Game Update 10/11/2016 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456718
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited October 2016
I'm jazzed to share this weeks update notes for 10/11/2016 :smiley:

WHAT'S NEW- Level cap increase
Are you once again ready to make your heroes more powerful than ever before? Let the training begin - the maximum level is being raised to LEVEL 85! In celebration of the level cap increasing to 85, double drops will be active in Galactic War until Friday. While you're partying on, please peruse the changes below:
  • Cantina battles Stage 8 unlocks at player level 83
  • Character gear adjustments have been made for the new 81-85 level cap
  • 81+ gear has been added to Shipments
  • New 80+ gear ingredients have been added to various locations of the game
  • New challenges are available
  • Campaign battles have a new stage added (Stage 9)
Light and Dark Side Battles
Light side Stage 9 campaign battles unlock at player level 82
Light side stage 9 HARD battles unlock at player level 82
Dark side stage 9 campaign battles unlocks at player level 85
Dark side stage 9 HARD battles unlock at player level 85
New achievements have been added for the following:
  • Cantina stage completion
  • Light Normal/Hard stage completions
  • Dark Normal/Hard stage completions
  • Level 85
Bugs:
  • Fixed a bug where the leaderboard from the previous raid attempt was not displaying after rewards were distributed.
  • Fixed and issue where the achievement for Cantina Stage 8 Battles is not displayed
  • Viewing the prizes and ranks tab in Squad Tournaments will load faster
  • Fixed a variety of infrequent crash bugs to improve overall stability
  • Fixed a typo on Old Daka's unique ability "Serve Again"
  • Shoretrooper: "Regroup" now correctly reduces in cooldown when buffs are dispelled from Shoretrooper.
  • Shoretrooper: Critical Chance Down applied by ‘Target Weapons’ will now correctly reduce Special Critical Chance
  • Notifications have been added when a guild member/officer has abandoned the raid
  • Fixed an issue where Bronzium packs would grant Two Star Clone Sergeant – Phase I instead of the intended One Star result
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when Luke Skywalker appears as an opponent

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/71511/game-update-10-11-2016/p1?new=1

Replies

• Options
    While the chat feature was a nice addition, my guild has been finding it hard to coordinate raid efforts. The chat bar only keeps messages up to a certain point. Why not add a feature where the guild leaders can send pm's to the members?
  • Options
    I think we need a pm system as well as a group chat option for guild leader and officers.
  • Options
    Yes definitely
  • Options
    This is a must.
    We use discord but only half guild on. We need a way to make sure members can/have read pm meant for them.
    I.e. Invites to join discord.
    Copy of raid rules.
    Inform of changes made
    Inform that they're on a violation or give warning of lack of teamwork.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    A guild message of the day would be great as well. Something that is always displayed in chat.
  • Options
    I second this, the ingame communication options makes it hard to run a Guild, and even harder to contact other players. When players leave it would be nice to know why, so that you can improve your guild.
  • Options
    Just had someone leave our guild because they didn't see the raid start time that was posted in chat throughout the last 2 days and missed it... being able to message individual members or set a MotD would've prevented the issue, or having the chat log store more messages.
  • Options
    Leader/officer chat and guild message are great ideas!! Let's make this happen! Thanks
  • Options
    I had literally just finished my 2nd GW run through when the client restart hit. Great. That's how many rewards missed because of no warning?
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just finished 24 GW battles before getting this in game update announcing double drops from now to Friday. I just lost 24 double drops. Good work, dev! Could have made it known to us a few days ago! This is unfair!

Consistency is what I value, you've let events shown for days before they open while haven't said a single word about this double drops. How consistent you are!

Some could have 72 double drops battles while others might have merely 36, this is 2.5m and 4.8k war tokens difference, only because of time zone.
    jXBfUXP.png
    Post edited by 3Edward9 on
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Nice one, stitched up the European players straight from the off! Thanks for giving everyone else a head start on us
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    why is anyone on the western hemisphere doing Gw right now? its 650 pm est. gw start for the east coast in 30 min lol
  • Options
    Jesus the gear you need. I thought raid gear looked bad.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe because they aren't on the Western Hemisphere?
  • Options
    Thanks for the client restart more then 15 hours since my Dailey restart. If I knew this was coming I would have saved my 300 crystal energy refreshes. Great job!!!! Insert Sarcasm
  • Options
    Guild mates laughing as they start their 24 gw run after I finish mine 30 minutes before update. That's nearly a million credits. Following getting 2 lowest values in credit heist teir iv whilst others get 12.5 million today I'm not having the best swgoh days today.
  • Options
    Who was released in the new Cantina/Hard Modes?
  • Options
    So back to only focusing on my top five arena team again. Just when it was starting to get fun leveling and gearing lesser used toons. Yawn.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    no toons can get to gear 12. only 2 or 3 spots for gear 11 toons are unlocked.
  • Options
    i played in many games ( zynga games and others) : never any game doesn t keep of mind what player did before the upgrade.
    We have to use credits and crystals to upgrade toons and in a few weeks we all we have some probkems....really in this game, the only thing works is to buy crystals
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Nice one, stitched up the European players straight from the off! Thanks for giving everyone else a head start on us

i got guildmates in spain blue****ing to do gw.
    someone always wants 36 gws
  • Options
    Ouch ... that really sucks. I had done my 24 GW nodes right after the guild activity reset ... and now this.
  • Options
    Why does every other game I play give players a heads up when huge updates come out and you guys don't? I'm assuming cause of greed and you don't care as long as money is coming in. Not saying that's wrong it just has the opposite effect on me
  • Options
    No clue what any of that meant
  • Options
    Boo Hoo try being a little guy who cant even get half way thru GW cause node 2 has its lowest player 2 lvls higher than your best player, or have a ton of lvl 80 players but gear 8 and face totally maxed ouf squads in 2 or 3 dif nodes .im all for making it a little harder but not do be able to finish it is just total ****. Its a daily challenge its not to be a total grind ,its bad enough of a grind trying to get lvl 9 or 10 gear which is next to imossible to to get. Spend a days worth of energy for 1 or 2 pcs of gear. Ally points a total waste might as well just take that out of game.my last 133 drops 3 char, 11 char shards , 10 training droids , 13 credits and 96 pcs of gear that i cant even use , not even including the daily freebies of crap you cant even use , not even 1 pc of purple gear use or not .
  • Options
    This is off to a great start. :(
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Can I say that I don't love the new in-game guild chat notifications? Every time a guild mate unlocks a new character, adds a star level to one, etc. it is announced in guild chat.
  • Options
    Update came, but xp still shows max, anyone confirm
  • Options
    Holy **** the gear wall, oh boy.. :s
  • Options
    Daily reset at 11:30 EST, already did my Galactic Wars for daily. I take it if your reset is early you're getting left out of this double rewards?
This discussion has been closed.