Dropping like flies

Replies

• Options
    We are down to 45/50, interesting enough it's the people that spent money that quit. I guess waking up to your toons being worthless will do that to you. I think I am done too, but I will lurk around the forum to see if there are any changes. Hard to leave a roster u spent money on and now have nothing to show for it.

Yeah the guys that left mine with the exception of 1 were p2p too.

• Options
    They pigeonholed us again. These mods did nothing but force us to spend more crystals and add time to the work we put in day by day. They added health and made our toons hit harder, so nothing changes except we have to spend more in a new area
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Since the Galactic War farce I have stopped spending in this game altogether. I am going to give this mods system thing a week or so and, if it's as bad as everyone seems to portent, I will just walk away. It feels like GW might have been the halfway house between dolphin-level spending and total abandonment of the game, for me personally.
  • Options
    Lost 5 member and my 1st lieutenant retired.

And now we have to use even more resources on toons we don't use to complete the mod challenges, just to be able to get higher level mods, to spend resources to pump hem into toons we do use , to make the game balanced again.

i have tried to stay positive - even to the pont of being willfully ignorant - of the beating we take in this game. I can't do it any longer. Not when ever incentive has been taken away.

So I'm gonna sit back and see if one of my remaining guildies can solo t6 with his super toon squad.
  • Options
    Guild leader just quit top 12 guild F2P

Gg ea
  • Options
    I'm staying. Disagree with all recent cg's decisions, but i want to see the evolution of this game. 100% f2p.
  • Options
    One or two left. Atleast ten of us are talking about quitting. I personally will leave if there isn't a roll back very quickly. This took away all the fun so unless they fix this within a day or so more of us will leave. When you make people feel that it's pointless loigging in you are basically asking your players to find another game. I heard that Pokemon Go is supposed to be fun..
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Options
    We've lost at least 4,mors talking about quitting since GW and arena are impossible for them for the foreseeable future
  • Options
    This reminds me of the Star Wars Galaxies MMO NGE update....

They removed my thread that was titled Mods = NGE lol

They have many parallels. I hope they realize that this is only going to reduce their player base overall and crush their bottom line.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options
    Had 43 players in my guild after the update about 20 quit 5 were inactive meaning the most likely quit. Me and my few members left jumped ship and joined a guild that lose quite a few members. This had to be the worse update yet killed everybody off.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    We've lost several between gw issues and the update. A few more are on the fence (myself included). Just faced a max dooku in gw all modded out (so much health and protection). Beat it but I can't do that every day.

The only reason I'm sticking around is cause my guild is great and I'm excited to move up to heroics this week. But now that gear ain't worth much I'm not even very excited about that
  • Options
    Same. I've spent most than I should on this game, but it has been a great time waster when things are going at work. This mod garbage is a typical EA money grab.
    Whatever...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Several have left my guild too.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    We've lost several between gw issues and the update. A few more are on the fence (myself included). Just faced a max dooku in gw all modded out (so much health and protection). Beat it but I can't do that every day.

The only reason I'm sticking around is cause my guild is great and I'm excited to move up to heroics this week. But now that gear ain't worth much I'm not even very excited about that

@KelEl85
    Gear is worthless if you get the correct mods. T7 can already be solo'd.
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Shark jumped.

Yep. I'm F2P, with maybe an occasional crystal purchase when I'm totally bored. But now I'm standing on the ledge, with one foot in mid air. This nonsense is about to send me the rest of the way off.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yep - EA/CG killed the cash cow. Someone remember to cut off the lights before you leave. Nice work guys. Nothing left to do now but correct my rating on Google. Horrible
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Just to be anti mainstream: We haven't lost anybody so far. (Top 100 guild) Looks like I am the one in my guild who is the most mad about the MOD update.
  • Options
    Terrible update with zero insight into how it would affect the game other than fluffing the game and exacerbating already gaping flaws.

No surprise people are quitting for better games developed by much smarter teams.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yep - EA/CG killed the cash cow. Someone remember to cut off the lights before you leave. Nice work guys. Nothing left to do now but correct my rating on Google. Horrible

@Nikoms565
    I first put 1* in Feb. It has remained such. My post was literally "they only care about money. if you dont plan to spent 5,000 then this is not the game for you."

It's just as accurate today as it was back then.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

@Nikoms565 I can't understand how they can see this and think "wait, let it play out".

As any business, complaints are one thing. But when you lose customers, I would think that would be enough for a call to action.

my main concern is that our guild - soley based on this update and the decisions of the devs - has been torn to pieces. That upsets me More than anything else. Don't want another guild. The guys I played with were amazing. It was a brotherhood.

• Options
    So I'm not leaving (yet), but definitely have converted to FTP for the time being. I'm willing to see what happens. That said... these mods seem a bit overboard. Other systems I have played, mods could at most add a 10-15% differentiation to already existing toons. These mods seem overboard. Even at tier1/tier 2, there are drastic, drastic changes to characters.

For example, on Tier 7 raid today, I modded Teebow with 6 potency, STH with 4 Offense 2 crit chance, Phasma with 4 crit damage, and 2 crit chance, EE with 6 health, and QGJ with 4 speed and 2 crit chance. All mods tier 1 and 2. I went from doing a consistent 1M damage in P1 to completely clearing it and getting the P2 rancor down to 65%.

Crazy.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys!!! This is my first post in discussions I feel the key is the title ;)
  • Options
    UPDATE:

The count is now up to ten. Two of them whales. Dollars are literally flying out the window.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    the two whales have decided to go ftp, thinking of quitting.
    ftps are thinking of quitting.
    this is a mess
  • Options
    Weird. Haven't lost any in my guild, everyone is pretty pysch'd about mods, even the free fish. I do hope they change it so we can donate mods.
  • Options
    We lost three players who were each $1K+ players. Gone. Devs have no clue. If EA ran their business properly, all of these people would be fired immediately. Incompetence abounds.
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    Options
    the imbalance just got worse already OP toons are now in a different Galaxy, I recommend they hire some Beta testers that actually play the game.
  • Options
    SantasWS wrote: »
    the imbalance just got worse already OP toons are now in a different Galaxy, I recommend they hire some Beta testers that actually play the game.

Wait you think these devs actually alpha test anything? Please. Clearly they don't. I cannot reasonably be anyone's rational idea to have a RG with 250k health/prot.
  • Options
    For us ftp this is awesome. Changes nothing. If you claim to be ftp and hate this update then I think you are lying about ftp. This helps us be. more competative
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    For us ftp this is awesome. Changes nothing. If you claim to be ftp and hate this update then I think you are lying about ftp. This helps us be. more competative

I used to have a teacher that said "It is always better to remain silent and let people presume you are a doofus than open your mouth (or post on the internet) and remove all doubt."

You do not understand this game at all if you think mods "even the playing field" between f2p and whales. They do not - at all. Whales can refresh cantina energy, "buy" mods in the mod exchange for hundreds or thousands of crystals without blinking. Then you won't sniff the top 10 in arena...or top 50.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*