Community\Game Update 8/17/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• DrGreenlungs_420
    38 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I wish you could lvl up your characters with crystals also. There's just not enough currency given in the regular and hard battles. It takes forever to gather enough to lvl and promote. I don't have a problem with how much it costs to do it it's just that there isn't enough currency given away in the regular and hard missions. Also thanks for the changes in the update.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »

Generally, we say it is tomorrow after 12pm, does it make any sense if someone refers tomorrow as more than 24 hours from a given time?

kremlinoligically speaking, it makes perfect sense.

it's like RG's "one" round taunt.
  • Options
    Yes, it is exactly the same. So you need 5 5* rebels to unlock him. 5 7* rebels to max him.
    Source?
  • Options
    Yes, it is exactly the same. So you need 5 5* rebels to unlock him. 5 7* rebels to max him.
    Source?

Here...
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/emperors-demise/
  • Options
    Source?

Here...

"SWGOH.GG is not affiliated with EA, EA Capital Games, Disney or Lucasfilm LTD. "

Official source?
  • Options
    For some reason mine still shows the refresh at 100 gems. Don't know if this is a bug or something.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I wish you could lvl up your characters with crystals also. There's just not enough currency given in the regular and hard battles. It takes forever to gather enough to lvl and promote. I don't have a problem with how much it costs to do it it's just that there isn't enough currency given away in the regular and hard missions. Also thanks for the changes in the update.

You can. Use crystals to purchase the credit data cards
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    6 Pages and no complaints. None from me. Finally a good update.

I will say that it's semi counter productive to have to farm rebels to unlock a guy that you have to farm empire/sith then to use. The rebel guys don't want emperor, then want Luke. But My already farmed empire team members all have a raging chubby right now.

+1000
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Source?

Here...

"SWGOH.GG is not affiliated with EA, EA Capital Games, Disney or Lucasfilm LTD. "

Official source?

:D
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Source?

Here...

Official source?

Generally in app games like this, fan sites get their data by looking directly at the code within the app. It's not a trivial thing for a normal user, but pretty straight forward for code dev guys.

Because the code for the event was distributed last night when CG posted the forum update, it is most likely that this and other fan sites pulled the event data directly from the app. The app itself is the most official source you can have until an event actually becomes live
  • Options
    I already think it's great!
  • Options
    Whale wallet **** and loaded. Good job guys, excited for this update. Palpatine was the right decision.
  • Options
    FANTASTIC UPDATE! I have Mace at *7 and have since replaced him with Leia on my PvP squad but this help him a lot, particularly on his expose being resisted. That will allow his damage to skyrocket. I'd still like Cantina Energy to refresh as quickly as regular energy or at least give it to us at 12 AM and 12 PM. I just tested 100->100 for the second one.. I simmed 20 fights and got 5 Aayla shards ><
  • Options
    im glad for the improvements but would be nice if the cantina energy bonus was at a later time as i am at work usually at that time and play on my tablet which is wifi only :(
  • Options
    Now, they just need to start Emperor's Demise event, and we'll all be happy :D
  • Options
    Okay, so I admit it, I'd lost faith. I was one of the players who freaked out after the mods came out and there were still so many character flaws/bugs. But with all the recent updates, fixes and content, I have to offer props to EA/CG. Thank you for restoring my love for this game!!
  • DrGreenlungs_420
    38 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Faroer wrote: »

You can. Use crystals to purchase the credit data cards

Not worth it. It would be different If I used 595 crystals and had a guaranteed 1.6 mil in credits but it's not more like probably half that.
  • Options
    Reading the Emperor's extensive ability list liketydmPR9.gif
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely a step in a great direction. Numerical bug fixes, and to quite a few things needing it bad. Still have some character bug fixing to do but still, can't be all at once. The cantina tweaks were a nice surprise to have addressed, and it seems like the Empire event is going to be manageable and not too much of a cakewalk or impossibility. Keep up the good work.

Best update in months.
  • Options
    This is a fantastic update, thank you! Best we've had in months and the good news I've been waiting for.

The Cantina energy refresh and costs solve many problems:

a) it makes it faster for us to add and ramp up standard Cantina characters for special events
    b) it gives us more Cantina coins to add and ramp up the special characters in the Cantina Store
    c) it will give us more Ability Materials to improve our attacks
    d) and most importantly (perhaps) it allows us to SIGNIFICANTLY increase the amount of credits we get in a day. Cantina 7 pays out 7000 credits each time. That's going to add up if you do a couple of refreshes on Cantina a day plus the free 45.

Thanks!
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Mine still says 100 for a refresh & I haven't done one today..

This is correct! 100 refresh is what it starts out at. Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    Dimmy wrote: »
    I can see the emperor in the character screen but no event yet.., when does it start? Does anyone know?

It is live now! :D Try restarting your game
  • Options
    i must say i have been wanting emperor palpatine since i started playing this game. having darth sidious with the lightsabers is good and he's my main character. i have him maxed out as much as i can for being a level 71 player. despite comments i read about him being no good in the later levels i still find him kicking butt and he's my main toon.

that being said i have spent my entire time playing the game farming characters i personally like. my goal is to enjoy the game as much as i can. i'd rather spent my time playing with characters i like than going for whatever will level me up and max me out the quickest. so that has come to bit me in the butt. i have only one rebel toon. i have spent time farming sidious, vadar, anakin, count dooku and kylo ren and leveling them up maxing them out whenever i can i have no rebels to acquire the emperor.

i personally think the emperor and yoda both need to have more than just the one place to obtain their shards. they could be in the shard shop. yoda's event does happen enough i can sort of be ok with thats the only place his shards are but the being the emperor is my absolute most favorite character of star wars and i have no rebels and this event is title very rare, i'm extremely disappointed and feel he should be offered elsewhere.
  • Options
    You still never adjusted for Daylight Saving Time, so it's actually 1300 most places.
  • Options
    Adding in Palpatine is awesome. But Why so many events benifitting Rebels and the light side. We need events that will benifit Empire, Sith, Night sister squads. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    thank you!
  • Options
    I did a restart of client last night before the nightly reset. When I purchased my first Cantina Energy this morning I paid 100 (and no I was not imagining it, but no I didnt think to screenshoot it because two refreshes of 100 seemed plausible). I did a second refresh and it was also 100. My third refresh would cost me 200.

So am I understanding correctly that others have paid 50 for their first Cantina refresh?!

Cc: @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    So am I understanding correctly that others have paid 50 for their first Cantina refresh?!
    No, claims of 50 for the first cost were assumptions. The real costs are 100, 100, 200, ...

• Kozispoon
    Options
    Traybor wrote: »
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    No, claims of 50 for the first cost were assumptions. The real costs are 100, 100, 200, ...

Yep, that's correct :)
  • Options
    Best. Update. YET.

More Cantina energy? Check.
    New Event? Check.
    Character Buffs? Check.
    Bug Fixes? Check.
    AWESOME REWARDS for the event? Check.
    A pack to purchase that provides a good VALUE? Check.
    Faction balancing? Check.
    New character we've wanted? CHECK.

Wallet open again? Check.

Keep up the GREAT work!*

* - Now, about that Teebo :dizzy:
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....