Mace Windu Discussion and call for a buff

Replies

• I actually sent a message to EA regarding how ridiculously poor Windu was. Their response was comical. Windu is by far my weakest character that I have seen at 4*. The buff dispel is a marginal benefit. His damage is ridiculously bad, even my 4* Daka out damages him.

And for the record, he totally whipped Sidious. He was the number 2 in the Jedi Council after Yoda (Yes, Kit Fisto, QGJ/Obi wan and others were inferior to him) and yet in this game he is less valuable than a nameless FoTP, Geonosian Soldier, etc. I am **** that the only character I liked in the prequels (Besides Yoda) is completely useless in this game. Will anyone listen......
  • I found a new use for Mace.

I ran the entire LS PvE level 7 with an all Jedi Team of Ima Gun Di 4* (L), Mace 4*, Ahsoka 4*, JC 6*, Lumi 7* with a borrowed 4* Bariss.

Mace is handy in the late stages against the Palpatine Boss to de-buff his Offense Up before he unloads it on his next turn.

Here is 4* Mace getting lit up by Palpatine's basic attack (love them tanks), and surviving, right after he debuffed the Emperor's Offense Up with his special.

dm4llt.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I actually sent a message to EA regarding how ridiculously poor Windu was. Their response was comical. Windu is by far my weakest character that I have seen at 4*. The buff dispel is a marginal benefit. His damage is ridiculously bad, even my 4* Daka out damages him.

And for the record, he totally whipped Sidious. He was the number 2 in the Jedi Council after Yoda (Yes, Kit Fisto, QGJ/Obi wan and others were inferior to him) and yet in this game he is less valuable than a nameless FoTP, Geonosian Soldier, etc. I am **** that the only character I liked in the prequels (Besides Yoda) is completely useless in this game. Will anyone listen......

What did they actually end up saying?
  • I know it's offtopic but i rewatched the windu palpatine fight. Windu wins straight up. At one point palpatine was to weak to maintain force lightning at that moment. If anniken wouldn't stop windu palpatine would have died.

Anyway it's a shame in game windu sucks. Would love to farm him, but after this thread, i think I'll pass.

Finally somebody who doesn't speak with their extra chromosome!
    On a serious note I have 7* max gear windu and yeah he is definitely getting benched for a long time!
  • I agree that based on the dreadful episodes 1-3 Mace appeared to be Yoda's second hand man, and possibly the best swordsman of all Jedi. In this game he sucks big time. He is unfortunately the only noteworthy player the stingy game has given me off a chromium drop, I don't even buy them anymore. I thought sweet a 4 star mace windu this will be great. His anti-taunt is usually repelled buy hairball or Poe, he hits so so, and he is a tank but without taunt just being tanky doesn't do much. I never play him. Hope he becomes more interesting.
  • Tank with no taunt? Give mace ability to steal all buffs from an enemy instead of wiping one.

/thread.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    If you go to general discussion there's someone there who says Mace is the solution to a first turn Poe. Lololololololol
    BigBoss wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    If you go to general discussion there's someone there who says Mace is the solution to a first turn Poe. Lololololololol

Yeah I remember reading that lol

That was me. I was saying that it may be a possible counter IF MACE IS BUFFED. He would need a massive overhaul to be competitive in Arena, and part of that overhaul could be him becoming a counter to Poe.

Instead of Nerfing heroes like Poe we should be buffing counters to them. Especially ones who already need a buff.

Kill two birds with one stone.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

That was me. I was saying that it may be a possible counter IF MACE IS BUFFED. He would need a massive overhaul to be competitive in Arena, and part of that overhaul could be him becoming a counter to Poe.

Instead of Nerfing heroes like Poe we should be buffing counters to them. Especially ones who already need a buff.

I see where you're coming from but after Poe taunts, the damage is done. The only viable counter would be a fast character who can ability block or stun without being resisted. Even then rng gives him a 50% chance to go first anyway.

I see where you're coming from but after Poe taunts, the damage is done. The only viable counter would be a fast character who can ability block or stun without being resisted. Even then rng gives him a 50% chance to go first anyway.

That's a great example of a buff for Windu. 100% ability block. And up his speed to 143 or whatever it is

That's a great example of a buff for Windu. 100% ability block. And up his speed to 143 or whatever it is

100% ability block isn't enough. It would need to be unresistable. Poe has so much tenacity that rarely anything sticks.

100% ability block isn't enough. It would need to be unresistable. Poe has so much tenacity that rarely anything sticks.

Yeah I know. It was mentioned in my thread.

I've given up on everything related to Poe. I'll just see how it pans out.

I just wanted to call out @Telaan and @BigBoss for laughing at me behind my back. No offense, but if you have something to say to me then say it. If you think my idea is stoopid then say it. I won't be offended if you give reasons like HavokTrigger and many others have done as to why it's a bad idea.

Just be straight up and we'll be all good.

Peace :)

I just wanted to call out @Telaan and @BigBoss for laughing at me behind my back. No offense, but if you have something to say to me then say it. If you think my idea is stoopid then say it. I won't be offended if you give reasons like HavokTrigger and many others have done as to why it's a bad idea.

I never read your thread, sorry. I also don't want you to think I was attacking you or anything. Your post just got super defensive.

I never read your thread, sorry. I also don't want you to think I was attacking you or anything. Your post just got super defensive.

Nah, not you. You didn't do anything wrong.

My post was super defensive because I was defending my thread.

It's no big deal, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But talking behind someone's back instead of adressing the actual person isn't cool.

No hard feelings Teelan and BigBoss. In future, if you think my ideas are dumb then just say so.
    <3:)<3

Hey come on don't get all defensive all I said was 'lol' That was as tame as it gets.

Mace could potentially take care of Poe but like you said he's going to need a hell of alot of work in order to do so. Poe will probably be nerfed at some point too so we'll see.
  • All good cosmicturtle333 ^_^
  • BigBoss wrote: »

Hey come on don't get all defensive all I said was 'lol' That was as tame as it gets.

Mace could potentially take care of Poe but like you said he's going to need a hell of alot of work in order to do so. Poe will probably be nerfed at some point too so we'll see.

It's just that time of the month.
  • I apologise if I offended ya girl. It's all good.
    I apologise if I offended ya girl. It's all good.

Not a girl. I'm on my man period.
    The symptoms are rude mood swings and unnecessarily defensive posts.

Hahaha. Man period.
  • BigBoss
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Man period; I'll have to write that one down, that's gold. Lmao
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    yeah got the windu pack when I first started playing, figured hey cool I can put together a full jedi team. And lorewise windu should kick some serious butt.....wait what? he's a tank? and a bad one at that. His abilities don't align at all with what he is supposed to be lore wise. Once I hit lvl 41 I left poor ol windu behind and see no reason to level or star him up. I paid for him, but he just isn't worth the effort as I feel he is just that useless :(
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016

@cosmicturtle333

Sorry bro, my post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at slybeats. I didn't even read your thread. Find his post history and you'll be laughing too.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Windu only needs plus 20% damage, immune to stun( so should Yoda), and another passive called "LIGHTNING?! Mutha *#$&er, Please!" Immune to force LIGHTNING.

@cosmicturtle333

Sorry bro, my post wasn't directed at you. It was directed at slybeats. I didn't even read your thread. Find his post history and you'll be laughing too.

Well don't I look like a right **** now.

Sorry dude.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Sidious > mace or yoda

Like it or not its true. (I like yoda and mace but facts r facts).

True Sith are far more powerful then any jedi
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Sidious > mace or yoda

Like it or not its true. (I like yoda and mace but facts r facts).

True Sith are far more powerful then any jedi

Old canon EU comics states sid as the strongest sith ever. New EU does not. Facts are what is canon since disneys takeover, supported by sources. Meaning sid is not in "fact" strongest. As of now, he could be avrage sith who just had a great world domination plann...
  • Sith are Jedi killers, Jedi are Galactic Peacekeepers or whatever they call themselves.

So naturally Sith will always be stronger.
  • Sith are Jedi killers, Jedi are Galactic Peacekeepers or whatever they call themselves.

So naturally Sith will always be stronger.

Never read anything about sith being just jedi killers. Sure its one of their main task but there are proberbly some jedi who train against sith tactics. Dont get me wrong I'm a sith fan. But many people state "facts" that are not facts but opinions. I might do so to sometimes by accident. But still, most facts in this thread are not facts.
  • What **** said Sid is not a good duelist?
    Did you not watch the Clone Wars where he literally just toys with Savage and Maul with two lightsabers (not his specialty) and they can't even touch him. Like, Maul actually begs for his life after his brother is killed right in front of him and after he used the Darksaber.

Sideous is a beast.
    Mace did pwn him though.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Sure, since the old canon was erased nothing is 100% CERTAIN anymore. But unless Disney states otherwise I feel it would be a stretch to suddenly hold to the polar opposite of previously established facts. A more reasonable approach would be to still hold to them since they still make sense, but be willing to change opinion when new facts come along.

For instance, Sid drops Kit Fisto in three swings. He clearly outclasses him. In CW we see Kit Fisto alone fighting Grievous to a stalemate. In the comics, he fights evenly with Asajj Ventress. Ventress has in the same comics held her ground vs Mace Windu. While this was considered a true feat by Ventress, it does give us a clue about relative power levels, and until new facts surface it makes some sense to not stray too far from them.

In that scenario we must conclude that Sidious is clearly controlling the fight. This is also stated in the novelization of Revenge of the Sith. Windu does put up a great fight, but Sidious is unlike any Jedi and they can't be measured on the same scale.