Insufficient Storage for Update **Megathread**

Prev13456710
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited June 2017
In order to get a one stop location for the trending issue regarding insufficient storage for the current update, please post your information here. The design team is going to be looking at this thread, so please respond with the following:
  • What type of device are you using?
  • Ally code
  • Current squad lineup at time of issue
We appreciate your patience while we investigate the issue.

EDIT- I know I've PMed a couple of you to provide the following above, but going forward, lets concentrate posts here on this thread. Thanks!
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Ozil12
    18 posts Member
    The game said that I don´t have enough storage, but before the update I had 60 free MB and I played without problem, now I have 160 free MB and the message appears always, it´s because manual download or something else??
  • Hi, i do have the same issue after updating , and have 5.46 gigs left. Tried to reboot my device, but nothing changed.
  • Its frustrating how the game is crashing everytime in the middle of a match... Has anyone the same problem as me? It happened when I downloaded the new update.
  • I haven't seen that issue but it seems like our Ally's lead characters are messed-up right now, they're all showing low level characters they haven't leveled. If anybody was curious about Mob Enforcer now is the time to go test one. lol Overally, everything else is pretty cool!

@CG_Conduit23
  • The play store (I'm on an Android device) automatically update my game this afternoon (7/12/16). Now when I try to play the game I get an error saying there is not enough memory on my device. I have over 20 GB of available space on my phone and an additional 20 GB available on my SD card. I've tried moving the game from the phone to the SD card (this did not resolve my issue), I then moved it back to the phone (issue still not resolved). Lastly, I tried uninstalling the game completely, restarting my phone, reinstalling the game - and still I get the same error. I assume this game isn't supposed to take up the remaining 40 GB on my phone. Furthermore, I've been playing the game just fine since release and it never needed this much data in the past. Clearly the most recent update broke something.
  • Mine just crashed mid battle as well, some strange things occurring so far like the mentioned low level allys
  • Hey I have the same problem too (I didn't see your post and made one of my own... ooops.) I actually have 20 GB free on my phone and another 20 GB free on an SD card. Clearly I have enough memory for this game.
  • Oh and if it does crash mid battle you lose the energy for that attempt...
  • Paxoxo4
    47 posts Member
    Same issue here!!!4 crashes in 30 minutes.
  • I haven't seen that issue but it seems like our Ally's lead characters are messed-up right now, they're all showing low level characters they haven't leveled. If anybody was curious about Mob Enforcer now is the time to go test one. lol Overally, everything else is pretty cool!

@CG_Conduit23

Allies seemed to be fixed, thanks!

@CG_Conduit23
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    After today's client update I'm getting this error out of nowhere. It's been like this for over an hour. I cleared a lot of space, and tried with the game both in the SD (64gb out of which 44.30gb are available) and internal storage (16gb out of which 3.74gb are available right now).

Also on top of all of this I'll miss my arena payout, since I can't access the game. Just great.

Any thoughts?

Device: OnePlus X, Android Version 5.1.1
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    I also rebooted the phone a couple of times.

I could try uninstalling the app entirely and reinstalling from scratch but with my net that'd take a couple of hours, and I'd really hate to miss PvP payout because of a bug. Knowing the support they won't do anything about my rewards and I could just kiss goodbye today's top 1.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    You're quick. I like you better than support haha. Thanks. Replied over there. Let's find out what's the issue :)
  • Fubanuba
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm having the same issue ever since I updated the game earlier today.I have 4 gigs of free space as well.I uninstalled and did a fresh install still says I don't have enough space.
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    Same problem here...everything worked fine and after update i get that storage message and can't get in.....and have less than 2h to do yesterday gw....less than 1h to extra energy...and so on...and so on :(

Quick help needed.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    Ah lol my cantina energy was full before the update, I didn't want to use it to save for mods. I have currently lost around 2 hours of natural refill for cantina energy and counting :(

My arena payout is in 21 minutes now. This is frustrating.
  • Same problem here. Please help!
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    Any of you guys with better network can try deleting reinstalling the app?
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    Yeah...my cantina energy is full too....this is so f#!=*#g bad :( ...
    I was so curious about the update...now paying a high price for that.
  • GrampaSimpson
    355 posts Member
    edited July 2016

Gonna try that right now. Will post right back.
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Any of you guys with better network can try deleting reinstalling the app?

• OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    I freed up some more space. 4.79gb available on internal storage...

Still same error.

Considering my arena payout is in 2 minutes, there's no point in not experimenting anymore. I'll proceed to delete / reinstall the app. *Sigh*
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    I can try that. Give me a couple of minutes.
  • Didn't work.
  • 1. ZTE z828 (Avid Plus) running Android 5.1.1.
    2. Ally code 444-642-769
    3. Arena squad is Phasma Lead, LU, JC, Sid, Dooku
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    1- LG Magna (LG-H500f) - running Android
    2 - Ally code - 637-747-418
    3- Arena squad - Phasma, RG, QGJ, Rey, Luminara
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    I freed up some more space, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app now. Still the same error. :/

I also lost arena payouts, and now around 2-3 hours of cantina energy refills.
  • Ally code 919 212 299 , GT-N5110 .Android 5.1.1 .Phasma , QGJ ,Rey ,GS , Leia
  • 40 mins away from bonus energy expiring... no rush guys, but any progress?
  • worrall1979
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I have iPhone, plenty of free space though game is stuck in loading, tried rebooting. Both energy supplies were full and missing out whilst this problem continues. Unable to view ally code as game won't open though name is
    Mike Hunt.
    Current squad lineup is
    Old Ben, Rey, GS, ST Han & Old Daka
    6 hours inactive but back on now, missed a bit of stuff.
    Ally code: 346-881-638
    Ive quit the game, played since 1st week but the money grab has got too much
    Post edited by worrall1979 on
  • 1.- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ( Android 4.4.2)
    2.- Ally Code 991-417-668
    3.- QGJ leader, luminara, royal guard, Soldado genosiano, Five.

The same problem!. :( I've lost all day..