Thoughts on the tournament! (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    If the only item to win was Shoretrooper shards, I'd be inclined to agree it should be run like the Yoda event. However, the addition of credits, gear and omega mats means the tourney should be open to everyone who is eligible to enter.
  • Options
    What would be hilarious is if they add Shoretrooper to GW Shipments post-tournament. Definitely won't happen, but it'd be hilarious. The outcry would be huge.

I did think about that and it sure would be interesting! Lol
  • Options
    If the only item to win was Shoretrooper shards, I'd be inclined to agree it should be run like the Yoda event. However, the addition of credits, gear and omega mats means the tourney should be open to everyone who is eligible to enter.

Yep
  • Options
    After 3 attempts it's jumps to 250 per toon refresh
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    You can have great fun without paying a cent if you like this kind of game.

I can play 12 GW nodes (on a good day) and 5 arena matches, then sim for shards/gear. There might also be a raid where I can fight that Rancor again for 2 minutes or Grievous for 4 seconds.

and how would spending money change that in a way that playing longer (more days/weeks) can't?

You buy crystals and trade them for more energy for more battles and more arena fights.

more energy isn't going to increase playing time by much, you'll sim anyway. Additional arena battles are pretty cheap, you don't have to spend money to get those.
    Point is, spending money on this game doesn't increase or decrease playing time by much. I get that end game events aren't much fun for relatively new players, but that isn't a money spend issue, but a time played issue. Not all endgame updates are aimed at whales, veteran f2p players also crave new and challenging content.
    I haven't paid a cent since i started playing, but that never stood in the way of me having fun. I do relatively well in every event and game mode, except in tournaments. Small price to pay, for not paying at all ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    so if people compete in the tournament, eventhough they already have shoretrooper, they are trying to ruin it for others? lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    No, they're just participating in a feature of the game all players have a right to be a part of. They arent doing it to spite you or ruin it for you.
  • Options
    Maybe in August of never.

High health steal, counters, and/or stuns would own said tourney. Unless a Rey 1 shots everything.. Ahsoka, lum, daka, anakin... Cody would own that tourney.

5s. Mic drop.
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    What would be hilarious is if they add Shoretrooper to GW Shipments post-tournament. Definitely won't happen, but it'd be hilarious. The outcry would be huge.

I'd be happy with it. I'm at 20/50 to unlocking him, so probably 40/50 after this tournament.
  • Options
    I don't understand (i have read that on multiple threads now) the notion of 7* shore troopers, the winners of the last tourney have a 6* shore trooper and are still lacking 95 shards to max him.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »

I'd be happy with it. I'm at 20/50 to unlocking him, so probably 40/50 after this tournament.

Same here (well, 15 shards so a tad fewer) but I'd be happy with farming him or getting him close to 50 total. I'd be happiest with a full 7* but that ain't happenin'.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    The only thing that bugs me about this request is we don't have any data regarding our defensive battles. So you can't make any determination whether or not your defense is working well or not.

If we could see who's attacking us with what squads and what their success rate is, then maybe I'd be inclined to agree with you, but we can't. Defense is just a set-and-forget function at this point.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    I love that you used BLUF
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Magulama wrote: »
    I don't understand (i have read that on multiple threads now) the notion of 7* shore troopers, the winners of the last tourney have a 6* shore trooper and are still lacking 95 shards to max him.

I thought the #1 spot got 330 shards which equates to a 7* character but maybe my calculations are wrong and they only got 305 (10 + 15 + 30 + 65 + 85 + 100 = 305).
  • Options
    No, dude. You have to hit confirm first, then they ask if you're sure, THEN your team is locked. At a certain point it's got to be on you to not make mistakes.

If your Arena team isn't your best, then don't put them in. It's not hard, dude!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    No, dude. You have to hit confirm first, then they ask if you're sure, THEN your team is locked. At a certain point it's got to be on you to not make mistakes.

If your Arena team isn't your best, then don't put them in. It's not hard, dude!

So you'd recommend your best Arena team for defense? Okay then, Sun Fac + B2 it is then.
  • Options
    Why not? Being on defense doesn't mean you can't use them for offense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

All winners of the lvl 80+ tourney got 7* shoretroopers last time.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Why not? Being on defense doesn't mean you can't use them for offense.

Oh, I got that but I was figuring on maybe using more tanks for defense. Since my Arena team rarely loses more than 15 during the day, I figure it must be decent...certainly better than last tournament (used to lose...a lot).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

I thought the #1 spot got 330 shards which equates to a 7* character but maybe my calculations are wrong and they only got 305 (10 + 15 + 30 + 65 + 85 + 100 = 305).

unlock a 1* = 10, +15 +25, (+30, +65, +85, +100) = 330 = (3*+280 shards)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    not that many players have 7*, and if you're in bracket with someone who does, that one person is not the reason you are struggling, it's everyone playing as a whole.

@leef, your avatar is always awesome, haha everytime i see it I smile or chuckle
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I say put your worst defensive team in, it helps everyone out. Just keep battling with your best squad and win. Your ranking is based on how many points you put up anyway, not on your set defense squad. I just smashed a 13k power team, thank you for whoever put that up.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    You can always improve your mods:)
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Loki26 wrote: »
    As being said, what is the point for those who already had shoretroopers in the last tournament, now they play again in this tournament and try to ruin the game/rank for those who didn't own shoretroopers last tournamen!!

No. It's open game for everyone. Hope you rank poorly at the end of the tournament with no shoretrooper my young padawan.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The whole point of the defense team lock is that you cannot gimp yourself to help a buddy.... YOU STILL CAN!.

That's ridiculous, firstly you can fight him only once secondly the likelyhood you will find him to fight him that single time is negligible...
  • Options

Only comment needed
  • Magulama
    125 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

All winners of the lvl 80+ tourney got 7* shoretroopers last time.

My apologise then, I am in the 70-79 bracket now and the winner there gets a 3* trooper + 280 shards. In the 50-59 I was in last time the winner got 180 shards
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    The whole point of the defense team lock is that you cannot gimp yourself to help a buddy.... YOU STILL CAN!.

That's ridiculous, firstly you can fight him only once secondly the likelyhood you will find him to fight him that single time is negligible...

This is untrue if you are close to rank in the same shard (say top 20) you can remove mods on your defensive team and go back and forth getting points.
  • Options
    It's curious, when we used gems to refresh there was a potential for revenues to CG. Which would be fine and expected. Now with Ally coins and GW tokens used to obtain more Ally coins, where is the revenue potential? Is this a one time thing to soothe the upset over the AAT? If so that's fine, just curious why the change. I have read speculation about clearing out the stockpiles some have, but I have a hard time believing CG concerns themselves with that, unless those with said stockpiles, complained about alternative ways to use them?