Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• RFD
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's hard, I'm glad it has new things to learn that require out of the box thinking. TI leadership is fantastic in the art of organizational skills. My other 199 TI team members and myself have that mentality of work smarter, not harder. Being one of the 50 on the WF team, waiting 3 days (but we all were well prepared to wait longer as nobody had a clue when it would drop nor what to expect other than the GIFS pics the Devs provided) and taking what we did know as individuals that are all an 1. Working Adult, 2. A statistical geek 3. A Star Wars nutcase, 4. Staying up all night and all day doing availability rollcall, 5. Learning new Methods of Evasion and the current Dodge Meta in our own home when the wife goes into Devour Mode, 6. Rescheduling our real personal lives to make sacrifices for 199 other people We've never met, 7. Laugh at the names and bitterness from our loyal devoted hatefanclub here on the forum and throwing us all into an online chat room to think of ways to gain 2-3% of a phase based off an animated GIF file
    screenshot. Sign me up!!!!

As far as I know, that doesn't really require any money to do, it just requires a fully functioning brain and the understanding of in game terminology and definitions, how RNG works against (and for) you, the statistical modification alteration system (SMAS/MODS) and which ones to farm (in my case, never purchased a mod but guilty of refreshes of energy and sometimes to **** amounts based off Jagermeister intake levels), and the ability to resolve an upcoming issue in the game to ensure that the 150 team members that wanted to be in your spot and the 49 others you're brainstorming with won't be let down if you screw the pooch because you added CUP into your lineup of level 82 G10/11 toons that's taken almost an entire year of daily regimentation to build..... based off once again, an animated GIF of a bunch of droids, GG and a flying Rocket Launching version of B2 that appears to be related to Satan in the Southpark movie. I can't possibly wonder why people would want to join us.... plus get ridiculed to no end through great lengths for it.

Want to know how to build a deep and viable roster? I spend as much time in the game as I can, I check the forum for dev notes daily and then ruuuuuunnnn Forrest....ruuuuuuuuuuun!!!

The time you invest to farm and build your roster vs making accusations and everything that goes with it is the difference

My motto - Life Sucks get a helmet

My annual post is complete, back to your regularly scheduled retardedness
    Games, Guns, Guitars, and Harleys

Team Instinct

• pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RFD wrote: »
    5. Learning new Methods of Evasion and the current Dodge Meta in our own home when the wife goes into Devour Mode

wow you can dodge Devour !?! I thought it was not possible - everybody knows after Devour you are dead :smile: LOL

EDIT: what a whale - you can dodge your wife's devour - I can imagine how much money you've spent for that :smile:
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    EDIT: what a whale - you can dodge your wife's devour - I can imagine how much money you've spent for that :smile:

The tactic goes like this:
    "Honey, i have arranged a babysitter that takes care of the kids while you get to go on an extended trip to your favorite spa! Here are all my credit cards and a caddy will be at yr beck and call for all the shopping!"
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is basically a MMO, albeit a very abridged version. Anyone here remember DAoC ? How many weeks it took when a new raid came out ? Or AQ40 in WoW when it was 1st released ? Top progression guilds took days of preparation, farming for gear and expendables in order to get wiped by the 1st boss for 10 hours straight.

U have it easy here, far easier. Normal will get cleared, u cant fail, no time limit. The same way those games played, it took a concerted effort, ppl working together, every player doing exactly what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it.
    You can't expect to just have 50 ppl throw their Rancor and Arena squads in GG's face and come out a winner.

Those games had horrible communication platforms as well which is why many went to Ventrilo or something similar. This isn't supposed to be easy. Normal mode will take my guild...rated right around 200 regularly...about a week to complete judging by our 1st day performance of 60% completion of p1.

Rancor raid had so many complaints...we have to limit damage...too easy...we want a challenge. Well, now u have 1. Respond accordingly. Develop the teams u need, practice, practice, practice. Communicate and organize.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Options

The tactic goes like this:
    "Honey, i have arranged a babysitter that takes care of the kids while you get to go on an extended trip to your favorite spa! Here are all my credit cards and a caddy will be at yr beck and call for all the shopping!"

a small edit - "Here are all my credit cards except one. I still have to gear up Ugnaught" LOL
  • Options
    Talk about a huge disappointment. I am all for difficult, but this raid is ridiculous. Most guilds may finish once before Episode 8 comes out December 2017.
    Animations are incredibly slow.
    There is no strategy, just throw as many teams as you can and pray it does enough damage. Most my guild mates have realized if they auto they get about the same score as actually playing.
    Why were tiers not given like in the Rancor Raid? This raid caters to those who spend crazy amounts of money.
    Jawa and Jedi bonuses don't help them be more successful than other teams, ex. Wiggs and AOE meta does better.
    I'm fine making it so one person can't solo it, but the health is insane. This makes it a boring and mindless grind.
    Level 85 won't make a bit of difference, and you can't get the raid exclusive gear without finishing the raid first.
    T6 Description says it's tuned for Level 80 with MK 5 Mods - that's a load of crap.
    I don't expect to be able to beat heroic first thing and get Kenobi, but come on. How this raid is currently tuned most guilds won't finish normal for months.
    I know some will disagree and I respect that, but this raid has successfully alienated 95% of the player base. I have always felt this game provided a fair challenge to all and difficulty was on par. But it's crazy to think that this raid is balanced. I guess our only hope is ships may change how things are. Otherwise this raid is definitely the most unbalanced and disappointing update SWGOH has had.

• Options
    Very true. Not mentioning Guild leader in our guild hadn't logged in for months, so we haven't got tickets =\
  • Options
    It'll be doable in August.

Also brightside here: You never run out of currency to start the next month of grinding, eh i mean "awesome new raid".

May GG taunt you for questioning this balanced system.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CoReTeX wrote: »
    It'll be doable in August.
    Sounds reasonable, our guild started Normal Tier last Saturday and we are about to clear Phase 1.
    Post edited by rawman on
  • Options
    It's Halloween soon. This is the treat.
  • Options
    I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the new raid, but the Bosses are bullet sponges. Our guild of mainly F2P and a few whales, me included, have taken on average 4 turns each and are only a 1/2 completed with the second phase. At our current pace we won't finish it within a week. The health levels for the bosses need to be decreased. EA if you are listening do the right thing and lower the boss health for the normal level.
  • Options
    I really like it....
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    It's infuriating now but I suspect a strategy will develop over the next few weeks as we level up. Bullet sponge bosses killed Destiny when it came out because it's an artificial difficulty not placing a focus on strategy. Give it a few weeks and we'lll see if people can start doing meaningful damage in a turn.
  • hoot
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This raid is meant for characters that had mods from modgate. once they corrected the mods it makes this raid a lot more challenging.
  • Options
    I agree that the raid mechanics are a lot of fun, but the bosses just have too much health in normal tier at the moment. When they say that it's tuned for characters that are level 80/gear 10, and even then it takes several days to clear each phase, something seems out of sync.
  • Options
    #bufftheaatraid
  • Options
    Either a serious rebalancing or new lower tiers is needed. Whichever way it's taking so long my guild will max out the coins before it's even done with this raid. We can actually beat t6 rancor in like 5 to 6 hours. Just a little over halfway done with p2 since the new raids release.
  • Options
    It's seems cheap. They attack six times every time. Between dots, speed down, and counter. It's hard to put up a good attack. B2 gets 100% turn meter for every attack we do. Just wish it was more thought out. Instead of every detrimental effect being thrown at you at every turn. Actually it's is total cheap. Don't know why they think this is entertaining. It's just boring.
  • Options
    Cal_Roth wrote: »
    Either a serious rebalancing or new lower tiers is needed. Whichever way it's taking so long my guild will max out the coins before it's even done with this raid. We can actually beat t6 rancor in like 5 to 6 hours. Just a little over halfway done with p2 since the new raids release.

no - I don't think so. You're just not ready for new raid - think of it as a tier 8 of Pit raid and yes you will loose raid tickets, but you don't have to make any additional effort to earn it.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    and a decent guild can only finish one normal raid every month

Where u get that from? This will take my guild, which, by all standards, is decent and nothing more than decent, around 1 week to finish...

Remember the beginnings of rancor? We did t5's and it took us 2 refreshes on the first try and it became less and less and when we moved to t6 (i think maybe 5-10 t5's in), it took us 3 refreshes, next time it was 2 and we moved to heroic sooner than we thought...

Well... I suppose this turns on your definition of "decent."

At least you provided some facts, though the facts undercut your argument rather than support it. My guild only just started heroic rancor, and we have been in the 3000-4000 range in guild rankings... there are more than 10,000 guilds. If your guild moved to heroic rancor no more than 20 rounds in, I'm guessing your guild ranking is quite a bit higher.

I would define a "decent" guild as one that is middle of the pack... if we assume that as many as 3000 guilds are inactive or a personal license plate for a single player, then my guild is right in the middle... it is "decent" by my definition. My guild is about 25% into phase 1. At this rate it will be a month to finish, if everyone makesbl thebl effort every day... something I find unlikely.

In fact, I was being generous when I said 1 month... or I was just rounding down... I'm any case, its waaaay too long.

I'm another post I said I can do 1.5m damage in phase 4 heroic rancor and only 750k in phase 1 normal AAT. That makes the new raid, more or less, 2x more difficult. It also has 15x more health... meaning phase 1 of the lowest difficulty setting on the new raid is 30x more difficult than the final phase of the last raid on the highest difficulty setting... that is absurdly bad game design.

I've raided in WoW for years... so I can say with certainty that if the first boss of a new tier on normal or even heroic was even 1% more difficult than the final boss of the last tier, on Mythic, there would be a revolt.
  • Options
    The new raid presents all sorts of interesting issues and opportunities. That said, if something is not done to make it easier (and I would bet money that ships make it considerably easier), then it will break guilds apart. It is easy enough for moderate spenders to carry a guild through rancor raids and F2P players can also build a single raid squad for the rancor and have success. The new raid doesn't allow either of those things. Thus, there is a huge incentive for spenders in non-top guilds to abandon ship and look for a top squad. I think there will be adjustments made, perhaps even releasing a tier 5 version of the raid, but if not, the pressure to join top guilds will only grow as people start unlocking Kenobi.

Something interesting to follow...
  • biggles
    1144 posts Member
    Options
    yes i agree not fun at all we are still on p1 and have a full guild. im fine with the limited damage thats possible no more soloing. but the 40mil hp on top of it was completely unneccesary i fail to see what this has achieved. 10mil hp would be appropriate
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want it to be easier, the heroic raid should only be completed 'genuinely' by teams like Instinct etc, I want something to work towards, I'm either not as caring in my farming or don't have the spare funds available to be on the same level, I'm absolutely fine with that, it's how life is in general anyway :smile:

The idea of buddying up with other guilds in order to complete it with 100-200 players is a little sickening to say the least. How can this be the way the game is going? Hopefully the devs will either quash this from happening or make guild partnering a real 'thing'.

I can handle not being in the top 1%, not being in the top 10% is something else completely!
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Question: I send in my team, fight, see damage inflicted against GG, and his addys. I defeat them a few times, and then I'm defeated. My grand total of damage? ZERO. WTH? How can it be zero if his addys were defeated over and over?
  • Options
    I agree. Its not the challenge aspect. I like a challenege. But in general when you feel you're not contributing to the overall damage in the slightest, it's more like "what's the point?" The raid is not fun because there's no real sense of individual progress. There's no real chance to do better than your last attempt for a looooooong time.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Very true. Not mentioning Guild leader in our guild hadn't logged in for months, so we haven't got tickets =\

Leader doesn't activate the tickets.

• Options
    They've long touted "new battle mechanics". I haven't seen anything that would constitute as new aside from enemies getting random 100% TM
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Question: I send in my team, fight, see damage inflicted against GG, and his addys. I defeat them a few times, and then I'm defeated. My grand total of damage? ZERO. WTH? How can it be zero if his addys were defeated over and over?

but it is same like p1 of Pit ?!? if you hit just guards no damage..
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

That means it time to leave
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »

but it is same like p1 of Pit ?!? if you hit just guards no damage..

Right... forgot that... and crap rewards from rancor raid (2nd place) as well. It's Monday.