The Ewok Event - (Comments\Questions) * Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    I actually enjoyed the event as it was something different, however it is rather easy with the Emperor as lead. I 3 starred the bonus tier half asleep at 2am with

52 5* Vader gear 7 unmodded
    68 6* 86 gear 8 unmodded
    66 5* 88 gear 8 with varying 3-1 dot mods

I don't think the bonus tier was made with these in mind :)
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/52tli3/thoughts_on_the_reworked_ewok_event/d7ngxm9
    Capgasp
    The key difference between these events is systematic versus mechanical difficulty. Empire Assault has no gimmick to the waves besides stats, so it becomes pretty binary. Either you have the stats to survive or you don't. Ewok Assault has a really heavy lean on a unique mechanic (the "deadly" Ewoks). If you don't have good AoE, you will get destroyed by the deadly ones. But if you do you should only have to think about the boss fights. That said, I do agree T2 is maybe not hard enough. I will analzye the results before we run it again, and if it was too easy I can look at ways to make it more challenging without throwing out the uniqueness of the mechanics.
  • Options
    Kylanith wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed the event as it was something different, however it is rather easy with the Emperor as lead. I 3 starred the bonus tier half asleep at 2am with

52 5* Vader gear 7 unmodded
    68 6* 86 gear 8 unmodded
    66 5* 88 gear 8 with varying 3-1 dot mods

I don't think the bonus tier was made with these in mind :)

@Kylanith What was your 5th character? I'm trying to invest as little as possible into a squad to beat the 2nd tier challenge, and looking for what's been used.

My current team is good enough to 3-star tier 1, but not enough to beat stage 4 of tier 2:
    65 EP(L) 5* G7
    65 Vader 5* G7
    65 IG88 5* G7
    73 IG86 7* G8
    80 RG 7* G9
    no mods on any of them.

With your team, did you find mods made enough of a difference to win? Any mods in particular help you? Thanks in advance!
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well that was really easy...
    If somenoe cares this was my team for TIER II (3* and they barely hit me)
    Palpatine 7* (L) lvl 80 gear 9 all potency mods (1-5dots)
    Vader 6* lvl 70 gear 8 all potency mods
    Tarkin 7* lvl 80 gear 8 again potency mods :-)
    RG 6* lvl 70 gear 8 and guess what mods...???yes- potency
    Magmatrooper 6* lvl 70 gear 7 POTENCY mods :-)
    I didnt think it will be so easy with this team but i am happy i was wrong :-)

Palpatine is game changer but Tarkin was very fuking useful as well !!!
  • Kylanith
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Kylanith What was your 5th character? I'm trying to invest as little as possible into a squad to beat the 2nd tier challenge, and looking for what's been used.

My current team is good enough to 3-star tier 1, but not enough to beat stage 4 of tier 2:
    65 EP(L) 5* G7
    65 Vader 5* G7
    65 IG88 5* G7
    73 IG86 7* G8
    80 RG 7* G9
    no mods on any of them.

With your team, did you find mods made enough of a difference to win? Any mods in particular help you? Thanks in advance!

Royal Guard - Both him and EP are gear 10, EP has omega stun. With offense up both RG and Vader 1 hit the deadly ewoks when they were revived, it was a matter of cycling aoes between EP and 88 for me. I'm not sure how easy it'll be without power of the dark side omegad, but I didn't always use it on cooldown and you can use defend to draw out battles and cooldowns if need be.
    @OldDakaNewBarber
    Post edited by Kylanith on
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but can any of you devs please explain why Ewok elders have unlimited usage of their revive ability paired with their massive speed? This was a **** problem the first time and obviously for a "challenge" chose not to make it FAIR and not let the AI use revive to get every scout back on the final round knocking out a full squad. Keep ruining the fun for those that don't waste their savings on the game

Not a dev but one thing you need to realize is that Ewok Elder has two powers that can Revive. Power of the Forest is (supposedly) a guaranteed Revive and chance at TM for EE ( I have seen this power fail several times in raids when trying to rez someone who was just slammed, it will not rez a devoured figure).
    Tribal Healer has a 35% chance to revive an ally but I think that chance has been boosted a bit for this event.

Given there is a least one phase with multiple Elders, it can be difficult to keep the Zombie Ewoks down.
  • Options
    Beat Tier 1 with this team:

HK 5* lvl 70, gear 8 (need the furnace for 9), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    IG88 6* lvl 70, gear 8 (need furnace for 9), level 5 mortal wound, level 6 rest
    IG86 7* lvl 70, gear 8 (again, the GD furnace), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    RG 6* lvl 80, gear 8 (droid caller and stun gun), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    B2 4* lvl 69, gear 8 (missing stun gun, droid caller, and both holo projector), level 5 heavy arms, level 7 mow down, level 6 relentless (no omega)

Used this team for tier 2:

HK 5* lvl 70, gear 8 (need the furnace for 9), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    IG88 6* lvl 70, gear 8 (need furnace for 9), level 5 mortal wound, level 6 rest
    IG86 7* lvl 70, gear 8 (again, the GD furnace), level 7 abilities (no omega)
    IG100 5* lvl 66 gear 8 (missing cuffs, stun gun, hypo syringe), level 5 abilities except level 4 disruption
    B2 4* lvl 69, gear 8 (missing stun gun, droid caller, and both holo projector), level 5 heavy arms, level 7 mow down, level 6 relentless (no omega)

Mods are minimal throughout that entire team (any mods I get I throw on my arena guys).

I missed the bonus tier twice using RG yesterday - got it on my first try today subbing in IG100 for him.
  • GrampaSimpson
    355 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    OK, what am I doing wrong then:
    IG-88 (L): 7* lvl80 g8, 6 lvl15 health mods
    Vader: 5* lvl 78 g9, 6 lvl15 mods
    IG-86: 7* lvl 78 g8, heavy mods
    IG-100: 7* lvl 76 g8, 6 mods various levels
    Here's the weak link:
    RG: 4* lvl 60 g7, health/def mods
    I just don't have any other droids, and Vader's my only well developed empire (I wasn't willing to mortgage the house to get EP).

@GrampaSimpson It doesn't sound like you have HK 47 starred, leveled, or geared. Is that right? To he honest, HK L is the best droid L for this event. His AOE can clear the weak enemies, he gains full TM, goes again. It helps reduce the cooldown on his AOE a lot.

Same goes for all the droids. The 50% TM on crit leader ability is just amazing for droids, especially with AOE droids. His +30% crit chance for droids help them crit often.

My suggestion to you is to get HK at a decent level, then toss him in. Good mods, decent star, levels and gear, and he should do well. Hes pretty tanky and crits often. Is that possible for you? I think that will help you win the event.

Don't even have HK yet, never worked on him. If I had ever known he was such a powerful toon, I might have. I'm working on him now, but I won't get him in time for this event. But at least I'll have another droid to compliment the ones I have, and I'll put him in lead. I only hope they'll come around with another event that uses droids. I'm sick of working on this or that and then they release an event and say, "You'll need Geonosians for this event. Oh, you haven't been working on them because up to now they've been useless? Well you better buy - er, um, WORK on them now. Oh, and here's an overpriced pack for you to buy to have an eensy weensy chance at getting the shards you need. Operators are standing by to take your credit card number. Have fun!" Who would've thought I'd ever have a load of Jawas? But here they are now, just in case I need them, and they're all half-baked, and I don't even have the lynchpin, JE, so whatever.

This is the last comment I'm posting to this thread. I don't know if it's lying trolls or annoying whales or a combination of both, but I'm sick of everyone saying how easy this thing was. If it was, great, congrats. Go enjoy yourself. If you're just on here to tick the rest of us off, good job, you succeeded. Now go enjoy yourself. I'm done with this event and this thread. Hope y'all really appreciate all those Ewok shards.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    If you are ftp that's your choice, but really, stop with all the complaining... the devs DO NOT care about you... they are running a business not a charity. So please, stop the whining, you should be grateful you get to play at all without contributing while the rest of us ensure they game has a future. Mic drop...

The last time you dropped the mic you did it wrong, now that concussion looks pretty bad, you should visit your local hospital before posting on forums
  • Options
    So I'll weigh in here as well, why not?

This is far from a pay-only event. Last time I managed to beat both tiers even though I had no Emperor, with Tarkin 7*VIII, Vader 5*VIII, RG 7*VII, SnowT 7*VII, IG-86 7*VIII, all between L70-72. I did absolutely no elaborate spending to get these characters. All you need is to put in the time. If you would like to see what others used last time, see this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/51573/where-you-able-to-complete-forest-moon-event

The last time this event came around was July 4. This time around the difficulty felt completely unchanged. The only change was the skull targets over the deadly scouts. It was quite difficult last time for me, even after learning that the scouts were the ones you needed to worry about. It was a deadly game of whack-a-mole. Drop the scouts as quickly as possible, stun/block the elders as much as possible, and manage your AOE. It can be done.

The only reason it was easier for me this time is because my squad is now much improved with gear, levels, and mods. Oh, and then adding the Emperor made it way, way easier. The event itself is still as hard as it ever was, but the long-time players have better squads now.

You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to do well at this event. You just need the right heroes. If you don't have them, you'll just have give the event a miss. Maybe you will have the right squad for the next event. And maybe you should take the hint that these events are generally faction-based, and if you don't farm squads by faction, well maybe you should consider it.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I beat it (couldn't beat it last time) but was pulling my hair out.

I have a strong RG - but found him useless, as his stun never seemed to work at all!

I finely did it with the following team:

* HK47 (L) - lvl 70, 5*, gear VII (only 3 1 star mods) also not maxed abilities
    * IG88 - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (4 5 star defence and health mods) also not maxed abilities
    * IG86 - lvl 70, 7*, gear VII (3 3 star defence & health mods) also not maxed abilities
    * Darth Vader - lvl 80, 7*, gear X (5 1 star maxed speed mods) maxed abilities
    * Magma Trooper - lvl 80, 6*, gear VIII (5 1 star tenacity mods maxed) not maxed abilities.

Overall team power 29,519 (nowhere close to my arena team level).

I did it.

The trick is to always wipe out the ewok scouts and green hoodd ones (whatever they are called). The elders will revive, but keep taking out the ewoks they revive first while slowly bringing down the elders and bosses.

Manage your AOE attacks like Vader's, Magma Trooper, IG88 and HK47, these are key to wiping out as many as the Deadly scouts as possible. But don't overuse your AOE - look at the ewok turn meters and if you can save as many AOEs to the next round do so.

I do not like that they have added this buff to the ewoks known as "Deadly" that makes them tougher than Rey's stick and it can't be removed! At round 8 Chirpa is the boss with an elder. The elder will revive the deadly scouts and chirpa not only speeds up the ewok turn meters but also adds a counter buff. So be careful with AOEs at this point, because if you cant kill all the Deadly ewoks with your AOE - they will all attack and that team member of yours is dead meat - so watch it and good luck.

Remember the force is with you... always.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    • HK47 (L) - lvl 70, 5*, gear VII (only 3 1 star mods) also not maxed abilities
    • IG88 - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (4 5 star defence and health mods) also not maxed abilities
    • IG86 - lvl 70, 7*, gear VII (3 3 star defence & health mods) also not maxed abilities
    • Darth Vader - lvl 80, 7*, gear X (5 1 star maxed speed mods) maxed abilities
    • Magma Trooper - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (5 1 star tenacity mods maxed) not maxed abilities.

@Boo You've got a 7* Vader?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    P.S - I have to add I am F2P. I didn't have enough rebels levelled to get EP in his event (would have made this event way easier). But that's the way it goes. I know the event will be back and what toons to farm and upgrade - it's part of the game. I had miss out on this Ewok event the last 2 times it ran - I finally beat it this time.

I couldn't beat the military might event against the empire - but I'm heavy working on rebels and will get EP and complete the military might event next time around.

Having said that, this game should be fun for all level of players - no matter what the level they are at.

Would it be so hard to have the Events tiered in such a way that tier one is way easy - get modes gear a character shard or 2 and $250k or something like that. At least then everyone can enjoy the event and no one feels left out or wasted.

Yes P2P players can whale these events, yes the F2P long-standing players can do these events, but its hard work farming and levelling and not being able to participate in these events at all is a big turn off to those new to the game. If EA wants to grow its game community and suck more players into the game (possibly may end up being P2P players once they get started) it would be a good idea if all who play can at least participate and enjoy some small rewards.

That's my 2 cents.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    • IG88 - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (4 5 star defence and health mods) also not maxed abilities
    • IG86 - lvl 70, 7*, gear VII (3 3 star defence & health mods) also not maxed abilities
    • Magma Trooper - lvl 80, 7*, gear VIII (5 1 star tenacity mods maxed) not maxed abilities.

Woops - no I meant 6* - I'll edit that post, lol - good catch (getting there though, but not quite there yet)
  • Options

This is far from a pay-only event. Last time I managed to beat both tiers even though I had no Emperor, with Tarkin 7*VIII, Vader 5*VIII, RG 7*VII, SnowT 7*VII, IG-86 7*VIII, all between L70-72. I did absolutely no elaborate spending to get these characters. All you need is to put in the time. If you would like to see what others used last time, see this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/51573/where-you-able-to-complete-forest-moon-event

The last time this event came around was July 4. This time around the difficulty felt completely unchanged. The only change was the skull targets over the deadly scouts. It was quite difficult last time for me, even after learning that the scouts were the ones you needed to worry about. It was a deadly game of whack-a-mole. Drop the scouts as quickly as possible, stun/block the elders as much as possible, and manage your AOE. It can be done.

The only reason it was easier for me this time is because my squad is now much improved with gear, levels, and mods. Oh, and then adding the Emperor made it way, way easier. The event itself is still as hard as it ever was, but the long-time players have better squads now.

You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to do well at this event. You just need the right heroes. If you don't have them, you'll just have give the event a miss. Maybe you will have the right squad for the next event. And maybe you should take the hint that these events are generally faction-based, and if you don't farm squads by faction, well maybe you should consider it.

I think you hit it on the head. The stats and mechanics are literally the same as before, except ~25% higher to account for mods. The combo of clarity for deadly units + more prep time + Palpatine makes this seem really easy, but as others have said here if you're not properly prepared it's pretty difficult. Having said that, looking at the data (admittedly, only a few hours worth so far) the second tier is too easy. I'll likely make the bonus tier more difficult next time, but not by a huge margin.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options

Woops - no I meant 6* - I'll edit that post, lol - good catch (getting there though, but not quite there yet)

@Boo You've got a 6* Magma Trooper? ;)
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

I think you hit it on the head. The stats and mechanics are literally the same as before, except ~25% higher to account for mods. The combo of clarity for deadly units + more prep time + Palpatine makes this seem really easy, but as others have said here if you're not properly prepared it's pretty difficult. Having said that, looking at the data (admittedly, only a few hours worth so far) the second tier is too easy. I'll likely make the bonus tier more difficult next time, but not by a huge margin.

You scaled them up by 25%? I really didn't even notice. Palps instantly dropped the first round, the rest was smooth sailing until the dual Elder/Teebo combination, but stuns and blocks worked reliably under Palp lead and just made that round a longer grind, then Palp/Vader AOE in the final round stunned/slowed Chirpa enough that he never got around to his speed up/counter-attack shenanigans. The mass revive was a nasty change though (forgot about that one earlier), which let a couple scouts hit me.
    It's a fun event, and gives me a nudge towards farming the rest of my ewoks (I'll get there soon). Thanks for the event.
  • krakashi
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nm, missread something
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Having said that, looking at the data (admittedly, only a few hours worth so far) the second tier is too easy. I'll likely make the bonus tier more difficult next time, but not by a huge margin.

@CG_CapGaSP Thanks for the update, it's a fun event and I like the relaxed nature of Tier 1. I definitely think having that and then a challenging Bonus tier is the way to go.

Does anybody know if there is any announcement on the scheduling of these infrequent events?
  • Options
    Man palpatine was a huge game changer. Wasn't even hard. 3 starred both pretty easily. I wish you could still get an omega after beating t2 initially. Or get those droid caller pieces. That was nice.
  • Options
    Great increase in difficulty from last time as I can see. Which is OK, why not a challenge? But whats disappointing is a ridiculous 150K and a couple shards for tier 1. IMO if you are going to create a challenging event, which needs lots of credits spent to level chars, then make it worthwhile.
  • Options
    I mange to get through both tiers just like last time, but the way they run these events now is a joke...what is the reason for it to run for only 3 days and to have only one attempt per refresh? Considering thqat both Assault Battles were week long with two tries per tier the first time and all other events like Yoda and Palpatine run for a week...are 5 more ewok shards really going to break the game? or 1 more Stun Cufffs salvage(if you're lucky)?
  • Options
    Ran RG + HK + B2 + 86 + 88. Poor bears didn't have a chance. I think they got 3 moves in T1 and 4 moves in T2, none was more than a tickle, a tiny dent in the protection. And, FWIW, B2 dispelled the "non-dispellable" death buff with ease...
  • Options
    Currently running Tarkin, RG, Vader, 88, 86, all at 80, somewhat geared but few are 'well' geared and I've only shuffled around my non-A list mods (mostly because I don't feel like pulling them all off just to put them back on again).

I've gotten to Wave 8 a number of times on the 'bonus' version, but the wave of fuzzballs when I drop the elder just murders me. Haven't had a lot of time to poke at it due to work, but I think it's within my grasp. Suspect I just need to shuffle those mods around and drive my speed as high as possible to keep ahead of things. But having that clutch aoe at the right time might be tricky to sort out.

As someone who got boned on, well, almost every event they've had that wasn't toned down for level 5's or whatever hyperbole people might want to use, it was nice to clear the first version at least.
  • Options
    Wow! I cant believe it but I just succeeded on tier 2, on first try!
    I initially did not want to bother because I BARELY succeed at tier 1, but it turns out the difficulty is NOT that bad with tier 2.

The main thing is ALL your characters must be able to ONE KILL SHOT the little ewoks. Otherwise they will decimate your team whenever you face them.

**** and I did break a sweat when I killed the elder and all of the sudden all ewoks resurrected. Thankfully I managed to kill them all quickly. And then broke another sweat when Chief Chirpa kept getting counter ability and and killed 2 of my characters. I thought i was done for and put on auto, since I knew I couldnt do much at this point. And I won!

Ironically the last man alive was 5 star (lmao) level 75 vader, without mods. Makes me think Vader would be a beast level 80 with mods.
  • Options
    Both tiers are really easy but the rewards are very very low :(
  • Options
    if you don't have palpatine the key is the HK-47 Lead. i easily 3* both tiers with;
    HK-47 (L) 7* 80 G8 leadership omega, fairly modded
    IG-88 7* 75 G9 fairly modded
    IG-86 7* 77 G8 fairly modded
    Darth Vader 5* 72 G8 fairly modded
    RG 7* 80 G9 fully modded
  • Options
    Is it me or is this event not fun. Again.
    It's hard, but not scaled for players other than very high end. If you're still in triple digit arena numbers, don't bother, right?
    Way to phone it in again, EA.

Anyhow, another wasted event for me. It's pretty bad when credit heist is the most fun I have seen them pull off as an "Event" so far. I'd give honorable mention to droids too, but nobody cares about them.

I do hope someone out there had a nail-biting, edge-of-the-seat experience.... But... I doubt there's enough of them to run up a nasty bill at Denny's
  • PorMestari
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You can make this event really hard by choosing your worst setup. Every event is either too easy or hard. Most of the forum seems to see all that is bad. Show a little love nd respect.
    Love to ya all and i like what ya done ea/cg
  • Options
    First time this event came around someone posted an excellent walk through guide. Can someone repost or provide link. Thanks!!