Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    **** = "b00ty" cave

What is HC?
  • Options
    There's still quite a few unlocked / unfilled sections in the Cantina so I wouldn't lose hope - lots more to go. Also, end game content means something depending on who we are talking about. Not sure if you're a big spender with maxed everything there will ever be content, maybe aside from guild battles, where you feel challenged. If they balanced the game to that 1% level to be hard for that player than that means it would be impossible for probably >95% of the players.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

As you've noticed there are quite a few threads that have been created about Galactic War. I'm going to be merging all of those threads into this one. If you want to talk about the changes to Galactic Wars, I'm going to ask that you reply to this thread, or to the thread that @CG_JohnSalera recently created that is announced. Please do not create new posts about this topic.

Thank you.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

As you've noticed there are quite a few threads that have been created about Galactic War. I'm going to be merging all of those threads into this one. If you want to talk about the changes to Galactic Wars, I'm going to ask that you reply to this thread, or to the thread that @CG_JohnSalera recently created that is announced. Please do not create new posts about this topic.

Thank you.

• Options
    @EA_Jesse Bro princess Leila is seriously overpowered in squad arena When she's upgraded. Ridiculously overpowered. She always hits 3 times on her basic attack and does 5-6 thousand worth of damage. BASIC ATTACK!!? On top of that she is super fast and goes stealth and the only way to acquire her spending tons of money. The ability to attack multiple times should be removed
  • Options
    Then how have I seen the EXACT same opening battle 8 times in a row. One of the problems with treating a retreat the same as a drop is we get to fight the exact same fight multiple times to learn. Now I'm assuming the fact that this also means we can see an opening "random" attack pattern was not thought about.

8 times in a row I have watched this exchange... Sid mass attack, then I attack with my Sid. This is then followed by AI Dooku attacking AND getting an assist from Sid via Captain Phasma's leader ability... you know the ability that procs only 16% of the time, every time?

All I want is honest disclosure instead of false claims, I don't think that's asking too much...
  • Options
    You just need to spend some time reading threads that are already well developed. Read about the random seed numbers, squad order, and action order (if you keep attacking the same character with the same attack then nothing changes. Attack a diff character and then the results will be different) ... Same with squad order. Rearrange your squad in a different order. Etc
  • Options
    As the person above said, someone from cg said a seed is randomly generated (once) which everything runs using it until you either change character positions, which of course has to happen in the event of death. As you saw, using the same position will result in the ai doing the same thing if you move the same as previous.

So, nothing is hidden or false claims, it has been openly stated by official sources.
  • Options
    This explains a lot, thank you for the clarification. I apologize for not reading the other posts first, this is the first time I have seen this.
  • Options
    I wouldn't suppose you could provide some links to these "well-developed" threads that cg responded to, could you?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6490/recent-change-to-galactic-war-open-conversation/p1

Search for seed if you want to quickly see that part. The cg staff guy made the thread and it's stickied as an announcement :) ok, my kids wake up in ~4 hours, almost 2:30 here, sleep time!
  • Options
    I have always experienced this before the level cap update but after the update I think it became more random because I dont get the exact same results every time at the same battle now. I actually witnessed the actions change without changing anything in my squad today. So I think it's improving.
  • Options
    I dont care that we face ridiculous teams by battle 4. I dont care that they changed retreat (I used FC method before anyways). I care about my teams abilities. Can our ability cooldowns be refreshed between battles? Please? The enemy teams do, all of them. I get it. Galactic War is supposed to be hard. And it is. Only completed it 13 times since unlocking it and I'm lvl 62. AND THATS FINE. I don't mind not finishing every day. Top 50 on my server, so my A team is decent (no p2w on my server, or not many, so I know I'd be further down the ranks if there were).

I know this is complaining and whining. I wish it wasn't, but its just not fun to face Sid and Lumi EVERY GAME with his AOE and her heal always ready to go. Insert the rest of the common high tier people (Phasma, Poe, FOTP, etc) or some max star p2w people (Leia, Old Ben, etc.) with all their abilities ready to go, and its just annoying.

The game is supposed to be challenging, and it is. But its also supposed to be fun right? It's already a challenge for most and takes a long time to do 12 battles, restarting some, and with the powerful teams we face, we are going to lose people anyways. Can we please just have out ability cooldowns reset as well between fights? I'm not asking for easier matchups. But if I have to face higher level, better geared/starred, and sometimes p2w heroes, its already hard enough for 12 matches. Can we please just get our ability cooldowns to refresh as well?

Thanks for the read guys. Sorry for the vent/complaint. An especially annoying GW today
  • Options
    Cooldowns not resetting is what makes GW so challenging.
    While I preferred the old system (I didn't use FC) and wished they'd have fixed the buffs/debuff reset on retreat instead, I think that resetting cooldowns would make it way too easy. You already get unlimited Mulligans, there's a way to win almost every GW if you work at it hard enough.

Try throwing 5 cannon fodder toons in on the last few really hard missions to soak up the specials, then once they're dead, send in the A team.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    I dont care that we face ridiculous teams by battle 4. I dont care that they changed retreat (I used FC method before anyways). I care about my teams abilities. Can our ability cooldowns be refreshed between battles? Please? The enemy teams do, all of them. I get it. Galactic War is supposed to be hard. And it is. Only completed it 13 times since unlocking it and I'm lvl 62. AND THATS FINE. I don't mind not finishing every day. Top 50 on my server, so my A team is decent (no p2w on my server, or not many, so I know I'd be further down the ranks if there were).

I know this is complaining and whining. I wish it wasn't, but its just not fun to face Sid and Lumi EVERY GAME with his AOE and her heal always ready to go. Insert the rest of the common high tier people (Phasma, Poe, FOTP, etc) or some max star p2w people (Leia, Old Ben, etc.) with all their abilities ready to go, and its just annoying.

The game is supposed to be challenging, and it is. But its also supposed to be fun right? It's already a challenge for most and takes a long time to do 12 battles, restarting some, and with the powerful teams we face, we are going to lose people anyways. Can we please just have out ability cooldowns reset as well between fights? I'm not asking for easier matchups. But if I have to face higher level, better geared/starred, and sometimes p2w heroes, its already hard enough for 12 matches. Can we please just get our ability cooldowns to refresh as well?

Thanks for the read guys. Sorry for the vent/complaint. An especially annoying GW today

No, you're complaining that you're facing challenge and it is supposed to be a challenge even though it is not from my perspective. I can finish GW every time without missing a step with Dooku, Daka, JC, Geo, IG86.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think they should do that since it would take away a bit of planning. I personally don't use any abilities near the end of a match unless I have to in order to avoid big damage. That way, they are generally ready to go at or soon after the start of the next battle.

Now what they could do if most want that is maybe have it so you could reset the abilities if you paid some crystals. That way it'd cost someone for the luxury and EA would possibly get cash from it and those of us who don't want it and like the way it is now wouldn't be impacted by it.
  • Options
    All right. I get it. I want it to be a bit more fair ability wise, but I still like the challenge. I don't win every day, and I'm okay with that. Sometimes there just isn't time, sometimes I just get crushed. My B and C teams get eaten, but that's okay. It's supposed to be hard. Refreshing cooldowns would probably make it easier for people, and more of a breeze for some. I could get on board with the idea to pay crystals for an ability refresh, maybe twice a war max.
  • Options
    Two things must remain the same for the battle to repeat exactly:
    1) Your squad
    2) Your moves

So for example if your opening move was Sid AoE the first battle, retreat, then open with Sid basic attack, you'll notice the enemy moves will be different from the two battles.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »

I'm only 49 so I guess take this with a grain of salt, but I'm 5/6 on GW since the change (I do all my wife's GW as well since she hates the game mode). My luck is amazing but my wife gets all the nightmares you read about: 6* purple Luminaras leading big hitters, people 9 or 10 levels higher than her, P2P squads with Old Ben and Darth Maul, and I still manage to pilot her small F2P squad to victory. My tricks:

1) Pawn sacrifice! You don't need to send 5 guys in either. Just two or three is generally enough to absorb all the cooldowns and let your A-team get in there and be unscathed. That's a big advantage and can let your A-team take on enemies several levels/stars/gear levels above you. The Royal Guard, Ewok Scout, and Chewbacca are particularly good for this task so I advise using some droids and leveling them to ~5-9 levels below your A-team. Guys with ton of HP are great. Ewok Scout is nice because he's relatively fast and has passive Evade from his unique, letting him get lucky and deal good chip damage with his CD. This tactic is particularly pivotal versus Old Ben, Count Dooku, Sidious, and Phasma and generally what I do against any team that has more than 4-5 levels on mine.

2) Heal as soon as it's of value (2+ people in the yellow). You want to keep everyone topped off and buy the time to get it off CD.

3) Save other CDs. Always ask yourself: do you REALLY need Force Blast to get a clean KO? Or will a simple Lightsaber Strike do the job? By the same token, watch your turn meter - who looks like they're next to attack? Can you use a basic attack and have the next person mop up? Or do you NEED to burn a CD now in order to make the fight 5-v-4?

4) Prioritize. Single target DPS is your friend. General kill order is to first hit really deadly fast attackers (Dooku, FOTP), then heal blockers (Sid, Anakin), then healers other than Bariss Offee. Save big walls of HP for last (Barriss, Chewie, Poe, Guardian).

5) Along with this - if you don't have the Geonosian Soldier, Darth Sidious, IG-86, Count Dooku, Luke Skywalker, FOTP, Biggs, or other fast single target damage dealers, get them! Luke and the Geo Soldier are fairly easy to farm. You want a team that can kill or near-kill anyone on the first turn.

6) Have at least one AoE-er on the squad though (Sidious or Phasma are good for this), so that if you just miss the KO and they taunt up with Poe/Chewie you can AoE past them and polish off your initial target.

7) If the battle just feels unwinnable by the A-team, send in more pawns or swap around your lineup/positioning to shake up the RNG and soak a big critical attack for you.

8) Luminara or Barriss Offee is always, always, always your leader. That passive heal is crucial. If you don't have them, get them ASAP.

9) Accept that sometimes, the bear gets you and aim for a "good miss". 6 wins is all you need to buy some shards, 10 wins is great, and 12 wins is just good luck. It's not something you are entitled too. If you are getting worn down, play to get the 10 and don't risk your team in the hopes of the 12.
  • Options
    So today I completed my first galactic war and I have 790 tokens. What should I spend them on? Im a lvl 49 who already has 2 healers (JC and Barriss Offee) And ive been pumping all of my tokens into phasma shards. should I stop farming phasma and go all out luminara?
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    shouldn't u been ask this question before you even get Phasma.. Every thread people tell you get Luminara..So this thread wont make a difference..

ask me ten thousand time it will always be Luminara until 7Stars..
  • Options
    I won phasma by being on android and have bought her 5 shards about three times. thanks for the reply though
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    At level 49 You could use a 5* phasma and she would be effective. I would farm Lumni to at least six stars first. Then 5 star your phasma and go back to 7 star Lumni. Just depends how many good characters you already have.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To 7*
    image_zpszuresjmp.png
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    At level 49 You could use a 5* phasma and she would be effective. I would farm Lumni to at least six stars first. Then 5 star your phasma and go back to 7 star Lumni. Just depends how many good characters you already have.

I agree here. I however have Lum already maxed. Phasma is decent for lead and Buffs, long cooldown, good health, not overly fast and not much damage.

Lum Definately Priority over her. I'm not on the Phasma bandwagon. I find her useful but not incredible. Mine is though not priorty so only 5* Purple. Really depends on your build I've seen her work very well.
  • Options
    as previosly stated, that depends on your build: i have splitted for almost two weeks gw's rewards between phasma (now 5*) and lumi (7* just now), and i really regret not having maxed out luminara in the first place.
    That being said, except for arena,i ALWAYS use luminara: she's just that good, kinda like sid.
    Also, keep in mind that phasma has a lot of hp and you should use it for her leader and specials abilities, not as a dps dealer (if she doesn't have advantage she hits like an armless kid) so i don't see much utility in maxing her out.5* is fine, just gear her up
  • Options
    As the title says I was wrong. I'm wrong quite often but in this particular case I'm referring to when I said that CG ruined GW with the new retreat functionality. I still find it rage inducing and fighting the same team 10 times to get the right winning formula is no fun at all, but overall it's better than it was before. It's forced me to think more about strategy and synergies, and as a result of this I've improved as an arena player. So they've won me over on the GW front. Now if only they'd fix the bugs, having Asaji basically rendered useless by her broken special is frustrating when she could be such a useful hero.
  • Options
    How many toons do I need for this?
    I did better at lower levels, now it seems to be Phasma, Dooku/Sid Poe teams earlier and earlier.
    I try the cannon fodder to burn their specials, but going in again they always have the first round. Dooku stuns, multi attacks, then it's just carnage, Sid heal immunity ( I don't have Barriss )
    As I level up, I seem to be going backwards.
    Is GW just P2W?
    Should I be happy with my 600 gems a day and reset and shut up.
    ps,....
    Did The Wookie fail tank school ? Why he only get 1 round of taunt? That's a lose against a Poe team.
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    How many toons do I need for this?
    I did better at lower levels, now it seems to be Phasma, Dooku/Sid Poe teams earlier and earlier.
    I try the cannon fodder to burn their specials, but going in again they always have the first round. Dooku stuns, multi attacks, then it's just carnage, Sid heal immunity ( I don't have Barriss )
    As I level up, I seem to be going backwards.
    Is GW just P2W?
    Should I be happy with my 600 gems a day and reset and shut up.
    ps,....
    Did The Wookie fail tank school ? Why he only get 1 round of taunt? That's a lose against a Poe team.

I'm f2p and haven't failed a single GW since my first one,
  • Options
    If you get 600 gems a day your in top 5 of arena.

And you can't finish gw....

Your server must be amazing....