Dropping like flies

Replies

• Options
    dough wrote: »
    this is the most discouraging drop I've seen so far as this guy is a pillar of the swgoh community:

http://imgur.com/3HgWHem

Wow that was the #1 guy on my shard since the start. Incredible, is there something I don't know? Why would he quit, if mods aren't so bad?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    There was no way you tested any of this update before you put it out and if you did **** you...

We've tried nicely to ask you @CG_JohnSalera to stop ruining this game. Concerns are pushed aside and yet again we have unbalanced crap of a game that had pushed most of my guildmates to their limit. Pokemon over Star Wars. Never would I ever imagine a Pokemon game can be more fun than a Star Wars game.
  • Bill
    53 posts Member
    Options
    If you guys who troll post think it's funny that EA ruined the game then by all means keep supporting them. I can almost guarantee there going to lose 1/4 or more of there players over turning this once fun game into a money hungry monster. I am going to contact EA and ITunes and demand any and all refunds i can get. I'd suggest others do the same.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    this is the most discouraging drop I've seen so far as this guy is a pillar of the swgoh community:

Wow that was the #1 guy on my shard since the start. Incredible, is there something I don't know? Why would he quit, if mods aren't so bad?

Oh geez maybe because everything he paid into the game became worthless and locked behind another pay wall lol. If I had spent big money and was at the top I would be angry and want a refund. All that wasted money on gear etc when mods blow it all out of the water
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »

Oh geez maybe because everything he paid into the game became worthless and locked behind another pay wall lol.

You'd think a whale would know the nature of the sea in which they swim.
  • Swgohrocks69
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tak wrote: »

Oh geez maybe because everything he paid into the game became worthless and locked behind another pay wall lol. If I had spent big money and was at the top I would be angry and want a refund. All that wasted money on gear etc when mods blow it all out of the water

I'm f2p, if my shards whales are quitting do I even have a chance. I did pre save my cantina energy so I have tons of mods. The mods challenges are hard and I can't complete them. I'm level 80 so I had 139 cantina energy saved
  • Options
    Bill wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this game. Now it's ruined. Free to play players stand no chance at all in a arena unless there willing to drop big money into the money hungry mods. I know this game has to make money but since you have made this game about nothing but money I'm done. I have spent more than my fair share of money but that stops today. I'm done supporting this money hungering EA company. Thanks for ruining it for all the free to play people and those who occasionally spent some.

Why do you need to drop big money? I didn't drop a dime and I'm doing fine. I banked my cantina energy before patch... that doesn't cost money.
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Bill wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this game. Now it's ruined. Free to play players stand no chance at all in a arena unless there willing to drop big money into the money hungry mods. I know this game has to make money but since you have made this game about nothing but money I'm done. I have spent more than my fair share of money but that stops today. I'm done supporting this money hungering EA company. Thanks for ruining it for all the free to play people and those who occasionally spent some.

Why do you need to drop big money? I didn't drop a dime and I'm doing fine. I banked my cantina energy before patch... that doesn't cost money.

Yeah I don't think it's that bad
  • Options
    K bye.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    This update really did it for me, I'm done playing this game
  • Options
    It may need some tweaking but it's pretty cool so far. The main thing is the raid needs to be updated.
  • Options
    Those have have played since launch know how cool this game was. They had a good core they still needed to work on to get the game right everyone knew that and was patient. It's been 9 months and alot of the player base is still waiting.

I have watched them add an update , then more updates, but ignoring the balance issues. They thought mods was an answer I guess.

When is enough, actually enough?
    I just uninstalled
  • Options
    Told my guildies I'll log in a couple times a day to give gear away through the exchange then on Monday I'm uninstalling.
  • Options
    Pokemon is better guys spend your hard earned cash on pokeballs don't keep wasting it on useless Gear and mods because next they'll start handing out fairy dust mods where for a price you can dodge every attack.
  • Options
    I once played a game called "Wartune". It was extremely fun and it had a very social environment. Don't get me wrong there was the distance between F2P and P2P but it was manageable. At least it was until they introduced these God form transformations. Yes it was literally a God form transformation. These things completely broke the old power system and made it impossible to attempt any new content without them.

So what was the real purpose of the update? In my opinion it is to start the cash flow over again. Most whales, dolphins, etc.. are reaching the point where they have most if not all of the toons they need/want maxed out for raids. This means there is no need to burn $100 on crystals as often. To them interested here comes a game breaking change that forces the need to spend again. If you don't believe what I am saying or disagree with it that is okay. All I can say is wait to see the new raids and holla back.
  • Options
    I just said my goodbye to my Guild mates. I'm a dedicated player and Officer who grinded hard, spent much, and had a lot of fun strategizing with my guild on raid strategy and toons because you actually had the ability to follow a relatively predictable strategy that enabled you to grow at the pace you wanted. The game play may end up being great, but to undo all that has been grinded for in the blink of an eye unless I immediately spend countless new hours in pursuit of effective mod combinations to counter my less important gear and ability levels - is not worth it to me. Many say they want to protect their sizable investment. I believe I am by not spending any further and walking away in a good place.

Best of Luck to all who remain to compete.
  • Ken
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Disgusted with the changes. My squad power dropped with the update and I'm now losing to teams I could beat before. Also seems like the odds have gotten worse for gaining shards. The game is nothing but a wallet flush. The fun is gone.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    They are fine-tuning mods as well, no need for mass-hysteria.

Wait a bit and see how the changes will be.

They are fine tuning mods now that people have already invested in them lol. They should try fine tuning their updates
  • Options
    didn't lost anyone in my guild, we are pretty happy about the update, but a bit worried about GW last impossible node
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Toukai wrote: »
    Breetai wrote: »
    My entire guild is now looking new game to play as they want to stay intact. So yes my whole guild is leaving, and about Alf the guild are whales.

Think I'm the only one in my guild giving this a try

What game could replace swgoh?

@Swgohrocks69
    Summoners War, Marvel heroes, the other 500 korean fighting rpg games that this whole thing is based off of? I mean, really... the list is almost endless.

The new ff exvious is cool

Downloaded it yesterday. ☺
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Just to be anti mainstream: We haven't lost anybody so far. (Top 100 guild) Looks like I am the one in my guild who is the most mad about the MOD update.

@MarmotaMonax You could always change your ign like I did to see if you can start anything ;)

@Boxandthefuzz Haha I already saw your nick change, but I seriously hope you are not leaving yourself :P

@MarmotaMonax I'm not leaving yet. I'm giving them a week to at least acknowledge this is broken. But I do have one foot out the door.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Breetai wrote: »
    My entire guild is now looking new game to play as they want to stay intact. So yes my whole guild is leaving, and about Alf the guild are whales.

Think I'm the only one in my guild giving this a try

What game could replace swgoh?

@Swgohrocks69
    Summoners War, Marvel heroes, the other 500 korean fighting rpg games that this whole thing is based off of? I mean, really... the list is almost endless.

The new ff exvious is cool

I saw that and will probably give that game a try now that a have some space on my phone from deleting this game.

It has rich cinematic sequences, awesome game play and the music is amazing. Make sure to go to reddit and read the guide to rerolling. I've started the game with three top tier toons from rerolling.

Link? Oh, fine. I'll Google it.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I'm hanging around. My gf left me two updates back (pours shot) :)
  • Options
    Rey hits me with 35k Crit.
    Enemy Team is complete moded in GW.
    Any Battle is faked.
    Ten Times i Start the Battle with the same Opening and Ten Times the enemy evades.
    Its a big Fake to make Money.

Thx EA for ruined a good Game.

The Devs are to stupid to balanced this Game.

Sorry for my Englisch but EA has not enough Money for a German Forum.
    I can tell so many Thinks that is bad in this Game but my Englisch is not so good.

But i can say.

DONT PLAY THIS GAME.
  • Options
    Rey hits me with 35k Crit.
    Enemy Team is complete moded in GW.
    Any Battle is faked.
    Ten Times i Start the Battle with the same Opening and Ten Times the enemy evades.
    Its a big Fake to make Money.

Thx EA for ruined a good Game.

The Devs are to **** to balanced this Game.

Sorry for my Englisch but EA has not enough Money for a German Forum.
    I can tell so many Thinks that is bad in this Game but my Englisch is not so good.

But i can say.

DONT PLAY THIS GAME.

You should read the forums more. You're English is better than most that write in English as their primary language.
  • Options
    Been playing everyday for the last two months and it took one update to make players think twice on continue playing or not. These mods are great way to kill a great game.

It really is broken from the get go. >.<
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Had been busy the last few days. Logged in today and found my guild of 50 is now a guild of 28 :o
  • Options
    It's here and getting better everyday!!
  • Options
    Quiet a few of our hardest hitters have left and more are on the fence. I'll be out too once I'm done giving away all my raid/useful salvage. The game just isn't same as the one I downloaded back in November. Yes, I'm sure others really enjoy this update, but I'm just not in the same boat anymore.
  • Options
    Wow, mods are a terrible addition. Why is it that every update fails to address previous problems yet always add a host of new ones?