Possible solution to Poe.

Replies

• Shooting4life
    211 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Another trick to beating Poe team is to use dooku and instead of trying to stun Poe, stun the glass cannons. This is more likely to land, you might even get two stunned. Giving you a much better chance to survive the onslaught and if you do you will be able to stack all kinds of damage as the other team blew their load, aoe would be best. Something like a Sid aoe, ptl buff and ig88 aoe. If you use Poe yourself then it is even better. Another comp would be phasma, gs, dooku, lumi and another single shot glass canon or Poe. Getting the stun on the enemy's fotp is needed for the win.

Of course you won't win every time, but it is a much better strategy than trying to stun Poe.

• Options
    To those who use Poe, how many stars would I have to get him too before he becomes viable for arena?

I have enough cartel coins in reserve to get 60 shards which would get my Poe halfway to 5* , but I was thinking of saving them for the next patch in case he gets nerfed or a better character is added.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Since he does no damage by itself, just get him the 143 speed and you done.
  • Options
    Will he have enough health?
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is there to accelerate your otherwise slow guys and make them give you a big advantage on the first round, making you win the match... Ofc he's going to be less effective at staying alive, but he still make you go faster and that's his main purpose...
  • Options
    Ok thx, I'll get his gear up and see how well he does before maybe getting him to 5 or 6 stars
  • Options
    He was wrecking for me even at 3*. Like a few said, he is mainly there for the turn meter reduction.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    4* max gear is enough

I made rank #1 with 5 stars
  • Options
    If you use Poe yourself then it is even better.
    The problem character in question should never be part of the solution.
  • Options
    Good to know
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • Options
    As soon as you have some damage to go behind him, just get his speed up to 143 and upgrade his taunt for turn reduction.
  • Options
    Currently running 7* lumi,sidious,phasma 6* geosoldier,daka

Any suggestions on who I could swap out for poe?
  • Options
    Currently running 7* lumi,sidious,phasma 6* geosoldier,daka

Any suggestions on who I could swap out for poe?

I would swap out daka.

I dance around the top 5 in my area, hard launch server with only a 4 star Poe that is almost to max gear. 10 shards away from 5 star. Not sure if I will continue with him or switch to someone else.
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    4* max gear is enough

I made rank #1 with 5 stars

What is your level?
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To beat Poe, use Teebo. Most easily obtainable. Unavoidable damage + debuff. Guerrilla Warfare leader.
  • Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe and phasma and FOTP or LEIA or both. When you fight that team (max everything ofc) If you POE doesnt play first, YOU LOSE
    If your POE plays first, YOU WIN

This isnt pvp, its a coin toss that makes no sense for a tactical game

Ofc the base of the problem, isnt poe himself. Its the fact that as of right now, SPEED is a ridiculous advantage because of one shots.

So , If you do something about one-shot-kills it will automatically balance Speed, and in turn it will indirectly make POE not needing a nerf.

So ye, nerf POE OR fix your game balance with the one shot heroes and speed advantage.

Please ...

with cherries on top
    and cream

/we love this game!
  • Options
    Xceptor wrote: »
    Poe and phasma and FOTP or LEIA or both. When you fight that team (max everything ofc) If you POE doesnt play first, YOU LOSE
    If your POE plays first, YOU WIN

This isnt pvp, its a coin toss that makes no sense for a tactical game

Ofc the base of the problem, isnt poe himself. Its the fact that as of right now, SPEED is a ridiculous advantage because of one shots.

So , If you do something about one-shot-kills it will automatically balance Speed, and in turn it will indirectly make POE not needing a nerf.

So ye, nerf POE OR fix your game balance with the one shot heroes and speed advantage.

Please ...

with cherries on top
    and cream

/we love this game!

Actually you can win even when your Poe goes second, so just because you can't doesn't mean not everyone can't.
  • Options
    Damage dealers are way too powerful at this moment and this create several problems.
    The most obvious is the one you described. Also, healers are obsolete in arena and that is not good also.
  • Options
    TSiTaS wrote: »
    Damage dealers are way too powerful at this moment and this create several problems.
    The most obvious is the one you described. Also, healers are obsolete in arena and that is not good also.

Which damage dealers are to powerful?
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    TSiTaS wrote: »

Which damage dealers are to powerful?

I'd say only FOTP, mainly because of his health.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey OP, i'm goin to repost something i wrote just a couple of minutes ago in another thread https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7422/if-you-think-poe-and-fotp-dont-need-nerfs/p4
    regarding the same/similar issue, if you don't mind. Might help/be usefull for some folks.
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Since I was so honest to post 3 consecutive vids you picked out the one that might have been played different. My 6* Ventress aoe deals around 2.5k non crit. Wouldn't be enough to kill Leia and FotP. Fact still remains battle is lost after 30 seconds where I was lucky enough that there wasn't much crit.
    If you look at vid 3, 80% of the fights go this way, I'm destroyed in 30 secs.
    I'll post more since you still can't seem to see the problem.

11 attacks and I could only do sid AoE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1NFNX0rP-s

Hey @CronozNL , thank you for making an effort posting those videos. What follows is not an attack or something but rather somewhat of a clarification of the issue.
    Frist of all you, and a lot of other people, need to understand/realize that there are two different things going on. Your videos are appreciated in that they highlight ONE aspect of the fuss made around Poe/FOTP.
    1. The reason why some people suggest a TWEAK for Poe - reducing Poe's speed by ONE digit so that he falls out of the pool for "first possible actions taken" - is cause on an even field with both sides having strong and maxed stuff, 7* max gear huge dps, it becomes a COIN FLIP scenario of whose Poe goes first -->reducing the meter of the other team and thus allowing them to wipe the floor with the aforementioned HUGE DPS toons like QGJ, FOTP, GEO, Leia, Rey etc. This IS an issue. At THAT level. Concerning probably 1% of the player base.
    2. Your videos point out the "issue" for the other 99% of the player base.
      Which clearly is - and as much as i dislike the term it does make kinda sense here - simply a "Learn to play" issue. Which in this game is conditioned by the resources you allocated to build and field certain toons. And to a lesser extent the proper usage of their skills.

Those two are totally independent to on another. The 1% knows/realizes this. Most of the other 99% do not. They tend to mix those two up and just jump on the bandwagon to NERF the toons in question. For whatever reasons they may have. Reasons like:
    • Poe/FOTP poses a problem to their personal success in arena
    • They don't have / didn't build those (strong) toons
    • They can't seem to find a valid strategy to reliably beat those teams with the options available to them
    • etc.
    come to mind. No judgement here. Cause to those people Poe / FOTP DOES indeed seem "overpowered" and in dire need for a nerf. It's a totally legitimate claim. From THEIR perspective!
    On top of that you actually posted videos with PROOF of how the 99% can STILL overcome those obstacles with resources already available to them. ---> Working as intended ?
    Regarding your videos: You are already starting the match with less potent toons to begin with - 4* Barriss / 4* FOTP / 6* Asajj - with close to NO SYNERGY whatsoever against a very strong/expenssive/synergistic team with toons far superior to your own. Which took a lot of resources like time/money/"strategy" to build. So, the imminent question arises : What do you expect ? What kind of result do you expect to happen alone from that perspective. Do you think you SHOULD be able to win ?
    Though the best part of those videos is yet to come. In that, as pointed out by @JohnnySteelAlpha , you STILL could have won that/those matches with whatever you have at hand. Simply by using another "strategy"/approach - like using your Offense Up buffed Asajj, who SURVIVED, for an AoE rather than tryn to purge unimportant stuff - for example.
    In this case, as you yourself mentioned:
    My 6* Ventress aoe deals around 2.5k non crit.
    --> With Sid lead that's round about ~ 4,2k AoE damage.
    The single slowest toon in the game right now, bugged like theres no tomorow, considered probably C-Tier, COULD STILL allow you to win that matchup. THAT is indeed interessting and worth considering pouring resources into. Not the fact that you couldn't beat a strong team with weak toons while using a "wrong" approach over and over again. --> Working as intended ?

You are trying to win/get the desired results by simply using a "wrong" approach. E.G:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEiYLu_HcYo

I took Bariss as lead to try and increase the hp to soak more dmg in.
    As you experienced yourself, this seems like it's NOT the way to go.
    So, what other approaches are there to try and overcome those obstacles with resources available to you? --> This SHOULD be the question you ought to ask yourself. Instead of hitting a wall over and over again till you realize it's no point and come to conclusion that it MUST BE THE WALLS fault! Not yours.

With all that in mind: From a developer perspective - the monetary aspect aside - what would you do?
    Balance the toons in question according to the 1% or the other 99% ?

Edit: I'm not against reducing Poe's speed by ONE digit btw. FOTP should have his bugs, 7* Agi--> Str swap + Triple Tap, fixed.
    Edit2: I just read the words nerf Poe in capitals (again) - and the rest of course - and thought it might be usefull to raise awareness as there are different reasons for a Poe adjustment. And the above still applies although you have a different perspective from ChronozNL. No offense. Thank you.
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not soft launch or anything but I think the meta has gone..AOE-nerf, Heals-nerf, and now single target damage (with turn meter manipulation)-nerf.

I'm scared of what will be the next meta.. Will it be stuns and control combined with healing? It seems that way. I hope they can accomplish making adjustments without ripping a new hole in the balance but I think every time they try to please us it's gonna make new problems.

Right now many hard hitting toons only have being hard hitting going for them. What will come of them? Will speed become a obsolete stat?

I'm not saying I don't think there can't be improvements just concerned what the "fix" will be.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Darivon
    I repect your opinion and you are right on some points. Those were the first 3 vids I was able to take, I really still think asajj wouldnt have killed her off with aoe.
    The first vid was nearly to use bariss leader buff as hp increase to try and not let any toons get 1 shot.
    Like I said, I could have chosen to upload just vid 3 which is the perfect example.

Also about the 1% players not complaining, there have been Poe copy teams (the 1% you refer too) which mention it's a coin flip. They also want to see it changed, examples are everywhere these days but no1 actually posted a video about it. Synergy is fun and all but what synergy is there in Sid, phasma, QGJ, FotP and Leia other than it's the highest dmg toons there are now. In game sense a nightsister team i.e. should beat a random bunch of prequel, ot and sequel users but thats an opinion. I find those synergies the real. I'm sure a well synergized nightsister team won't be able to kill this. Also Geo instead of Leia is the way to go in terms of dmg and more massacre. I know I'm not a big spender and user of a cookie cutter build, still the hp on my toons is max (especially with bariss lead in vid 1 just to showcase). I don't use Bariss in my "main" team.
    Anyway a taunter with highest speed and turn manipulation doesn't fit in the current meta with 1 shot toons. That's a serious problem because which ever Poe taunt first wins the game like stated by the top 1% you are referring to. I do appreciate your feedback tho and I'm not grieving or being salty. As the experienced gamer I think I might be, I feel the need to adress this to help improve the game. Not protect whales their investment although I always found it logic that if people spend more they can get an advantage throughout the game. If I had the exact same team I would still post this since I also use FotP myself.
    When I started this game end november, my first impression was that the "hero" classes would be better than the non hero classes (geo, fotp, ewok etc). They looked more like filler or progress toons where the main stage was endgame (sidenote and bit off topic).
    Post edited by CronozNL on
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Remember...this game will not have any effect on the size of your Richard. :D

<hands out cookies and paper bags to take deep breaths in..>
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    I'm not soft launch or anything but I think the meta has gone..AOE-nerf, Heals-nerf, and now single target damage (with turn meter manipulation)-nerf.

I'm scared of what will be the next meta.. Will it be stuns and control combined with healing? It seems that way. I hope they can accomplish making adjustments without ripping a new hole in the balance but I think every time they try to please us it's gonna make new problems.

Right now many hard hitting toons only have being hard hitting going for them. What will come of them? Will speed become a obsolete stat?

I'm not saying I don't think there can't be improvements just concerned what the "fix" will be.

This is why I'm not getting on this lowering damage or raising HP train. The main culprits will be on the top either way. Anytime new content is added, there will be balance issues and "meta" changes.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

This is why I'm not getting on this lowering damage or raising HP train. The main culprits will be on the top either way. Anytime new content is added, there will be balance issues and "meta" changes.

Best post in days, we are in a new game.. Let's play this out and complain when we hit the ceiling.

• Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Double post. Oops
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I thought the same at lvl 60 but as I'm progressing, that is no longer the case at all. I win quite frequently when my poe goes second.
  • Options
    Heh @CronozNL Thanks that you re not grieving and/or being salty!
    Yeah i certainly do understand you and by no means was that meant to discredit you and/or to overly illustrate any potential "flaws" in your logic/opinion. Those videos are indeed highly appreciated and i'm sure are considered valuable feedback! Keep up the good work! And thanks for being "brave" enough -plus having the expertise - to post your visually reinforced opinions so that other "chumps" (i.e: me ) can "tear it apart". ;)
    Yes, of course what i wrote is "just my opinion/view on that matter". It's not any better or worse than yours! Or someone's else! (And it could be considered totally wrong as well , who knows!). It's just an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You were indeed (one of) the first who fortified his opinion on this matter by providing visual proof! That deserves respect!
    Also i didn't mean to put your perspective in the same category as someone who is low - mid Level, with a naturally limited view on the "balance aspect" of the game, yet is the first and (maybe) loudest to yell : NERF them! NERF EM ALL!
    I apologize if it caused you any inconveniences. Sorry!
    Your videos were just too "tasty" of an example ;)
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    @Darivon
    Well that's nice of you to say, thanks :d
    Ohw and that typo in my first sentence.. "I expect your opinion" had to be "respect" your opinion.
    I've invested a bit too much atm so time to take a break as well ;)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting