Old Ben's not dead: Mod right! Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I've spent plenty. But that is a good question. Ask any ftp with palp.
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Palp lead isn't the best leadership in this game. There are characters like sunfac, Rex and B2 which are important to control the enemy.
  • Options
    So what are the suggested mods for Ben? I read the posts...did I miss it?
  • Options
    You want a tonne of potency... And a fast ST Han. Job done.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nightwolve wrote: »
    The other question is: Why should u be at first rank when u don't spend money to this game? ;)

Because it's relatively easy to compete with spending players?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It's a solid win, but that same team you beat on defense wouldve obliterated your Old Ben team on offense. OG Han's AI must be configured improperly; a human playing that team would've targeted either QGJ or Rey, not RG. The match was lost on defense with that first shot OG Han took at RG.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    The other question is: Why should u be at first rank when u don't spend money to this game? ;)

What he's saying is that spending cash puts you ahead of the curve. The curve at the minute is speed secondaries on mods. Spending gets you ahead.
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Yes, good answer! And that's why EA should do something to protect the people who spent lots of money to this game!!!!
    If i pay for a Porsche it shouldn't be that a Nissan is faster!!!
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It is if you buy a porche knowing a nissan will eventually be just as fast. Look at the old rally cars getting beat by astra's. You can't say that you weren't aware ftp would eventually catch up.

The best analogy I can think of is that of buying a kit car. You can buy one ready made and drive it home from the dealership, or you can spend 10 months in your garage building it and pay alot less. The end product is the same.
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For this game u don't need much skill. I played Starcraft for many years and was succesfull.
    You are right, many F2p are crying here, they want to have the fast success without spending money or patience! That's poor and annoying....
    EA should be aware of a new kind of boring goh-time, if they give too much credits for everyone.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Yes, good answer! And that's why EA should do something to protect the people who spent lots of money to this game!!!!
    If i pay for a Porsche it shouldn't be that a Nissan is faster!!!

I actually agree, eventhough i'm strickly f2p myself. Too little advantage for too much money. This is super beneficial for the f2p player like myself, so i'm kinda happy with it. But in all honesty, p2p should get more in return for their money. But it's an unpopular oppinion, we f2p players like to devaluate accomplisments done by p2p players, think every event is made for p2p players etc etc. Should be fun Reading those comments when you're p2p :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    For me, the events aren't fun, because they give Character shards to us, we already own....
    EA doesn't support enough the p2p in every way.
    A "normal f2p" shouldn't win this event, except of them who farmed the right characters in the past( some of them are weak in arena).
  • Joshmayer5555
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It is if you buy a porche knowing a nissan will eventually be just as fast. Look at the old rally cars getting beat by astra's. You can't say that you weren't aware ftp would eventually catch up.

The best analogy I can think of is that of buying a kit car. You can buy one ready made and drive it home from the dealership, or you can spend 10 months in your garage building it and pay alot less. The end product is the same.

Can I say that the driver is equally important? A formula 1 car is fast as hell, but the car is designed to generate enough heat in the tyres and down force at the right speed in the corners otherwise it would spin out, and u would only know that if you're a formula 1 driver, or if u watched one or the top gear episodes.

https://youtu.be/EGUZJVY-sHo

*note a yoda reference in the video

Pay to learn, don't pay to play. Some whales are abit like Hammond, who spent and had all the uber toons, but cant take a simple corner, because you need to always learn first, which is what a lot of f2p go through as they have to do the whole boring grind up.
    For this game u don't need much skill. I played Starcraft for many years and was succesfull.
    You are right, many F2p are crying here, they want to have the fast success without spending money or patience! That's poor and annoying....
    EA should be aware of a new kind of boring goh-time, if they give too much credits for everyone.

1. Not literal skills like hand eye coordination, but thinking, which is a skill many lack these days.... What people are good at these days are....

2. Whingeing. ... Which is a skill that many posses... However they should acquire this skill called....

3. Learning.... Which is something people should pick up more..... Which is why I am

4. Sharing.... Which is the point of this thread... That people people misinterpret as

5. Bragging .... Which at times I admit I am.... Because when u beat a porsche driving a volvo family wagon, it is some what a feat... But actually what I did was to gasconade, which in actual fact carries the same meaning but is politer because most would not be familiar which the word gasconade as it was used mostly in the mid 17 centuries.

Again in this reply I have achieved my main intention, to share.... In gasconading terms, to teach. You would have learned a new word as well as a bunch of other car related stuff which you will find ur own relevance to this game.

I rest my case.

aRNGena King
    Josh Mayer
    P/s: and @bubbafrombama no, Josh Mayer is definitely not my real name, my real name is bond..... James bond
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf Rey. 6 months ago
  • Options
  • Options

Thanks for the bump? If that was ur intention. Unless Otherwise your intention was to putting a 'full stop' signalling the end of this discussion?
  • Options
    Lol, who says, that starcraft isn't about thinking, didn't have played it ever.
    Iam at rank 1-2 since november. Thank you for teaching me, how i have to play this "difficult" game.....
  • Options
    Just keep buying those crystals nightwolve, You will do fine.
  • Options
    Just keep crying, wal-mart kid.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @GeorgeRules No idea what that guy in 3rd is doing lol. Also wait till you see Wiggs teams.

The guy in 3rd has the best defending droids on the shard. Doh. Nebit teams drop to the twenties every night. This dude doesn't leave top ten but rarely. I have seen him hold top 5 over 24 hrs before.... when u got the right mods, u can run whoever u want, lol. Before this, he used Jawa as the fifth and it was also the best defending droid team on the server at that time.

BTW we got rex leads galore. I rarely run a full droid team, either.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What is all this walmart kid stuff? It isn't an insult that you've paid so much for mods wolve, just an observation unless you got really lucky.... And yea that is your only edge in the game atm.
  • Options
    I saw some where...palps (L) stun, phasma slow, Old ben remove TM, DPS DPS. I guess u could us say magma trooper too. Keep other team at 0 for a few of your turns.
  • Options
    I saw some where...palps (L) stun, phasma slow, Old ben remove TM, DPS DPS. I guess u could us say magma trooper too. Keep other team at 0 for a few of your turns.

Interesting
  • Options
    I haven't seen an old Ben lead since palp came out. He's so dead
  • Options
    Ackbar> Wedge( his AoE is terrible).

I like people who go against the grain, but calling his AoE terrible is a bit exaggerating too much isnt it?

Yusssss. Always...never...everytime...RNG... Often unfairly used.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Am I the only one that sees John Mayer when reading these threads?
  • Options

Naw. Isn't this THE Arena King?
  • Options
    How dare you call him by his name!!! We are all unworthy! My sincere apologies, your highness.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i have both EP and Old Ben max'd and as far as Arena goes -- for me (early Feb shard) -- OB is a far more valuable leader... but i still slot EP in there as well, just not at leader, not yet at least.. time-permitting i can take 1st spot pretty much every day of the week... until i find a more effective leader/comp that gets me those tasty 500 Crystals daily, i'm gonna stick with the maligned OB.
  • Options
    Old Ben is dead, an Old Ben Lead Team va Droids will lose 80%.

An droid Team with b2 or Rex Team with ani Sun Lando and palp and u habe absoluty no Chance with Old Ben