Community\Game Update 8/17/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Title says it all

Massive damage increase, potency increase to many underused Jedi characters.

Palpatine as leader just made every last Sith and Empire character totally viable, with tons of interesting routes to take.

Rebels become desirable not just intrinsically, but more specifically for Palpatine event.

Yoda becomes a perfect antithesis to Palpatine, making Yoda more desirable.

On another note, I haven't seen the moderate whom posted the most recent update post before, anybody know if this moderator is the new go-between for EA and customers?

No, RyDiggs has been around for ever, he is just helping Jesse out. Assuming Jesse may be traveling or something. RyDiggs is a great dude
  • Options
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    still missing the urgently needed gw fix

Because they have stated over and over, it's working as intended right now, with no current plans to change.
  • Options

GW works just fine.
  • Options
    So where's this rebel event? "Tomorrow" is running out fast by my watch.
  • Options
    So give use the Rebel Event already ;)
  • Options
    Despite frustrations with GW, I'm starting to get some enjoyment from this game again. I never thought it would happen.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    I only wish they made it the same as regular energy in every way. Refreshes still start at 100 crystals. I expected it to be 50 after the announcement.

Still better if you do multiple refreshes. For those who can only do 1 refresh per day there's no change aside from bonus 45 at noon.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Despite what a lot of the people who haven't got rebels are currently crying are saying, this is a good week for the game. The cantina change is great and well received.

The event allows you to begin rewards from a basic entry point, it's as good as anything they have done so far. I'll be back in a few hours to cry for a nerf when I can't 7 star the emperor lol

Seriously though, how anyone can complain is beyond me, they've done something really right by the looks of it.
  • Options
    Well - I was excited to hear cantina refreshes would be less expensive but my game is still charging the same 100 crystals so I don't think that is true. I am thankful for the new free 45 energy though. Thanks for that. And please explain why the devs are saying the refreshes are cheaper.
  • Options
    Nice update, I like it.

BUT - after the update I can't get into Challenges and Cantina Battles anymore. Just keeps getting stuck on the loading screen...

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
  • Options
    Anyone has the event?
  • Options
    First Cantina refresh of the day for me is still 100 crystals. Is it supposed to be 50 or 100?
  • Options
    Teebo stealth still not fixed. :(
  • Options
    First Cantina refresh of the day for me is still 100 crystals. Is it supposed to be 50 or 100?

It is 100-100-200 now
  • Options
    I bought a vault to celebrate Palpatine's rise to power :)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    Good work, gents!
  • Options
    Fantastic update! Thank you
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nairda wrote: »
    So where's this rebel event? "Tomorrow" is running out fast by my watch.

My best guess is that they have lost concept of time. The message they delivered yesterday says "tomorrow" while it is now one and half hour to the day after tomorrow!
    Post edited by 3Edward9 on
  • Options
    This thread is beautiful. :'(

Good work devs. Appreciate the free energy, the bug fixes and the tweaks!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Amazing update!

Still need to buff Mod drop chance though... and possibly reduce mod upgrade cost, increase sale value.

Good to see several toons touched by the update.

Being a bunch of relentless players though, I think we will immediately start talking about the next set of toons needing buffs and bugfixes.

IMO Boba Fett is high on the buff list.

Basic attack: If either Boba or the target has yellow health, increase crit chance. If both are on the yellow, also increase damage.

AoE: gain TM per debuff applied.

Ressurection: Must be a more powerful comeback. gain TM, speed up.

Leader: DON'T TOUCH IT.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    sounds like a great movie, "1 and 1/2 hours to the day after tomorrow "

edit: on topic, "tomorrow" in CG speak means late afternoon of the following day PST (i.d. California) (or late morning for that matter)
  • Options
    Nairda wrote: »

GW works just fine.
    LordRath wrote: »

Because they have stated over and over, it's working as intended right now, with no current plans to change.

gw scales but a lot of people who are still progressing through the game have unmanagable gw's (as in impossible to complete no matter who good they play).

gw should not be a timesink like it is (that was also said once by ea)

and then, once you pass 37k on your top5 characters you get a super easy node 12 (just happened to me, I just need to work on passing node 11 more often now)

so while I do manage to complete a gw once in a while again after some very frustrating weeks I still find the balancing of it all as if done by amateurs.

it needs to be easier and should never punish you for upgrading your characters.

of course the super easy node 12 needs to be addressed then, thats clearly a bug.

the time factor should be reduced, imo the removing the ability to restart fights and make it easier in return should reduce the time big time while keeping it challenging (since you cannot restart).

and so on and so on. gw is broke in so many ways.
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    sounds like a great movie, "1 and 1/2 hours to the day after tomorrow "

edit: on topic, "tomorrow" in CG speak means late afternoon of the following day PST (i.d. California) (or late morning for that matter)

Generally, we say it is tomorrow after 12pm, does it make any sense if someone refers tomorrow as more than 24 hours from a given time?
  • Options
    6 Pages and no complaints. None from me. Finally a good update.

I will say that it's semi counter productive to have to farm rebels to unlock a guy that you have to farm empire/sith then to use. The rebel guys don't want emperor, then want Luke. But My already farmed empire team members all have a raging chubby right now.
  • Options
    This update nearly brought me to tears of joy last night at 5am... I don't get out much.
  • Options
    My guess is that the new event will start when the Yoda event ends... 3h 54m on my end.
  • Options
    Cantina energy still costs 100 for me. If it isn't lowered to 50, then you can count me as a complainer.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the event will work like the Yoda one yet? Needing certain amount of stars for each level type thing. Having five 6 star characters will get Emperor to 6 stars type thing.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the event will work like the Yoda one yet? Needing certain amount of stars for each level type thing. Having five 6 star characters will get Emperor to 6 stars type thing.

Yes, it is exactly the same. So you need 5 5* rebels to unlock him. 5 7* rebels to max him.
  • Options
    The drop in cantina refresh costs is a massive improvement trust me, once you start doing decently in arena and getting like 300+ crystals from the rewards then you will see just how much it has helped, 300 crystals can now buy you 2 regular refreshes AND 2 cantina refreshes, that's really good, and for those that top arena and get 500 crystals, even if they only buy the 100 crystals per day for 21 day pack thing that gives you 600 crystals a day (not including daily challenges, GW rewards etc) which if you only spent on cantina refreshes can get you 4 refreshes co pared to the old price where ; refreshes would cost you 1500... That's a decrease in cost of 60% people!!!! And this is a permanent change, not just a limited time event! Also, cantina battles are the best place to get credits (outside of events and GW) so having that free cantina energy available and the reduced cost to refresh it will also help people towards getting some extra credits to ease the credit crunch slightly. Yes I know it's not exactly millions of creds a day like we all need but this is a very good and clever improvement which simultaneously helps address multiple problems that 90% of players have been asking for and complaining about.

So if we look at this solely from a cantina perspective and how much stuff from the cantina contributes to a player's overall collection and progress, then the fact that people can now get a lot more from the game (since most top f2p toons are cantina based) for a lot less than before means that ea/cg have actually sacrificed a small amount of their profit margin in reality since people won't have to buy as many crystals to get the same amount from the cantina as they did before, whilst also at the same time probably entices some people to spend a little bit in a few crystals (probably a bigger loss than gain still though).

All in all this is probably the smartest and best change in a very long time, and a much needed improvement to the games overall progression, well done on this one devs, it may still be a change that promotes more spending overall but at least this is one that I personally think is fair and worthwhile. I hope as much thought and planning goes into the future updates and things should only get better