The Ewok Event - (Comments\Questions) * Merged Threads)

12345679Next

Replies

• Options
    Adam1983 wrote: »
    Tried it last time it came out and got smashed, tried again today now I've geared up and leveled up my empire characters and it's pretty clear average players will always be unable to complete this event so I won't bother in future it's just a waste of time

Same here, got pasted last time, this time I managed to clear both tiers, felt challenging but not 'bashing my head against the wall' difficult.

btw, has there been any word (here, Reddit, wherever) as to what the next event will be? Takes so long to get set up for these, it'd be nice if we got as much notice as possible.
  • Options
    I thought it ended already. I just got a notification that today was the last day.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Uhhh where is it? It got pulled early. Today should be the last day but it is gone. I even got a notification saying to play it cause it is the last day but I go to it and the event is already gone?!!!
  • Options
    Uhhh where is it? It got pulled early. Today should be the last day but it is gone. I even got a notification saying to play it cause it is the last day but I go to it and the event is already gone?!!!

Same here
  • Options
    It should be still up but for some reason they ended it early
  • Options
    recall that it also started early. They are apparently not basing their calendars on USA.
  • Options
    I thought events were based on UTC time from now on or something?
    I did three days of the event, I think that was what was promised?
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Here's what Jesse posted prior to the event:

>Hey Everyone,
    >Here are the update notes for 9/13/2016
    >Assault Battles: Forest Moon
    >Return to the Forest Moon is starting September 15th. This event will run for 3 days, is balanced for 5 >characters at level 78+, and requires either Empire or Droid characters.

So, yes, three days were promised and delivered, though it started on Sep. 14 in the US.
  • Options
    Yeah, we got it for three days. The notification was just confusing considering it was long gone.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Well ... all i can say is:
    Lvl 80 7* IG-88 G8
    Lvl 80 7* IG-86 G9
    Lvl 80 7* RG G9
    (+2 random level 1's to unlock it)
    dont do it ... they die in last encounter tier 1 ...
    Will do it next time, for now it doesnt attract me enough to farm/level/gear chars i dont want to ...
    *) added Lvl 52 6* IG-100 G7 ... Event Tier 1 done with 1* but done!
    *) added Lvl 53 4* Snowtrooper G7 ... Event Bonustier done with 2*, Tier 1 3*
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    ****, the second tier looked for me like a game of chase.

After 1-2 hours of tries i managed to finish tier 2 with this team:

Level 72 HK 47 7* G8
    Level 73 IG-86 7* G8
    Level 73 IG-88 6* G8
    Level 73 RG 5* G8
    Level 66 DW 5* G8

Brutal but managed to finish it ...

• Options
    ****, the second tier looked for me like a game of chase.

After 1-2 hours of tries i managed to finish tier 2 with this team:

Level 72 HK 47 7* G8
    Level 73 IG-86 7* G8
    Level 73 IG-88 6* G8
    Level 73 RG 5* G8
    Level 66 DW 5* G8

Brutal but managed to finish it ...

Yep, it was "Whack-a-Ewok". Trying over and over seems to be the winning move. Keep pulling that lever and see if you get all cherries or lemons lol

• Options
    My only problem was last part of T2 when the elder would res a deadly scout with full TM who one shot one of my chars. And it happened all too often. And then at chirpa i didn't have enough damage to finish it off through his auto-healing ... annoying as hell.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    So I'll weigh in here as well, why not?

This is far from a pay-only event. Last time I managed to beat both tiers even though I had no Emperor, with Tarkin 7*VIII, Vader 5*VIII, RG 7*VII, SnowT 7*VII, IG-86 7*VIII, all between L70-72. I did absolutely no elaborate spending to get these characters. All you need is to put in the time. If you would like to see what others used last time, see this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/51573/where-you-able-to-complete-forest-moon-event

The last time this event came around was July 4. This time around the difficulty felt completely unchanged. The only change was the skull targets over the deadly scouts. It was quite difficult last time for me, even after learning that the scouts were the ones you needed to worry about. It was a deadly game of whack-a-mole. Drop the scouts as quickly as possible, stun/block the elders as much as possible, and manage your AOE. It can be done.

The only reason it was easier for me this time is because my squad is now much improved with gear, levels, and mods. Oh, and then adding the Emperor made it way, way easier. The event itself is still as hard as it ever was, but the long-time players have better squads now.

You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to do well at this event. You just need the right heroes. If you don't have them, you'll just have give the event a miss. Maybe you will have the right squad for the next event. And maybe you should take the hint that these events are generally faction-based, and if you don't farm squads by faction, well maybe you should consider it.

I think you hit it on the head. The stats and mechanics are literally the same as before, except ~25% higher to account for mods. The combo of clarity for deadly units + more prep time + Palpatine makes this seem really easy, but as others have said here if you're not properly prepared it's pretty difficult. Having said that, looking at the data (admittedly, only a few hours worth so far) the second tier is too easy. I'll likely make the bonus tier more difficult next time, but not by a huge margin.
    Are u freaking kidding me?? Just make it harder every time so my wk on chars in between means nothing & is never enough. I managed to beat tier 1 this time with a lot of eftort but could not beat tier 2. Level 8 (when I got there) was Impossible! Elders kept reviving eachother at full health & chirpa was on steroids. Had 6* Palp, 5* Vader, 7* RG, ig88 & ig66. Also so sick of people saying this is too easy & that's too easy when most of us are pulling our hair out trying to beat these things & failing.
  • Options
    There's only one elder on level 8.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    So I'll weigh in here as well, why not?

This is far from a pay-only event. Last time I managed to beat both tiers even though I had no Emperor, with Tarkin 7*VIII, Vader 5*VIII, RG 7*VII, SnowT 7*VII, IG-86 7*VIII, all between L70-72. I did absolutely no elaborate spending to get these characters. All you need is to put in the time. If you would like to see what others used last time, see this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/51573/where-you-able-to-complete-forest-moon-event

The last time this event came around was July 4. This time around the difficulty felt completely unchanged. The only change was the skull targets over the deadly scouts. It was quite difficult last time for me, even after learning that the scouts were the ones you needed to worry about. It was a deadly game of whack-a-mole. Drop the scouts as quickly as possible, stun/block the elders as much as possible, and manage your AOE. It can be done.

The only reason it was easier for me this time is because my squad is now much improved with gear, levels, and mods. Oh, and then adding the Emperor made it way, way easier. The event itself is still as hard as it ever was, but the long-time players have better squads now.

You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to do well at this event. You just need the right heroes. If you don't have them, you'll just have give the event a miss. Maybe you will have the right squad for the next event. And maybe you should take the hint that these events are generally faction-based, and if you don't farm squads by faction, well maybe you should consider it.

I think you hit it on the head. The stats and mechanics are literally the same as before, except ~25% higher to account for mods. The combo of clarity for deadly units + more prep time + Palpatine makes this seem really easy, but as others have said here if you're not properly prepared it's pretty difficult. Having said that, looking at the data (admittedly, only a few hours worth so far) the second tier is too easy. I'll likely make the bonus tier more difficult next time, but not by a huge margin.
    Are u freaking kidding me?? Just make it harder every time so my wk on chars in between means nothing & is never enough. I managed to beat tier 1 this time with a lot of eftort but could not beat tier 2. Level 8 (when I got there) was Impossible! Elders kept reviving eachother at full health & chirpa was on steroids. Had 6* Palp, 5* Vader, 7* RG, ig88 & ig66. Also so sick of people saying this is too easy & that's too easy when most of us are pulling our hair out trying to beat these things & failing.

and here i thought military might was unintended difficulty, turnout ewok way easier than dev planned
    i think ewok difficulties(both tier) is perfect balance
    the cake is a lie
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    My only problem was last part of T2 when the elder would res a deadly scout with full TM who one shot one of my chars. And it happened all too often. And then at chirpa i didn't have enough damage to finish it off through his auto-healing ... annoying as hell.

Yep - then they all came back when he died - how can he revive them when he's dead???

I had Chirpa left to go and my remaining team was Vader (6*, Gear 10 and full abilities and speed mods) and Magna Trooper (7*, Gear 8 lvl 7 abilities and full tenacity mods). Together they couldn't beat Chirpa!!! It was ridiculous!!

Since when can Darth Vader alone not be able to kill a dang Ewok????
  • Options
    I know the event is over, but I was rather surprised at how easy the Bonus Tier was.

Below is my gameplay video of my rather ho-hum squad easily defeating the Bonus Tier of this event.

Basically, if you had AoE, you would have no problem with this event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1E_r9WxbE