Dev Update - 11/11/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    AAT only been out for 3 weeks today, so I'm pretty impressed they have enough data already to address it. Nice work team!

They only need 1 datapoint. How many guilds have beat a normal raid. It's probably less than 1/5.
  • Options
    God job on adding new content. Next tournament is nice info as well, but I do hope that Shoretrooper really won't stay in void for too long.
    I hope Tank takedown optimisation will really make it more pleasant.
    1) Tank animation speed definitely needs a buff ;-), I wonder sometimes also how it's hull can dodge AoE if all of its guns got hit.
    2) Since raid is placed on Geonossis why do we fight droids only without any Geanossians. Following that thought, why does Clone characters and Geanossians don't have any special buffs in this raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Capt_Rex wrote: »
    2) Since raid is placed on Geonossis why do we fight droids only without any Geanossians. Following that thought, why does Clone characters and Geanossians don't have any special buffs in this raid?

The original design was to have mods as rewards. There was also a correlation between the mod rewarded and the toins who get the buff. Racnor was no buff, or everyone like the health mods challenge.

The tank was designed to reward defense and crit damage, so the buffs are on jedi and jawa. These 2 groups are also the groups geared and skill based to fight droids.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm just confused, I didn't think anyone was calling for a nerf to heroic. I thought the general consensus was to either lower health of normal or add a lower tier for other guilds.

I see a lot of defending a position that was not introduced.

We are working up to heroic and have tried twice and stalled out. I love that there is a challenge and something to work towards. We can run normal in 3 to 4 days and it's not terrible but it's just boring, you do have time to teat teams but that's the only benefit. There is no reason this content should not have another tier that would allow lower lvl guilds to complete it in a week, anything more then that is just rediculous.

Agree completely. Reduce the normal health or add an easier tier. Reading about guilds taking a month + to complete a normal is just crazy.
  • Options
    The rewards are already awful even when in top 10 in the normal raid so i vote reduce health not add another tier with (probably) even more reduced rewards!
  • Options
    Ally points should be used for something else besides worthless bronze data cards and squad tournaments, such as character shards and gear.
  • SpacemanSpliff
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I hope they finally put Rex in cantina now that more chromium are coming out. He has remained chromium longer than any other toon. Also please put clone sergeant in gw shop to :)
  • Options
    I agree t6 needs a nerf but heroics are fun!!! Speaking if heroics we have a active one!!!!

Current AAT Heroic is active now. Join and collect rewards with us!!! We have room!!!

Open to join 663728715

Rules: FFA

Have fun!!!!
  • Options
    Check the daily activities screen then role move a member of the guild and check it again it drops 600 coins everytime someone joins or leaves a guild we recently transfered guys to another guild and lots thousands and thousands of coins.

Even if the player has not logged in and is inactive it deducts the 600 from your tickets. we have over 20K then I booted some inactive guys who spent 0 coins and we're down to under 15k coins / tickets today

Is this Wai, it wasn't happening last week so when was this coin depleting data stealthily nerfed into the game?
  • Options
    nulami wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon This tournament again favors people who hoarded ally coins. Can we have a tournament where everyone is given equal amount of currency?

The tournaments are all going to use ally points from now on. Feel free to save them. Or don't.

This last tournament, I came in 37th and the shards I got didn't even come close to unlocking Shoretrooper.

That's strange because at the tier 26 - 100 you DO get a 3* shore trooper
  • Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    AAT only been out for 3 weeks today, so I'm pretty impressed they have enough data already to address it. Nice work team!

I'm impressed they actually commented about it instead of finding something else to work

Took them long enough, they nerfed mods pretty quick when we complained that mods were op.
    That was because some whale guilds make a thread of "no spending" and they even got to communicate with Jesse by phone, hence the "quickness".
  • Options
    But what about ships?
    Two weeks in a row something about them, and nothing in last update.
    As I understand they won't be up for at least two more weeks, but why don't you tell us, like in previous updates more about them? like types, quantity, farm etc.?
  • Options
    I hope they finally put Rex in cantina now that more chromium are coming out. He has remained chromium longer than any other toon. Also please put clone sergeant in gw shop to :)

+1
  • Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    We worked so freaking hard, formed a new guild specifically to defeat the new raid, recruited all of the right people and after today we will have defeated the Heroic AAT 6 times! For all of our hard work, you now want to nerf the raid so all of the slackers can catch up? This is not okay! It was going to truly mean something for those that got General Kenobi! Now, it is going to just be another EA joke. If you absolutely MUST nerf the raid, please at least reward the guilds that have worked so hard by not nerfing it for about 3 months. That way we at least get an advantage that we deserve, even though it will be short lived! I bet if you just wait 3 months, enough guilds will be completing it and you actually won't have to nerf the event! This is right up there with the Yoda event! I got Yoda before you nerfed the event and that meant something. After the nerf, everyone and their grandma had Yoda. It was at least an achievement because Yoda himself is terrible. After the nerf, just a joke.

That's fine for heroic, but have you tried 'normal'? We are 3+ weeks in, and we will finish our first tomorrow. That's not balanced.

Having completed normal and heroic as a guild I would agree here. Heroic is where it should be. However we couldnt even kill normal quick enough to not lose guild coins. I think they need to definitely sort out the HP on the normal raid and leave Heroic raid alone.
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon This tournament again favors people who hoarded ally coins. Can we have a tournament where everyone is given equal amount of currency?

The tournaments are all going to use ally points from now on. Feel free to save them. Or don't.

This last tournament, I came in 37th and the shards I got didn't even come close to unlocking Shoretrooper.

It depends on the bracket.

That's what I hate about all the tournament threads, people are all talking about different brackets which are completely different.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It depends on the bracket.

That's what I hate about all the tournament threads, people are all talking about different brackets which are completely different.

The payout lvl's are the same in each bracket 26-100 gets you 3*. That doesn't change.
  • Options
    I hate their usage of "soon".
  • Options
    Not another tournament....last time it took me like 8h in my weekend just to endup top 100....

They need to do something about that....
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Not another tournament....last time it took me like 8h in my weekend just to endup top 100....

They need to do something about that....
    Multi Sim!! :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    About tank raid:
    - Leave heroic as it is now. Not nerf needed
    - Keep normal like that but make an easier tier with stun cuffs/guns as rewards.
    - IMPROVE the rewards on normal. 5 days raiding to get THIS?!

6pt53o.jpg
    294oz9e.jpg

Yeah getting stuff of what I already have 800+ while I'm starving on cuffs, guns, syringes, holo projectors and carbanti walkie talkies.
  • Options
    I think this game needs an event where the rewards are not based on ranking but on a total score like every phone games I played in the past.

This way, begginers are able to get begginers rewards that require low score (e.g. 100 000) and good players have all the potentials to get the rarest rewards like a new character 7* (e.g. 5 000 000) and some exceptional players could get a top 3 ultimate rewards like crystals and gold equipment with huge score (e.g. 50 000 000).

This is only a suggestion where anyone feel jaded by the reward mechanic...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse can you please explain a couple things to us?
    First why is it that only the damage is being looked at? Do you guys really think that a tank should be able to move twice before even the slower characters? It's a tank, I don't recall ever hearing of a fast tank even in the canon Star Wars. How is it that every piece of the tank can go twice before an Akbar led rebel team? I'm pretty sure statistics like that need to be reworked too.
    Secondly, everybody has a huge point about the rewards payout for Tier 6. To be grinding for days at a time to get the type of rewards that we are getting is an absolute slap to the face. People have already suggested making stun cuffs, mk 3 holos and guns a part of the rewards. These new rewards don't work especially when you put a payout cap on the Rancor raid where people still are grinding for cuffs, guns and syringes. Which in it of itself is an absolute joke. Who are you to tell us how many rewards we can get? Especially with people that pay to play this game.
    Third are you guys seriously not considering putting in another tier for lower level players? Even after the damage recalculation you still have players that don't have Max teams in order to compete even at tier 6. You guys spend so much time working on this Raid but never took into consideration your player base. That is becoming an increasingly shocking trend with you guys over there. Stop doing what you think you guys would like and take into consideration what we want. We've been calling for reworks to classic characters like Darth Maul, Tebow, and other iconic characters but you haven't delivered. You keep pushing out broken raids and broken events and then say "oops, sorry will try harder next time" but never do. Before you even push out ships, fix the problems in the game. I don't think that we want another broken part to this game that we will be hammering to be fixed.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    About tank raid:
    - Leave heroic as it is now. Not nerf needed
    - Keep normal like that but make an easier tier with stun cuffs/guns as rewards.
    - IMPROVE the rewards on normal. 5 days raiding to get THIS?!

6pt53o.jpg
    294oz9e.jpg

Yeah getting stuff of what I already have 800+ while I'm starving on cuffs, guns, syringes, holo projectors and carbanti walkie talkies.

I got that from a top 10 finish in heroic, no idea why that's even an option as a reward
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
This discussion has been closed.