Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    To demonstrate a more calculated and organized handling of content?
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mod release... poorly implemented
    Tourney launch...poorly implemented
    2 previous update/change disaster for the game
    Hope this not become similar too.. i hope they learned..
  • Options
    Notice is good, they should actually put notices in a news feed like most other big games do like about the tank raid. No one in my guild reads the forums.

But the omega event has been up for what, 5 days and it only lasts literally 3 mins. My guess is there is an issue they are trying to to resolve behind the covers.

If they want you to shard up your team, they could at least tell you what you need...
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Would be nice if they said on the event preview screen what toons are needed to compete...

Well, if we are to believe the cover... one seems to require Empire the other one Clones.

I hope so, I just bought Cody, Rex and Echo and leveled then to 7* for this event. I hope the rewards are worth the 5 day wait.
  • Options
    Going over all of your questions, I'll aim to reply to them this evening as I gather all the information needed to answer them :)

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    As stated

1-it's the advanced notice everyone complained about earlier in the game.

2-not everyone was here last time these events were around and may not even know what they are. So again a little heads up so ppl can prepare.

3-because if they don't give ppl like you a slow pitch to complain about you will try to find something anyway.

All events run at least 24 hours and there is no need for them to be there for days to get people's attention.

Because everyone checks everywhere for things to be active?... I had a stretch where I always saw the Yoda tagged as an event but it wasn't there so I stopped paying attention to that icon and almost missed doing a day of the month long event. I imagine a new player might do the same.

Also new players need more then 24 hours to prep things. I just don't get why you would complain about a feature that was added at the request of other players who felt there was not enough notice to things.

And as someone else said it pushes the panic button those prone to it to spend to get ready for something.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Going over all of your questions, I'll aim to reply to them this evening as I gather all the information needed to answer them :)

as always, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Ugh....more grinding. I'd rather grind for more meaningful things...like characters. I would really like to see them release like 2 dozen characters all at once. That way we get some variety in the arena. Instead we're always fighting for the same characters as they are released. Give us a real update. Keep the events flowing to help with the grind and feel like there's things to look forward to then unleash a massive 24 character update.

Raid's a good idea. But the level increase...not so much. This game is starting to feel like a second job. Do the same things over and over each day....
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Good call on the two guild coins!

Maybe soon we can get new tiers on the challenges?

Yeah they need to add stun cuffs, stun gun, and scanner pieces to challenges now.

We need way too many of those to keep them out of challenges, IMO.

Honestly, by this point they could add two new tiers to each. For poops and giggles I ran each of the challenges recently and it's ridiculous has easy the top tiers are. There are MANY players stronger than I am...
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Would be nice if they said on the event preview screen what toons are needed to compete...

Well, if we are to believe the cover... one seems to require Empire the other one Clones.

I hope so, I just bought Cody, Rex and Echo and leveled then to 7* for this event. I hope the rewards are worth the 5 day wait.

You bought and leveled three clones for the omega event?! The rewards aren't worth it - at all.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    new gear and level cap will change the meta hopefully
    Lots of toons when going to gear 9 have a huge difference so hopefully my boy Kylo is viable. I wonder if the new raid gear would be ridiculous to obtain

Than you devalue so much for making the raid simultaneous and two different coins!
  • Options
    For those of us who have been level 80 for several months already, will we be given credit for all the XP we've basically earned all this time we've been maxed? It wouldn't be at all fair if we had to start earning our way to 85 with someone who just became a level 80!
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

1> What happens to daily Omegas now?

2> Will there be new Cantina, LS and HS nodes?

3> Will there be new levels of challenges?
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

1> What happens to daily Omegas now?

2> Will there be new Cantina, LS and HS nodes?

3> Will there be new levels of challenges?

4> Will they increase effectiveness or simply move the current 80 levels to 85, meaning we need to regrind to obtain what we already had?

• Options
    All your characters that were done finished with gear and levels are now incomplete, all the xp you've not been getting while at lvl80 you now need, enjoy the update
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    85 is fine. Its been enough time

Agreed
  • Options

Agreed

And if your existing power levels etc, are reduced and we need to grind to get them back....?
  • Options
    All your characters that were done finished with gear and levels are now incomplete, all the xp you've not been getting while at lvl80 you now need, enjoy the update

Yeah, great huh.. hamster wheel 2.0
  • Options
    That better not be the case! We still get XP when we complete tasks, it's just were maxed so it doesn't do anything. All that accumulated XP should still be banked and once the update happens, SHOULD be applied to our accounts! If it's not, then we need to find a way to hit EA in a way that hurts them enough to fix this oversight!
  • Beats
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I have 2 questions (suggestions):

1. Will raid gear distribution be any different/better for the new raid? There has been a lot of frustration with Rancor raid gear...meaning absolute month(s) long droughts on certain pieces for players. Not to mention the items we need copious amounts of such as cuffs and stun guns. (I still need 1000ish of a few of those pieces and I've not missed a single raid.)
    2. Will there be different hardmode only character shards available for purchase with the new raid? Characters like FOTP, CSP1, etc...or maybe even SRP?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Agreed

And if your existing power levels etc, are reduced and we need to grind to get them back....?

they won't power characters down
    and with mods giving buffs on % of characters, expect characters to be much stronger than weaker
  • Options
    Destructus wrote: »
    That better not be the case! We still get XP when we complete tasks, it's just were maxed so it doesn't do anything. All that accumulated XP should still be banked and once the update happens, SHOULD be applied to our accounts! If it's not, then we need to find a way to hit EA in a way that hurts them enough to fix this oversight!

It wasn't an oversight, it was intentional. Level caps are intended to allow newer players to catch up a bit. For certain, all lvl 80 players will start on an even playing field when the level cap occurs.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

It wasn't an oversight, it was intentional. Level caps are intended to allow newer players to catch up a bit. For certain, all lvl 80 players will start on an even playing field when the level cap occurs.

Not really a level playing field. Those who got to 80 first are still going to be ahead in other areas of progression. But if your point is just the race to level 85 then yes.
  • Options
    For those of us who have been level 80 for several months already, will we be given credit for all the XP we've basically earned all this time we've been maxed? It wouldn't be at all fair if we had to start earning our way to 85 with someone who just became a level 80!

You mean by being level 80 for months and getting your arena teams at omega doesn't put you ahead of someone who just turned level 80 as the cap is raised? Oh, and being level 80 for several months mean your scoundrels are probably pretty well developed compared to a new level 80 for credit heist?

But yes, totes unfair
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst
  • Cashavelli
    303 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

You new to games?
  • Options

You mean by being level 80 for months and getting your arena teams at omega doesn't put you ahead of someone who just turned level 80 as the cap is raised? Oh, and being level 80 for several months mean your scoundrels are probably pretty well developed compared to a new level 80 for credit heist?

But yes, totes unfair

Uhhh, YEAH! If we've been playing the game longer and spent the time and effort (and money for those that p2p) to get to those levels, then obviously we should be credited for the XP we earned while maxed! I don't mean level up all our level 80 toons. I'm just saying our account should be awarded the level commensurate with the XP we've earned while maxed. We would still have to spend credits and everything to upgrade our individual toons.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

You're going to be severely disappointed.
  • Mogen
    69 posts Member
    Options
    This is the exact thing that I needed to pick me up after that sad event. I'm so excited for dual raids and increased levels. Can't wait to see what will come from higher level abilities.
  • Options

But yes, totes unfair

Uhhh, YEAH! If we've been playing the game longer and spent the time and effort (and money for those that p2p) to get to those levels, then obviously we should be credited for the XP we earned while maxed! I don't mean level up all our level 80 toons. I'm just saying our account should be awarded the level commensurate with the XP we've earned while maxed. We would still have to spend credits and everything to upgrade our individual toons.

I have never seen any game that ever banked xp once you hit max level, then give you that xp credited when they raise the cap. If they did that, so many players would instantly hit 85 upon the update. That would completely negate the whole point of introducing 5 new levels.

As I said earlier, if you're wanting to set realistic expectations, think of any other game that periodically raises the level cap (like WoW). Every new expansion, everyone at max level can start earning xp again.

Those of us who have large rosters will still have those large rosters, so we'll still have the advantage over a fresh 80. For example, if you have 20 maxed characters, you have a much shorter road to get 20 maxed level 85 character than a fresh 80 who maybe just has their 5 arena characters and 1 or 2 bench characters. For them to get 20 max 85 characters, the road will still be much longer.
This discussion has been closed.