The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Is zeta phasma required for a FO team because I might farm them in the future?

I wouldn't say required but it's a pretty huge boost. You go from 40% chance to assist to 60% chance. Think about it, that's basically swapping the odds to not assist and the odds to assist. Also no more damage penalty is huge. I would definitely rank it the highest priority among FO zetas.

I'd say overall

1) Phasma zeta
    2) FOST zeta
    3) FOTP zeta
    4) Kylo zeta

Kylo zeta has to be your priority. The protection heal makes him virtually indestructible. The constant refresh of cool down means he can use it almost every turn and do massive damage to boot. I have been down to kylo against 3-4 opposing toons in arena and have won. He's a beast.
  • Options
    Sturmbock wrote: »

Kylo zeta has to be your priority. The protection heal makes him virtually indestructible. The constant refresh of cool down means he can use it almost every turn and do massive damage to boot. I have been down to kylo against 3-4 opposing toons in arena and have won. He's a beast.

I could see it being an enormous boost on offense - he like, never uses that ability though under the AI control right?

Would you go after the kylo zeta before the team affecting one like Phasma?

• Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have a suggestion for first order officer add a speed boost for every first order ally kind of like JE's ability that way he can get those marching orders out early and really get the team going. What do you guys/gals think?
  • Options
    jdport wrote: »
    Aero, have you considered or tried using your FO team in HAAT phase 1? I'm curious to know how they would perform compared to Jedi.

Durrun wrote: »
    Probably terribly since GG has 10 hits till he buffs and summons droids and FO are all assists

I'm curious to see them in p2 though.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'll have videos uploaded tonight, had a busy weekend. Also I tried P2 and got about 900k. I could of surely pushed for more, and there are more zetas to be had.
  • Options
    Don't bother in P1, it's a blood bath. Even playing them in P1 on normal on auto they do 200k, On auto my droids do 500k in p1.
    If there is a place in HAAT for FO, it's not P1, I also am curious about p2. I think they play there best.
  • Options
    Don't bother in P1, it's a blood bath. Even playing them in P1 on normal on auto they do 200k, On auto my droids do 500k in p1.
    If there is a place in HAAT for FO, it's not P1, I also am curious about p2. I think they play there best.

Something I noticed is that a lot of teams really shine in P2.
  • Options
    Love the video! They are looking pretty awesome!

Are you sporting any of the zetas yet?

Would love to see some vids again zeta maul and zeta vader if you have the opportunity :)
  • Options
    Really nice video. Thanks @Aero
  • Options
    Nice vid can't wait to start farming a first order team.
  • Options
    FOO is now a monster! I was bored last night waiting for guild mates to get from p1 to p2, so I threw in a FO crew. I have to work on strategy some, but with FOO's 2 special abilities, the whole crew pretty much can do their specials with crits all day long.
  • Sturmbock
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow @Aero very impressed with those results. May be more viable as a team than I thought. Next zeta going to phasma!
  • Options
    There's been a couple of times I've noticed FOO's marching orders not dispelling toons that are buff blocked (especially against TFP). Has anyone else seen this?
  • Options
    There's been a couple of times I've noticed FOO's marching orders not dispelling toons that are buff blocked (especially against TFP). Has anyone else seen this?

No. Always removes debuffs for me.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »

It's not removing buff immunity or shock, you can see in my videos. I've reported it already.
  • Options
    Something I don't get is in the stormtrooper's basic on his omega upgrade it says dispell all debuffs from the target if he has advantage? Is that a typo or does he do the dispelling for them?
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Something I don't get is in the stormtrooper's basic on his omega upgrade it says dispell all debuffs from the target if he has advantage? Is that a typo or does he do the dispelling for them?

If you omega it it changes to buffs. It's a typo.
  • Options
    So about a week I posted saying that I was disappointed with the FO rework. I was already well along my path to getting them, and looking at everything else, I decided to keep going for them, because, what the heck. Why not.

I'm going to test them in arena this weekend (I am always top 2-3 on my shard) to see how they do on offense and defense on my shard, which is younger than Aero's (mine is a late December shard). I have pretty good mods to boost speed, and I anticipate getting FOO around 255 speed and the others around 210. I cannot run FOST as I am still farming him, almost to 5*. I was considering running GK or Boba as my 5th for now. Any other thoughts on a FOST replacement?

Also, from a first-turn perspective -- we can target Phasma or Kylo with FOO to bump TM. Phasma's seems like a waste because the guys other than FOO will not have 50% of their bars open. So I was thinking FOO Marching Orders -> Kylo Lash Out (25% should put all my FO up immediately), while keeping Phasma slowest of the FO. Then FOTP ruins someone's day, then Phasma can VM, getting me back up to high TM levels. Does this make sense, or is the FOO Pinning Shot more effective as the first turn move?

I've been sitting on some zetas, so I just zeta'd Phasma and I have one more left, likely going to FOTP for the damage boost and foresight boost, but waiting to see what is announced in the coming few days, if anything. Kylo's zeta looks great on offense but if he is always using lash out on defense, which isn't bad because of the TM boost, then it's only of marginal overall gain. FOST still appears on paper to me to be the worst zeta for the team, as a 50% chance on his special ability will only apply an extra attack one, maybe two times per fight I would think.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    So about a week I posted saying that I was disappointed with the FO rework. I was already well along my path to getting them, and looking at everything else, I decided to keep going for them, because, what the heck. Why not.

I'm going to test them in arena this weekend (I am always top 2-3 on my shard) to see how they do on offense and defense on my shard, which is younger than Aero's (mine is a late December shard). I have pretty good mods to boost speed, and I anticipate getting FOO around 255 speed and the others around 210. I cannot run FOST as I am still farming him, almost to 5*. I was considering running GK or Boba as my 5th for now. Any other thoughts on a FOST replacement?

Also, from a first-turn perspective -- we can target Phasma or Kylo with FOO to bump TM. Phasma's seems like a waste because the guys other than FOO will not have 50% of their bars open. So I was thinking FOO Marching Orders -> Kylo Lash Out (25% should put all my FO up immediately), while keeping Phasma slowest of the FO. Then FOTP ruins someone's day, then Phasma can VM, getting me back up to high TM levels. Does this make sense, or is the FOO Pinning Shot more effective as the first turn move?

I've been sitting on some zetas, so I just zeta'd Phasma and I have one more left, likely going to FOTP for the damage boost and foresight boost, but waiting to see what is announced in the coming few days, if anything. Kylo's zeta looks great on offense but if he is always using lash out on defense, which isn't bad because of the TM boost, then it's only of marginal overall gain. FOST still appears on paper to me to be the worst zeta for the team, as a 50% chance on his special ability will only apply an extra attack one, maybe two times per fight I would think.

His zeta has a 50% to call in a character from any move he does. So he has a 50% to call in a character on his counter as well.
  • Options

His zeta has a 50% to call in a character from any move he does. So he has a 50% to call in a character on his counter as well.

Counter counts as 'using an ability'?
  • Options

Counter counts as 'using an ability'?

Yes using his basic.
  • Conduit23
    358 posts
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Probably should've said "whenever he attacks" but yes, FOST's Unique Zeta has a chance to fire whenever FOST uses his Special or uses his Basic for any reason (button pressed, counter attack, called to Assist by someone else, etc.)

Edit: Forgot, couldn't say "whenever he attacks" because his Special isn't an attack. So, yes! It's whenever he uses either of his abilities for any reason.
    Post edited by Conduit23 on
  • Options
    Lol I honestly felt like the trooper rework was the most exciting even! Between being able to call assists anytime his pixels shift, handing out defense up and TM, dispelling himself, dispelling opponents and applying speed down, handing out advantage to first order, AND having an actual taunt finally - I feel like he was incredibly improved on paper lol.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero how are you holding in arena with it?
  • Options
    Probably should've said "whenever he attacks" but yes, FOST's Unique Zeta has a chance to fire whenever FOST uses his Special or uses his Basic for any reason (button pressed, counter attack, called to Assist by someone else, etc.)

Edit: Forgot, couldn't say "whenever he attacks" because his Special isn't an attack. So, yes! It's whenever he uses either of his abilities for any reason.

Interesting, that DOES make it look pretty good. Well, as mine is 4* right now, looks like I'll still debate kylo vs fotp for now with FOST when I get my next one in a few weeks.
  • Options
    How does the FOST's zeta interact with a Phasma lead? If Phasma gives the FOST a 40%-60% chance to call someone to assist whenever they attack and the FOST already has a 50% chance does it make it a 90%-100% chance to call someone to assist? Or is there two separate chances to call someone to assist?
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I misread that the first few times.....that's a good question. I feel like it stacks? that's how IGD lead and kit fisto/ayla work right? IGD bumps ayla to a guaranteed counter chance?
  • Options
    On paper, FO seems to be awesome, but... they all are so slow ! I think just for it, this squad can old the rank in arena...
    Versus Wiggs... Instant one toon death...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »

It's not removing buff immunity or shock, you can see in my videos. I've reported it already.
    Durrun wrote: »
    @Aero how are you holding in arena with it?

Sitting comfortably in the 20-50 range.
    Ronson wrote: »
    How does the FOST's zeta interact with a Phasma lead? If Phasma gives the FOST a 40%-60% chance to call someone to assist whenever they attack and the FOST already has a 50% chance does it make it a 90%-100% chance to call someone to assist? Or is there two separate chances to call someone to assist?

So Phasma zeta is 60% chance to call an assist. That assist if called has a 25% chance to go to FOST (since he's 1 of 4 allies, gets stronger as other allies are defeated) and from there it's a 50% chance he calls someone else to assist. That puts it at a 7.5% chance to do a triple strike anytime you attack.