Just remove speed as primary mod stat

1235Next

Replies

• Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    Options
    Geddre wrote: »
    This is a have-and-have-not issue. Time fixes this. Like all the younger accounts that hit the forums to say "OMG, Rey is OP" because they don't have her yet....then they play long enough to get her and they're all using her, and their tone changes. There's just enough whales that got ahead quick, that the have-nots really feeling it right now. We can all get those mods, just gotta keep farming.

Oh my holy God... for the 4th time, the fact that your "fix" is "You just have to wait to get it too." is EXACTLY the point. It's not an optional upgrade if everyone who has it uses it over any other possible option in that slot.

Except that it is completely optional.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I do not believe speed mods break the game, but "remove them because I just got whooped by a team that used them and I can't beat them today" does not mean that removing a good element from the game is the answer. It's waaaaay too early to be saying which mod stats if any are 'breaking' the game.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I do not believe speed mods break the game, but "remove them because I just got whooped by a team that used them and I can't beat them today" does not mean that removing a good element from the game is the answer. It's waaaaay too early to be saying which mod stats if any are 'breaking' the game.

Not at all. I don't think any particular Mod (in the current state) is OP. However I do think that CG needs to figure out if they want to express the Mod's values as a % or an integer and stick to one or the other only. It's seems rather stupid that I can give one of my characters more speed via HP mods with Speed values expressed as integers rather than having actual Speed mods with the set bonuses. And you can do similar things with other stats as well. I think that needs to be fixed in my opinion. A speed mod should give speed and an HP mod give HP. An HP Mod should not be better at giving speed than a Speed mod does. LOL

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Post edited by Darth_Jay77 on
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    This is a have-and-have-not issue. Time fixes this. Like all the younger accounts that hit the forums to say "OMG, Rey is OP" because they don't have her yet....then they play long enough to get her and they're all using her, and their tone changes. There's just enough whales that got ahead quick, that the have-nots really feeling it right now. We can all get those mods, just gotta keep farming.

Oh my holy God... for the 4th time, the fact that your "fix" is "You just have to wait to get it too." is EXACTLY the point. It's not an optional upgrade if everyone who has it uses it over any other possible option in that slot.

For arguments sake, let's say this game didn't have any mods. Let's say instead of mods last week they added a new tier of gear instead. Most gamers would start to grind that new gear so there would be a closer balance between the 2 teams. It's like this in almost every online game and the gear always takes time to get. Now forget the imaginary gear and remember now that mods are in the game. It's the exact same principle. It's not that "you have to get one to beat one" fix, it's just the way damage,speed,healing etc is designed in games like this.

The OP is reading too much into these speed mods being overpowered. I don't even have any +30 speed mods, I have a ton of other stuff and I can still beat any team with +30 speed mods. And so what, if those mods even are overpowered, so freaking what? In most mmorpgs the rarest gear always is stronger than other gear. That is normal in games and it's nothing new. Maybe people on these forums that play Swgoh haven't played other games that do this. Maybe this is all new to them. But it isn't, this is something that always was in online games. Some toons work better than others and some gear is better than other and some mods are just gonna be better than others. So haters are just gonna have to deal with it cause this is the way it is.

My motto: You're either a Pro or a noob" , that's life.
  • Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Not at all. I don't think any particular Mod (in the current state) is OP. However I do think that CG needs to figure out if they want to express the Mod's values as a % or an integer and stick to one or the other only. It's seems rather **** that I can give one of my characters more speed via HP mods with Speed values expressed as integers rather than having actual Speed mods with the set bonuses. And you can do similar things with other stats as well. I think that needs to be fixed in my opinion. A speed mod should give speed and an HP mod give HP. An HP Mod should not be better at giving speed than a Speed mod does. LOL

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Let the f2p have a chance yo! If they want speed let them have it please.
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm fine with it. Bring it. When I get speed primary on the arrow point, i'm jumping with joy.

It's nice to have joy.

Nerf is one thing but adjusting is another, if its adjusted, fine. But nerf I say no.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Were you against the initial mod nerf as well because it was way too early to say they broke the game?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I was against it at first, because it's easy for people to complain right after all the stuff they guid up gets affected by new content.

Once we had some whales max it out and confirm some stats, it was clear the percentages were way off. That's been nerfed, pretty hard core. Seem far more reasonable now, it's just an arms race at this point. Those with money will get ahead of those without. But this isn't news (or shouldn't be).

Again, I think this thread's title can be responded to by saying "no" with many good reasons. Because so far the only reason is: it's hard to beat those who have it. Which is not even a good reason, making the 'solution' to "remove it" even less good of an idea.

Cat scratches. Stings at first, but it heals. Get your mods on!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options

Who got whooped by a team? Maybe that's your motivation for deciding good versus bad, but it wasn't mine. As you've prooven from your first post, and now your second, you're apparently the King of the Twitter generation that can't be bothered to read. I said very clearly, more than once, why I think the speed stat on mods needs to be debuffed - the very mods I myself use and agree should be taken away. I'm not repeating myself yet again. If you can't be bothered to read into the discussion, perhaps avoid attempting to participate.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    I was against it at first, because it's easy for people to complain right after all the stuff they guid up gets affected by new content.

Once we had some whales max it out and confirm some stats, it was clear the percentages were way off. That's been nerfed, pretty hard core. Seem far more reasonable now, it's just an arms race at this point. Those with money will get ahead of those without. But this isn't news (or shouldn't be).

Again, I think this thread's title can be responded to by saying "no" with many good reasons. Because so far the only reason is: it's hard to beat those who have it. Which is not even a good reason, making the 'solution' to "remove it" even less good of an idea.

So just to be clear, these mods, which were literally designed and tested for TWO ENTIRE DAYS following one of the greatest blunders in the game's short history, are perfect and not subject to critique now???

These mods are TREMENDOUSLY out of balance and poorly thought out. It is not just an arms race at this point. From the minute they rushed out Mods 2.0, they have been highly open to criticism. They still are. The massively excessive speed values the whiners are so desperate to protect are only one of MANY changes needed.
  • Options
    Synfreak wrote: »

Not at all. I don't think any particular Mod (in the current state) is OP. However I do think that CG needs to figure out if they want to express the Mod's values as a % or an integer and stick to one or the other only. It's seems rather **** that I can give one of my characters more speed via HP mods with Speed values expressed as integers rather than having actual Speed mods with the set bonuses. And you can do similar things with other stats as well. I think that needs to be fixed in my opinion. A speed mod should give speed and an HP mod give HP. An HP Mod should not be better at giving speed than a Speed mod does. LOL

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

What does my comment having anything to do with F2P? I don't have anything against F2P or Whales and I'm not sure how my comment affects one or the other. My comment was geared towards a need, in my opinion at least, for CG to better manage how the mods work and award stats.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

So having lots of high impact mods is less balanced than having only one high impact mod and a bunch of underwhelming ones? How on earth is the "get your mods on!" response valid for the current situation, but not the previous one? Before, you could just get mods on. They were all good. Now, it's grind for speed and cross your fingers that you get more than one every 18 days, because its way better than the rest. Your argument works far better for old mods than the new ones.
  • Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    Options

@CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

What does my comment having anything to do with F2P? I don't have anything against F2P or Whales and I'm not sure how my comment affects one or the other. My comment was geared towards a need, in my opinion at least, for CG to better manage how the mods work and award stats.

Completing the speed challenge or any other challenge than the first two is not easy for everybody, all i am saying.
  • Options

Except that it is completely optional.

Its really not optional at endgame after the nerf. Speed is just better than anything else (with very few exceptions)

Speed was ok pre-nerf.

• ATSpain
    152 posts Member
    Options
    It won't happen because the devs are too proud but I agree! If you have a GS fully missed on speed he gets around 250 speed plus his TM up 50% on cross which come regularly. Basically he hits hard, technically has a speed of 500 and never had to wait anymore.