Character Strategy- CC-2224 “Cody”

14567810Next

Replies

• Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    Lol cmon.....Clone sarge is the only one that doesn't heal the opponent when attacking? Watching Cody's 212th in slow mo is hilarious. Every single hit from a clone heals the enemy for double the damage the clone actually did - except Sarge.

Every single 212th healed vader to full lol.

So that was with me running full crit chance and damage mods on them, I wanted to see if it was possible. Would have stopped if I had hit the 15 minute mark or if my clones were getting killed off by the dots. I would have then tried offense mods with as little crit chance as possible on them.
  • Options
    Mcmole wrote: »
    Lol cmon.....Clone sarge is the only one that doesn't heal the opponent when attacking? Watching Cody's 212th in slow mo is hilarious. Every single hit from a clone heals the enemy for double the damage the clone actually did - except Sarge.

So that was with me running full crit chance and damage mods on them, I wanted to see if it was possible. Would have stopped if I had hit the 15 minute mark or if my clones were getting killed off by the dots. I would have then tried offense mods with as little crit chance as possible on them.

your 5s special seems underpowered. I can hit for 14-15K with his special. When he calls on CS that combo deals a wallop.
  • Mcmole
    157 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    chezhead wrote: »
    Mcmole wrote: »

your 5s special seems underpowered. I can hit for 14-15K with his special. When he calls on CS that combo deals a wallop.

That's may be because I wasn't running crit dmg mods on him,I thought I was, but it was still potency on him, which is something I'm working on rectifying. I managed 2.5m today with them and with zetas on both characters. The last couple of topples went really badly, as all the clones forgot how to crit, so cody lost out on a few 212th attacks in each topple.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBiEkSWfVQQ

Here's the video of the hAAT attempt today.
  • Options
    And further down the list the once grand clone army goes....
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    They are just worse versions of other characters for the time being.

Echo: Has the longest AOE dispel cooldown in the game AND does not have any built in way to get turns faster to help the cooldown - the ability also does nothing else. Baze gains TM whenever enemies gain buffs, has a shorter cooldown, has a conditional assist, has a damage bonus clause, and has a backup single target dispel just in case. B2 has a shorter cooldown, can cycle through turns incredibly fast with his passive, AND applies a debuff on use. Even Assaj has a shorter cooldown, heals herself, removes TM, and has built in TM gains as well.

Cody: Has the highest damage penalty in the game on his 212th. Kenobi calls all 5, ANY faction allies to assist with a 30% penalty to damage while Cody ONLY calls clones +1 with a 40% penalty to damage.

It is gross attacking a zeta maul team or a team with kenobi using Cody. Attacking a zeta maul team or a team with kenobi using Cody is depressing. Just due to the way kenobi and maul's crit immunity triggers work it guarantees Cody's 212th is put on the full cooldown every time. I really sort of feel like it shouldn't take effect mid animation. It should operate more like "if this character was crit this turn, do X", sort of like tie pilot's foresight clause.

Other teams have ability block, dots, daze, stun, shock, buff immunity, heal immunity, deathmark, stagger, etc all one squad. Others have several stacks of heal over time, tenacity up, free retribution, crit immunity, auto taunts, free foresight, team wide crit and offense buffs, etc on one team. Clones only have have tenacity up, and sarge gains offense up now and then. Teams do SO much right now. Clones just want to "pew pew" - with comparatively small numbers at that.

Cody's zeta is great in marathons like the raids or GW, but a tiny bit of protection regen doesn't do anything in a 5 minute match where you're getting pounded for 10's of thousands a turn.

Mind you, this isn't a complaint about other zetas or other squads. I'm working on joining them because empire and sith are an absolute blast right now in my opinion haha. That said, when you have the option to apply 8 different debuffs, gain tm, dispel on command, auto taunt for days, be immune to all sorts of things, and still hit for large numbers - what reason in the world are you left with to play clones - hitting the "auto attack" button for 3-4 minutes straight just isn't very exciting lol.
  • Options
    Rex is still the best lead amongst the leaders of clones. Unfortunately clones don't have enough life or defense to stand with the new Zeta leaders. I see the clones as a after thought which sticks because I've invested a lot of upgrades in them.
  • Options
    Rex is still the best lead amongst the leaders of clones. Unfortunately clones don't have enough life or defense to stand with the new Zeta leaders. I see the clones as a after thought which sticks because I've invested a lot of upgrades in them.

Yeah in PVP the Clones have nothing to offer us aside from Rex. They're just a PVE only squad at this point.
  • Options
    I'm not even sure if it's life/defense they need in particular. They just need to do more as a squad. When you load into a battle with clones, it literally doesn't matter who your opponents are. It does not matter if it's rebels, empire, sith, etc. They only have access to one battle plan, and that is "attack target". And 9 times out of 10 that target ends up being a taunting tank that you can't dispel.

When I load in with empire i have to make choices of who and when to stun, priorities for shock debuff, ability block priorities, which dispel to use when, etc. It matters a lot what is on the other side and there are a lot of strategy decisions to make at any point during the battle.

This is the case with any major team composition right now. The teams have options, varying routes to victory, adaptability, and utility.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Hi there,

First of all, i'd like to say i'm sorry for my english... It seems i'm french so I can just hope you'll understand my question.

I was wondering about the Mods i could use with a Clone team lead by Cody. I was guessing he need either extra vitality or extra protection but what with ? I've heard a lot about critical damage and protection clones team and I'm sure it's a very good strategy considering all the critical possibilities but is that all ?

Shouldn't I consider extra speed for all of them ?

Moreover, for the moment i only have Cody, Fives and CS so i'm quite not sure about the characters to complete this first team ? Luminara ? AA ?

Thanks guys !
  • Options
    We need more health for cody
  • Options
    More than anything I think all instances of the word "Clone" in his ability text needs to be replaced with "Galactic Republic". His leader ability needs to affect galactic republic, his 212th attack needs to call all galactic republic members + 1 non, etc. In his current form he is only playable in a team with 4+ clones. Since the clones lack every single tactical game mechanic in the game - you're screwed from the start when it comes to arena. Playing any clone that isn't rex is the worst thing you can be doing currently. You need to be able to play him on a diverse team (mix of clones, jedi, etc) so at least you can pull a taunt onto the team, a cleanse, a useful dispel, some useful debuffs/buffs, etc. clones dont have any of these in any meaningful capacity - other factions do.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Shadeslayer7
    355 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    "The clones are a valid team throughout the game"
    Except that 3 of these 5 are under a pay wall impossible to breach for 99% of the playerbase.

Except I have all of them at 6 starts and I'm F2P so that is very not true