over. Why couldn't you have each node offer "synergy" teams, or teams from the same race / type? That would have been a great way for players to see how each character functions? There is no "strategy" here that can be developed from a deep roster when all you fight is top teams that were created just for that - Top ranking in Arena.

There is no "Galactic" in this war - just ridiculous double taunt arena teams.
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    @CG_JohnSalera one thing I would suggest is increasing the rewards, especially credits and crystals from GW, if you are going to keep it this difficult. If it's going to take players significant time to complete, they should be rewarded as such. Maybe when GW was first introduced the rewards were plentiful because nobody was at level 80 with the huge gear needs and farming people do now. So, either make it easier to complete and keep the rewards lower, or make it a challenge as you say but actually reward players for the effort.

Also, if the main point of the rollback was to make GW take less time (which was the stated goal) how does this change help that goal?

Finally, please don't "sneak" in these changes without telling people for days. People obviously notice. I don't think you guys have sinister intent, but you see the threads here about "stealth" nerfs when they don't exist. This plays into that paranoia. We need better communication about what is happening in a game people are spending a lot of money to play.

Thanks for listening.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    What's weird is this comes very shortly after they announced they were lowering the difficulty of GW in response to complaints that it took too long. It sounds like CG can't make up their minds.

Found it!
    "Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46294/community-update-6-10-2016#latest

This was just three weeks ago! What's going on?
  • +1000000000
  • I think they decided to give creds in scoundrel and take from GW
  • I think they decided to give creds in scoundrel and take from GW

• Why change stuff without telling us? Did they hope we wont realise?

Gw is harder than it was prior to june 15th tweak at least for me. Hopefully it wont get to being undoable point.

• tuli
    83 posts Member
    Totally screw up. Same or worst than before.
    It consumed me almost 1,5 hours to finish GW today. Rewards aren't even worth that time.
    I don't care for it being challenging or not, but we still get the same rewards than 40 lvls ago. Something must be reworked asap.
  • Wow, I'm pretty surprised this was intentional.

It's a completely inconsistent experience for users, no notice until two days after the fact, and we're worse off than the original version time wise.

Not sure what you can do folks. Vote with your wallet and with a low rating on the app store if you don't agree with the change.

We got EA'd indeed. lol

-Capin5556
  • Annoyed that this was an unannounced change and the response to player backlash is "get over it"

I was thinking about spending some of my paycheck on maxing out Sun Fac and picking up Ge Spy but that's not going to happen. I'll get them when they are free.

I have a deep roster, I've spent a lot of money on this game, I finish anywhere from top 5 to top 50 depending on how aggressive I am, my 5 top toons are 39,564 arena power and today I cannot get past Node 6.

This is unacceptable.
  • Those last 45k credits + mats + single character shard are now exceedingly difficult to get. Almost not worth the effort.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Gratz on making the game less fun for terrible level 40 rewards. No freaking way do I want to spend more than an hour everyday fighting the same teams in GW I fight in arena everyday.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    I think they decided to give creds in scoundrel and take from GW

Yeah you may be right but to stealth tune it is a little shady. A heads up would have been all that was needed instead of a 20 page thread

• Aero wrote: »
    What's weird is this comes very shortly after they announced they were lowering the difficulty of GW in response to complaints that it took too long. It sounds like CG can't make up their minds.

More likely as others have stated in other threads, sales of credit packs likely dropped considerably due to gw being doable, so ea decided to make it impossible again to boost the sales back up
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Are you serious?

Node 12 seems to be gear 1 characters for everyone.
    I faced a full top arena teams at node 6,7, 9 today, and still working to succeed...

This month you shouldnt get paid.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Called it
  • Whatever tuning they did on June 29th, they messed up for people at the very top end of the game. Every single person I have talked to that has a maxed out arena team is getting these weak 3* level 80ish toons with no gear on at least node 12, some on node 11 too.

I have completed more than 150 GWs and never saw those weak final nodes until the last 2 days. This is now two days in a row. What are the odds of that?

Something is amiss...
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member

Kane13 wrote: »
    I think they decided to give creds in scoundrel and take from GW

Yeah you may be right but to stealth tune it is a little shady. A heads up would have been all that was needed instead of a 20 page thread

This.....+1
  • Rewards need to increase at levels 70 and 80.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Unbelievable! I have never ever played a game that made such drastic changes without announcing it first.