Possible solution to Poe.

12345679Next

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just to be clear: there ARE counter to Poe, even without Poe yourself. Just like there are counter to Black Lotus-Channel-fireball in M:tG, with Forcé of Will. (Sorry for using that example so much, those who have played understand the example). But 1 turn victory combos are bad game design, even if there is a counter available in an obscure different combo. Not everybody play force of will, or blue for that matter, and nobody should be forced to do so because otherwise you die before drawing a card.

I think turn msnipulstion is great. ST Han is well designed. Phasma is well done as well. So is the poor clone sargeant. But those do their turn meter time-control magic much later, and thus allow the enemy to play. Poe does his time-walking ability at 143 speed. And that's too powerful
    Triqui wrote: »
    You can beat Poe teams with tanky 4 AOEs and Poggle - I had a post on this using 3 AOEs and old Ben - but I've recently built another tanky AOE and it's working well. I'm going to create a second post on this version to share - but essentially you want to target toons that can go >14k health or as close to is as possible. Phasma and Kylo are great. Sid as a lead.
    I saw your team. Good team, good idea.

Do you know who would be a great addition to your team of aoe tanky guys? Poe. Do you know why? Because regardless of meta, "I act first, push a button, then my whole team moves before yours so I get a 5-0 starting advebtage in the action economy" IS an overpowered ability. By itself.

First turn winning combos are a bad idea for any game that strives for any resemblsnce of balance

I tested it with Poe - actually it's not a great idea vs. speed and QGJ specifically. I've had Jinn dispel Poe and then the ally is offense up. Keep in mind my team other than Poe / Sid is kind of slow - especially Snowtrooper. So the naturally fast Jinn / GS / Poe can catch up to me. I've had the other Poe taunt back, yank meter before I have everyone go, then give offense up from Jinn dispel...now I'm stuck fighting them with offense up and it's over. I agree in theory it should be great, but it's not because the opposing Poe can flip things back and Jinn can turn everyone in to a nuke.

Have you tried with Poe and some slightly faster AOE dudes, like 88? Because expose+3Big poggled-up AOE in turn 1 sounds devastating vs current glass canon meta
  • Options
    You can debuff the taunt with Mace, but he has a lousy hit unless leveled up. You could also stun Poe before he has a chance to taunt.

I don't get the whining over Poe. I haven't met a single Poe team I haven't beat. Not to say that I won't ever, but I just don't get what the big deal is.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting discussion. But ...
    I have not seen any tank (with taunt) on my server in battle arena from many many days (maybe month).
    I do not use it too. My chars are enough strong to be able to fight without tank.
    If I see Poe , it is the target to kill him at once. If I will try to kill others, it will call taunt and the rest will be healed. I have not to belive my Qui-Gon will in correct tour to debuf taunt in correct moment.
    My Qui is the only solution for taunt tank.