Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    MULDYE wrote: »
    Terminex wrote: »
    We are planning to restrict the level variance much more than is currently happening

Here's a question for you. Is the match-up based on your *player* level, or the level of the heroes in your squad? Along those line, I've been wondering something for a while, and maybe you can shine some light on this:

Am I shooting myself in the foot by not keeping my top team maxed to my player level, but rather trying to keep my top 20 or so upgraded? I'm player level 69 currently, I've got 40 characters, and have been studiously updating around half of them, and casually updating the rest. My lowest level character is 34, and lvl 4 gear, more than half have lvl 6 gesr, and my top 12 all have purple (7 or 8). Most are between lvl 50 and 60, with a handful above 60 (6* Phasma is 67, 4* Vader at 53, and so on, 5* Lucia at 53, and so on.

Am I playing this game wrong? Is my player level what's killing my GW experience, since I don't have my top squad maxed out?? I used to look forward to GW the most every day, and now it's the grindiest, most frustrating part of the game for me.

Having complete 12 GWs total, I haven't gotten more than 3/4 through since the 1/28 update (yes, haven't beaten ONE COMPLETE WAR since 1/28). I completed the 10 GW achiement, opening the 50 completions achiement. Should I just never count on obtaining this? This has been SUPER frustrating to me, just ask my wife when I suddenly go full sailor while we're sitting peacefully on the couch and Duku/Sid+3 steamroll me, again.

I've spent about $10 on this game so far. I've contemplated spending more to get myself out of this rut, then I stop and think about the sinkhole this could become, and don't. The money I spent before was mostly to afford some Chromium packs, but I think having *too* many characters, and not just min-maxing my 'leets, has been my downfall.

P.S. My GW opponents about 3/4 through are lvl 53-56, with 6-7 stars, and litterally destroy me every time.

i'm lvl 65 with 6 lvl 54 toons, 2 of which are purple. 5 blue toons at lvl 50 - 53, and the rest lvl 47 or lower. Last 2 night's faced lvl 65 to 69 full purple geared 6* and 7* squads. Impossible to complete GW now and I don't get the match-making because I haven't upgraded any of my top toons for weeks, and now I'm facing the impossible dream teams all of a sudden. It's crap like this that tells me NOT to spend money on this game, especially games that revolve around luck instead of skill.

What blocks you to raise your toons up to player level? Credits? Or droids?. I would suggest to try the chsllenges (yellow and red key). Your toons are way underleveled for your player level. You have spread too much.
  • Options
    12696671_10208453976289187_726982849_o.jpg
    really? so soon?
  • Options
    Red_Glare wrote: »
    really? so soon?

What is your player level and rank in arena. I had another easy run today. Last two matchups were against player level 68. I am 63 but first matchup only had two 7 stars and last matchup only 5* opponents one 3*FOTP. No challenge my main squad ran whole thing with no retreats.
  • Options
    It's Sunday and I decided I needed to express my daily annoyance with GW. It has become a fu@#$@ chore. I've got to the point that I just don't care about beating it anymore. I sometimes will restart once or twice if I'm feeling particularly stubborn, but otherwise, I just let my teams die.

*yawn*

Change the way this pathetic mode works before...before...lol...whatever. And fire the tard who decided it was better this way.

I hope the next update improves things, because I'm really losing interest in this game.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Feedback on GW still seems mixed:
    • Some like it.
    • Some don't like it.
    • Some find it too hard.
    • Some find it too easy.
    • Some think we're evil, we broke the game, and should go hurt ourselves.

As always, you can't please everyone. :)

If you've honestly been reading, you have to realize this new mode has barely pleased anyone.
  • Options
    Hello,

ok of recent change (retreat etc..) but please balance the matchmaking (Too many team very strong, that kill too early our boss) since you change that, I loose many GW.

Ok GalaxyWar should be Hard and strong, but if it impossible to complete, it isn't funny.

The 3 last Battle are impossible.
    Exemple:
    I am Lvl 65 with 2 character 7* - 3 character 5* and many character 4* many character Lvl 64 (my 6 BOSS) many Caractere Lvl 55 (My Team B) and some low character.
    Lvl 65 is good level :-) i am between 13 - 37 rank in squad area.

And i can't finish GW, due to Battle 10 lvl 69 team (Max gear and 3x7* and 2x5*).
    Anyway if i win without kill boss, i found in Battle 11 a strongest Team!
    One time, i found in Last battle (12) a max team in this game!! 5 lvl 70 with many 7* IMPOSSIBLE without my A team.

Ok, one time i finish and win a 70lvl Team, using 20 retreat!! but with all my boss.
    We can't test combo if we attack a very very very Hard Team!

Please adjust the lvl of the 12 battles.

Battle 1 Player Lvl -10lvl (for me 55) We can test B team combo
    Battle 2 Player Lvl - 8lvl (for me 57) We can test B team Combo
    Battle 3 Player Lvl - 6lvl (for me 59) We can test mix A&B team
    Battle 4 player Lvl - 4 lvl (For me 61) We can test Mix A&B team
    Battle 5 Player Lvl - 3 lvl (For me 62) we can test A team
    Battle 6 Player Lvl -2 lvl (for me 63) we can test A team
    Battle (7 - 8 - 9 - 10) Player Lvl +/- 1lvl (For me between 62 and 66) Many test many Retreat
    Battle 10 Player Lvl +1 Hard part but possible with less boss death
    Battle 11 player Lvl + 1 hard part but possible with less boss Death
    Battle 12 player Lvl + 2 Very Hard but the last

Realy, if it still too hard, i will stop, because GW should be funny! ok for training combo and discover othr character, but should be funny! squad area isn't funny, please let us the Funny GW.

I am 38 year old, i play for fun! i can put coin for fun, i don't want putt coin for impossible GW.

Be sure that, i am happy you try to improve game expérience, and thank for this open Post.
    I am sure you will adjust difficulty a soon as possible.

Thanks (I am french sorry for some english mistake)

Nicolas
  • Options
    Wait and see :-)

My last suggestion: why not to implement (Resurrection character for a new battle and pay GW token for that?)

just a suggestion, priority is balancing the matchmaking.
    For me, new retreat mode is good (Because, now i can test and learn many things :-) )

Waiting .....

See you
  • Options
    swgod98 wrote: »
    It's Sunday and I decided I needed to express my daily annoyance with GW. It has become a fu@#$@ chore. I've got to the point that I just don't care about beating it anymore. I sometimes will restart once or twice if I'm feeling particularly stubborn, but otherwise, I just let my teams die.

*yawn*

Change the way this pathetic mode works before...before...lol...whatever. And fire the tard who decided it was better this way.

I hope the next update improves things, because I'm really losing interest in this game.

Here here.
  • Options
    Irul wrote: »
    I go against current but i liked the changes to GW. Before it was too easy to complete. I admit that i hit a wall after the change and did not finish it for few days but it allowed me to test many combinations and strategy. I think I became a much better player after and it helped me a lot in arena and the way i fight. After that, i managed to finish in top 20 arena and even clinched 1st place once (which i did not expect). I am almost f2p (bought first basic offer and the 100 gems for 21 days) and level 65.

You're serious? I've got this 50 GW Achiement hanging over my head now. Completed 12 before the 1/28 change, and now, HAVEN'T COMPLETED ONE. NOT ONE. How in the bloody world am I supposed to complete 50 now, when I can't clear my 13th? So much for Vader shards.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Irul wrote: »
    I go against current but i liked the changes to GW. Before it was too easy to complete. I admit that i hit a wall after the change and did not finish it for few days but it allowed me to test many combinations and strategy. I think I became a much better player after and it helped me a lot in arena and the way i fight. After that, i managed to finish in top 20 arena and even clinched 1st place once (which i did not expect). I am almost f2p (bought first basic offer and the 100 gems for 21 days) and level 65.

You're serious? I've got this 50 GW Achiement hanging over my head now. Completed 12 before the 1/28 change, and now, HAVEN'T COMPLETED ONE. NOT ONE. How in the bloody world am I supposed to complete 50 now, when I can't clear my 13th? So much for Vader shards.

If you havent completed a single GW after the update there is something seriously wrong with your lineup or your approach. Use heals wisely, Max out JC cooldown to -1 level 6, helps me a lot, if you do not have barris sometimes make Lumi as lead to get that evasion and heal every turn, use your fodders, swap teams. Have characters in purple gear outside of top 5 arena team, like Daka, JC, etc. At least have 8 high level toons for GW(including the 5 you use in Arena fights).

Retrospect what you are doing wrong, and yes, it might be taxing but use the retreat if the health of your toons is in yellow an reds, replay the stage and make sure you leave the battle with 70% health at least.

Although I hate this new matchmaking, I have failed to complete just one GW after the update. But I do agree the matchmaking needs to be changed to make it a fair fight.
  • Options
    Hi all -

I had my own account reset a little less than three weeks ago. I'm playing through this time as completely FTP. I'm currently at level 49 and have 13 characters. I've been able to complete GW each day I was able to get to it (I don't have an exact record, but it's been a big majority of the days since I hit 40).

I wanted to do that to ensure I could correlate my personal experience to what people were talking about here. (My previous play through had a lot of spending and thus a lot of characters.)

And, I do expect some will say that since I'm only at 49 I'm not experiencing their full GW concerns. That may be, but I'm playing it as fast as I can. :)

Those that have played Alt. accounts will tell you that there is a sweet point around this sort of level where GW can be easy to moderate to complete every time. This is even more so with the benefit of hindsight, where you have been able to focus more on developing the some of the RIGHT toons from the start.

Then there is the issue of Arena rank. Keep it over 500, and depending on your shard, you CAN get easy matchups, pretty much every time. I had one acct. where this seemed to happen, and without trying, could easily beat GW.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Red_Glare wrote: »
    really? so soon?

This is ridiculuous.

My own GW's hardest fight of today:

2jd0sgp.png

I'm level 70, top 10 arena yesterday, top 5 this week, top 2 best possition lifetime.

Rest of my fights even easier:
    1syviq.png

Or rm6yc1.png
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    If that doesn't show how unfair the system is for done players, I don't know what could
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    If that doesn't show how unfair the system is for done players, I don't know what could

Most of the people complaining arent showing proof that they get these ridiculous matchups everyday. For all we know could be once a week that they lose and start whining. I have had some ridiculous matchups and i have had some easy matchups. Lately all easy matchups.
  • Options
    URGENT URGENT Please REVIEW MATCHMAKING (Lvl Too Hight)

NO FUNNY, Crazy GW, i will stop this game!
    On Friday i win GW with many difficulty and 40 retreat...
    On Saturday I loose (Step 10 or 11)
    On Sunday I loose (Step 10)
    Today I am blocked Step 9!!!!!

Step 9 i have 70lvl team named swag lord with:
    Sidious 68 7*
    JC lvl64 6*
    Poggle lvl 70 7*
    Lumi Lvl 68 7*
    Old Daka lvl68 6*

Stop this no sense GW!!!!!

I am Lvl 66 and no no funny!!!!!

URGENT action required for capped Matchmaking!
    Difficulty (Hard expérience) is by succession of many battle without healing.
    In Squad Area challenge is to win against Hard Player!
    We can't do both thing!! succession of very Hard player!! or you create a special DEVIL ARENA!!

Please be aware and fix it quickly.
  • Options

Most of the people complaining arent showing proof that they get these ridiculous matchups everyday. For all we know could be once a week that they lose and start whining. I have had some ridiculous matchups and i have had some easy matchups. Lately all easy matchups.

Sounds like you are deeming those ppl who complained are whiners. Haven't you seen enough photo post where there are significant level difference? Do you really need a full week photo report on a daily basis to actually believe?

Personally I have been struggling every day.. Even though I manage to clear most but it getting more and more ridiculous @ 66 , I past 2-3 full gear max star level 70s team. It is so stressful to play GW even I have 9'full gear lv 66.
    Being hard is one thing. Being impossible to play is another thing all together. My as well tell us not to attempt.

• Options
    We are planning to restrict the level variance much more than is currently happening

Here's a question for you. Is the match-up based on your *player* level, or the level of the heroes in your squad? Along those line, I've been wondering something for a while, and maybe you can shine some light on this:

Am I shooting myself in the foot by not keeping my top team maxed to my player level, but rather trying to keep my top 20 or so upgraded? I'm player level 69 currently, I've got 40 characters, and have been studiously updating around half of them, and casually updating the rest. My lowest level character is 34, and lvl 4 gear, more than half have lvl 6 gesr, and my top 12 all have purple (7 or 8). Most are between lvl 50 and 60, with a handful above 60 (6* Phasma is 67, 4* Vader at 53, and so on, 5* Lucia at 53, and so on.

Am I playing this game wrong? Is my player level what's killing my GW experience, since I don't have my top squad maxed out?? I used to look forward to GW the most every day, and now it's the grindiest, most frustrating part of the game for me.

Having complete 12 GWs total, I haven't gotten more than 3/4 through since the 1/28 update (yes, haven't beaten ONE COMPLETE WAR since 1/28). I completed the 10 GW achiement, opening the 50 completions achiement. Should I just never count on obtaining this? This has been SUPER frustrating to me, just ask my wife when I suddenly go full sailor while we're sitting peacefully on the couch and Duku/Sid+3 steamroll me, again.

I've spent about $10 on this game so far. I've contemplated spending more to get myself out of this rut, then I stop and think about the sinkhole this could become, and don't. The money I spent before was mostly to afford some Chromium packs, but I think having *too* many characters, and not just min-maxing my 'leets, has been my downfall.

P.S. My GW opponents about 3/4 through are lvl 53-56, with 6-7 stars, and litterally destroy me every time.

Ouch! Yes hurts you!!!! A lot
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Many aren't, sure. But some have proof. The screenshot I quoted is FAR stronger than ANY team I faced, in this GW or any other GW I have played, ever. He got it in 2nd node, and he is lower level than me, maybe lower arena too (I'm top 5 in mine). So, either there is something else to GW matchmaking we don't know, or it's system is totally screwed.
  • Options
    The match ups are messed up. I just hit level 60 today, and yet I was matched up against a team that had all level 68 players. I understand that GW is supposed to be hard. But there is a difference between being hard and impossible.
  • Options

Many aren't, sure. But some have proof. The screenshot I quoted is FAR stronger than ANY team I faced, in this GW or any other GW I have played, ever. He got it in 2nd node, and he is lower level than me, maybe lower arena too (I'm top 5 in mine). So, either there is something else to GW matchmaking we don't know, or it's system is totally screwed.

I am not defending the matchup system. It probably isnt working as intended. But It is somewhat random so there is no way anyone should get screwed everyday unless their luck is that bad.
  • Options
    Leothoras wrote: »

Sounds like you are deeming those ppl who complained are whiners. Haven't you seen enough photo post where there are significant level difference? Do you really need a full week photo report on a daily basis to actually believe?

Personally I have been struggling every day.. Even though I manage to clear most but it getting more and more ridiculous @ 66 , I past 2-3 full gear max star level 70s team. It is so stressful to play GW even I have 9'full gear lv 66.
    Being hard is one thing. Being impossible to play is another thing all together. My as well tell us not to attempt.

Some of them are whiners. And you are Level 66 so getting a few level 70 matchups are fair game.
  • Options
    lol, I just lost a character on fight 1in GW (that is a first for me). Character died in first 4 hits (they focused him pretty good). Had to restart to try a new "strategy." Good thing I'm starting early...this gives me about 13 more hours of restarting to try and finish it today! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    I think GW is a pretty decent indicator of where you are vs where you should probably be at your level. I'm at 66 right now, but in hindsight I realized I spread my team too thin by leveling and gearing characters that were either a) not as good as I bought they might be and changed my team and b) just having too many characters at a fair level and gearing. For the first time today, I got it handed to me by battle 7. I like the challenge and like the fact that it's revealing where my strengths are lacking. I would like to win them all every day, but that's not fun either if I know I can win every day and just go through the motions.

Btw highest toon level is 63 and hit a few 65 and 66 level teams. I found their gear was lower than it looked vs mine as well. Tough battle but my lvl 60-63 team did prevail. Couldn't move much further but oh well, level up and try again tomorrow.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Lots of frustration on my side. Of course it's nice to have some challanges and hard battles, but not if i have to face impossible battles where i have no other chance than seeing my characters being wiped out within seconds without any chance of defense which happens since a few days (before it was the other extreme of being even too easy)

Usually the first two battles or so are ok, then comes a battle where I have to calculate to loose one or two of my characters. But then it's getting impossible (optimum is level 54 characters vs fully equipped 6* characters); even with my best team. It would be great to have a challange that is hard, but possible to win with a good tactic. Like, for example, to play against similar teams as in the arena which have more or less the same strength than oneself. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but the difference is never extreme.
  • Options
    image.png
    FYI,i'm lvl 67, highest arena rank reached is 10 and obviously f2p.
    Heroes i've used are
    image.jpg
    I breeze through with lumi (l), gs, sid, 86 and JC until node 6 where i swap JC for Daka.
    Node 7: Swap 86 for JC (1 retreat there)
    Node 8: just 1 retreat,i messed up
    Node 9: All hell breaks loose,3 retreats where i swap JC for 86 and then 86 for Chiewie, who takes one or the team
    Node 10: 86 replacing chewie, lose it to a 4 times (2 crit) consecutive dooku. Yeah, **** dooku.
    Node 11: phasma replacing 86 (i thought i could use the prolonged attack reach phasma provides)
    Node 12: could use poe,but instead i decide to go per JC in place of phasma
    Overall, an easy and challenging one, mostly because i didn't face higher tier arena team (QGJ etc.) and didn't face high-end phasma led ****. Most of the matches were
    bring down sid - tank the damage trying to bring down/stun luminara - heal - mop up

Hope this helps. If you think i've made some mistakes, please let me know.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah please lower this I'm up against guys way higherr than me because when i started the game brand new i was put in a new online arena thing where everyone was new and i climbed to 3rd. So you're telling me because I was 3rd for one day I have to play these incredibly hard battles??? Not right by any means!!!
  • Options
    I think GW is a pretty decent indicator of where you are vs where you should probably be at your level. I'm at 66 right now, but in hindsight I realized I spread my team too thin by leveling and gearing characters that were either a) not as good as I bought they might be and changed my team and b) just having too many characters at a fair level and gearing. For the first time today, I got it handed to me by battle 7. I like the challenge and like the fact that it's revealing where my strengths are lacking. I would like to win them all every day, but that's not fun either if I know I can win every day and just go through the motions.

Btw highest toon level is 63 and hit a few 65 and 66 level teams. I found their gear was lower than it looked vs mine as well. Tough battle but my lvl 60-63 team did prevail. Couldn't move much further but oh well, level up and try again tomorrow.

This maybe the case for me. Just hit level 55 this morning. I have tried to level and gear a wide range of chars. Most of my main 10 or so are 4* with a few 5*. Most are gear level 6 but haven't quite got any into purple gear yet.

The thing is... In order to progress through DS LS and Cantina far enough to farm what you need, you HAVE TO build a multitude of chars. You can't waste all of your resources to max out one char at a time or you won't be able to progress through the rest of the game. It seems that GW is not in balance with other aspects of the game.

I run into a squad 10 levels higher with a bunch of 6 and 7* and purple gear literally every day. YES... EVERYDAY! How far I make it depends on how soon I run into that squad. I normally manage to take it down by using every toon available to me but by then I have nothing left to finish with.

Yesterday I managed to scrape and claw my way through several squads 4-5 levels higher of various * and gear only to run into a squad 8 levels higher with several 6-7* purples. By that point I had a ragtag bunch left.

Today I'm in the 7th battle and am already facing a level 65 squad with a couple 6 stars. No purple gear luckily but will still take its toll.

For you guys that are around level 65... Purple gear or not... How easily could you take down a level 54-55 squad?? I'm guessing pretty easily because I could waste a level 45 squad.

I guess I should try letting myself plummet in arena and see if that helps. I'm currently up to #40 on my server so perhaps that's the problem. Why can I get so high in arena, I'm currently working in the 6s on LS and 5 hard son DS but can't ever finish GW anymore??

And yes... I will post pics everyday if that would appease the situation!! If the Devs say this is mid game content then they should make the difficulty such. I keep thinking it should get easier as I level and gear but the match ups keep going up accordingly.

• Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »

This maybe the case for me. Just hit level 55 this morning. I have tried to level and gear a wide range of chars. Most of my main 10 or so are 4* with a few 5*. Most are gear level 6 but haven't quite got any into purple gear yet.

The thing is... In order to progress through DS LS and Cantina far enough to farm what you need, you HAVE TO build a multitude of chars. You can't waste all of your resources to max out one char at a time or you won't be able to progress through the rest of the game. It seems that GW is not in balance with other aspects of the game.

I run into a squad 10 levels higher with a bunch of 6 and 7* and purple gear literally every day. YES... EVERYDAY! How far I make it depends on how soon I run into that squad. I normally manage to take it down by using every toon available to me but by then I have nothing left to finish with.

Yesterday I managed to scrape and claw my way through several squads 4-5 levels higher of various * and gear only to run into a squad 8 levels higher with several 6-7* purples. By that point I had a ragtag bunch left.

Today I'm in the 7th battle and am already facing a level 65 squad with a couple 6 stars. No purple gear luckily but will still take its toll.

For you guys that are around level 65... Purple gear or not... How easily could you take down a level 54-55 squad?? I'm guessing pretty easily because I could waste a level 45 squad.

I guess I should try letting myself plummet in arena and see if that helps. I'm currently up to #40 on my server so perhaps that's the problem. Why can I get so high in arena, I'm currently working in the 6s on LS and 5 hard son DS but can't ever finish GW anymore??

And yes... I will post pics everyday if that would appease the situation!! If the Devs say this is mid game content then they should make the difficulty such. I keep thinking it should get easier as I level and gear but the match ups keep going up accordingly.

I am Level 64 and a level 54 team gets destroyed without doing any damage to me. Should never get matched against something more than 3-5 levels, but it does also matter what their star level and gear level is.
  • Red_Glare
    106 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    deleted
This discussion has been closed.