Dev Update - 11/11/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev1345
Hiya Holotable Heros! I'm ecstatic to introduce and share some details regarding our new Streets of Jedha Squad Tournament launching next week! Let's take a closer look and get into the TaunTaun guts of what's in store.
Streets of Jedha Tournament Information
A New character from Rogue One has arrived:Chirrut Imwe!
25m909dbo94w.jpg
Chirrut Imwe, a spiritual warrior monk, is a balanced Rebel attacker, capable of dispelling debuffs from his allies and granting them both a Heal Over Time and Tenacity Up. His belief in the Force and its guidance helps guide his strikes granting him, ”Strength of Purpose,”
59vu189wh1gy.gif
giving him increased damage for each of his buffed allies, as well as calling his best friend, Baze Malbus (if Baze is in the squad), to Assist. Which by the by, Baze Malbus is also coming to the game as a Chromium-exclusive. More info on him when he gets released!

For a more in depth look at Chirruit and his abiltities, please review our Character Strategy post <<HERE>>

Shards of Chirrut are available exclusively in the STREETS OF JEDHA Squad Tournament starting this Friday ( November 18th 5pm Player Zone Time). This event will run until Sunday, November 20th. You will need to be at least level 30 in order to have a chance of unlocking this Rebel attacker for your collection. Just like the most recent Tournament, Squad Refresh will cost Ally Points and NOT Crystals.
The contents of the tournament rewards will be the same as the Shoretrooper tournament event, with the difference being that you will win Chirruit shards as opposed to Shoretrooper shards

Dominate the STREETS OF JEDHA Squad Tournament leaderboard this weekend to add this Rogue One Rebel attacker to your squad!

Tank Takedown Raid
We're aware of the difficulty guilds are experiencing with the Tank Takedown raid.It was ideally crafted for higher guild membership numbers and more frequent participation, but since then research has shown that enough guilds are below those assumptions to make the raid overall far more difficult than we’d intended. While there is no set timeline in regards to when these fixes will be released, we want to let you know it is on our radar and actively being addressed.
  • As always, we appreciate your feedback on you and your respective guild’s experience with this raid as we look into tuning the raids difficulty.
  • We’ve also heard your feedback on the tank animation in Phase 2, and will be making changes to address this
Awesome! What do you all think?
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• Options
    Looks sweet! I really want to finish shore trooper though so hope he will be farmable elsewhere soon!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    They finally admitted it's too hard and slow :open_mouth:

Btw everything is a thumbs up in my book. Keep the tourney the same format so finally it's even and tuned the AAT.
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Looks sweet! I really want to finish shore trooper though so hope he will be farmable elsewhere soon!

This. Where's shoretrooper and tie pilot??
  • Options
    AAT only been out for 3 weeks today, so I'm pretty impressed they have enough data already to address it. Nice work team!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    yeah, those of us banging our heads against the tank for 3 weeks have been heard
  • Options
    It would be great to know where we will be able to farm shoretrooper (if)
  • Options
    Feel free to look into the 'raid rewards exceeded' delightful surprise that randomly affects half our guild weekly despite membership being stable. Will it be me this week? Oh goody
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get some news about Shoretrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot ? Go they Chromium or will they be farmable ?
  • Options
    Woot me and my buddy Chirrut coming to a holotable near you. (^_^)v
  • DelmonYoung
    240 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Am I crazy or are they blaming the guilds for their ridulously hard raid?
    Higher guild membership numbers? Pretty sure it has always been 50...
    More frequent participation? Obviously everyone just needs to try harder...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get some news about Shoretrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot ? Go they Chromium or will they be farmable ?

Chromium is considered farmable, as per statements made earlier.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Chromium is considered farmable, as per statements made earlier.

Then why can't a farm Echo or Shaman? Jk I don't want to anyway
  • Options
    Not going to waste time on collecting two more Rebels, having more than enough Rebels for any Rebel events.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    "We're aware of the difficulty guilds are experiencing with the Tank Takedown raid.It was ideally crafted for higher guild membership numbers and more frequent participation, but since then research has shown that enough guilds are below those assumptions to make the raid overall far more difficult than we’d intended. While there is no set timeline in regards to when these fixes will be released, we want to let you know it is on our radar and actively being addressed."

So what's the timeline? Before the new year?
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    To me, the difficulty seems fine in T6, it's just that phases have oceans and oceans of hp to slog through.

Also a huge thank you for addressing the phase 2 tank molasses-in-January animation! It will be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    Good overall news.
    New tournament, new characters, a hopeful statement.
    That said I would like to know more about the future of characters like shoretrooper and tie pilot... because if the idea now is getting stuck with 4 or 5* characters from tournaments... I'll be a sad panda...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options

I unfortunately cannot say for now, but rest assured, they wont be in the void for long and we'll detail where they'll land soon. :)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Interesting character, well done.

Please fix the animations in other phases also, we have all seen them enough. How about +50% speed on all tank raid animations. Like a fast forward button for those of us who are now used to them.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Lol ninja edits lol
    In my exuberance I forgot how to English!
    tumblr_nalfzcPfxj1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

I unfortunately cannot say for now, but rest assured, they wont be in the void for long and we'll detail where they'll land soon. :)
    Thanks , but as long as i don't know if i have the Chance to get them to 7* makes this Tournament no sense to me... Wasting Hours for a 3* or 4* ?... That's nothing for me ...
  • Options
    It's going to be bad if they put in chromium. They are such key toons and the first two Shoretrooper tourneyments were so messed up
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is finally on phase 2 of the normal tank take down raid and we started it launch day ****??? Its ridiculous difficult hopefully gets fixed sooner rather then later
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon This tournament again favors people who hoarded ally coins. Can we have a tournament where everyone is given equal amount of currency?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon This tournament again favors people who hoarded ally coins. Can we have a tournament where everyone is given equal amount of currency?

The tournaments are all going to use ally points from now on. Feel free to save them. Or don't.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon When will the refresh happen for the tourney? 24h after start or at 8 am, player zone? How long will they be?
  • Options
    Good luck making shore trooper farmable without a lot of complaints chromium/arodium "wow now all of us who couldn't get shore trooper have to pay!" F2p " wow we worked so hard to get our shore troopers and now people can easily farm him!". Well this us to be expected because you can't satisfy everyone.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Awesome looking character!

Any chance the shards will be distributed a little more throughout the top 10? 1st place being the only one who gets a 7* character is a little rough. Tournaments have been fun, and a great addition especially now that it doesn't cost crystals to refresh. Just takes so much time to stay in the top spot, and I have no idea how others had as many ally points as they did to get so far ahead. I had a ton, with plenty of GW converted, managed 4th, and only upgraded from 3* to 5*. Such a let down after investing plenty of hours and all of my ally points into it.
  • Options

its finally an even playing field now. Everyone gets the same amount, maybe a tad more if you really spam those refreshes with a ton of crystals.

You spent all your points on bronze packs trying to get shards instead of banking for the tourney. Your choice on what you do w them but no need to change the rules based on what you personally chose.
  • Options
    New toon probably isn't all that great without his chromium partner, unlike shore.
  • Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    Not going to waste time on collecting two more Rebels, having more than enough Rebels for any Rebel events.

+1
  • Options

its finally an even playing field now. Everyone gets the same amount

You do realize people have hoarded tons of GW tokens right?

It's a hoarders tournament. They need to level the playing field where everyone starts out with same amount...and not favouring people who hoarded GW tokens & ally coins.
This discussion has been closed.