The Ewok Event - (Comments\Questions) * Merged Threads)

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Pxwer wrote: »
    Both tiers are really easy but the rewards are very very low :(

So, 150k credits, up to 18 shards and a bit of gear for something which is free and easy to complete repeatably, and you consider it bad rewards?

• Options
    Nich0142 wrote: »
    First time this event came around someone posted an excellent walk through guide. Can someone repost or provide link. Thanks!!

This is a very different event to the original... I certainly dont remember the whole 'death' ewoks last time... all you need is a decent AE (Palps ideally who owns this event) and enough firepower to bring down the Elder(s) to mitigate to many revives.. if you do get a some 'death' ewoks revived take down asap.. rinse repeat
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    PiggieFace wrote: »
    RyanRen wrote: »
    So an easy $2M+ doesn't do it for you?

I got $150k on each tier. What gives?
    If you beat the event last time, it won't give you the first time rewards again. Those getting 2 mil ate getting the first time rewards.

Ah, cheers.

• Options
    Thank God for those droids More challanges that use droids please...also the rewards on gear are hilariously small, i did 6 runs so far in 2 days and got 1 single pieces for a item i kinda needed....
  • Options
    I didn't get to complete this first time around as my Droids were not levelled/geared. This time, my 5 star gear 8 level 65 EP made it a breeze. I also ran RG 6 star lvl 75 gear 8, Vader 5 star level 72 gear 8, 6 star level 67 IG86, and 7 star gear 8 magna level 80.

I am now 4 shards from 6 star Vader!
  • Options
    Droids with Vader...won every time so far...both tiers...
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    33nchsp.png

Free to play, all the way!

L - HK, Darth Vader, 88, 86, RG
  • Options
    First endor assault didnt finish any but now its Very doable, own both difficulties with no issue, thank ea.
    Plumpatine make everything trivial now.......whooooops
    the cake is a lie
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It comes down to the RNG. Some attempts were brutal, others easier. Also pay attention to the battles. Some are easy if you have an AOE in reserve. Skulls over scouts head, AOE! Don't just tap tap tap and watch tv. Lol

IMHO, MVP's are Darth Vaders crushing blow/ability block, and RG's auto taunt and stun.
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Even if you are running an op Palp lead, it takes a while with EE's tenacity and his revive. It takes me a while to finish it on t2.

Edit - time your aoe's. Don't automatically use them all. Save one or more for the last wave.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    33nchsp.png

Free to play, all the way!

L - HK, Darth Vader, 88, 86, RG

Well done, good sir. Bravo.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    • HK47 (L) - lvl 70, 5*, gear VII (only 3 1 star mods) also not maxed abilities
    • IG88 - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (4 5 star defence and health mods) also not maxed abilities
    • IG86 - lvl 70, 7*, gear VII (3 3 star defence & health mods) also not maxed abilities
    • Darth Vader - lvl 80, 7*, gear X (5 1 star maxed speed mods) maxed abilities
    • Magma Trooper - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (5 1 star tenacity mods maxed) not maxed abilities.
    Overall team power 29,519 (nowhere close to my arena team level).

@Boo You've got a 7* Vader?

Woops - no I meant 6* - I'll edit that post, lol - good catch (getting there though, but not quite there yet)

@Boo You've got a 6* Magma Trooper? ;)

Ha ha - no 7* magma trooper.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Troops - I have started a poll regarding the need for tiered events - under the Events Feedback section.

If you believe these events should be tailored to lower tiers, please feel free to vote on the poll so that EA can get the appropriate feedback on this.

I have beaten this event, as I have said, but certainly feel for the players on the lower scale of things.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Nich0142 wrote: »
    First time this event came around someone posted an excellent walk through guide. Can someone repost or provide link. Thanks!!

Its on youtube - not hard to find with a simple search.
  • Options
    Is ewok elder in stage 8 of tier 2 un-stunnable? I can land every other negative status effect on him except stun... just bad rng for me?
  • Options
    It actually seems a lot harder for me on the second playthrough than the first. Having a lot of trouble beating it the second time around.
  • Options
    Is ewok elder in stage 8 of tier 2 un-stunnable? I can land every other negative status effect on him except stun... just bad rng for me?

I haven't been able to stun him either. I can stun Chirpa, but not Elder. Ability block works on him, though.
  • Options
    Almost beat T2, the final battle was a real jack in the box. I AOE, they die, come back as Kylo, all counters. Also, battle 4 of T2, the Ewok Elders can res eachother at full health. Very ANNOYING!! lol
  • Options
    AOEs definitely help with this. Ran Vader, Palps, Tarkin, IG-88, and Royal Guard. Just made sure they were all off cooldown going into wave 8 and it really helped with the resurrected fuzzballs.
  • Options
    I didn't read the entire thread as I can only gather by reading the last page what's being said....

I just wanted to say thank you for the cool event. The 2nd tier was tricky at parts but the difficulty was tuned right I think. The credits and Omega were definitely appreciated, other gear was cool too; thanks folks at EA!

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    I somehow missed the sticky and posted this on a separate thread. It looks like that's gone now, quite rightly (bad Sifu!). If there was ever any doubt of how effective AoE is, then this should cement it.
    5 droids
    5 AoEs
    0 casualties
    Auto
    https://youtu.be/Pit5Jf9rG5A
    Fingers crossed for a Tier 3 next time. Thanks for the shards guys!
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    Tried it last time it came out and got smashed, tried again today now I've geared up and leveled up my empire characters and it's pretty clear average players will always be unable to complete this event so I won't bother in future it's just a waste of time
  • Options
    Quixotic wrote: »
    Is it me or is this event not fun. Again.
    It's hard, but not scaled for players other than very high end. If you're still in triple digit arena numbers, don't bother, right?
    Way to phone it in again, EA.

Anyhow, another wasted event for me. It's pretty bad when credit heist is the most fun I have seen them pull off as an "Event" so far. I'd give honorable mention to droids too, but nobody cares about them.

I do hope someone out there had a nail-biting, edge-of-the-seat experience.... But... I doubt there's enough of them to run up a nasty bill at Denny's

Don't hate just because you're not on the same level as MANY other players. You don't just join the NFL or MLB off the street, it's called progressive play...not entitlement.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Pxwer wrote: »
    Both tiers are really easy but the rewards are very very low :(

So, 150k credits, up to 18 shards and a bit of gear for something which is free and easy to complete repeatably, and you consider it bad rewards?

no ones cares about the shards, the only " good " thing are the credits, and the gears is a joke, only 1
  • BAMFer
    89 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    This time, my 5 star gear 8 level 65 EP made it a breeze. I also ran RG 6 star lvl 75 gear 8, Vader 5 star level 72 gear 8, 6 star level 67 IG86, and 7 star gear 8 magna level 80.

Level 8 of tier 2 is a bear. 18k hits from teddy bears ... are you kidding me?? But I finally figured it out from reading some advice in other threads. I was making the mistake of trying to take out Elder first and the scouts were tearing me apart.

Elder and Chirpa don't do nearly as much damage as the scouts. Kill all the scouts with AoE first and then kill them immediately whenever Elder revives them. Hit Elder whenever you get the chance, but there's not too much rush about killing him. Kill the scouts first and keep them as dead as possible. Save an AoE for when you kill Elder and he revives everyone. Chirpa isn't much of a problem.

EP (L), 5*, LVL 78, G9
    IG86, 7*, LVL 73, G8
    IG88, 6*, LVL70, G8
    DV, 5*, LVL 60, G7
    RG, 5*, LVL 73, G8
  • Options
    News flash..you DO NOT need EP to beat either tier. Not sure why some folks are suggesting that this is an EP or whale event. You can run it with F2P toons, yes I said F2P (not that EP isn't F2P, he is as long as you've built up the toons needed to get him). HK,88, 86, RG, and Vader (or magnatrooper) are all available to farm, and are pretty easy to do so. Just because you have not focused on building these toons up DOES NOT mean that this is a whale event.

I like the event, and I agree with those above who said tier 2 should be harder... OR make a tier 3 with MASSIVE rewards that is MASSIVELY difficult. Overall, very pleased with this event. Good job EA/CG!

P.S.
    Not yelling in post, just putting emphasis.

a Tier 3 would have been good.
  • Options
    They should call this event, "Whack a mole" lol
  • Options
    Managed to complete the bonus tier with a 5* team this morning. Took a few attempts but got there in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRA4netJmMo
  • Options
    Guys check this out some help https://youtu.be/HqgOeQRDA64
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Even if you are running an op Palp lead, it takes a while with EE's tenacity and his revive. It takes me a while to finish it on t2.

Edit - time your aoe's. Don't automatically use them all. Save one or more for the last wave.

You can use the event ability to cycle through your turns on wave 7 to set up perfectly for wave 8
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!