Thoughts on the tournament! (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    Hey there,

Is it possible to use the Chars you set to defense also in Offense or are they blocked for defense only?
    Didn't find any answer to this in the other threads. Thanks for the answers!
  • Options
    You can use them in offence as well.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    They should make it were def toons can't be used in offence. Would make peeps think harder on picking def.
  • Options
    Last 3 events were whale centric. If ships cater to whales it's gonna be sad.

"whales" are always gonna top these things and so they should. they have paid for that privilege. nothing wrong with it. they pay for the game to exist.
  • Options
    809.4K and climbing. I'm sure there's a bigger whale with a billion+ by now?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    22k :p
  • Options
    25k....

Vs

CG idea of balance....
  • nevertellmetheodds
    454 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    "whales" are always gonna top these things and so they should. they have paid for that privilege. nothing wrong with it. they pay for the game to exist.

Getting a bit bored of this opinion. You can play all of World of Warcraft's massive amounts of content for what? £9 a month or something? (it's been a long time since I played) AND you don't need to wait for energy refreshes in order to actually play it. £9 a month on this game wouldn't make much difference against f2p.

I've spaffed a bit of money on this game and deeply regret it. It's really boring and grindy and it can only pay off if you spend more money.
  • Options
    Hello,

Are the mods assigned to defense team at definition time fixed for the whole tournement?

I wish they are, otherwise people will still hit the same unmodded team from a friend who suddenly forgot put his mods again over and over...
  • Options
  • Options
    150,000. Not bad for a week.
  • Options
    [it can only pay off if you spend more money.

This is ****. You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game. And the F2P model is common in most mobile games. Actually if you do everything right from the beginning you can reach top 10 arena and have loads of crystals to play with. If you dont like this kind of game and/or business model go on and play WoW or sth. like that.
  • Options
  • Options
    under 100. spent them last night and this morning on bronziums.
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    To clarify, the original Dev post said 'returning for his FINAL appearance.' But it was edited to say 'second appearance.' Likely it'll return then.

Also I believe they were referring to Shoretrooper and not the tournament itself

This was exactly my tought
  • Options
  • Options
    Should be a lot better next time but by then the whales already have him to 7* anyway and give the second tier people a good shot. The result would probably would of been the same if it were still crystals but definitely a change for the better, it just would of been a lot better if they used this system from the start.

Thing is...because we get gear and credits from the tournament too, the whales have no incentive to back off in later tournaments. More ShT shards are just icing on the cake with another way to farm gear. It's not like they need their GW tokens or ally points for anything else, so there is literally no reason for them to ever hold back in these tournaments. This isn't your rancor raid where the heavy hitters hold back so the little guys can max their Han Solos. Whales have no incentive to not take top spots. Some might take it easy because they are nice fellows, but I imagine most won't.
  • Options
    I think swapping mods on and off your toons is more of a challenge than fighting in game... U should be rewarded for mod swapping, it costs credits so we need to be rewarded when we help others edge the top of the ladder in the tourney

But again it's not truly a fair tournament if that's the case but i see your point because i wouldn't spend the money to swap mods but obviously whales would.
  • Yankeeseel
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This event's rankings are worthless to the average player. The devs decreased the amount that you can see from 200 to top 50 only now. Seeing that I'm in the 3300 range, that info is worthless to me. The info that I want is:
    1) Who is around me?
    2) How many points does the next cutoff person have?
    3) What tier could I possibly work up to?

With only 50 ranks showing, you are only catering to maybe 1% of your players? Please fix this for the next update.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game.

I can play 12 GW nodes (on a good day) and 5 arena matches, then sim for shards/gear. There might also be a raid where I can fight that Rancor again for 2 minutes or Grievous for 4 seconds.

• Options
    You'd need a lot more brackets or there would be far more 7* shoretroopers awarded than currently and that would throw off the economy that has been designed for the tournament. I'm not too sure how many are in each tournament currently but you'd need to arrange your brackets to result in the same number of players getting the same amounts of rewards.
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    You'd need a lot more brackets or there would be far more 7* shoretroopers awarded than currently and that would throw off the economy that has been designed for the tournament. I'm not too sure how many are in each tournament currently but you'd need to arrange your brackets to result in the same number of players getting the same amounts of rewards.

I don't think so because how many people actually have 30 characters that good.

Obviously this idea isn't perfect but i feel like there would be more in bracket 2 than 1 because if you put your best defensive squad out there, do you think you're 3rd and 4th and 5th squad would be able to beat the opponents best defensive squad? I don't think so.

• Options
    a mere 30K
  • Options
    Not enough.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Thats a lot of work... calculating at any one point 3300 individual rankings which is changing constantly
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Thats a lot of work... calculating at any one point 3300 individual rankings which is changing constantly

No need to calculate. At any given time everyone has a rank. They would just need to display it.

Though I disagree that it is necessary to provide such information as requested by OP, I do think it was an odd choice to only show top 50.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game.

I can play 12 GW nodes (on a good day) and 5 arena matches, then sim for shards/gear. There might also be a raid where I can fight that Rancor again for 2 minutes or Grievous for 4 seconds.

and how would spending money change that in a way that playing longer (more days/weeks) can't?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    [it can only pay off if you spend more money.

This is ****. You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game. And the F2P model is common in most mobile games. Actually if you do everything right from the beginning you can reach top 10 arena and have loads of crystals to play with. If you dont like this kind of game and/or business model go on and play WoW or sth. like that.

I have an alt just like that, F2P. About 18 in arena, 3k in crystals. I also play it about about 30 mins a day because that's all you can do under that model. Meta team for arena, a couple more to help GW/LS/DS. No raid team what so ever, just piggyback my main's guild.

So yes, it's totally possible.

My main, maybe a grand and I regret dumping money in it too. Good games develop good content which drives people to spend. This model is dependent on the Star Wars IP and gimmicks to get people to spend money to beat people who don't spend as much.

Mods, the first tournament and the new raid have all been disappointments. Doing 2 weeks of P1 AAT has drove our 2 whales and half our guild to utter boredom and our coins have dropped about 1/3 so people aren't playing as much.

I'm still playing not because I enjoy this game model anymore but for the guild and obligation because I was dumb enough to spend money on it.

I want to pay for good content, not to beat up on poor people for my ego or to get something it would take 6 months farming, to get now.

Another mobile company that makes billions, with a B, a year in revenue from F2P has a policy that money will never give an advantage when playing against other players.

The huge backlash after the first pay to win tournament taught them a lesson they should of already known but they are a public company and have to show profits per quarter. They have to meet their targets or corporate starts cutting projects and transitioning/firing people. I've worked in both environments including startups and quality content is not their goal at this stage in the games life, unfortunately.
  • Options
    So a couple of my guild mates said they waited to start the last tournament until the timer dipped below the 24 hour mark, and both them were able to get 4* ST when they only average top 500 in arena... does this seem a viable strategy or still just dumb luck depending on the shard you get dropped into?