Asking For A Character To Be Nerfed...

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'd rather see people who act like wannabe mods and call for others to be banned, be banned.
    Yes, many calls for nerfs are invalid. CG can figure that out well enough.
    There ARE some characters in this game that are completely unbalanced and need to be fixed, and expressing views on them is entirely appropriate, at least until CG says otherwise.

Asking fir a fix or balance is not the same thinga s asking fir a nerf tho buddy. From reading lots of your posts/comments i gather you have been in the gaming world long enough to know this.

For me its about presentation. Crying for a nerf makes all of us sick of the crying instantly wanna "**** it in the bud". Asking fir help or asking if its wirking as intended or asking how to deal with it a different matter and the rite way to approach these "nerf" subjects.
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To add on to Leia - "Against All Odds" gives the crit buff 100% of the time, when the tooltip reflects that it shouldn't.

That they fixed her multi-attacks over-proccing while leaving FOTP and this is insulting.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum?
    :#
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    ..all of us..

Please don't speak for anyone but yourself. I personally dislike these sorts of threads that attack other players (which are not what this forum is for) a lot more than threads about characters (which ARE what this forum is for).
    I'm also pretty tired of seeing the word "crying" or "whining" used by certain people every time an opinion is expressed that they don't like. It's insulting and unconstructive.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I think football season should be a year round thing.
  • Options
    Lol I agree with Thaloskirano the only reason you are complaining is because you probably have certain characters you want to use because you like them and they are getting their **** kicked and you don't want to change your team up
  • Options
    Let people express their opinions. Including the opinion to ban people who express their opinions.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    ..all of us..

Please don't speak for anyone but yourself. I personally dislike these sorts of threads that attack other players (which are not what this forum is for) a lot more than threads about characters (which ARE what this forum is for).
    I'm also pretty tired of seeing the word "crying" or "whining" used by certain people every time an opinion is expressed that they don't like. It's insulting and unconstructive.

I dont disagree with that at all (which is why i never said i agreed with the OP because i dont haha)
    But quote my whole sentence there. I was not speaking fir anyone. I said it makes all of us that are sick of it, so my statement applies to all who are sick of the constant crying (i use the term crying as a general statement and not directed at anyone in particular)
    Sadly, crying is the correct term to use because thats exactly what the bulk of nerf posts are.
    The majority of the time, pll are simply crying and not asking for explination, advice, or help.

As i said before,if ppl presented these posts in a positive manner they'd get positive responses. Posting in a negative manor nets negative responses. Thats basic psychology.

I try and be constructive in geberal and explain reasons, options, mechanics, etc but the incessant crying is unconstructive and unnescessary
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I think football season should be a year round thing.

I can get behind that haha
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Queltar we may have to agree to disagree on this one haha.
    Like lots of what you say but we just are not gonna see eye to eye here i think my friend
  • Options
    You are right but people need to understand just because this one character is your favorite doesn't make them viable in certain situations that's why this is a strategy game just like chess you have to adapt and change constantly if you want to stay viable in the leader boards but you can use whoever you like on the regular tables
  • Options
    Some good points from a couple of you, some not so good points from others.

Qeltar; Phasma needs nerfing, really? I can't say I agree with you on that one even remotely. It seems to me that the main suspects for being "OP" are characters you can't farm, and maybe that's what CG intended because you're paying for the potential to unlock them. Paying for premium content is what all f2p games are aimed at after all.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    You are right but people need to understand just because this one character is your favorite doesn't make them viable in certain situations that's why this is a strategy game just like chess you have to adapt and change constantly if you want to stay viable in the leader boards but you can use whoever you like on the regular tables

I think that where loads of us mess up (me included)
    I play for fun so i use who i want weather they are best or not. I rank where i rank and it is what it is. I struggle aginst a few particular synergies with the team i run but i dont come crying "so an so is OP" because i cant beat em. That what folks need to understand. Having trouble beating someone does NOT make them OP. It makes them challenging. Thats part of the fun for some ppl. For folls like me who have more fun using toons i like i just avoid the teams i struggle aginst and it works out how it works out.

Great point and great analogy for this
    +1
  • Options

I think that where loads of us mess up (me included)
    I play for fun so i use who i want weather they are best or not. I rank where i rank and it is what it is. I struggle aginst a few particular synergies with the team i run but i dont come crying "so an so is OP" because i cant beat em. That what folks need to understand. Having trouble beating someone does NOT make them OP. It makes them challenging. Thats part of the fun for some ppl. For folls like me who have more fun using toons i like i just avoid the teams i struggle aginst and it works out how it works out.

Great point and great analogy for this
    +1

Yep, I also fall foul of this but I know it's my fault so I won't complain about it on the forum. I flat out refuse to drop my 6* Boba, he's my leader in squad arena and that's where he will stay regardless of who I unlock. It may be more beneficial for me to drop him, make Sid the leader and bring in Kylo or Dooku once I've unlocked them but it won't happen, I love my Boba :wink:
  • Options
    I play for fun as well but at the moment I'm f2p if I could I would put money on the game because there are characters I really really want lol but for now I have to stay in the top of the boards because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do progress and I don't complain about any of the characters except barriss because I believe she needs to be stronger they really messed her up and if I loose it's either because I never faced the team and strategy but I come right back to them and win or it's because they do pay money and I have no chance in which I stay away lol
  • Options
    Well I also don't like that they made it where Chewbacca can't taunt if he is the only character standing that makes his max health ability useless they should have just taken it from him completely
  • Options
    I never like to cry about nerfs, but if there is something that should be nerfed, it should be Poe and maybe a little reduction on QGJ's assist damage. Poe is 100x stronger than Barriss ever was and I never understood her OP complaints. I put FOTP and Leia under the category of needs fixing because they are working differently than intended (not sure if Leia recently got fixed).

Sid and Phasma are definitely not OP. They are very versatile and have great leader skills which is why you see them everywhere. Other heroes need better leader skills to match up with them as opposed to nerfing Sid and Phasma.
  • Options
    To me phasma isn't good unless you have characters to complement her leader ability I take down phasma teams regularly
  • Options
    I'd rather see people who act like wannabe mods and call for others to be banned, be banned.
    There ARE some characters in this game that are completely unbalanced and need to be fixed, and expressing views on them is entirely appropriate, at least until CG says otherwise.

Qeltar, I pretty much agree with everything you say, and this is no different. Nerf threads may be annoying, but Poe and FOTP just aren't balanced.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    yeah 5555's by himself did not destroy your team. his damage is so meh its not funny. but he is tanky. you just did it wrong, try again sir :(
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Fix the broke toons, don't know about QGJ, haven't battle him mutch, know he is deadly, but don't have exprience with him to know if there is a way around him, Sid and Phasma are not OP, it's the synergy in the teams that make them seem OP, there is a huge difference, Poe I usually meet in GW, mainly becourse I don't care to mutch about arena, 3 battles a day and around #100 is fine for me, but in GW I don't find him that powerfull but anoying as *beep*, and I can see that if I had to take him out in arena with my toons, it would take more than 5 min.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

Qeltar, I pretty much agree with everything you say, and this is no different. Nerf threads may be annoying, but Poe and FOTP just aren't balanced.

How many people actually use them 2 though? Maybe it's just because my server is new-ish (I joined too late to unlock FOTP only getting 6 of his shards from the daily login rewards) I have come across Poe once in arena and FOTP only a handful of times.
  • Options
    How about this why don't people try and take some advice switch your strategy/team up use your brain a little because this game applies to Newton's 3 law just like everything else in the world for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction meaning every character has a counterpart
  • Options
    How many people actually use them 2 though? Maybe it's just because my server is new-ish (I joined too late to unlock FOTP only getting 6 of his shards from the daily login rewards) I have come across Poe once in arena and FOTP only a handful of times.

They show up all the time in older arenas, probably in not so old arenas now too.
  • Options
    How about this why don't people try and take some advice switch your strategy/team up use your brain a little because this game applies to Newton's 3 law just like everything else in the world for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction meaning every character has a counterpart

That's the point I am trying to make, like with anything in life to thrive you have to learn and adapt. I had to face the same team twice in arena today, the first time I screwed up my strategy by targeting the opposition in the wrong order, the second time I switched it up and beat them quite comfortably. And for the record, it was a team which included Poe who many say is OP.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I've just run into a team in GW which is Poe, Leia, Rey, Phasma and Barriss. I could sit here trying different combinations until the cows come home and never beat it. And that's not even as good as if Barriss was replaced by FOTP.
    These characters and teams are COMPLETELY BROKEN AND NEED TO BE FIXED.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You're over-generalizing. Mad about the old Barriss nerf, maybe?

Take a look at the forums. New players are asking for her to be nerfed again... o.O
  • Options
    And I have agreed with you all the way and here is a little food for thought for other people if you are having a problem with debuffs and such try a character that raises tenancy or a team with high tenancy or maybe instead of attacking the healers take out the high damage characters first
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

Just to continue on this theme, I just tried another combination in GW against this team. The enemy got FOURTEEN special moves or attacks before I could do a thing. After that, I am sitting here, with one tank dead, another tank half-dead, and every character on the opposing side at full health, with critical up and advantage, and a taunt active on Poe.
    This goes beyond asinine and into another dimension entirely.
  • Options
    I've just run into a team in GW which is Poe, Leia, Rey, Phasma and Barriss. I could sit here trying different combinations until the cows come home and never beat it. And that's not even as good as if Barriss was replaced by FOTP.

What if you had the exact same team? If you can't beat something with what you have, try your utmost to get heroes can can beat it with.