Asking For A Character To Be Nerfed...

Prev13456
ThalosKirano
728 posts Member
edited January 2016
....should lead to a 3 day ban from this site. Basically it goes like this;

1) Face 4 teams in arena, beat them all easily.
2) Face a 5th team with a character you don't know how to fight against resulting in a loss.
3) Post on the forum crying that the world is an injust place and the character who you can't handle destroyed your team ergo must need nerfing.

Enough already, every hero has counter heroes which are designed to make the game difficult for them. If not it'd be too easy and everyone would be number 1.

Instead learn from the loss and adopt a different strategy the next time you face that team. The first time I faced Daka I didn't know she could revive allies so I left her until second last, huge mistake since she revived her 3 fallen allies which resulted in me losing. The next time I faced that same team I took her out first and wiped the floor with them. Learn, adapt or play elsewhere.

Replies

• glocc5000
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i just went against this guy in the arena he was 19,600 power i am at 22,590 and his fives took out all my characters i made all my characters attack him and i couldn't even get him down to halfway before him and duku and Leia took me out mabye even nerf her cause she attacked me 4 times everytime
  • Options
    Man, if you went by the forums every character needs a nerf. He made you pay because your strategy against him was awful.hes a tank with COUNTER, but ordinary dps. Just leave him to last.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    glocc5000 wrote: »
    i just went against this guy in the arena he was 19,600 power i am at 22,590 and his fives took out all my characters i made all my characters attack him and i couldn't even get him down to halfway before him and duku and Leia took me out mabye even nerf her cause she attacked me 4 times everytime

Why do you attack Five? when you should focus on Doku and Leia?

OP = Noob

OP You need to step up you game.
  • Options
    Memoirs of a noob
  • Options
    5555's is the one true lord and saviour. i have lost count how many times he has saved my **** by himself. no nerf please
  • Options

......please nerf ewok scout too...oh no..all toons needs nerf
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ronon_Dex wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I laughed out loud so hard at this.
  • Options
    This thread is pathetic. In general, I feel like every thread that has nerf in the first post should be put in its own special subforum so people don't have to slog through this stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah especially 5555s since he is a lower mid character I just can care less about when I face him.
  • Options
    His slow is nice and can be useful... OP? Not even close
  • Options
    All characters should do one damage per attack except for those already in the game, they should do 0.75.
  • Options
    It's like leaving Old Daka at last and complaining about her reviving every char you killed.

55555 right now is only good in a comp with synergy. If you take his power away he won't be seen in any comp even if there is synergy. So we will have less viable chars overall.

If you want to nerf someone look at who is used at most, not in niche compositions like 55555.
  • Options
    No way in hell should Fives be nerfed. He's not even close to OP.
  • Options

I am sure Fives is loving you because you gave him all that attention that no one does until he is the last man.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    I am sure Fives is loving you because you gave him all that attention that no one does until he is the last man.

LOL XD
  • Options
    To the replies in this thread: It's not 5555's, Five, or 55555. It's Fives or 5's.

You're welcome!
  • Options
    No, don't nerf him! I'm about to start farming for him and Kylo Ren.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Bans should be nerfed, they are clearly OP. Nerfs should be nerfed as well.

Aside from that, +1.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'd rather see people who act like wannabe mods and call for others to be banned, be banned.
    Yes, many calls for nerfs are invalid. CG can figure that out well enough.
    There ARE some characters in this game that are completely unbalanced and need to be fixed, and expressing views on them is entirely appropriate, at least until CG says otherwise.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    There ARE some characters in this game that are completely unbalanced and need to be fixed,

And yet there are so many nerf demands that the whole thing is getting ridiculous. If the devs listened to this, the easiest way to respond would be to just nerf the entire roster ;) Yes, from time to time you get a request to nerf character ABC, who appears not to be working as intended, but these are a minority. Most of these threads are about characters who are NOT OP, but the author has no clue how to go about defeating them (or is too weak to do so). And once you see the umpteenth thread "Nerf XYZ", you can get a bit irritated.
  • Options
    You're over-generalizing. Mad about the old Barriss nerf, maybe?
  • Options
    OP:
    dsJDBmO.jpg
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'd rather see people who act like wannabe mods and call for others to be banned, be banned.
    Yes, many calls for nerfs are invalid. CG can figure that out well enough.
    There ARE some characters in this game that are completely unbalanced and need to be fixed, and expressing views on them is entirely appropriate, at least until CG says otherwise.

99% of calls for nerfs are from people who just don't know how to handle a certain hero. Name me 5 legitimate toons who need nerfing and the reason/s why? Leia may be the only one I can think of, but she too can be handled. There are 0 characters who can't be handled and killed if you employ the right strategy. I come across a team of Leia, Ben, Vader, Kylo and Barriss quite often on my server and the team whoops me due to Leia's buffs and Ben's and Vader's AoE's, but that isn't reason enough for them to be nerfed, it just means I need more heroes to counteract theirs which I don't currently have.

• Options
    What a nerf herder.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    Fives is good. Real good, but not in arena defense. In GW he is a god, if you know what to do with him. Just apply slow strategically and you just won the match. He has high potency, so it works most times. For instance first thing he does is slowing Sid after his aoe, giving you ample time to kill him without applying heal immune.
  • Options
    OP, the best way for you to deal with your Fives issues is for you to uninstall the game.
  • Options
    Don't have a dog in this race, but like to see people's thoughts. Your post is clearly not offensive, preach it brother!!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    99% of calls for nerfs are from people who just don't know how to handle a certain hero.
    99% of everything is nonsense. So what? It's a public forum, nonsense is what we are here for. :)
    Name me 5 legitimate toons who need nerfing and the reason/s why? Leia may be the only one I can think of, but she too can be handled. There are 0 characters who can't be handled and killed if you employ the right strategy. I come across a team of Leia, Ben, Vader, Kylo and Barriss quite often on my server and the team whoops me due to Leia's buffs and Ben's and Vader's AoE's, but that isn't reason enough for them to be nerfed, it just means I need more heroes to counteract theirs which I don't currently have.
    If you have to design your entire team around one character, then that character is overpowered. It also means that your team is now susceptible to a pile of other teams because you did that.

My short list of characters overdue for nerfing:
    1. FOTP - Broken (attacks more than he should), broken (at 7* has the damage of a glass cannon and health of a tank), his base attack is so overpowered that there's actually no reason to use his second attack, and has advantage ALL THE TIME where many other characters have to blow a special to get it.
    2. Poe - No character should be able to act first in a fight and then knock down all enemy turn bars so that his team all goes before yours does. There is no counter-play to this at all, except getting lucky with RNG. He can even act before Dooku now, who was the only one before who had even a chance to stop him. That's bad design. The fact that he taunts and exposes just makes it worse.
    3. Leia - Still broken, hits too hard on top of her annoying stealth.
    4. Qui-Gon Jinn - Overall package of abilities is way out of line with most other characters. Ability to call an assist with a guaranteed +75% damage on a 2-turn cooldown is asinine.
    5. Darth Sidious - Was fine before he was inexplicably buffed. The extra AoE damage is not a big deal, but his evasion against Jedi is way too high. His leadership skill makes all other crit-based leader skills pointless.
    6. Captain Phasma - Overall package is too strong, especially her leader ability, which is why she's everywhere now. Also has excessive amounts of turn-meter shenanigans. Her assist leader ability also should not proc on non-attacks, and it does now (and frequently).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    MRW reading the OP:
    XsUjlCg.jpg