Dropping like flies

Replies

• Swgohrocks69
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You've made everything else irrelevant, the star level, the gear, the abilities are all now almost useless.
    You just took every bit of balance out of the game. Did they just decide that gear shouldn't matter? Did they just get to greedy? I believe so, with raid gear everyone in a heroic Guild was on a level playing field only non-raid gear did p2p players have the advantage. Now anyone who has $1k laying around can max out mods and basically destroy anyone.
    We asked for bug fixes, kit updates to characters and they didn't even consider it, when they were planning on you to do it yourself (eg. Mods). I was expecting +10% to stats not 200%
    Post edited by Swgohrocks69 on
  • Options
    We have a great group of players so we've been lucky that our "family" are truly friends so we stick together. It bothers me to see all these once active guilds scrambling to join together with others to weather the storm that EA/CG set in motion.

**As a final note, TNR has a great family that is staying put. If you are a member of a guild that is failing and want to join our team of 200 strong that's flourishing, drop me a line here @ioniancat21 and I will seriously consider any and all applicants. We over at TNR recognize the players in the game and if you are sticking around and lost your group, come drop me a line and I'm sure I can help you!!!!
  • Options
    Our guild is also losing players. And I anticipate more in the next few days if something doesn't happen soon.
    I try to be positive being a leader of a guild with 150+ members. One of those large conglomerates that are atop the raid and arena lbs. Negativity is a toxic AMD contagious which I why I avoid the forums.

Remember a few weeks ago when CG rolled out the Jedi events only to cancel them because they weren't being well received? Let's hope this happens again.

My problems with mods are this. I invested time and money into leveling gearing and starring my teams for raids, PvP, and events. Now all of that work is out the window when mods make raids easy. And how are we supposed to acquire creds when GW is even harder when facing nodded arena teams. What's the point of farming new toons from the cantina table when mods are more of a priority. And how can we afford to level and star the gonna we've been working on when now we have to spend all those creds on mods.

I really hope CG can roll this back. This is making it harder for guild leadership to maintain a full guild and hafta reinvent raid rules to keep the raid from being demolished.
  • Options
    Omg...star level, gear level...all that is still important. Critical even. What do you think mods use to improve your abilities?? Your friggen base stats...which are granted to you via star and gear level duh

*smacks head*
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Omg...star level, gear level...all that is still important. Critical even. What do you think mods use to improve your abilities?? Your friggen base stats...which are granted to you via star and gear level duh

*smacks head*

Nope, sorry base stats don't matter, gear 6 4 star first order officer (gear 6 so no protection mind you) ended up with over 20k protection through mods.... Base stats literally mean nothing when you can get 2 mods 1 with 600 offence stat and the other with + 47% offence... Stars and gear level are less than 15% of a total character now, and it should have been the other way with mods being that percentage
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    My entire guild is now looking new game to play as they want to stay intact. So yes my whole guild is leaving, and about Alf the guild are whales.

Think I'm the only one in my guild giving this a try
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bit early to get me that excited. You'd have to have been on the fence already. This update clearly needs some love. Let's wait and see what happens. The patient will survive.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    My entire guild is now looking new game to play as they want to stay intact. So yes my whole guild is leaving, and about Alf the guild are whales.

What game could replace swgoh?
  • Options
    I think the biggest problem with mods were they were poorly implemented and communicated (surprise?).
    I would hazard to guess that most people had the expectation that when mods came they would be a cash grab that gave a character a subtle 10-20% differentiation.
    However, they appeared and they are much, much more than that. I'm not sure exactly how much they increase overall toon power, but from the one toon I outfitted with t5 mods, I would estimate the toon is seeing more like an 80% increase than a 10-20% one. This was completely unexpected and shocking for most.
    While I do feel things will normalize after awhile, this has the feel of a change that probably should have been in the game since day 1. It is that big of a departure from the established mechanics.
    It doesn't help that in addition to not level setting the player bases expectations, the developers also did not do a few things that needed to be done. Such as either linking mods to exponential squad power increases (or decoupling GW from arena power) and tuning single player content for the additional power creep.
    While the change may end up ok, once again, poor job of rolling it out.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@Swgohrocks69
    Summoners War, Marvel heroes, the other 500 korean fighting rpg games that this whole thing is based off of? I mean, really... the list is almost endless.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

@Swgohrocks69
    Summoners War, Marvel heroes, the other 500 korean fighting rpg games that this whole thing is based off of? I mean, really... the list is almost endless.

Is Marvel Heroes an RPG? I'm playing Marvel Future Fight too and not exactly excited about it, probably won't play that either.
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »

*smacks head*

Nope, sorry base stats don't matter, gear 6 4 star first order officer (gear 6 so no protection mind you) ended up with over 20k protection through mods.... Base stats literally mean nothing when you can get 2 mods 1 with 600 offence stat and the other with + 47% offence... Stars and gear level are less than 15% of a total character now, and it should have been the other way with mods being that percentage

lol ok.
  • Options

@Swgohrocks69

But none of those are ea/CG games. I want the great support we get from these guys. They may not get back to us in 24hrs but they sure do in a week, and I don't wanna lose that kind of support. Plus who doesn't love star wars.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Worth noting were approaching the 24 hour mark for the manual update and still no full update drop
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So this is what it must feel like to be on a Death Star that's blowing up!!

Intolerable!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@Swgohrocks69

Is Marvel Heroes an RPG? I'm playing Marvel Future Fight too and not exactly excited about it, probably won't play that either.

@Darth_Jay77
    Sorry, meant Marvel Avengers Alliance (2).

It's basically GOH this but with Marvel characters.

To be fair, GOH is just dot arena (I think it's called).

And I wouldnt say this is an RPG, nor the other games. I played them briefly and have only recently decided to pick them up again for.... reasons.... related too.... things....
  • Options
    This reminds me of the Star Wars Galaxies MMO NGE update....

I beta tested Galaxies and then played it when it went live for 1 1/2 years. They started the game off right but then bungled things with rancoor's and constantly nerfing / changing the balance of the game. It does somewhat remind me of Star Wars Galaxies but at least Galaxies had a year of the game being a good game.

i like this game when it launched but every update has made the game progressively worse. the player base here also isn't like galaxies. there wasn't all this infighting on Galaxies between p2p and f2p.

• Options
    Cool story.
    Now us dolphins can finally rule the ocean.
  • Options
    Same we have lost a handful including someone who had all 82 or whatever characters at 7*.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

I beta tested Galaxies and then played it when it went live for 1 1/2 years. They started the game off right but then bungled things with rancoor's and constantly nerfing / changing the balance of the game. It does somewhat remind me of Star Wars Galaxies but at least Galaxies had a year of the game being a good game.

i like this game when it launched but every update has made the game progressively worse. the player base here also isn't like galaxies. there wasn't all this infighting on Galaxies between p2p and f2p.

& why did the Galaxies go down if I may ask?

Answer: because they listened to the player base!
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Well time to get out my extra long marshmellow roasting stick and pull up a chair to the bonfire, I'm not leaving, too much fun to sit and watch.... Honestly the only redemption these guys have is a full staff chorus line doing a flawless rendition of the Trolollololo song while doing high kicks followed by an apology and the real update... Cheers
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Woops. Ignore this post. I thought we were talking about GoH. Forgot about the SW MMo that went down. Never played it, dont know anything about it. Editing out my comments :)
  • Options

I partially agree with that statement. the players never asked for the whole ship functionality they added in which frustrated alot of people. they didn't expand the content fast enough and expanded the wrong things. thats whats similar here.

galaxies needed more planets with more unique mobs and more bosses. galaxies had too much focus on pvp and not enough pve in my opinion.

I don't think the player base is asking for something out of line here. In my opinion they should remove mods and say they are bringing them back in 90days after they test and tweak the system to work properly.

I think alot of us aren't against having mods its just the timing and the poor execution that makes mods a complete backstab to most players. I haven't spent a dime so I don't expect the dev's to listen to my feedback.

the thing that we need is more playable content for the fun factor. not more things to simulate or spend money on. i liked the update besides mods. mods overshadowed the rest of the developers work where we look at this as horrible update when the update isnt that bad except for mods.

freemium games have become a lazymans game where the credit card=cheat code and too many people dont want to play the game the standard way and want to use cheat codes to become stronger. mods just continued that legacy and freemium developers are starting to understand the gaming expierence doesn't matter. they dont need to create fun. they need to create something addictive that drives out the cheat code in all of us.
  • JoJo
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing two accounts since January. On Tier 6 raids, they are 1 and 2 in the guild. My #1 account has been unable to finish GW since the update. The last squad destroys my 4 teams of lvl80, 7* teams. I have not even removed protection from just one member on their team. I will either quit completely, or give up on GW. I'm sure arena will be next. 2 months ago, both my accounts competed for #1 every night. Now I'm lucky to stay in the top 50. I see no purpose of this update, other than to bleed money out of players. Heck, they even let you buy all the mods with cyrstal. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Maybe it's time to play pokemon!
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    my main concern is that our guild - soley based on this update and the decisions of the devs - has been torn to pieces. That upsets me More than anything else. Don't want another guild. The guys I played with were amazing. It was a brotherhood.

I will echo these sentiments. There's been patches, there's been bugs where players say the obligatory "I'm quitting". Talk is cheap, until this patch. I think that this rests on CGs hands now, as the threats are becoming reality and every minute and every hour, there's more and more quitting. It's not like one this week, one next week, its an avalanche.

Change and vertical progression are good, but it has to be done in moderation. Online games are all about the people that you play with. And for me personally, its not about the money spent, the time invested, its the fact that I'm losing strong guildmates hourly that have made my gaming experience up to this point enjoyable.

Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post
  • JoJo
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Best description I have heard! Pay mode = cheat modes. That is what EA has done. Let everyone cheat, if they are willing to pay. The game content no sucks. 22 7*, lvl 80 toons, and unable to beat final battle in GW. Did first 11 with one team, full health and cool down all up. Team doesn't survive first wave of attacks. Maybe got two attacks off before wipe. And that's after sending in 6 suicide squads.
  • Options
    Cancer(EA) does incredibly well until it kills the host.
  • Options
    Just to be anti mainstream: We haven't lost anybody so far. (Top 100 guild) Looks like I am the one in my guild who is the most mad about the MOD update.

@MarmotaMonax You could always change your ign like I did to see if you can start anything ;)
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options

@Swgohrocks69

The new ff exvious is cool