Just remove speed as primary mod stat

Replies

• Options
    Speed huh? Thanks for the tip
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Disagree. It's only available on arrows, maxes out at 26, and the set bonus is practically worthless, maxing out at 16.

Maxes out at thirty, and almost single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now. It's terrible for the game.

The only way speed should be a primary stat is as an inverse proportion. Gives 50 speed, minus 25% of the characters base speed. Solved.

I have over 200 mods and I got 1 of those 30 speeds. If 1 character getting plus 30 determines your PVP outcome it is your team that needs work. Sorry but 1 character 1 stat does not determine it.

No more nerfing mods. People are spending on them still in the shipments and every time someone can't beat someone with them they come a crying for removal.

How about we make all equal and every fight is a draw? Come on +30 speed hardly "dictates the outcome"

+30 speed hardly makes anoyone crazy. Sure add it on Rey, Leia, GS, or add it to a slow character. I've had it on Phasma and 86 to boost them. Mods are intended to help be more relevant. +30 helps those in the 110-130 range become more viable.

You're right Shawn, but some people have gotten lucky with their mods and there are other mods with secondary speed stats of 15+. I'll try and get a picture of this one guy and his ST Han with 202 speed. His Han goes first, kills TM, Rey nukes somebody, Old Ben goes and locks you out for 2 turns because even my 198 speed Rex cannot go before Old Ben because of ST Han. I'm okay with the Mods, if the secondary stats weren't so completely random and it would be better if they were straight %'s instead of integer values.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Hasn't everyone been saying for weeks how ANY team can win on offence, well now it can't it takes some thought and defence finally has a chance and were upset about it? Now when you do your arena battles to snipe #1 spot 3 mins before payout actually depends on if you can beat the guys team not just auto though it
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Hasn't everyone been saying for weeks how ANY team can win on offence, well now it can't it takes some thought and defence finally has a chance and were upset about it? Now when you do your arena battles to snipe #1 spot 3 mins before payout actually depends on if you can beat the guys team not just auto though it

Are you still running all 5 Clones?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Down to 4, Cody lost his spot to good ol RG, finish top 20 every day and echo only gear 8
  • Options
    Down to 4, Cody lost his spot to good ol RG, finish top 20 every day and echo only gear 8

Nnnooo, not Cody. Why Cody over Clone Sarge? My Cody is nowhere near ready for Arena but I've done some GW with him and he's pretty strong with where he's at now.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Disagree. It's only available on arrows, maxes out at 26, and the set bonus is practically worthless, maxing out at 16.

Maxes out at thirty, and almost single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now. It's terrible for the game.

The only way speed should be a primary stat is as an inverse proportion. Gives 50 speed, minus 25% of the characters base speed. Solved.

Saying it single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now is an exaggeration. Yesterday in arena I faced a Rex(L), Rey, Qgj, Rg and Sth and all of them had the +30 speed receivers. I was still able to beat them. I run a Dooku(L), Qgj, Rey, Yoda & Daka all in tier 10 gear. Yes it was a challenge and yes they are beatable. When fighting teams like this you need to have the best gear you can have. You need to have multiple omegas on the best and most helpful abilities. You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using. If you're not doing all these things then yeah you are gonna lose.

The speed mod is the best mod. You are contradicting yourself. And yes, you can beat a lower geared team with speed mods here and there, but they can also destroy you on offense, which wasn't easy before. One mod slot is more important than a gear level in my experience, while the rest of them are just meh.

@DarthMasterShawn I'm talking about having 3+ speed primary mods on a team. One doesn't determine the outcome, of course not. The fact remains that it is by a huge margin the most powerful mod, and whether you can get it or not a down to a tiny RNG percentage. Having the entire team go before your team is a gigantic disadvantage in arena, not to mention taking more turns if the round goes long enough, or they're running stuns.

If they wanted to buff the rest of the mods to be as powerful as speed, I would be all for that. But something needs to give.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options

@Darth_Jay77
    Clone sarge is imo the heart and reason for the clone team... 9.7k crits on non omega special with TM reduc and 11-12k crits with 50% TM on basic and 60% crit chance before the extra 14% from the other clones... Rex goes first after the enemy Rey and gives team full TM... Clone sarge is next and sweeps em down to 50% TM on enemy team... This is where the Cody assist went before but while it allowed me to end thier Rey, I lacked follow up and survival after it... Now where I'm running RG stuns thier big threat, (Daka, St Han, tie pilot, ig88) and I follow that with 5s assist to end the Rey threat... I love Cody but without my staying power and hp in arena he gets blasted on defence and I dropped rank without RG to stop the face roll on the squshies of my clones... But I would NEVER swap out my clone sarge for **** near anyone.., like mentioned in this very thread he offers the same problem as old Ben going first and dropping your TM of enemy team to half and does half of the enemy teams protection or more while doing it.. To link back to topic I run that 30 speed on my sarge for exactly that reason of the TM drop first move out of the gate @Darth_Jay77
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77
    Clone sarge is imo the heart and reason for the clone team... 9.7k crits on non omega special with TM reduc and 11-12k crits with 50% TM on basic and 60% crit chance before the extra 14% from the other clones... Rex goes first after the enemy Rey and gives team full TM... Clone sarge is next and sweeps em down to 50% TM on enemy team... This is where the Cody assist went before but while it allowed me to end thier Rey, I lacked follow up and survival after it... Now where I'm running RG stuns thier big threat, (Daka, St Han, tie pilot, ig88) and I follow that with 5s assist to end the Rey threat... I love Cody but without my staying power and hp in arena he gets blasted on defence and I dropped rank without RG to stop the face roll on the squshies of my clones... But I would NEVER swap out my clone sarge for **** near anyone.., like mentioned in this very thread he offers the same problem as old Ben going first and dropping your TM of enemy team to half and does half of the enemy teams protection or more while doing it.. To link back to topic I run that 30 speed on my sarge for exactly that reason of the TM drop first move out of the gate @Darth_Jay77

Cool, makes sense.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Rex lead clone teams thank u guys....
    Yeah, keep stacking those speed mods, forgoing offense up primary and protection/health secondaries.

I am 100% opposed to nerfing speed. It is no fun if mods are all perfectly balanced and all are simply gear 2.0. We have no credits. When I finally get a mod to drop, and I have credits to level it, I want to occasionally give a hoot what the stats are. Proccing speed secondary is a small woo-hoo that reminds me this game is occasionally fun. And using speed mod can change toon order. This is a huge reason arena is stale and a big part of what makes mods fun and interesting. They already nerfed mods into the ground. And I like to play with what little is left before deciding to remove the last trace of fun.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

Saying it single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now is an exaggeration. Yesterday in arena I faced a Rex(L), Rey, Qgj, Rg and Sth and all of them had the +30 speed receivers. I was still able to beat them. I run a Dooku(L), Qgj, Rey, Yoda & Daka all in tier 10 gear. Yes it was a challenge and yes they are beatable. When fighting teams like this you need to have the best gear you can have. You need to have multiple omegas on the best and most helpful abilities. You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using. If you're not doing all these things then yeah you are gonna lose.

The speed mod is the best mod. You are contradicting yourself. And yes, you can beat a lower geared team with speed mods here and there, but they can also destroy you on offense, which wasn't easy before. One mod slot is more important than a gear level in my experience, while the rest of them are just meh.

@DarthMasterShawn I'm talking about having 3+ speed primary mods on a team. One doesn't determine the outcome, of course not. The fact remains that it is by a huge margin the most powerful mod, and whether you can get it or not a down to a tiny RNG percentage. Having the entire team go before your team is a gigantic disadvantage in arena, not to mention taking more turns if the round goes long enough, or they're running stuns.

If they wanted to buff the rest of the mods to be as powerful as speed, I would be all for that. But something needs to give.

No, I'm not contradicting myself. I'm not talking about beating a lower geared team with speed mods. I'm talking about beating a fully geared or better geared teams that all have +30 speed mod receivers. And that it is possible to do so. I'm from a December shard so everybody there is fully geared with 30 or more 7* toons. More people in the top 10 have those +30 receivers that grant the toons + 30 speed than those who don't have them. I'm not saying they are easy to beat cause they are not, but they are infact beatable and they do not determine the outcome of the fight(as long as you have the best gear/omegas/mods/toons) that will help you get the win.

Those speed mods are endgame mods, so with any game..in order to compete your gonna have to try and get your squad with the best of everything. Now once you are equally geared/modded etc, if you can't win then there maybe a need to adjust mods or whatever. But for now as long as people like myself can beat squads with +30 speed then there isn't a need to nerf it.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Rex lead clone teams thank u guys....
    Yeah, keep stacking those speed mods, forgoing offense up primary and protection/health secondaries.

My clones aren't In speed
    5s :123
    Rex :150
    Sarge :145
    Echo 132

But the first crit I get hit with (almost always Rey) everyone goes to 100% TM and my team is next
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    You're saying you need the best mods. Speed mods are the best mods. I'm agreeing in that case.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

I have over 200 mods and I got 1 of those 30 speeds. If 1 character getting plus 30 determines your PVP outcome it is your team that needs work. Sorry but 1 character 1 stat does not determine it.

No more nerfing mods. People are spending on them still in the shipments and every time someone can't beat someone with them they come a crying for removal.

How about we make all equal and every fight is a draw? Come on +30 speed hardly "dictates the outcome"

+30 speed hardly makes anoyone crazy. Sure add it on Rey, Leia, GS, or add it to a slow character. I've had it on Phasma and 86 to boost them. Mods are intended to help be more relevant. +30 helps those in the 110-130 range become more viable.

@DarthMasterShawn

Actually, a single character's stats can in deed determine a PvP match. I have my JE up to 190 speed (using 1* speed mod). With his speed bonus he's at 230 allowing him to always go first. He then pops his special giving all my droids +45% TM up which means now they get to go before the opposing team despite having much lower speed (they'll go first before that 200+ speed Rey). HK and 88 can then use their AoE. With HK's omega'd leader ability you'll just about always get 2+ crits meaning they'll both get +100% TM again. Then, 86 uses his assist special and if he happens to pull HK or 88 into it and they crit (odds are really good on continues crits), it means one of them gets to go again. So my single JE can potentially add up to 6 very hard hitting attacks before the opposing team gets to take a single action.

This isn't entirely busted as evade leads can mess this up a lot and just general RNG, but it does allow my team to generally take out the opposing Rey before she does anything. And most teams without having their Rey take an action tend to fall apart fairly quickly.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Who buys the shipment mods?!

I Do, and so should you.
    It is the single most best way to get a "guaranteed" main stat potency "cross" mod

Stop moaning, start spending.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Geddre wrote: »
    Plus possible secondaries, which can add another 20+. I'm sorry, but anyone trying to justify a 60+ swing on speed and say that's not fundamentally game altering either doesn't understand the game, or wants to protect their farmed mods. :-P

Of course it's game altering. They are called mods after all. But, unlike before, it is not game breaking. You want to be just as fast (not that you need to, mind), then go get a speed set, with an arrow that has speed.

30 instead of 26 not a big deal, but oops. As for single-handedly deciding a match? That's excessive. And still, I disagree. The mods are basically fine as is, except for the credit cost and horrible drop rates.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Monobrow wrote: »

I Do, and so should you.
    It is the single most best way to get a "guaranteed" main stat potency "cross" mod

Granted but a really crappy 2 maybe 3 star one... Spend your crystals on energy and run mod challenges for a 5* mod that will matter and be much better

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

I Do, and so should you.

I do as well. Waaaayyyy better than playing the RNG game of getting the stat you want. I bought an E quality 1* slot 6 mod with Potency for 97 crystals. Fully leveled it provides +15% potency (took my Teebo up to 71.44%). I absolutely guarantee you'd spend way more than 97 crystals trying to farm this or any other mod in slot 2, 4, and 6 with a particular stat.

And yesterday, I bought a 1* A quality slot 2 mod with speed for 150k credits. Also an excellent purchase.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Other stats need to be buffed a little to promote more usage and diversity.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Geddre wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't agree about the set bonuses, has made them practically worthless, best you can add with max speed bonus set is +16.

I think the primary could move to another shape mod. Make you have to give ups something more important that accuracy or a small +5.88% offense boost.

And yet people are still opting for the speed set bonus over all others when they can get it at 3dot or more. Yeah, using 4 1dot speed mods might be sacrificing too much to get 10 to 16 speed... but those who have enough resistance characters leveled are farming the heck out of speed mods.

Put it this way... what would you want... 2200hp or 16 speed? If your answer is the hp, you probably shouldn't be part of the conversation.

The set bonus isn't fundamentally game altering by itself, but when combined with the primary and secondaries, it exacerbates it. If there was NO speed anywhere on mods except the set bonus, I could see it staying at 16. Personally I think it should be hard numbers... 5 and 10. But that's not my main concern. Speed as a primary should go away.

Nope. I don't want health gains, those max bonus sets are garbage also IMO. Personally I am working on potency, tenacity, and crit chance sets. Better to add 15% crit chance than at most +16 speed.

Crit chance, crit damage and potency are the way to go.

End of the day +30 is not huge. It can ensure your Rey or Leia will be first most always. Pop it on a 130 speed you are still only 160. It gives you options.

Regardless I'll take that crit chance and crit damage and potency. Accuracy is nice too. The arrows though one must choose carefully. They have many great primaries, but at the days end only 1 can go on each.
  • Options
    I run clones, I beat droid teams at lvl 20 arena rank without losing a character most rounds, sometimes echo... Everything still has a weakness, how available those weaknesses are is another point

Clones are the anti droid for sure.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Other stats need to be buffed a little to promote more usage and diversity.

Or the go-to stats lowered. I'd honestly think I'd rather see stats lowered than raised. We had high stats for two days. Things did not go well.
  • Options
    As a matter a fact yesterday in arena someone has these in OldBen allowing him to do his mind tricks before I could even have a turn. It was a challenging battle and kinda through me for a second, but once I was able to get my turn I quickly turned things in my favor allowing me to get the W.

It was fun fighting that team. It's not often the AI does something that surprise me and catches me off guard and yesterday it did. I'm glad mods can change the fight and throw things out of order for a change. It makes the arena battles less repetitive, more interesting and more of a challenge.

But you have to be geared for this stuff. If you are running teams in G8 and even G9 gear, the AI is gonna mop the floor with your squad. Not to mention, everyone now has a choice to either farm mods or farm shards. If you don't farm mods and get beat in arena or Gws, then it's nobodies fault but your own. So don't complain about mods if your team isn't ready to face fully modded teams. Go farm your mods to even out the playing field and quit demanding more nerfs cause you have a weak squad/setup/mods/gear or not using the correct abilities when it's your turn.

I agree. One of my guild mates had a lightning fast Rey. I went to hit him after payouts. To my surprise Ben went first. He popped speed on gramps and it started me at a big disadvantage. I still won the fight though.
  • Options

I used some of my arena winnings to buy an arrow that had speed primary. I thought the +19 was worth it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I run clones, I beat droid teams at lvl 20 arena rank without losing a character most rounds, sometimes echo... Everything still has a weakness, how available those weaknesses are is another point

I beat all the other team comps except droids with what i have. Don't have Echo or Rex. JE+B2 is simply broken. And the person that farms them in my shard has stacked offense on B2. Awesome.
  • Options

You're right Shawn, but some people have gotten lucky with their mods and there are other mods with secondary speed stats of 15+. I'll try and get a picture of this one guy and his ST Han with 202 speed. His Han goes first, kills TM, Rey nukes somebody, Old Ben goes and locks you out for 2 turns because even my 198 speed Rex cannot go before Old Ben because of ST Han. I'm okay with the Mods, if the secondary stats weren't so completely random and it would be better if they were straight %'s instead of integer values.

No need for pics I've faced that han in arena. It hurts, but you can beat it. I was able to. Yes I have 2 of the 15 subs several 9's and 7's.

I agree on the secondary 100%
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    You're saying you need the best mods. Speed mods are the best mods. I'm agreeing in that case.

Of course your gonna want to use the best mods. Why wouldn't you? I don't have those +30 speed mods, I have a couple that are +17. But my others were some that came from the T7 raid that were downgraded and I have tons of others that were from challenges before they reduced to drop rate I use those. And even thought I don't have the +30 speed ones I am still able to beat squads that do have the +30 speed. That is all I'm saying, they are beatable and there really isn't a need to remove or nerf them.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    @Geddre

Are you the Geddre on my shard? If so, I apologize for my 225 speed Rey :)
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

@DarthMasterShawn

Actually, a single character's stats can in deed determine a PvP match. I have my JE up to 190 speed (using 1* speed mod). With his speed bonus he's at 230 allowing him to always go first. He then pops his special giving all my droids +45% TM up which means now they get to go before the opposing team despite having much lower speed (they'll go first before that 200+ speed Rey). HK and 88 can then use their AoE. With HK's omega'd leader ability you'll just about always get 2+ crits meaning they'll both get +100% TM again. Then, 86 uses his assist special and if he happens to pull HK or 88 into it and they crit (odds are really good on continues crits), it means one of them gets to go again. So my single JE can potentially add up to 6 very hard hitting attacks before the opposing team gets to take a single action.

This isn't entirely busted as evade leads can mess this up a lot and just general RNG, but it does allow my team to generally take out the opposing Rey before she does anything. And most teams without having their Rey take an action tend to fall apart fairly quickly.

To each their own. I've faced a super fast JE build. I beat it. Again 1 stat does not determine PVP.

I run droids in GW mate I know all about how they can wreck on offense. When I attack them I wreck them, regardless of JE speed thus far.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I Do, and so should you.

Granted but a really **** 2 maybe 3 star one... Spend your crystals on energy and run mod challenges for a 5* mod that will matter and be much better

@Durrun

You're better off buying a lotto ticket, winning, and buying EA. The challenges are terrible when looking for a particular slot with a particular stat.

You need to spend 16 energy for an attempt. The drop rate is below 50% so odds are better you walking way with nothing than something. Then you have to play the RNG of getting 3 or 4 star mod before you can get the 5 star. Then you get to play the RNG of getting the exact slot you need (so slot 2, 4, or 6). Then you get to play the RNG of getting the exact stat you need in the slot you just got.

Higher star mods are obviously much better in what they offer, but if you're looking to actually properly gear up your guys for maximum effectiveness sometime this year, you're way better off buying what you need outright from the shop then playing this terrible, terrible, terrible, RNG game the devs have patched.

A 1* mod with the primary stat you want is way better than a 5* mod with a stat you can't use.

I'd only suggest running challenges to get an assortment of random 5* mods until you get your slot 1, 3, and 5 filled (these have fixed primary stats). Once your done here and are looking for a particular stat for the other slots, just buy them outright even if they're 1*. You'll actually progress a lot faster this way.