Dev Update - 11/11/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    @CG_Kozispoon This tournament again favors people who hoarded ally coins. Can we have a tournament where everyone is given equal amount of currency?

its finally an even playing field now. Everyone gets the same amount

You do realize people have hoarded tons of GW tokens right?

It's a hoarders tournament. They need to level the playing field where everyone starts out with same amount...and not favouring people who hoarded GW tokens & ally coins.

Everyone gets GW tokens and ally points exactly at the same rate and are free.

The first tournament flushed a lot the banked GW tokens and the more tournaments the closer everyone will get.

Giving everyone 10 attacks is boring and would result in so many ties.

This system is good and adds a little fair variance. Spend for bronze, spend for shard shop or save for tourney.

This is coming from someone who spent most of his ally points on bronze and will be sitting in a bad spot for the tourney but it's ok cause it was my choice I made.
  • Options
    Great update dont get me wrong! But.... Boba rework? Pretty please!?????
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon This tournament again favors people who hoarded ally coins. Can we have a tournament where everyone is given equal amount of currency?

It's a hoarders tournament. They need to level the playing field where everyone starts out with same amount...and not favouring people who hoarded GW tokens & ally coins.

The first tournament flushed a lot the banked GW tokens and the more tournaments the closer everyone will get.

This system is good and adds a little fair variance. Spend for bronze, spend for shard shop or save for tourney.

This is coming from someone who spent most of his ally points on bronze and will be sitting in a bad spot for the tourney but it's ok cause it was my choice I made.

Strongly disagree. Alot of the winners of the first tournament didnt spend much in the 2nd tournament. Also, there are still significant numbers of huge stockpiles remaining. Just asking around I can easily find 40 to 50 people with at least half a million ally points ready to go.

Per region there are what, maybe 10 to 15 shards? Too many hoarders with no way to be competitive EVEN if you want to fork out to do so. Energy refresh is not a viable AP generator. A maxed days refreshes will only get you close to 5k ally points which is ONE tourney refresh at where it counts.

@EA_Jesse please give players an option to be competitive here if they choose to.
  • Options
    Don't say rework, say improvement. Reworking could make him even more pointless.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »

Strongly disagree. Alot of the winners of the first tournament didnt spend much in the 2nd tournament. Also, there are still significant numbers of huge stockpiles remaining. Just asking around I can easily find 40 to 50 people with at least half a million ally points ready to go.

Per region there are what, maybe 10 to 15 shards? Too many hoarders with no way to be competitive EVEN if you want to fork out to do so. Energy refresh is not a viable AP generator. A maxed days refreshes will only get you close to 5k ally points which is ONE tourney refresh at where it counts.

@EA_Jesse please give players an option to be competitive here if they choose to.

100% agree with josh.

I know people who could run 4-5 million ally coins if they converted their GW tokens. Many have close to million Ally coins.

People who went for Grievous in shard shop are severely punished...because they used GW tokens to generate shard shop currency.

Tournaments should be about good rosters, good mods and strategy. It should not be about who hoarded the most GW tokens.

There will be like 10-20 USA servers. Unless you hoarded a ton, you won't finish in top 5. They need to create a level playing field.

@CG_Kozispoon can you please address this issue and create a more level playing field?
  • Options
    I'll stick to Bronziums
  • Options
    Great update, excited. I agree give Fett some love.
  • Options
    AAT only been out for 3 weeks today, so I'm pretty impressed they have enough data already to address it. Nice work team!

I'm impressed they actually commented about it instead of finding something else to work
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

The tournaments are all going to use ally points from now on. Feel free to save them. Or don't.

Tournaments will favor those who have all of the GW characters and can spend their GW crystals on ally coins or those who choose to forego getting shards so they can get toon of the tournament shards instead. It comes down to do you want to get shards for a character you will be able to unlock (GW) or shards for a character most have no chance in coming close to unlocking?

This last tournament, I came in 37th and the shards I got didn't even come close to unlocking Shoretrooper. They only good reward was the raid box. Not sure if that was worth giving up the character shards from GW though.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options

100% agree with josh.

I know people who could run 4-5 million ally coins if they converted their GW tokens. Many have close to million Ally coins.

People who went for Grievous in shard shop are severely punished...because they used GW tokens to generate shard shop currency.

Tournaments should be about good rosters, good mods and strategy. It should not be about who hoarded the most GW tokens.

There will be like 10-20 USA servers. Unless you hoarded a ton, you won't finish in top 5. They need to create a level playing field.

@CG_Kozispoon can you please address this issue and create a more level playing field?

There is no way they are going to appease the masses.
    First tournament was refresh for crystals
    Fourms erupted that it was a whale fest

Next tournament was ally points
    Now it was the horders who had the advantage.

Even if it had its own currency or other ways to obtain AP the forums would erupt with how unfair it is, and this is just another "whale" fest.. Blah blah blah blah blah.

AP stock will go down and I think they should put a cap on how many you can have.

They should make the use of ally points worth more else where and make players choose to either save or use them.

Same with GW tokens add gear or new characters to GW shipments.

Forced to make choices and a cap will make the stocks of AP go down.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

100% agree with josh.

The first tournament wasn't a level playing field either, it was either piggyback with friends or open your wallet. I doubt we will see a viable method to make tournaments fair anytime soon.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    New characters should came in aurodium not chromium.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

There is a simple solution.

Create a separate tournament currency. Everyone gets the same amount.

Just like a poker tournament where everyone starts with same number of chips.

Person with better roster, better mods and better strategy will win.

@CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

@CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse

Going off that poker comparison, maybe give the option to bet extra currency on a fight if you think you can get a perfect win. I think that would also reward those with better rosters and better squads
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Then people will complain that there is no way to buy more of the currency.

If they really want the "tournament" to test the depth of your roster than remove refreshes all together.
  • Options
    I'd rather see a hard cap on total amount of refreshes within the roster-refresh period. This would limit the amount of time I'd have to be playing the tournament and, if implemented at a rational amount, limit how much AP can be spent in the tournament.

I feel players who have stockpiled GW currency and AP should have an advantage. If we want to limit that advantage, we need more avenues to spend AP (this must provide as much advantage as a tourney hero) and more items in which to purchase with GW tokens i.e. purple gears.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get some news about Shoretrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot ? Go they Chromium or will they be farmable ?

I unfortunately cannot say for now, but rest assured, they wont be in the void for long and we'll detail where they'll land soon. :)

Thanks for the update @CG_Kozispoon . However, I was saving up my ally points to go HAM on the next Shoretrooper tourney to finish mine to 7*, so it would be nice to get confirmation on whether or not Shoretrooper will be returning to a squad tournament, or if he'll be farmable elsewhere.

Personally, since Chirrut shines brightest with his chromium pal Baze, I won't even consider spending anything on this new tourney if there's the slightest chance of Shoretrooper returning in a tourney.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Ultra
    11602 posts Moderator
    Options

Tournament requires hoarding ally points. Its a game of who has the bigger patience. The same people who aren't hoarding the coins are missing out on Bronzium packs. I know a lot of people are going to say Bronzium pulls are useless and they shouldn't be punished for it but then why bother buying them?

Yes, the top players will have a vast number of ally points and they might have a huge lead on this tournament even if you were hoarding the points but like I said its a patience game. You can choose to not spend any points this tournament and save two tournament's worth of ally points for the next time tourney rolls around. At this point its safe to say that Ally Touranment are here to stay and will pop up regularly unless the devs state that they are going to be getting rid of them.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get some news about Shoretrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot ? Go they Chromium or will they be farmable ?

I unfortunately cannot say for now, but rest assured, they wont be in the void for long and we'll detail where they'll land soon. :)

Thanks for the update @CG_Kozispoon . However, I was saving up my ally points to go HAM on the next Shoretrooper tourney to finish mine to 7*, so it would be nice to get confirmation on whether or not Shoretrooper will be returning to a squad tournament, or if he'll be farmable elsewhere.

Personally, since Chirrut shines brightest with his chromium pal Baze, I won't even consider spending anything on this new tourney if there's the slightest chance of Shoretrooper returning in a tourney.

Well I was going to refer to the dev update that the last one was the final Shoretrooper tournament but it seems that part was edited out.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Well I was going to refer to the dev update that the last one was the final Shoretrooper tournament but it seems that part was edited out.

Yes, shortly after the that announcement it was stealth changed to say 'second' without notifying anyone, so I don't know what to think about it now.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

New characters look cool, need to make Chirrut farmable after the 2nd tournament or the combo wont be worthwhile with him sub-7stars.

Dont nerf Heroic raid. Either add a sub non-heroic or greatly increase awards for current non-heroic so guilds can catch-up.
  • Options
    Please don't turn the AAT raid into cheese.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon thank you for the update. I must say at first the AAT raid was difficult. After a few weeks of leveling toons, gear and player level I believe it's spot on. Please do not let it turn into rancor easy or to were we have to limit damage. It is fine and people will work up to it. I was very bored and complacent before the new raid. This has invigorated our guild and teammates to work together.
    People who complain about the difficulty
    1. Don't have rosters equipped or any depth
    2. Modded incorrectly
    3. Don't maximize on synergy
    4. Haven't achieved level 85 and or geared 11
    Please don't lower the raid or make it easier. Let's keep the game challenging and working towards a goal. Thank you for your help!
    @SnakesOnAPlane @EA_Jesse @Waterdog01
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    JJBagger wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon thank you for the update. I must say at first the AAT raid was difficult. After a few weeks of leveling toons, gear and player level I believe it's spot on. Please do not let it turn into rancor easy or to were we have to limit damage. It is fine and people will work up to it. I was very bored and complacent before the new raid. This has invigorated our guild and teammates to work together.
    2. Modded incorrectly
    Please don't lower the raid or make it easier. Let's keep the game challenging and working towards a goal. Thank you for your help!

Not commenting on "difficulty" of the Raid.

Needing gear 11 to complete the Raid is kinda of the Chicken and the egg scenario. Without spending crystals the majority of the characters in the game cannot get to g11 without completing tank raids.
  • Options
    2. Modded incorrectly

Needing gear 11 to complete the Raid is kinda of the Chicken and the egg scenario. Without spending crystals the majority of the characters in the game cannot get to g11 without completing tank raids.

Gear 9-11 toons do fine
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    2. Modded incorrectly

Gear 9-11 toons do fine

Won't disagree with that but your original statement was people who complain about difficulty haven't reached g11.
  • Options
    It's been said before and in agreement with JJBagger above, please don't mess with the heroic difficulty. It is tuned well: a great challenge for top guilds to work towards but not impossibly hard. Either make new easier tiers or lower the HP pool in the Normal tank raid. There has to be something challenging left in the end once everyone gears and levels up.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @benacrow I believe they said it was the last time Shoretrooper would be in the tournament, I'll dig around to confirm, but I read something that made me hope all my leftover Ally Points would be useful again for a DIFFERENT hero someday.

EDIT: can't seem to find anything saying it was the last time, unless someone got a screenshot of the in-game newsletter. There's always hope.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    2. Modded incorrectly

You don't necessarily need G11 toons to beat Heroic AAT, tho it obviously helps, but JJ's main point was you do need guilds who work on synergy and teamwork. Regardless, the game has never guaranteed F2P equality, and it shouldn't.

As JJ said, this raid is definitely spot on (tho the animations could speed up some, but I'm getting used to it). In just 3 raids we've taken it from 48 hours, to 24 hours, and now to 16 hours to beat (and that's with overnight sleep included in that figure), with more than half our roster not even going in P4, and some not even in p3.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow I believe they said it was the last time Shoretrooper would be in the tournament, I'll dig around to confirm, but I read something that made me hope all my leftover Ally Points would be useful again for a DIFFERENT hero someday.

They originally did than edited the announcement to remove the word "final"
This discussion has been closed.