• DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Disagree. It's only available on arrows, maxes out at 26, and the set bonus is practically worthless, maxing out at 16.

Maxes out at thirty, and almost single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now. It's terrible for the game.

The only way speed should be a primary stat is as an inverse proportion. Gives 50 speed, minus 25% of the characters base speed. Solved.

Saying it single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now is an exaggeration. Yesterday in arena I faced a Rex(L), Rey, Qgj, Rg and Sth and all of them had the +30 speed receivers. I was still able to beat them. I run a Dooku(L), Qgj, Rey, Yoda & Daka all in tier 10 gear. Yes it was a challenge and yes they are beatable. When fighting teams like this you need to have the best gear you can have. You need to have multiple omegas on the best and most helpful abilities. You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using. If you're not doing all these things then yeah you are gonna lose.

The speed mod is the best mod. You are contradicting yourself. And yes, you can beat a lower geared team with speed mods here and there, but they can also destroy you on offense, which wasn't easy before. One mod slot is more important than a gear level in my experience, while the rest of them are just meh.

@DarthMasterShawn I'm talking about having 3+ speed primary mods on a team. One doesn't determine the outcome, of course not. The fact remains that it is by a huge margin the most powerful mod, and whether you can get it or not a down to a tiny RNG percentage. Having the entire team go before your team is a gigantic disadvantage in arena, not to mention taking more turns if the round goes long enough, or they're running stuns.

If they wanted to buff the rest of the mods to be as powerful as speed, I would be all for that. But something needs to give.

So they have 3 that move before you can. So? Droid teams did this before mods. If I ran QGJ lead with yoda Rey, Leia, Ani most my team would go first.

Again if speed is an issue for you change your approach, or avoid the team. Crying nerf when it was already nerfed is just plain silly, I'm sorry it is.

I will add that before Mods I was pretty much always, by a good bit, the fastest team on shard. Now I'm one of the slower due to speed mods. I've had to adjust my approach and comp and mods to adapt to that change. I chose to adapt myself rather than asking for a nerf to make it easier.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Durrun wrote: »
    I run clones, I beat droid teams at lvl 20 arena rank without losing a character most rounds, sometimes echo... Everything still has a weakness, how available those weaknesses are is another point

I beat all the other team comps except droids with what i have. Don't have Echo or Rex. JE+B2 is simply broken. And the person that farms them in my shard has stacked offense on B2. Awesome.

B2 is Annoying for sure but I'll often ignore him till ig88 is down... Ya he gets 2 or 3 attacks but 88 is a much bigger threat, also if you run clones without Rex or Echo you might be better off without clones except 5s... Clone sarge is one of my favorite toons and killer on the rancor but unless you mod him for crit chance or run him with leia you're missing out on lots of his crit synergy and might be better with running Geo Soldier in his place

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Disagree. It's only available on arrows, maxes out at 26, and the set bonus is practically worthless, maxing out at 16.

Maxes out at thirty, and almost single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now. It's terrible for the game.

The only way speed should be a primary stat is as an inverse proportion. Gives 50 speed, minus 25% of the characters base speed. Solved.

Saying it single handedly determines the outcome of arena matches now is an exaggeration. Yesterday in arena I faced a Rex(L), Rey, Qgj, Rg and Sth and all of them had the +30 speed receivers. I was still able to beat them. I run a Dooku(L), Qgj, Rey, Yoda & Daka all in tier 10 gear. Yes it was a challenge and yes they are beatable. When fighting teams like this you need to have the best gear you can have. You need to have multiple omegas on the best and most helpful abilities. You need to have the best mods put in he correct order to get the most out of the squad you are using. If you're not doing all these things then yeah you are gonna lose.

The speed mod is the best mod. You are contradicting yourself. And yes, you can beat a lower geared team with speed mods here and there, but they can also destroy you on offense, which wasn't easy before. One mod slot is more important than a gear level in my experience, while the rest of them are just meh.

@DarthMasterShawn I'm talking about having 3+ speed primary mods on a team. One doesn't determine the outcome, of course not. The fact remains that it is by a huge margin the most powerful mod, and whether you can get it or not a down to a tiny RNG percentage. Having the entire team go before your team is a gigantic disadvantage in arena, not to mention taking more turns if the round goes long enough, or they're running stuns.

If they wanted to buff the rest of the mods to be as powerful as speed, I would be all for that. But something needs to give.

So they have 3 that move before you can. So? Droid teams did this before mods. If I ran QGJ lead with yoda Rey, Leia, Ani most my team would go first.

Again if speed is an issue for you change your approach, or avoid the team. Crying nerf when it was already nerfed is just plain silly, I'm sorry it is.

Droid teams have changed a lot since then with Omega and JE. Before, some might go first and they'd get a few actions. Now they will go first, get a crit boost, and take extra turns because of HK omega. It's a much different situation now.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You need to spend 16 energy for an attempt. The drop rate is below 50% so odds are better you walking way with nothing than something. Then you have to play the RNG of getting 3 or 4 star mod before you can get the 5 star. Then you get to play the RNG of getting the exact slot you need (so slot 2, 4, or 6). Then you get to play the RNG of getting the exact stat you need in the slot you just got.
    But...
    Cantina energy is free. Where I'm at in the game, anyway, credits are more valuable than cantina shards. I could care less about farming more toon shards, for the moment.

So I play the Mod Challenge lottery 4 or 5 times a day. Because if I don't get the right mod? I didn't have enough credtis to level one, yet, anyway.... AND I still have 20 toons waiting for any kind of mod.

If I buy a crap mod for crystals? That's crystals that could have been raid gear or credits.

it depends on where you are at in the game, I guess.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    I run clones, I beat droid teams at lvl 20 arena rank without losing a character most rounds, sometimes echo... Everything still has a weakness, how available those weaknesses are is another point

I beat all the other team comps except droids with what i have. Don't have Echo or Rex. JE+B2 is simply broken. And the person that farms them in my shard has stacked offense on B2. Awesome.

B2 is Annoying for sure but I'll often ignore him till ig88 is down... Ya he gets 2 or 3 attacks but 88 is a much bigger threat, also if you run clones without Rex or Echo you might be better off without clones except 5s... Clone sarge is one of my favorite toons and killer on the rancor but unless you mod him for crit chance or run him with leia you're missing out on lots of his crit synergy and might be better with running Geo Soldier in his place

I loaded Crit damage and offense on my B2 and he wrecks it. He though can be ignored still. The Igs are always the primary threats on droid builds.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Droid teams have changed a lot since then with Omega and JE. Before, some might go first and they'd get a few actions. Now they will go first, get a crit boost, and take extra turns because of HK omega. It's a much different situation now.

Yes I know, as I said I run droids mate and mine are all omega I've been 80 for a very long time most my toys are omega,lol. If you re-read my point was to him that the 3 in the comp with speed primaries going first because they are so fast is not new, BECAUSE droids were doing this before mods(JE HK omega) I get it you consider yourself a droid expert man, but by god I was supporting your comment about their speed and you chose to tag me again to correct me for saying what you said,lol. Dude I know JE Droids with HK omega lead are the speed team out there. I've faced and run it.

Cheers
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @Yudoka
    You are correct and the shipments are ok occasionally but **** when you get a good potency mod it's worth it lol

[img][/img]image_zps2trtqudk.png

[img][/img]image_zpsxrpkcjzb.png
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    You need to spend 16 energy for an attempt. The drop rate is below 50% so odds are better you walking way with nothing than something. Then you have to play the RNG of getting 3 or 4 star mod before you can get the 5 star. Then you get to play the RNG of getting the exact slot you need (so slot 2, 4, or 6). Then you get to play the RNG of getting the exact stat you need in the slot you just got.
    But...
    Cantina energy is free. Where I'm at in the game, anyway, credits are more valuable than cantina shards. I could care less about farming more toon shards, for the moment.

So I play the Mod Challenge lottery 4 or 5 times a day. Because if I don't get the right mod? I didn't have enough credtis to level one, yet, anyway.... AND I still have 20 toons waiting for any kind of mod.

If I buy a **** mod for crystals? That's crystals that could have been raid gear or credits.

it depends on where you are at in the game, I guess.

That's totally fair. If you don't need any more cantina battle or shop toons, not much reason to not use your energy on the mod lottery. However, you're still better off making an initial purchase at the shop for the correct stat just to get your guys there and then continuing trying to get luck for more. For example, I bought a 1* Potency mod for slot 6 for my Teebo. Fully leveled (about 25k credits), it gave him a bonus of +15% potency, taking him to 71.44%. He now performs a lot better in the raid, netting me higher damage and payout at the end. That +15% potency purchase resulted in much more payback over time then anything else that might have been in the slot.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    @Yudoka
    You are correct and the shipments are ok occasionally but **** when you get a good potency mod it's worth it lol

[img][/img]image_zps2trtqudk.png

[img][/img]image_zpsxrpkcjzb.png

Oh for sure! My 1* potency mod gives me +15%, so you can get an additional 9% with a 5*. But until you can land that 5* one, the basic one is well worth the 97 crystals and 25k credits I spent to buy and level it.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed I retract my previous statement and correct it to "who buys mods in shipments often for all stats"

I think it's the secondaries that are the more worth it on the 5s anyway so the base 9% difference isn't a biggie but for an arena toon it's much better to try for 5* eventually
  • Options
    It's not so much the fact that +30 speed is such a game breaking change, it's the fact that a full team with +30 speed (minimum) is a problem unless you have the same, especially when you put these mods on characters that are already a hot topic for nerf debates (rey for example). It's because these mods that may look like they give you the chance to make mediocre characters viable in a competitive arena, are the same mods being applied to already top tier characters pushing them even further ahead, leaving behind your mediocre toons exactly where they were before... There's no such thing as "balance" when it comes to mods because there are zero limitations on who can use them, how does no one realise that?!?

Yea they may have added an extra layer of customisation but we are already starting to see the 'meta' setup to go with and the maximum % that the mods can give isn't quite enough to give a 'borderline' character that push to be able to compete with the more popular meta choice.

The only primary stats that make a rather noticeable difference at the moment are potency (24%) speed (+30) and protection on tanks (23.5%)
  • Options
    Agreed I retract my previous statement and correct it to "who buys mods in shipments often for all stats"

I think it's the secondaries that are the more worth it on the 5s anyway so the base 9% difference isn't a biggie but for an arena toon it's much better to try for 5* eventually

Rare to see someone admit when they are wrong. Kudos to you sir.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Speed was not the problem when we had the other mods stats pre-nerf. Speed was fine pre-nerf.

I often think people enjoy the status quo.. I really don't get it.

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know why it's such a huge deal, before mods a gear 11 was better than a gear 9, it's just another (admittedly larger) difference between characters and your farm level... It's just a big concern now cause it's ; new, larger, big increases, and expensive.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    While trying to get a mod... any mod... on every slot on my A team, I ended up with a 5 dot potency and a 3 and 4 dot speed mod. Then I sorted out all the mods with speed secondary, and gave those to the appropriate toon to stack up the speed.

Until you have all your slots filled, and you STILL need that specific mod that didn't drop, you may be jumping the gun to buy a 2-3 dot mod in the mod shop for crystal. Because you need those specific mods.. but you probably have a lot of other toons that need the common ones. So if you have cantina energy to burn, start scratching tickets, first. then see what holes are left when ur done.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't know why it's such a huge deal, before mods a gear 11 was better than a gear 9, it's just another (admittedly larger) difference between characters and your farm level... It's just a big concern now cause it's ; new, larger, big increases, and expensive.

Mods represent less than a Star Level and Gear Level.

• Options
    Learn to have mods benefit your team....they're really incredible if you use them correctly.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    On a gear 8 or 9 toon, maybe. On a gear 10/11 toons, one set of maxed 5 dotters > a gear level, IMO. The health and protection gain you can get is quite remarkable, even when adding other effects like speed and potency and crit damage.

Since a lot of the benefit is by percentage, lower gear toons won't get the insane protection increases, in particular. Protection is all by gear level, and before 7, you have NONE. by the time you get 4 or 5 gear levels of protection, adding 24% more is a heck of a lot.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    On a gear 8 or 9 toon, maybe. On a gear 10/11 toons, one set of maxed 5 dotters > a gear level, IMO. The health and protection gain you can get is quite remarkable, even when adding other effects like speed and potency and crit damage.

Since a lot of the benefit is by percentage, lower gear toons won't get the insane protection increases, in particular. Protection is all by gear level, and before 7, you have NONE. by the time you get 4 or 5 gear levels of protection, adding 24% more is a heck of a lot.

Yes, at max gear level, its Gear Level 12. Higher Gear level/Star Level = Higher mod value.

It was always like this, even when people complained that it made gear obsolete.

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I will add that before Mods I was pretty much always, by a good bit, the fastest team on shard. Now I'm one of the slower due to speed mods. I've had to adjust my approach and comp and mods to adapt to that change. I chose to adapt myself rather than asking for a nerf to make it easier.

The issue is that mods were nerfed unequally. Most of the received 75-90% nerfs. Speed was only dropped by 50%. There was absolutely no reason for this. I'd prefer the rest of them to be brought back up to 50% of their former effectiveness. There shouldn't be a handful of mods that are leagues ahead of all the others.

And yes, most of that team would go first. But you don't have an evasion/RNG lead. There's a tradeoff there. There's very little tradeoff for speed, you either have it, or you have a subpar character.

It would also work itself out if they simply removed the other stats from the arrow mod and made Speed the only possible stat, to make it more available. They can move the other stats to the Diamond or square and everyone would be happier.
  • Options
    They need to tweak the other mods up to compare and tweak the speed down to a 20 on the one mod... something to that effect anyways. Minor tweaks to balance in this game happening more often, and no character under 120 base speed since they have 0 viability for the most part.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    @Geddre

Are you the Geddre on my shard? If so, I apologize for my 225 speed Rey :)

Lol, yeah. I'd probably be frustrated by your team, but I haven't even been in top 10 since the initial mod release, so haven't had a chance to see it in action. I did not stock up like I should have those first couple days and am now a 20 to 40 place finisher it seems.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    It's not so much the fact that +30 speed is such a game breaking change, it's the fact that a full team with +30 speed (minimum) is a problem unless you have the same, especially when you put these mods on characters that are already a hot topic for nerf debates (rey for example). It's because these mods that may look like they give you the chance to make mediocre characters viable in a competitive arena, are the same mods being applied to already top tier characters pushing them even further ahead, leaving behind your mediocre toons exactly where they were before... There's no such thing as "balance" when it comes to mods because there are zero limitations on who can use them, how does no one realise that?!?

Yea they may have added an extra layer of customisation but we are already starting to see the 'meta' setup to go with and the maximum % that the mods can give isn't quite enough to give a 'borderline' character that push to be able to compete with the more popular meta choice.

The only primary stats that make a rather noticeable difference at the moment are potency (24%) speed (+30) and protection on tanks (23.5%)

I beat a team yesterday with all +30 speed receivers. They were Old Ben(L), Rey, Rg, Sth and Qgj. The only thing speed did was allowed them to go before me. Once I landed my stuns, killed Rey, removed taunts, and got my offense up, it was all down hill from there. Speed didn't help them. I'm a strong believer in once you get max gear, omega abilities and actually understand the games fundamentals then all that's left to do is to execute your plan to secure the W.

Unless toons can one shot your team like back in the days of Poe/droid teams..then speed isn't really that big of a deal like people are making out to be.
  • Options

I beat a team yesterday with all +30 speed receivers. They were Old Ben(L), Rey, Rg, Sth and Qgj. The only thing speed did was allowed them to go before me. Once I landed my stuns, killed Rey, removed taunts, and got my offense up, it was all down hill from there. Speed didn't help them. I'm a strong believer in once you get max gear, omega abilities and actually understand the games fundamentals then all that's left to do is to execute your plan to secure the W.

Unless toons can one shot your team like back in the days of Poe/droid teams..then speed isn't really that big of a deal like people are making out to be.

This. Plus you can go get your own speed mods for every toon, which puts the speed rankings where it was before mods. There are legitimate problems in this game, but this isn't one of them.
  • HunterMuncherPuncher
    177 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    36% Crit Damage mods on Droids with Jawa Engineer is more devastating than a +30 speed mod on Leia/Rey who are already fast in the first place pre mod update.

Wait for OP to be plagued with Droid Team and I bet he would be posting another thread QQ.
    829-416-931
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

This. Plus you can go get your own speed mods for every toon, which puts the speed rankings where it was before mods. There are legitimate problems in this game, but this isn't one of them.

Getting your own speed mods is insanely RNG dependent, more so than anything else the game has seen. That is the root of the issue. And please, some of you must realize that there are a lot of people who play this game who are not at Max gear and fully omega'd. You can't ignore the balance of the game for 99% of the players.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

Getting your own speed mods is insanely RNG dependent, more so than anything else the game has seen. That is the root of the issue. And please, some of you must realize that there are a lot of people who play this game who are not at Max gear and fully omega'd. You can't ignore the balance of the game for 99% of the players.

Ok, so what is the real problem here? The people who are not fully maxed in gear and omegas? Or is it the speed mods? Cause if your're squad is not in maxed gear, omegas and speed mods and you're fighting maxed toons with omegas and speed mods is it really necessary to want speed mods nerfed? Wouldn't it be better for those players to get maxed gear/omegas and the mods of your choice so the playing field would be more even? Why nerf something when all that needs to be done is spending time on your squad to get them better? That can be said about anything on this game. For example, people want certain toons nerfed, when all the while it's not the toon that's over powered, it's their squad that's undergeared.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Who buys the shipment mods?!

i got 1 that was a potency mod with potency on it so with that mod and a circle or diamond a unit gets 24% potency good deal imo (it cost me 93 crystals) makes fives land slow on rancor in heroic from time to time)
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    36% Crit Damage mods on Droids with Jawa Engineer is more devastating than a +30 speed mod on Leia/Rey who are already fast in the first place pre mod update.

Wait for OP to be plagued with Droid Team and I bet he would be posting another thread QQ.

I love little clowns like you. Anyone with constructive criticism that isn't in line with your tiny brain's low level of comprehension is "qq". JE droid team is a first turn gimmick that either pays huge or is a nesr certain loss if it doesn't. So... no. Crawl back under your bridge.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Ok, so what is the real problem here? The people who are not fully maxed in gear and omegas? Or is it the speed mods? Cause if your're squad is not in maxed gear, omegas and speed mods and you're fighting maxed toons with omegas and speed mods is it really necessary to want speed mods nerfed? Wouldn't it be better for those players to get maxed gear/omegas and the mods of your choice so the playing field would be more even? Why nerf something when all that needs to be done is spending time on your squad to get them better? That can be said about anything on this game. For example, people want certain toons nerfed, when all the while it's not the toon that's over powered, it's their squad that's undergeared.

Are you seriously pretending that you can only get speed mods once you have your character at max gear and full omegas?