Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Difficulty is fine, what's not fine is guild hopping being booster to a whole new level, everyone will have General Kenobi and gear 11 everything in record time. Everyone has to join in doing it or drop like a brick in arena. The raid is great but the divisions this will cause if not fixed are probably worse than precrafting and modgate
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Difficulty is fine, what's not fine is guild hopping being booster to a whole new level, everyone will have General Kenobi and gear 11 everything in record time. Everyone has to join in doing it or drop like a brick in arena. The raid is great but the divisions this will cause if not fixed are probably worse than precrafting and modgate

This I agree entirely
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There is a limit as to how many shards a player can earn per week. All the extreme, outlier form of hopping you're doomsday speech is referring to, would only make everyone get him at roughly the same time. This hopping is know where near the infamy as Han Solo shards.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    There is a limit as to how many shards a player can earn per week. All the extreme, outlier form of hopping you're doomsday speech is referring to, would only make everyone get him at roughly the same time. This hopping is know where near the infamy as Han Solo shards.
    Agreed, it also stops the alt farming coins that allowed for raid gear and credits.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous but only for guilds who are hopping which will be less than 10% so basically nobody will be getting the gear or shards at the same rate in any way, shape or form. Cool.
  • Options
    The hopping as it is now is gonna slow down drastically. Nobody wants to do that when they can just consolidate into a guild that can easily handle it. It's going to completely destroy the community that has been built up for the last months, which is the biggest problem.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    @Nebulous but only for guilds who are hopping which will be less than 10% so basically nobody will be getting the gear or shards at the same rate in any way, shape or form. Cool.
    Heroic is already the gate. So not everyone can get the shards. This was the same as Han Solo. It's okay for some players to get rewards others can't achieve.

The hopping you're still referring too doesn't allow for certain players to have hundreds of raid takedown rewards and alt guilds farming coins. There is currently a hard limit per week curbing raid rewards as I type this. That didn't exist when Han Solo launched. The only handcuff was how quickly a player could swap between limitless amount of guilds to tag the boss for shards. Then the 48 hour still allowed for alts to earn coins to work around the cooldown. None of that exists right now.

If people choose to hop, they can only get rewards for 2 or so raids in the week. Irrespective of how many they compete in. This is not the even close to the same as The Pit raid. Cool.
  • Options
    I think we now know why the raid was delayed so long before release...

They had to wait for the test group to actually finish a "normal" raid.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My question, given the difficulty level of the recent raid, will future Guild related content be equally difficult if not moreso? What about non guild content? I ask because, if being in a top guild is a must, it could be time to make some decisions, and move forward or wave goodbye.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous at 90k coins per raid, you can't actually do more than 2 per week anyway. Also, the difference is that ONLY guild hoppers and super elite guilds can complete the heroic raid so the difference is not just 1 of pace collecting gear and shards, it's a complete cut off, hop or get nothing. Cool.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Nebulous at 90k coins per raid, you can't actually do more than 2 per week anyway. Also, the difference is that ONLY guild hoppers and super elite guilds can complete the heroic raid so the difference is not just 1 of pace collecting gear and shards, it's a complete cut off, hop or get nothing. Cool.

The two per week is to limit folks from moving to different guilds, or alt guild and collect rewards beyond the two. I am well aware we can earn 210 and spend 180 for 2 heroics.

Super elite guilds will always be able to defeat the Heroic. So its not hop or get nothing. I started with 50 and ended with the same 50. Nothing else.

As far as hopping, how many merc threads have you seen in the forum? Are you advocating zero tolerance to helping strangers out? Additionally, with guilds who have 100+ members, why is it a bad thing to help the team become better as a whole? The limit will still prevent team members from out pacing each other. They'd advance at the same pace. To me, that's the definition of teamwork.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous each to their own but personally I don't think multiple guilds combining is the way forward. If it is and that's how the game is intended then so be it but for the developers to go through the effort to stop it from happening only for this result, it seems it's not intended.

I think it's a bit sad if the ultimate goal of the game is now to work with other guilds, they might as well just make the guilds 100 members. We will see how they respond but I think it's fair to say this isn't 'working as intended'.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an idea, raise the limit of daily attemps for normal. Let the guilds that have some people with big rosters be carried so they can end it in a reasonable amount of days.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    What I completely don't understand are any of the people saying that this is "End Game Content", or that your guild can do it so everyone can. It is nearly impossible for most guilds, and extremely hard for the ones that are even past P1. EA never claimed for it to be "end game", so why all of the wait? We wasted months since essentially the Palpatine event for some new content (I'm not counting the broken tournament), and this pushes back all of the bug fixes, reworks, etc. When "August" finally comes in late October, we expected something that people can actually do. I'm fine with not getting insane late gear from a potential easier tier, but to view this as an extension of the Rancor Raid is crazy, because there is no reason why we shouldn't have lower tiers, so guilds will actually stick together, be able to complete a raid at all, and not make the top dogs leave. If you think this raid is fine, you clearly aren't experience the struggles that the normal guilds are feeling.

+1. I don't understand this. Everyone saying this raid is meant to be so hard needs to show me where EA/CG has stated so. Nowhere did they say that this raid is intended ONLY for the whale guilds out there. They just always transported the message that this will be more complex and more challenging. We don't mind challenging but we do consider this as false advertisement. A lot of use were heavily preparing for this new raid just to realize that this didn't made any difference because we will need weeks anyway. What a disappointment!
    Maraxus wrote: »
    That's why the correct move here is to ask for easier tier... T4/5

I've done so already and so did a lot of of others here actually. So now we wait an see if someone from EA/CG can answer this very simple and obvious question: Why no lower tiers? @EA_Jesse
  • Options

So true....sad but true

• Options
    I think an equation based on the amount of $ spent, the number of days spent playing the game and the strength of the Guild a player is in should be used to allocate players to servers. :)
  • Options
    Could you please speed up the raid animation.
    Pretty please. We have only limited time here.
    I really dont fancy to watch him move from left to right for almost a whole Minute before I have a turn
  • Options
    I don't mind the difficulty but I am on phase 2 and anytime I bring in a new team that **** canon takes out one of my toons. That is incredibly annoying. This happens regardless of the team. I try choosing quicker toons or use qgj as lead with jedi team but it does nothing. The canon keeps taking one toon out at the start.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    Its
    Miepmorp wrote: »
    I really dont fancy to watch him move from left to right for almost a whole Minute before I have a turn

This
  • Azadum
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    mrum wrote: »
    I don't mind the difficulty but I am on phase 2 and anytime I bring in a new team that **** canon takes out one of my toons. That is incredibly annoying. This happens regardless of the team. I try choosing quicker toons or use qgj as lead with jedi team but it does nothing. The canon keeps taking one toon out at the start.

Happening to me too. I lose one toon before I even have a chance to attack one time.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I guess my issue with the raid is the on normal even with excellent squads its going to take more time to clear that it does to generate coins to launch it, so you'll also be losing coins to overcap. I don't much care for the design that heroic is short (with restrictions) and normal is just a massive slog. Its the same problem from the Rancor raid.

Couldn't they have the same HP, and heroic just have the additional restrictions and higher enemy non-hp stats? This wouldn't change the difficulty, just the amount of time it takes to clear.

This. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't want to 'work' on whittling down GG or the tank EVERY DAY. It's not even about losing coins to the cap because we'll never notice. By the time you finish the raid, you'll be able to start another one - repeat - repeat etc.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options

Haha the difficulty is the only reason this hopping is happening.... No one can actually get any extra rewards doing it. It is just literally the only way 99% of the people can finish heroic
  • Options
    Miepmorp wrote: »

Yes please!
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    I just wanted to echo the one issue that's been brought up many times in this thread - the tank's animation is painfully slow and frustrating to watch. Seems like an easy thing to fix.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options

So true....sad but true

No it's not true at all, it's impossible actually. Nobody can collect more than a certain amount each week.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Here's an idea, raise the limit of daily attemps for normal. Let the guilds that have some people with big rosters be carried so they can end it in a reasonable amount of days.

Oh boy, time to swap mods 2x as much! It's already insane...Lower the hp
  • Options
    Azadum wrote: »
    mrum wrote: »

Happening to me too. I lose one toon before I even have a chance to attack one time.

Check the canon tm ... If it is pretty full send a one man team so that he dies and uses the canon tm, then send ur real team (on heroic when u aren't limited by amounts of tries)
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

This is a good idea to LVl a bit the field
  • Azadum
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Check the canon tm ... If it is pretty full send a one man team so that he dies and uses the canon tm, then send ur real team (on heroic when u aren't limited by amounts of tries)

That's a good idea, but we won't be doing heroic for a very, very, very long time. If you don't have a large number of whales, it doesn't seem possible. My guild has one whale total. heh
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I think we now know why the raid was delayed so long before release...

They had to wait for the test group to actually finish a "normal" raid.

Bahahaha.