Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Options
    I like the challenge, but the bugs need fixing. GG laughs. I finish his Chroinies. His laugh is on CD. I taunt with STH. Instead of my guys with full TM going GG's fills up, he laughs, despite it being on CD and him not being touched since it went on CD. B2 comes back with both Guards, he shoots, breaks taunt, ability blocks all 5, despite heavy tenacity modded. Keep going. Use Tacticle Genius. Lando AOE, should get to go again GG was not buffed. Nope. B2 goes, the GG. Tacticle Genius ignored, just as CD was before. GG has attacked as many as 7 times in a row, nothing in his abilities give him 7 strait attacks. I could see 6 if Stars aligned if he kills people off and his TM fills faster he gets the bonuses, but 7 no way, and 6 enough times to take notice.

There are clear bugs in this raid, not just GG. I've entered with a blazing fast Rebel and Jedi and Droid team in P2, only to get hit 6 times before moving. 70k 5's, Facs, being 1 hit before you get a move in.

There are bugs for sure. Like I said I welcome a good challenge, but it needs to work correctly.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lmoon74 wrote: »
    It's more about top tier guilds having multiple "guilds". For example TI has 4. They hop constantly to get gear for their 200 members. The devs gave the keys to the city to guilds like that.

Much adieu about imaginary items. If the top guilds are favored it's because they spend enough to matter. And that keeps the game going, and free. Works for me. :)
  • Options
    You have to use a credit card, then it's easy. This game sucks **** !!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's a problem if that is the only way to complete it.

It's not the only way to beat it. Nothing wrong with the best 50 joining together to earn WF and then go back to their respective TI branches and raid like normal. What will happen is, 2 raids will occur in their normal branch but will only receive 1 reward since they did the WF already. Then it will be the normal restriction of 210k currency. When I beat the heroic, it was the same 50 from beginning to end.
    Nebulous wrote: »
    bitmoji wrote: »
    Guild hopping is going to be a really big thing with this raid.

Guild hopping will provide no raid rewards beyond two per week. You're telling me that there will be a mass influx of mercs who want to help people but will receive zero benefit other than helping others collect loot?

Honestly, I would if I could. Why not, the rewards aren't life changing so why worry about them, to some helping is it's own reward.

Life changing? Of course they aren't. This is a game to play in your spare time.

But, If you can commit your time to your guild and then help others on the side, then that's great. Not sure why it's a bad thing. I agree. You wouldn't be able to progress faster than anyone else and help others at the same time.

So tell me why are people mad about the current incarnation of guild hopping? It allows for mercs, which a lot of people wanted, and it gates rewards.

The current system, is creating an Elite mindset. Many want to be the only ones with certain heroes, or completed a certain mission or goal. It sets them apart. Me, I like hanging with good people, having fun, and forgetting my day to day hassles.

I've played many games where certain items/gears were only accessible by top players. This is no different. The "elite mindset" has already existed and will forever exist.

To me, it was the flawed Pit raid that has created the current defeated mindset of some players. Rancor was too easy. This raid isn't as easy.

Additionally, it is very possible to be at the top and still have a lot of good people to have fun with and forget about the day. Friendliness isnt just a quality among those who don't want to set themselves apart.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've been to many shops where certain items/gears were only accessible by top payers. This is no different. The "elite mindset" has already existed and will forever exist.

Not the same as a game... a game requires skill, knowledge, intellect and tactics. This isn't a game, it's a shop.
  • Options
    We had a ftp do over 1mil in our heroic. Just takes patience, planning, and coordination. Although I don't disagree that their should be easier tiers for up and coming guilds
  • Options
    I think this gets easier the closer you get to lab 85 gear X. Just a shame they didn't make a tier 5 raid with a little less HP. We are getting scary close to maxing out raid tickets before we wipe it. My guild gas to hold back on Rancir just so people get a hit in.
  • Options
    You guys are crazy. I just ran full maxed 41k jawa vs p3 of the heroic for 150k damage. You guys are kidding yourselves.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Wait til you get to p2....

How much hp does p2 have?

From my calculations... About 76million. It is easier to do higher damage numbers though.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    To be clear, when people argue that the new raid is too hard, they are either discussing bugs with GG (like attacking 6-7 times in a row) or they are discussing the obscene number of hp the bosses have in normal. I don't think anyone in complaining about the game play being to challenging... the simple fact is that 30,000,000 hp on GG is waaaay too much.

For example, I can do 1,500,000 in phase 4 of heroic rancor with my best 5 teams, but only 750,000 in phase 1 of the normal AAT raid. That makes it twice has hard... which is fine... that's why it's called progression. The problem is that while p4 of heroic rancor has 2m health, normal GG has 30m... so now it's not twice as hard, it's 30x harder... that's not progression, that's a brick wall... that's very, very bad game design.

To everyone saying that leveling to 85 will help and developing strategy and comp will help... you are bad at math, and have no idea what you are talking about. Those things will barely make a dent in a progression path that jumps by a factor of 30.
  • Options
    I have a feeling the difficulty is going to divide current guilds. Whales are going to start leaving their guilds that aren't pure whale guilds because they're simply not going to be able to compete for long with fellow whales on their arena servers that are in pure whale guilds that are getting tons more of the new gear. I could be wrong though..
  • Options
    You guys are crazy. I just ran full maxed 41k jawa vs p3 of the heroic for 150k damage. You guys are kidding yourselves.

That is where it proves that it's not only about who buys more than others... With that same team I could do 500k damage...

So yeah there is strategy and thinking ... It's not only paying and guild hopping , at least if u want to do it clean...
  • Waterdog01
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My guild is not earth shattering strong (f2p and up to 10k mix) but we tried heroic anyways. Didn't work out too well. We are ok with that.... kind of.....

My issue now is this: I and most others as well, don't have the time to grind on "normal" mode 7 days a week. The raid is crazy slow, the attacks have to be as good as possible because your guild needs all it can get. Spending an hour each evening on the normal mode just isn't going to work.

I'll hang it up and consider my 5k in the game a lesson learned. Can't put good money on bad money and expect things to get better.

What a terrible excuse for an advancement in the game.

Having waited months for this raid to come out my expectations were higher than this. It seems the lack of content has been bandaided by a monumental feat that will take the next 6 months to really master. Thus CG doesn't need to work on any other major advances in content? That's the only thing I can come up with. Just give them an elephant to eat, with only a spork to do it with.

If it wasn't for the friends in the guild I would have deleted it months ago. Hung on this long for the new raid..... just to find out it's a waste of time.
  • Options
    What's the best way to mod Ugnaught, ptency and crit chance or damage sets?
  • Options
    Title
  • Options
    The challenge is great. Working together and using multiple toons is what it's all about. However, at the moment the new raid seems a bit too tough for most guilds. For sure we will be wasting raid tickets as this raid will take several days.

Maybe you could add a slightly more doable tier for us.
  • DomLon
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So i just fought with Anakin against the AAT on Phase 2. Three times i used his AOE, three times he did four crit attacks. Normally, my toons should have get offense up, but they didn't.
    Am I missing something or is it bugged?
    There were no buff immunities or other kind of debuffs on my toons.
  • Options
    It's a problem if that is the only way to complete it.

It's not the only way to beat it. Nothing wrong with the best 50 joining together to earn WF and then go back to their respective TI branches and raid like normal. What will happen is, 2 raids will occur in their normal branch but will only receive 1 reward since they did the WF already. Then it will be the normal restriction of 210k currency. When I beat the heroic, it was the same 50 from beginning to end.
    bitmoji wrote: »
    Guild hopping is going to be a really big thing with this raid.

Guild hopping will provide no raid rewards beyond two per week. You're telling me that there will be a mass influx of mercs who want to help people but will receive zero benefit other than helping others collect loot?

Honestly, I would if I could. Why not, the rewards aren't life changing so why worry about them, to some helping is it's own reward.

Life changing? Of course they aren't. This is a game to play in your spare time.

But, If you can commit your time to your guild and then help others on the side, then that's great. Not sure why it's a bad thing. I agree. You wouldn't be able to progress faster than anyone else and help others at the same time.

So tell me why are people mad about the current incarnation of guild hopping? It allows for mercs, which a lot of people wanted, and it gates rewards.

The current system, is creating an Elite mindset. Many want to be the only ones with certain heroes, or completed a certain mission or goal. It sets them apart. Me, I like hanging with good people, having fun, and forgetting my day to day hassles.

I've played many games where certain items/gears were only accessible by top players. This is no different. The "elite mindset" has already existed and will forever exist.

To me, it was the flawed Pit raid that has created the current defeated mindset of some players. Rancor was too easy. This raid isn't as easy.

Additionally, it is very possible to be at the top and still have a lot of good people to have fun with and forget about the day. Friendliness isnt just a quality among those who don't want to set themselves apart.

Hopefully it will become the norm, not the exception. :)
  • Options
    I did potency, defense and tenacity. 3* Speed arrow, crit dmg triangle and speed secondaries if I had them. But so far doing well in raids. Looking forward to maxing.
  • Options
    I notice the same .
  • Options
    Simply put the new tank raid needs more tiers. I'm in a guild with lots of strong ftp players and some rooks and we can't make a dent in the normal version. With the rancor we could easily do T6 when it first came out. I'm going to bet that it'll take us at least 4 days to clear AAT normal which means we'll be over our coin cap. Having only two incredibly challenging tiers is a huge punishment to the majority of the player base who are not whales, or guilds that have a range of players. Simply put its sloppy development and unfair to only have two tiers.
  • Options
    Waterdog01 wrote: »
    My guild is not earth shattering strong (f2p and up to 10k mix) but we tried heroic anyways. Didn't work out too well. We are ok with that.... kind of.....

My issue now is this: I and most others as well, don't have the time to grind on "normal" mode 7 days a week. The raid is crazy slow, the attacks have to be as good as possible because your guild needs all it can get. Spending an hour each evening on the normal mode just isn't going to work.

I'll hang it up and consider my 5k in the game a lesson learned. Can't put good money on bad money and expect things to get better.

Having waited months for this raid to come out my expectations were higher than this. It seems the lack of content has been bandaided by a monumental feat that will take the next 6 months to really master. Thus CG doesn't need to work on any other major advances in content? That's the only thing I can come up with. Just give them an elephant to eat, with only a spork to do it with.

If it wasn't for the friends in the guild I would have deleted it months ago. Hung on this long for the new raid..... just to find out it's a waste of time.

I'm in the same boat, I was delusional to think my guild (who can beat T7 Pit raid in 2 hours) would be able to slow grind this raid. I was hoping that after 3 days we'd be 1/2 way thru, not still in P1 with participation dropping.
  • Options
    Right before the update rolled out I hit level 81. Trained my leading toons and thought I would be doing okay in Arena and GW... but it seems like my squad is doing less damage than it used to in each area. Anyone else feeling nerfed?

For example, Phasma lead, JKA, Rey, RG, QGJ.
  • Options
    It's utterly demoralizing and boring as hell.
  • Options
    I logged 1.35 million damage in phase 1 of "normal". Probably could have done another 200-300k if I moved mods and tried harder with squad 4-5. It's slow, its too hard for the average player, and is NOT worth the time out of my evenings to grind on it daily. It's worse than GW.

I always laughed at the galactic chore jokes because I could spare 20-30 minutes to run GW. I won't lose 1-2 hours a night to get mediocre rewards every 8-11 days. Probably get more efficient and all that so 1 hour a night after a few days, still not going to happen.
  • Options
    Have seen the same thing. Could just be that normal ai rng. But with 4 crits it really should be sticking.
  • Options
    JbizzyG wrote: »
    Waterdog01 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat, I was delusional to think my guild (who can beat T7 Pit raid in 2 hours) would be able to slow grind this raid. I was hoping that after 3 days we'd be 1/2 way thru, not still in P1 with participation dropping.

I'm in @Waterdog01 and @JJBagger guild. We understand exactly where you're coming from. We can zerg a Heroic Rancor raid in 20ish minutes with about half the guild participating. Being caught off guard by the insanity of the new tank raid is an understatement.

The fact that EA may lose big money spenders like us should give them major cause for concern. How on earth did they believe they would increase their revenues solidly with this new disaster of a raid when they can't even fix simple game mechanics first?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think the guilds who are doing heroic should have a go at normal mode and see what all the anger is about. The HPs are insane and it's a slug fest day after day after day. We're still on P1, and we're a good guild with good rosters and as a team clear rancor T7.

Feels like it's been tuned for heroic only.

What do we do with the other guys? Hey let's just quadruple the HP and ignore their moans and they'll get tired of trying it and buy the gear in the shop..

Xio
  • Options
    We went with Heroic from the start just to get a feel for it, and we were given free coins after all. I think most of us agree it wasn't a waste and it was a huge learning experience, even though we only made it part-way through Phase 2. About 8 hours ago, we abandoned it and started Normal and in that time, managed to whittle away half of GG's health. It looks like this raid would take us up to a week to complete max, so it's not as bad as I imagined it would be (albeit still a huge grind), we won't be wasting as many coins from capping AND we get to experience the later phases. Weekly rewards are better than no rewards after all.

A lot of us have decent rosters and still find Normal incredibly overtuned.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    and a decent guild can only finish one normal raid every month

Where u get that from? This will take my guild, which, by all standards, is decent and nothing more than decent, around 1 week to finish...

Remember the beginnings of rancor? We did t5's and it took us 2 refreshes on the first try and it became less and less and when we moved to t6 (i think maybe 5-10 t5's in), it took us 3 refreshes, next time it was 2 and we moved to heroic sooner than we thought...