Possible solution to Poe.

Replies

• Options
    I kind of have to agree with the current Poe strategy. Since he became implemented everyone is using him and matches tend to depend on which Poe goes first. If my Poe goes first I always win, if the enemies Poe goes first I sometimes win depending on how stupid the AI acts. Problem is Poe has given birth to completely destructive glass cannon teams that can wreck the meatiest of teams within 1-2 turns, best solution is another Poe glass cannon team and hope your Poe goes first.

I love Poe and I love how awesome he makes my team but I do feel like battles have come down to a coin flip sadly. Every battle trying to hold the #1 spot everyday comes down to me praying that my Poe goes first. And as more people get Poe it's going to become the norm.
  • Options
    The biggest trap I've noticed myself falling into when facing Poe is in regards Sid's AOE. I have trained myself to open every battle with it, but when Poe is there, I now always use his normal attack to ensure that he cannot be cured.

Poe taunting for 75% of one a turn is very manageable. Poe taunting for two full turns is not.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Slow
    Aeris wrote: »
    Tak wrote: »
    I beat Poe teams without using a Poe lots. Having said that it's very very hard to recover if they get 5-8 attacks in before you get one.

The best team I've found for it is phasma led,daka,dooku,lumi and kylo.

It sounds semi run of the mill team but it works quite well. More often than not for some reason the AI hits kylo which is great for you!

Pop your lumi heal asap and your phasma aoe slow first turn. If Poe is not near death don't hit him with daka pop your Rez/heal instead.

Spam outrage even if it's not below 75% health it still Crits for 7k.

First turn it's usually kind of gimmicky, if your dooku goes first try to stun a high dps like qui-gon or fotp, I've found that to be far more effective than trying to stun Poe.

It's all kind of a mess but one thing I notice for sure is if daka gets a revive you should win the game

Thank you for your very detailed and thoughtful advice.
    Your advice is very practical also since it utilizes characters that are all farmable.
    It is amazing to know how Kylo works well in beating Poe-team, how dooku's stun disables high dps, especially how Daka's revive may guarantee winning the game.
    I am impressed because your advice are very useful overall yet one has to try to find out.
    10/10

I've beaten plenty of Poe teams but sometimes it just comes down to lucky RNG.

I run a Phasma led Sid Daka Kylo Lumi squad. About to go 7* on Daka and Kylo which might help improve the odds. Pretty sure there's going to be some sort of Re-balancing in the next update though.
    The speed, taunt, turn meter and resistance all in one guy is too much since it leads to homogenized mirror teams and a lack of diversity plus battles come down to a coin toss.

Thanks for your advice in defeating Poe-team, which also interestingly has almost same team composition to that of Tak's suggestion where the only difference is that you use Sid whereas Tak suggests using Dooku.
    I agree with you 100 percent that there has been a lack of diversity in team composition which I hope could be replenished in next update.
    xJazzx wrote: »
    I have been losing in arena since many people in arena are using Poe while I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon.
    (I was very dissapointed that this game seem to me to become less and less of strategy and more and more of a single character or a handful of characters. Thus I felt that all the days, weeks and month I have spent in farming characters other than First Order, Resistance, Poggle and Geosoldier are wasted and cost me daily arena rank reward, which is unfair.)

I don't know how many of you can relate but any advice on how to beat Poe without Poe would be greatly appreciated. (All I have in mind is using FOTP to kill opponent Poe, but what if opponent also has FOTP or other glass cannons or worse-Poggle buffing them up.)

It's not about Poe. it's about Poe+DPS.

The only way to beat Poe is having QGJ.

I slaughter Poe teams and I refuse to use Poe. I don't use QGJ either. Phasma lead, FOTP, Leia, GS and Rey. Game over.

Thanks for your advice.
    It is amazing to know how team with both maximum damage output and high speed such as yours is a solution to defeating Poe-team; however, unfortunately, Leia is not farmable.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I too refuse to jump on the Poe bandwagon and beat him regularly. This is usually a combination of luck, technique I have developed, and lack of team synergy. Many people are just taking random teams and sticking him in there, and while he always increases your chance of losing because he is overpowered, he's only an instant "game over" in the correct setup: high single-target DPS (Leia, FOTP, etc.) On those teams, I lose unless I get very lucky. But the random Poe/Phasma/Sid/GS/Lumi team is very beatable.
    My team against him is my basic Arena team: Phasma, Dooku, Daka, Asajj and Luminara.The goal is simple: survive the initial onslaught one way or another, then pick off the enemies one at a time.
    If Poe gets his taunt off, I usually have to use Daka to heal because it will take too long to get to Lumi. Then I hope Lumi isn't ability-blocked, and toss her heal. And then the fight really begins.
    Asajj, bugs and slowness and all, can turn around any fight with an enemy Poggle or Phasma by turning their team buff into a massive heal for you. I've seen it go up to 6k on each team member. Basically, if the timing works out, you will win. Assuming it isn't resisted.
    I have also stripped Poe's taunt using Asajj, though this is rare.
    I whittle them down and then hit them with Asajj's AoE as well. I can get three AoEs out of her in a fight if I am lucky and time it well.
    In the meantime, use Dooku to tie up their Lumi/JC or take down other targets. Use Daka to stun any dangerous enemy teammates.
    You'll lose a lot but it's fun when you win.
    I hope they don't change Asajj's debuff to heal only her. That ability is all that justifies her slot given how slow she is.

Thanks a lot for sharing your advice on defeating Poe-team.
    It is knowledgeable to know that Poe-team with the correct set up(high single target dps such as Leia, FOTP,etc.) is almost unbeatable.
    It is amazing to know Asajj's debuff could be very useful in fighting Poe-team that has Phasma or Poggle.
    However, interestingly, the team setup you use is almost same to that of Tak's suggestion where the only difference is that you use Assaj whereas he uses Kylo.

I've tried every combination. Asajj works too but I have found if they target asajj she dies so fast. If they hit your 15k health kylo you can one shot a dps or Poe with outrage. That's why I use kylo instead he can usually survive a hit and dish it out
  • Options
    With ppl around 65-68 currently, I never land any debuff on poe anymore.

However I still win againts poe even down to 3vs5.

I have only 1 team, so I cannot complain if a few combo I can't win. Those combo, I still lose if they switch poe with bariss.
  • Options
    If you do not have a leveled up Poe on your team in top 20 then your chances of winning drops dramatically. Every team I faced today ranks 4-17 had him on their squad. You almost can't win without him. Many teams have Sid / Lumi but not all. Those teams can still win but every team has to have Poe and that makes him OP under current system. I have some success winning without him; but only when AI makes poor choices on who to attack or when abilities fail to land (Ability Block, Stun, ect).
    Remove (Turn Meter) or Remove (Expose / Lower Tenacity). The Expose seems to always land on my Lumi and ahe is taken out before her first chance to move against Poe teams. If not I have to sacrifice her and not heal by force wave on Poe before AI uses heal and I allow the Taunt to take more hero turns.
    Maybe EA will constantly release OP Heros with updates on purpose to always force us to keep on the grind.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    I have been losing in arena since many people in arena are using Poe while I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon.
    (I was very dissapointed that this game seem to me to become less and less of strategy and more and more of a single character or a handful of characters. Thus I felt that all the days, weeks and month I have spent in farming characters other than First Order, Resistance, Poggle and Geosoldier are wasted and cost me daily arena rank reward, which is unfair.)

I don't know how many of you can relate but any advice on how to beat Poe without Poe would be greatly appreciated. (All I have in mind is using FOTP to kill opponent Poe, but what if opponent also has FOTP or other glass cannons or worse-Poggle buffing them up.)

It's not about Poe. it's about Poe+DPS.

The only way to beat Poe is having QGJ.

I slaughter Poe teams and I refuse to use Poe. I don't use QGJ either. Phasma lead, FOTP, Leia, GS and Rey. Game over.

Well yeah, you also have a team better than 99.9% of the people who play this team have, lol.
  • Options
    DOoku ----lightning to the face----> poe= stunned. Kill all squishies. /laugh
  • Options
    So your whole strategy relies on
    1) Dooku wins coin toss for first turn(When maxed,Poe ties Dooku for first action)

2)Dooku lands 40% chance of stun

Chance of success = 1/2 * 2/5
    = 20%
    /laugh
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    1) Dooku wins coin toss for first turn(When maxed,Poe ties Dooku for first action)

= 20%
    /laugh

You are also ignoring the fact that Poe has a chance to resist...
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »

= 20%
    /laugh

maxed poe is 148 speed source: i own a maxed poe. Either of my teams can handle poe easy. I like the AOE one since it doesn't have FOTP on it and i don't want to hear people crying about it. I'd say 9/10 times i lightning someone gets stunned or 2 people. Also dooku has one of the highest potency in the game so take his little tenacity and suck it.
  • Chekmate
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Mace Windu needs a buff/ change, but that's unrelated to the Poe problem. Poe has just too much rolled into the same ability, for pvp.

If you want to keep him the same, give him a 3rd ability, and split his taunt and his expose/ turn meter in 2 different abilities. He either exposes OR he taunts, in the first round. Atleast then people have a chance to counter accordingly.
    You could even roll his passive tenacity into the ability (like sidious has his 35% jedi evasion and some other heroes), for upgrade consistency.

It's as stupid as having phasma give advantage and her speed down aoe on the same ability. How would you feel?

Alternatively just massively nerf his speed and get it over with.

This guy, he gets it. Poe has high speed, resist, and health so he is hard to take down, even if you try to focus him. Not only that, his taunt will take turn meter away from the enemy, resulting in your 5 going first before they can react and he has a chance to expose the enemy so you can burn enemy down quicker.

If expose/turn meter was split from taunt, Poe will still be good because he is hard to focus down as the first target and will still have a very early taunt. His taunt is for 2 turns so he can use expose / turn meter round 2.

My opinion is Poe needs two changes: (i) split expose/turn meter effects from taunt and (ii) reduce HP to Han levels OR reduce his speed. Even with these changes I think Poe would still be very good as he can still survive with his high resist, especially since he regularly resists heal block.

For those who say "just buff X character and use him to counter Poe." That would result in another problem as you are forced to use Poe or X character. In addition, if X character has slow speed, he will act too late to counter Poe's taunt/expose/turn meter ability.

• Options
    A high starred/geared Geo Soldier is a solution to Poe.
  • Options
    Taunts are resistable in played missions
  • Options
    I have had Poe for a few days. He is getting there for me. He is lvl 55 gear v or vi 3* almost 4. My Han is currently much better. I wanted the three droids for so long and now I have 88 at 6* 86 at 7, and HK at 5. My team is good enough to have me in top 100 again and i will be deeply disappointed if my efforts for my droid Poe long-run Poggle dont work because of all the people that cried "POE". I am earning him and my team. Nerfing because he is incredibly useful and used as such for certain teams is silly.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have had Poe for a few days. He is getting there for me. He is lvl 55 gear v or vi 3* almost 4. My Han is currently much better. I wanted the three droids for so long and now I have 88 at 6* 86 at 7, and HK at 5. My team is good enough to have me in top 100 again and i will be deeply disappointed if my efforts for my droid Poe long-run Poggle dont work because of all the people that cried "POE". I am earning him and my team. Nerfing because he is incredibly useful and used as such for certain teams is silly.

i just love how Poe's been around forever and he wasn't used till recently. It has nothing to do with lvl 70 xcap. People are just too dumb or lazy to try something till the forum informs them about something. Then they jump on the bandwagon. I've used him since day one since i've always had FOTP on my squad and he needs a tuanter. I know how to play him and against him, noobs just need to learn.
  • Options
    To beat Poe, use Teebo. Most easily obtainable. Unavoidable damage + debuff. Guerrilla Warfare leader.

But he's not cool and people only want to use cool characters to beat something. Thinking outside the box and finding a strategy is simply....unacceptable.
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »

i just love how Poe's been around forever and he wasn't used till recently. It has nothing to do with lvl 70 xcap. People are just too dumb or lazy to try something till the forum informs them about something. Then they jump on the bandwagon. I've used him since day one since i've always had FOTP on my squad and he needs a tuanter. I know how to play him and against him, noobs just need to learn.
    I started using Poe when he was released when a forum member posted how great Poe was, "Boba and anyone else from Cantina will be a after thought" (That guy was right) So I started grinding him up before he was even considered OP and seemed lackluster at best. I stuck with him though, now these days. Only teams that take out my max Poe team is another Poe team, or Phasma and Daka with some amazing RNG stuns. Drives me crazy sometimes. With the expose being resisted at higher levels I had to switch to Poe as lead for additional 15% potency, works pretty well.
  • Options
    My original team is, 6* Kylo,Sid, 5*Lumi n 4*Vader n Resistance pilot I try to defeat enemy team's best attacker befor their tank taunts n when the tank taunts I use Sid n Vader's special attacks, this tactic seems to work out. You guys could give this a try.
  • Visiogoth
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First his speed, can't stop that taunt from going up, tanks are fast? 2nd his tenacity, near impossible to remove taunt or debug him, tried 20 times one turn 1 retreating and re attacking to apply a stun. 3rd expose weakness on everyone!? My full 7 star gear 8 team is wiped out with two merger apes after his taunt exposes my whole team, lastly u can't remove the taunt, all resists from people like mace who only have a move to remove buffa, his only move, guess I need a poe now , cuz he is broken
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    Riddles with spelling errors and typos cuz that is how upset u am writing this, aoe* debuffs*
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone needs Poe.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    Everyone also uses Phasma. Maybe she should be nerfed too...Hell nerf QGJ because that Offense up on debuff is just too op. Nerf GS because reasons. Nerf Chewie because he isn't squishy enough
  • Options
    Try two dps on him. You can remove him at first try.
  • Options
    And I've beaten teams whis higher starred Poe goes first. So isn't isnt a first turn win by any stretch
  • Options
    Wow you guys don't see this dude being too nasty, a tank who gets the 2nd or 3rd turn in a match, who can't have his taunt removed and can expose a whole team. Not saying he is unbeatable, he has too much going on is what I'm saying. Chewie is fine, he is slow. Phasma I agree is also op. Jinn is agree chump, but obv going to be more annoying now everyone will pick him up. Gs is fine with me I don't see your "reasons"
  • Options
    Poe's weakness is his relatively low health/defense for a tank. You need high dps with enough speed to kill him before all the rest of his team kills off your chars.
    Never had a problem with Poe-teams. Hate Dooku waaaaaay more.
    Phasma is only strong if paired with the right allies. Too slow and mediocre dps to be a hazard on her own (usually my last kill on opponent team).
  • Options
    Everyone also uses Phasma. Maybe she should be nerfed too...Hell nerf QGJ because that Offense up on debuff is just too op. Nerf GS because reasons. Nerf Chewie because he isn't squishy enough

You fail to see his point, only trying to contradict makes you look like a mommy's kind.

Poe does have way too much going his way, paired with ANY team, unlike every1 else you mentionned.
  • Options
    Visiogoth wrote: »
    Wow you guys don't see this dude being too nasty, a tank who gets the 2nd or 3rd turn in a match, who can't have his taunt removed and can expose a whole team. Not saying he is unbeatable, he has too much going on is what I'm saying. Chewie is fine, he is slow. Phasma I agree is also op. Jinn is agree chump, but obv going to be more annoying now everyone will pick him up. Gs is fine with me I don't see your "reasons"

You never had fair/unfair challenges in your life? This is your first. Deal with it (poe).
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This thread is filled with low level/low star Poe defenders. When an arena match comes down to a coin flip i.e. what Poe goes first, then poggle buffs and two or three of your team is killed by pilot, 88, 86, Rey, etc. before you even get a turn the game is busted. Every team should not have to run the same hero to be competitive. Your right @Visiogoth he's broken and the damage behind him is not to scale. There's 100 threads about this hopefully they get it fixed.

Edit* added link to the mega thread. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7422/if-you-think-poe-and-fotp-dont-need-nerfs#latest
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, I am sorry you are having a hard time beating Poe. :|