Possible solution to Poe.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Is ben even fast enough w/jinn as leader to counter poe?
    I stun him w/ dooku soemtimes but its like 1-5 lol cause we all know how unreiable dookus stun is aginst non-jedi.
    Beyond an unreiable dooku, i just try an weather the storm as best my team can an attenpt to stage a comeback if im not too far dead
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Does Poe really need nerfed? Or do we need an increase in other chars hp or a nerf on damage?
  • Options
    Nervi wrote: »
    @topic

Else rename this forum to "Poe and characters" since he makes any strategy invalid.

I really cannot understand why he's not being balanced after this long, there's no need to kill the character but he can be fixed so easily by tunning down his speed / removing the so unnecesary meter reduction or target exposing(fine that's the Poe grp/race gimmick but it's so strong it's borderline dumb).

And don't even start with the QgJ-Ben thing until both are Farmeable, and even if, that should never be necessary just to counter 1 solo character(and that's assuming it even works).

Constructive feedback only please.

Stun QGJ or any Jedi with Dooku and focus fire on Poe or any dps if Poe has not taunted. If you can't take down either one before a heal takes place, your team lack the damage to be successful in Arena.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Does Poe really need nerfed? Or do we need an increase in other chars hp or a nerf on damage?
    A nerf on damage. Lmao. Teams with rey fotp and etc usually KO 2 chars in the first turn lmao. Its terribly unbalanced
  • Options
    The answer for a handful of over performing characters is to Nerf everyone...seems legit.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    @topic

Else rename this forum to "Poe and characters" since he makes any strategy invalid.

I really cannot understand why he's not being balanced after this long, there's no need to kill the character but he can be fixed so easily by tunning down his speed / removing the so unnecesary meter reduction or target exposing(fine that's the Poe grp/race gimmick but it's so strong it's borderline dumb).

And don't even start with the QgJ-Ben thing until both are Farmeable, and even if, that should never be necessary just to counter 1 solo character(and that's assuming it even works).

Stun QGJ or any Jedi with Dooku and focus fire on Poe or any dps if Poe has not taunted. If you can't take down either one before a heal takes place, your team lack the damage to be successful in Arena.

Poe taunts(he always goes first as you should know) , now all my characters act Last his GS/Lumi/Rey/Dooku/QgJ/Sid etcetera kill two of my characters, 3v5 and all I can hit is a 200 million tenacity tank (because he also needs that) with 3 weakened and possibly exposed characters.

Please, if you are not 63 or more and top 20 or better you don't even understand the problem i'm trying to expose on this post, so, yeah, I also was beating Poe's at level 50 since he Being so broken as a character could still be countered as damage is easily manageable with JC/Lumi healing, for instance.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

You suddenly make healing overpowered then.
  • Options
    Reality is, PVP is all about speed and high damage attackers. If you don't have fast, high damage attackers that can get off before a Poe taunt, or kill him with 1-2 shots once he does taunt, you will get slaughtered.

Otherwise, use Poe yourself and hope yours goes first.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people that complain about Poe and the other characters like FOTP, Leia, and GS doing too much damage might benefit from the devs making every character the same speed, do the same damage, and have the same skills. Every match would end in a draw and a free lollipop. There would be no theory crafting necessary. They wouldn't have to spend the time trying to come up with a new strategy or best work around with the pieces they have. Everything would be handed to them and they would be happy. Because obviously everything in life and games are, and should be, equal.

Quit complaining about Poe. Either join the meta, be a forerunner for the new meta, or use what you have to work around it. But for the love of raptor baby jesus, quit writing new threads that say the same thing as 2/3 of the threads on the board. There should just be a sticky thread titled Poe where people like the OP can just go there and write QQ. The rest of us would get the message. Poe made you a sad panda and you want the world to know.
  • Options
    Only Dooku, Sid, Leia and GS (from the viable character pool) are faster than Poe tho, so that's a quite specific setup to counter just one character, don't you think. And this is assuming they all are max gear, otherwise it wouldn't even work.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people that complain about Poe and the other characters like FOTP, Leia, and blah blah blah

Thanks for your opinion, appreciated as much as usefull and informative as it was.
  • Options
    Just as Poe has to be maxed gear to be viable. His meter reduction and expose aren't 100%. There are plenty of guys to shred off his taunt, or AOE to work around it. Having the enemy's Poe go first doesn't mean you automatically lose.
  • Options
    High damage aoe teams can beat Poe teams as well....most teams hide their glass cannons behind Poe...
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The worst thing about this 'joke' is there isn't enough characters viable as end game meta. I'm not complaining about not being able to win since I do get #1 arena better than 9/10 times and currently stay in top 10 all day, sometimes dropping top top 20, it's just not as fun seeing the same 2 or 3 teams with slight variations for the main.

Hopefully the game can get a little bit more equalising of various toons, not identical, just more characters are viable so we see them in arena, especially top 50 I guess is the worst for the same team setups (or higher)

*edited * as I hadn't finished original post and had to drive family, phone must've turned on and posted while in pocket lol
    Post edited by Wazlinski on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Only Dooku, Sid, Leia and GS (from the viable character pool) are faster than Poe tho, so that's a quite specific setup to counter just one character, don't you think. And this is assuming they all are max gear, otherwise it wouldn't even work.

None of them are faster than Poe in first turn. All of them act in round 7, as Poe
  • Options
    Poe is limiting design space for future content TBH.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Poe is limiting design space for future content TBH.

Not really imo. He allows squishy and slower heroes to stick around. Without him, it would be 5 of the fastest dps characters.
  • Options
    My Poe is only level 50, so maybe I just understand his true power yet. I am level 66 and seldom encounter Poe teams that seem unbeatable. Sure Poe leader with a team of dps droids behind him is very tough, but I encounter that team maybe once every 10 matches. What is stopping you from just using Sidious to drop a healing debuff on him, and then focus firing him?
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @topic

Poe taunts(he always goes first as you should know) , now all my characters act Last his GS/Lumi/Rey/Dooku/QgJ/Sid etcetera kill two of my characters, 3v5 and all I can hit is a 200 million tenacity tank (because he also needs that) with 3 weakened and possibly exposed characters.

Please, if you are not 63 or more and top 20 or better you don't even understand the problem i'm trying to expose on this post, so, yeah, I also was beating Poe's at level 50 since he Being so broken as a character could still be countered as damage is easily manageable with JC/Lumi healing, for instance.

Im level 69 and I fight Poe teams daily on every arena battle. Your problem simply is you don't have speedy burst characters that might go before Poe. if you have any like Rey or GS at lvl 70, you have the chance to one-shot most glass canon on the opposition. My answer remains the same: burst down opposition dps or poe. You can't cos you blindly followed the supposedly efficient build with slow lumi and weak sidious. you have neither damage nor control. That's your problem not poe. and you didn't forsee the poe meta coming as well. Quit whining too as no one forced you to build your team in this slow low damage manner.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    My arena team is Lumi (leader, 6*, gear 7, lvl 66), Phasma (6*, g7, lvl65?), Sid (5*, g7, lvl 63), Count Doodoo (4*, g7, lvl63) & JC (4*, g7, lvl62). I have only recently been staying in the top 1000, but Poe is no big deal and hasn't been since about day 3 of his release when i figured out how to neutralize him. Annoying to fight? Sure. Once he taunts (not always his first move), everyone is basically forced to attack him and anyone exposed stays that way long after Poe is dead, which is to say pretty quickly. He'd be gone even sooner if I brought Fotp (still only 2*) in as a sacrificial lamb. I honestly don't see the big problem dealing with Poe. I don't have him yet, but I'm guessing his armor rating is garbage to balance out his benefits...kinda like Fotp. Any char is annoying when they throw up a taunt, but you put on your big boy pants and fight through.

Tldr, Poe is kind of a poussoir. Just hit him hard and he goes away fast, at least most of the ones I've run up against anyway.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @topic

Im level 69 and I fight Poe teams daily on every arena battle. Your problem simply is you don't have speedy burst characters that might go before Poe. if you have any like Rey or GS at lvl 70, you have the chance to one-shot most glass canon on the opposition. My answer remains the same: burst down opposition dps or poe. You can't cos you blindly followed the supposedly efficient build with slow lumi and weak sidious. you have neither damage nor control. That's your problem not poe. and you didn't forsee the poe meta coming as well. Quit whining too as no one forced you to build your team in this slow low damage manner.

If you have GS,Rey and QGJ, and the enemy has GS,Rey, QGJ and Poe, your team has nothing to do if Poe goes first because of turn manipulation at speed 7. You need Poe yourself, and that's a problem for two reasons:
    A ) msndatory characters limit build diversity
    B ) the game becomes a coin toss to see whose Poe's go first.
  • Options
    To OP, I was on the same notion that he needs to be hit with nerf bat. Heck even I used him in top 10 pvp and laughed at his opness. But even our resident number 1 whale was beaten. The team that beat Poe, QGJ, FOTP, Sid (leader), GS? It was a Daka, Lumi, Dooku, Sid, Kylo. Poe teams once he is dead is glass. The team I mentioned prolly uber stunned key chars and destroyed rest of team. Meta is fluid, plus there is power creep. New chars are hard to balance with old content. Happens every game, ever play an MMO?
  • Options

You forgot the most important, Rey, who is Poe kryptonite. If Rey goes first, Ill usually wipe Poe out BEFORE he taunts or target FOTP or Leia. It all depends on the squad. But Rey can take down anyone in short order.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    @topic

If you have GS,Rey and QGJ, and the enemy has GS,Rey, QGJ and Poe, your team has nothing to do if Poe goes first because of turn manipulation at speed 7. You need Poe yourself, and that's a problem for two reasons:
    A ) msndatory characters limit build diversity
    B ) the game becomes a coin toss to see whose Poe's go first.

You don't need poe if you have GS and Rey. Your gs or Rey may go first before their poe and take out one dps or two or even poe. Why is diversity affected when you can choose the other three members in your team? you are overstating the problem?
  • Options
    I think a lot of people are missing the other key point. The game is what, 3 months old if that? Hard launch was end of November I believe. There will be more characters out to balance out everything. Giving you more characters to cry about nerfs and sooner than later you will forget that Poe ever gave you tears.

Give them some time really get the game moving. By the year mark there will probably be more than a hundred different characters and more customization at the top for teams. People feel they are owed too much, too fast in some mobile games. Either join the meta, or use some foresight and look further down the road and try to prepare for the next one. In the meantime, quit blaming Poe for your woes.
  • Options
    You can beat Poe teams with tanky 4 AOEs and Poggle - I had a post on this using 3 AOEs and old Ben - but I've recently built another tanky AOE and it's working well. I'm going to create a second post on this version to share - but essentially you want to target toons that can go >14k health or as close to is as possible. Phasma and Kylo are great. Sid as a lead.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people are missing the other key point. The game is what, 3 months old if that? Hard launch was end of November I believe. There will be more characters out to balance out everything. Giving you more characters to cry about nerfs and sooner than later you will forget that Poe ever gave you tears.

Give them some time really get the game moving. By the year mark there will probably be more than a hundred different characters and more customization at the top for teams. People feel they are owed too much, too fast in some mobile games. Either join the meta, or use some foresight and look further down the road and try to prepare for the next one. In the meantime, quit blaming Poe for your woes.

Amen. Such a toxic forum, this was a breath of fresh air. Meta shifts will happen. Nobody is owed anything. Lastly this is a game. Poe teams are beatable.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried a leader to resist his expose? If he can't expose those glass cannons won't 1 shot anything.
  • Options
    You can beat Poe teams with tanky 4 AOEs and Poggle - I had a post on this using 3 AOEs and old Ben - but I've recently built another tanky AOE and it's working well. I'm going to create a second post on this version to share - but essentially you want to target toons that can go >14k health or as close to is as possible. Phasma and Kylo are great. Sid as a lead.

4th aoe would be Snowtrooper? For f2p maybe a HK-47, Jedi Knight Guardian or even Vader, but I have no idea if the dmg of their aoe is strong enough. Have you tested them? Can't await your results.