Thoughts on the tournament! (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    How good are your guild mates? Are they average top 500 arena?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game.

I can play 12 GW nodes (on a good day) and 5 arena matches, then sim for shards/gear. There might also be a raid where I can fight that Rancor again for 2 minutes or Grievous for 4 seconds.

and how would spending money change that in a way that playing longer (more days/weeks) can't?

You buy crystals and trade them for more energy for more battles and more arena fights.
  • Options
    I'm wondering when to start as well
    I'll have 4-5 alright teams to run...thinking of waiting a while to skip trigger happy whales
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game.

I can play 12 GW nodes (on a good day) and 5 arena matches, then sim for shards/gear. There might also be a raid where I can fight that Rancor again for 2 minutes or Grievous for 4 seconds.

and how would spending money change that in a way that playing longer (more days/weeks) can't?

You can't get the best mods without spending money. Yes in theory you could farm them but it would take several hundred years to farm the best secondary stats like max speed. It actually takes hundreds of thousands to actually get a full team with max secondary speed so that's why you rarely see it but the more you spend, the better your toons are and F2P can't match it.

Spend tens of thousands and you can refresh and buy a set in a day. Mods can double or triple the effectiveness of your toon or in the case of arena, guarantee a win.

The first tourney was obviously pay to win but they changed that, mostly.

The new raid content is largely limited to a small percentage of the player base: whales, very active early players and you have to be in a top guild. Most level capped people have never seen the end of AAT.
  • Options
    Its a strategy, but its still just dumb luck. There is no way of knowing what other players will be doing. This was more of a strategy during the first tournament because, well, it was obvious all the impatient players were going to jump into it immediately. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I see a lot more people attempting to be patient.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The tournament uses Ally Points
    You can use GW Tokens to Buy Ally Points
    People will use all of their Ally Points in the Tournament
    People will then use all of their GW Tokens to buy Ally Points and use them in the Tournament

IT'S A TRAP!

I predict that shortly after the tournament, EA will drop one or two farmable characters into GW.
    All of your GW Tokens will be gone and you will be sad. :(

If I am right, you heard it here before hand. If I am wrong, no big deal. ;)
    I think I will plan to keep ~15K GW Tokens just in case I am right.

--UniKøRns - Heroic AAT Raid Guild Needs 7! We've Finished 3 Heroic AATs!--
  • Options
    All true but even whales are going to deplete their Ally points so after a few of these evets for new ttons its going to be more even cos we can mostly all do GW at a similar completion rate and trade in
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I won't be sad. That means there will be a new toon in GW and you earn 1200 a day.
  • Options
    Didn't you post this same thread like 12 hours ago?
  • Options
    Didn't you post this same thread like 12 hours ago?

Holy cow, I hope not! I post in a lot of LINE chats so maybe you saw it there? I am sleep deprived so I will say anything is possible. Lol
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »
    How good are your guild mates? Are they average top 500 arena?

Yeah usually around 450 or so.
  • Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its a strategy, but its still just dumb luck. There is no way of knowing what other players will be doing. This was more of a strategy during the first tournament because, well, it was obvious all the impatient players were going to jump into it immediately. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I see a lot more people attempting to be patient.

That's my concern and it's making it difficult to know when to jump in :')
  • Options
    For everyone in my torunament: next week we will see Shoretrooper in the GW store
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    For everyone in my torunament: next week we will see Shoretrooper in the GW store

I hope we do.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Refresh button removed. GREAT!, But you can still exit tourney and go back to get new targets. So still easy to collude by having allies with mods removed. How do the beta testers miss this stuff?
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I still see no point to tourney mode! Someone explain it to me please. U earn points but why not wait til last 10 minutes and attack ur way to top 200 or 100 and get the rewards instead of constantly attacking for points that don't even matter??
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Refresh button removed. GREAT!, But you can still exit tourney and go back to get new targets. So still easy to collude by having allies with mods removed. How do the beta testers miss this stuff?

but you can only fight that team one time...
  • Options
    Because waiting until the last 10 minutes wouldn't do you any good given the format
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Sayuloveit wrote: »
    Because waiting until the last 10 minutes wouldn't do you any good given the format

Explain to me please. Last tourney I waited and attacked got to top 200 without even playing much and had less points then people I was above. That's why I'm confused how this crap works
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just not understanding how it works and the purpose of attacking and losing ground and attacking again, seems like ur best off waiting
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    I won't be sad. That means there will be a new toon in GW and you earn 1200 a day.

And I'm only ever awake for three of the 4 of refreshes and theres no way I'm using crystals to refresh it. So whether I start 0 or 30k GW tokens its still gonna take me the same amount of time to get all the shards for a 7* character simply because I like to sleep and I don't waste crystals on refreshing GW shipments lol. No need to be sad
  • Options
    It must've been a glitch in the matrix. Everyone above me has more points than me, same as last time.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Its not like arena where if you lose a battle you move down ranks... its all based on points... you gain points by surviving team members and by killing opponents

If you was to only do last 20mins I fail to see how you could accumalate as many points as someone doing it for days.... unless im missing something
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

but you can only fight that team one time...

Yeah, unless you happen to know everyone in your tournament shard and ask them nicely to remove their mods for you, you're basically not getting anywhere with this.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Lucky for me I barely sleep so I hit all four refreshes
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I think knowing how many points to the next cutoff is useful. I feel like they had that in the last one. I vaguely remember seeing "____ points to reach next tier" somewhere.
  • Options
    Sayuloveit wrote: »

Actually that's not true...

10 mins is too close.l but it's better to attack near the reset because you will get more points per attack. As you rise in rank, you get less points per attack.

• Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Even if you can only fight the same target once per day. Having 20 friends in your shard with gimped defenses for you to attack with weaker squads is a real advantage.

It lets you field more squads, If you can run 5 squads vs 4, that a real edge.

Obviously this thread was never read. It was up for weeks before this second tourney.

Gimping yourself so you can give an Allie an easy win is NOT Teamwork. If you pulled this crap in any RW sporting event you would find yourself banned. Would be nice is Admin did something about it this time, at least you do not have players spending crystals on it.

BTW, check the players on your shard (you know what guides to look for). See if you spot anyone with mods removed.

• Options
    Asic wrote: »

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously you have information about Tourneys that I do not have. Even if you can only fight the same target once per day (didn't see that anywhere). Having 20 friends in your shard with gimped defenses for you to attack with weaker squads is a real advantage.

It lets you field more squads, If you can run 5 squads vs 4, that a real edge.

Obviously this thread was never read. It was up for weeks before this second tourney.

BTW, check the players on your shard (you know what guides to look for). See if you spot anyone with mods removed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74796/shoretrooper-event-return-leaderboards#latest