Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• JoshG wrote: »
    For Poe it's more about gear level than stars. Higher gear gets him the much needed speed bonus to go first and change the whole match. Character lvl 60 is HUGE for him.

Thanks,That makes sense about the gear. Ill give him a shot since theres really no one else i really want to unlock in cantina.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Today I had an oddly easy GW, didn't need to retreat or swap out characters. Lots of Chewie teams....
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    A major problem with small coding companies is that the think tank just doesn't provide enough think......

Regardless of level, as even level 60+ players are complaining.
    I was not playing before GW changes so can only comment on how it is now.

I am currently level 53 fighting and 9th fight in I am against level 58 players.......
    A level 58 players has had a lot more gear farms, character farming shard levels etc etc.
    5 levels difference and only on fight 9 is a massively unfair match.
    Are the developers lazy?
    Are the developers stumped when it comes to balanced game mechanics?
    How on earth was it ever conceived that this way was fair for up and coming players.
    ( if you are going to say all you need is a 3 healer team, then that by itself just proves the mechanics is totally flawed)

It seems to me the developers have no clue how to fix the GW balance issues or just don't care enough.
    GW has totally ruined what I was beginning to think was a fair game.
    As soon as I got into GW and discovered there is no health regain for new fights or ability reset,it makes no logical sense.
    Go fight 12 fights in a row, see if you can win, oh but wait, we will make you keep your cool downs and injury, oh and wait we will make the enemy higher level and higher geared.......
    ^^^^ this is the most idiotah coding for an MMO I have ever come across, it's not even really PVP and the random generator is not random, it will keep same combat log until you change who you attack 1st or change group leader.
    ( Please insert your "oh I'm so awesome and steamroll GW with my level 60 purple geared 3 healer team and I've been playing since release, you are just a noob go LTP )

Peace.
  • I'm so awesome and steamroll GW with my level 64 purple geared 4 healer team and I've been playing since release, you are just a noob go LTP
  • Um, reposting from another thread just clutters up the forum. I agreed with your similar post in the other thread but do you really need another thread?

BTW, I really don't get all the harsh language against devs, other players etc. Some players are always asking for it, and I can understand someone getting mad with them but why don't we leave the devs out of the insults? As far as I can see, they are changing the game and I understand that change will be perpetual in a game like this. The earlier GW was better but force close and the retreat getting rid of buffs, debuffs was not working as a game design the way the devs wanted. This is worse for some of us but let's be civil here.

That said, all for and against, you may continue repeating the same arguments and insults in the other threads in this old wine in a new bottle thread. Enjoy!
  • After so,e time to adjust to the change I think GW is fine. I almost like it better now.
  • Um, reposting from another thread just clutters up the forum. I agreed with your similar post in the other thread but do you really need another thread?

BTW, I really don't get all the harsh language against devs, other players etc. Some players are always asking for it, and I can understand someone getting mad with them but why don't we leave the devs out of the insults? As far as I can see, they are changing the game and I understand that change will be perpetual in a game like this. The earlier GW was better but force close and the retreat getting rid of buffs, debuffs was not working as a game design the way the devs wanted. This is worse for some of us but let's be civil here.

That said, all for and against, you may continue repeating the same arguments and insults in the other threads in this old wine in a new bottle thread. Enjoy!

The original thread was out of context, I had more to add.
    If at first you don't succeed , try and try again.
    The questions about developers is legitimate.
    If it was my company, I would want answers as obviously the current state of GW is not fair to new player base.
    Bringing issues to light makes way for improvements.
    I am being quite civil considering the $500 I have spent so far on supporting this game.
  • I'm so awesome and steamroll GW with my level 64 purple geared 4 healer team and I've been playing since release, you are just a noob go LTP

Hahaha :lol:

Hahaha :lol:
    He had to cut and paste the big words.

• Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    After so,e time to adjust to the change I think GW is fine. I almost like it better now.

What level player are you?
    Adjusting you say, would suggest you are higher than 53.....
    There is no adjusting against 5 levels of difference unless you are adjusting the coffin lids?
  • I don't really care about the change of 'Retreat' anymore. Yeah - I liked the old way better - but I can live with this. I agree with the OP, though - matchmaking is messed up. Even at level 62 it is frustrating. From battle 4 on I face all teams that are at my level or higher. After the fourth or fifth time fighting basically the same Phasma / Sidious / Dooku / Luminara / Daka team (sometimes with Poe or 6* Geonosian or FOTP mixed in there for extra fun!) it gets beyond frustrating to try to make it through the match without losing vital characters, with health at some respectable level - oh and of course abilities relatively close to cool-down for the next match. We're supposed to be enjoying this, right?

I still complete it every day but instead of being something enjoyable it's a ridiculous exercise in frustration and retreating to try to get decent RNG - because it often is all or nothing. Either I get a favorable "roll" of the RNG - or literally 5 attacks in a row Phasma triggers bonus attacks.

This used to be a fun game. Sucks that they screwed up the best part of it.
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    After so,e time to adjust to the change I think GW is fine. I almost like it better now.

There is no adjusting against 5 levels of difference unless you are adjusting the coffin lids?

I'm lvl 64. Yeah GW was rough before I got to old lvl 60 cap but even then that was such a short time compared to how long I was at level 60 it didn't really seem like a big deal.

I've probably spent about as much as you have on this game, maybe a little less but I would rather have the Devs balancing and working on things for end game/new patches then worrying about new players getting screwed on GW when if you just keep playing the game and doing dailies you are going to reach level cap eventually regardless of GW performance.

In short, I was in the same boat for a while it **** I survived and it was such a small part of my overall experience with the game I personally don't find it to be a big deal.

I'm lvl 64. Yeah GW was rough before I got to old lvl 60 cap but even then that was such a short time compared to how long I was at level 60 it didn't really seem like a big deal.

I've probably spent about as much as you have on this game, maybe a little less but I would rather have the Devs balancing and working on things for end game/new patches then worrying about new players getting screwed on GW when if you just keep playing the game and doing dailies you are going to reach level cap eventually regardless of GW performance.

In short, I was in the same boat for a while it **** I survived and it was such a small part of my overall experience with the game I personally don't find it to be a big deal.

Far enough, and by far the most mature explanation I have seen on these forums yet.
    The force is strong in you.
    Appreciated.
  • "Whaaaaa. I suck at the game. Whaaaaa" should be the title of your thread.
  • Im level 54, a light spender(use energy refreshes only) and have completed GW every time bar the first when i didnt know what i was doing.

Frankly, i think the balance is just right-it should be tough, not a handout, to reward players that employ both long term strategy in their character choices/allocation of resources, and short term battle strategy

Last GW was my hardest yet, 2 lv 60 teams against my lv52s(since my squad arena team gets slight priority over GW chars) and generally tough teams from 6 onward. For the first time in a while i had to delve into fodder teams, mix and match my characters a lot to get the desired balance,etc but i still prevailed.

If the game wasnt challenging, it would be no fun
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It is true that the opponent selection in GW is weird. I am currently level 52, completely f2p, and usually finish GW just with my main team. So while you get too hard opponents, i find mine too easy... Might be because I have some uderleveled characters who reduce my overall power, but who knows for sure?
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    Im level 54, a light spender(use energy refreshes only) and have completed GW every time bar the first when i didnt know what i was doing.

Frankly, i think the balance is just right-it should be tough, not a handout, to reward players that employ both long term strategy in their character choices/allocation of resources, and short term battle strategy

Last GW was my hardest yet, 2 lv 60 teams against my lv52s(since my squad arena team gets slight priority over GW chars) and generally tough teams from 6 onward. For the first time in a while i had to delve into fodder teams, mix and match my characters a lot to get the desired balance,etc but i still prevailed.

Sorry bud, but I don't believe you.
    Level 52 toons blow against level 60 purples.
    You can't even wear many purple mods, your team would be down on power big time.
    I have lots of level 48-50 toons, they get one shotted by AOE after Old Bens debuff and ability lock out.
    I have lots of fun in balanced games, this game is far from balanced.
    Challenging does not make ludicrous fun.

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    From what I know, GW was meant to be hard. I struggled with GW as well. Some days only managing getting past 3/4 of the way. Others days doing better or worst.

But that is not important.

Should the Developers make the game more simpler ?? Should the Developers give 100% drop rates so that we get what we want all the time ??

There is a balance to the game, and if u seriously don't like this game, get a life and move on
  • Looooki wrote: »
    From what I know, GW was meant to be hard. I struggled with GW as well. Some days only managing getting past 3/4 of the way. Others days doing better or worst.

Should the Developers make the game more simpler ?? Should the Developers give 100% drop rates so that we get what we want all the time ??

There is a balance to the game, and if u seriously don't like this game, get a life and move on
    I've spent $500 on this game
    I want return for my investment.
    Read the OP.
    It's about balance in level matches.
    Games simple enough, it's the balance in match making I am talking about.
    100% drop rates? .......huh?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »

I've spent $500 on this game
    I want return for my investment.
    Read the OP.
    It's about balance in level matches.
    Games simple enough, it's the balance in match making I am talking about.
    100% drop rates? .......huh?

Wow, returns in what ??
    Does the Developers own u anything now ??
  • If you have spent $500, then you should clear it easily. Show me hour toon lineup because if you arent clearing you werent very smart with how you spent that money

A couple teams of 52-54 purple gear 5 star good toons does fine against 60s controlled by the AI with similar/slightly lesser stars and gear. Not for the whole GW but 2 battles is managable.

If your coming up against 6 star purple old bens/leia/qgj/fotp etc thats different but i doubt thats the case
  • Ptolemy wrote: »
    If you have spent $500, then you should clear it easily. Show me hour toon lineup because if you arent clearing you werent very smart with how you spent that money

A couple teams of 52-54 purple gear 5 star good toons does fine against 60s controlled by the AI with similar/slightly lesser stars and gear. Not for the whole GW but 2 battles is managable.

If your coming up against 6 star purple old bens/leia/qgj/fotp etc thats different but i doubt thats the case

I disagree, you need the healers. You get stronger by gear, starring up and ability upgrade. There is massive difference between lvl3 and lvl 6 abilities. Even if you spend $1000, it takes time to up the toons to the sufficient level in everything. It takes about a month tho with some refreshes.

So instant gratification guys please, leave it. GW is max level content. Period. While being in high school and crying about not getting graduate jobs lol.

• I don't complain.. I've won 13 GW in a row even with the 'new' system..
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    Im level 54, a light spender(use energy refreshes only) and have completed GW every time bar the first when i didnt know what i was doing.

Sorry bud, but I don't believe you.
    Level 52 toons blow against level 60 purples.
    You can't even wear many purple mods, your team would be down on power big time.
    I have lots of level 48-50 toons, they get one shotted by AOE after Old Bens debuff and ability lock out.
    I have lots of fun in balanced games, this game is far from balanced.
    Challenging does not make ludicrous fun.

Lmao this guy again. I've spend $500 so I'm entitled to finish gw every time. And when somebody beats gw with less resources he's a liar! It's ok if you can't finish gw, just play on untill you can. Gear up, get some healers and stop whining.
    Yes I have a f2p level 63 account, but I also have a f2p level 55 account. I struggled for 2 days with my second account but I adapted and finish gw everyday now.

Get a refund or suck it up.
  • I hardly comment anymore on forums. People seem to get angry all the time about a game.
    I have both F2P and P2P accounts. My F2P is level 62, but I have only Lumi at level 59, a non-geared droid at 56, the rest is 53 and below. I face level 60+ on GW and don't have a hard time. I've finished GW 29 times. I don't finish it everyday because I focus on P2P account (obviously), which I have finished 33 times.
    Here's my char sheet on F2P:

2upd2qp.jpg

And here Achiev screen:

34njw4n.jpg

Oh, btw, my P2P account is waaaaay better, and I've finished GW only 4 times more. So I don't see any reason to put more weight over the devs, since it's an awesome "mobile" game, not a MMO.
  • I don't have problems finishing GW for some time but I don't like when it mismatches you with teams many levels over you. Battles should be difficult, but not like this. If they mixed this, many would be happier...
  • That is definitely a design flaw if you are facing a team that is 5 levels higher than you and especially only on the ninth fight. I think the randomness of the opponents is the main issue with the mode since you can breeze through one day until the end and then the next day get a similarly powerful team early on.

Regarding cooldowns and health not regenerating between battles, I am fine with that and it doesn't really factor in once you have a built up team.

All I can say is GW got a lot easier once I got my top 5 characters maxed out level wise and elite geared and also got a 6th to that level and I'm completing it every day now since the change. I'm pure f2p

I am with you that it should be set up in a way to help out people who aren't near the upper range since they are the people who need the rewards the most to build up their squad.
  • So it's now common knowledge about the RNG seed in GW where if you restart a battle after retreating you will get the same exact results (if you perform the same actions).

But I did notice that during matches where the AI goes first you can create a new "timeline" simply by switching your target before the AI starts the battle.

Example: The battle opens and my target is on the default position (in this case the AI leader, Sid). Sid opens with his regular attack and puts a healing immunity on one of my toons (who suffered some damage in the previous battle). Everything goes downhill from there and I decide to retreat and restart the battle.

This time before Sid takes his first turn I move my target over to a different enemy. Now instead of inflicting a healing immunity Sid starts off with his AoE attack and everything is changed from this point on.

I'm not sure if this has already been identified (I did try searching the forums) but I thought this might be helpful to those who find GW to be challenging. Thanks!
  • I noticed this as well. Also rotating the position of your characters changes things as well.
    TNR Co-Founder
  • Yes thank you of course I meant to say that this would be an alternative to switching character positions - thanks again!