Developer Q&A thread

Replies

• Options
    Icyraine wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    I would suggest that

1) standardize rewards time and rewards being time based, meaning instead of giving multiple 6pm rewards ( euro , us , Asian ) u only give once and to the account that spent the most time at that spot during the last 24 hours

I know this is a Q&A section, but I am definitely against this idea. If that new 6pm (or the most active time) happens to be 3am in your time zone, that would be very fun, wouldn't it?

What I am saying is a system that could calculate the amount of time u spend during the last 24 hours

Example if u spend more then 12 hours (out of 24) at rank 4 u will be rewarded rank 4 reward at the rewards time even if u end up at rank 12

I mean clearly this is just an idea i am throwing out whether it possible to implement or taken into suggestion , I don't know
    Arena question

Would changes be made in the arena system ?

Problems that I feel in the current system are

1) there are different rewards time for people playing on different time zones

2) sniping during the last 5-10mins or getting into a match to prevent someone from battling you seems more like an abuse of game mechanics

3) computer controlled AI isn't very smart

I would suggest that

1) standardize rewards time and rewards being time based, meaning instead of giving multiple 6pm rewards ( euro , us , Asian ) u only give once and to the account that spent the most time at that spot during the last 24 hours

This can be done for the top 10 example
    rank 6-10 having 10% more rewards
    Rank 5 15%
    Rank 4 20%
    Rank 3 25%
    Rank 2 50%
    Rank 1 100%

This would prevent last min snipe/block tactics and more active arena battles to see who truly is top for the day and encouraging more crystals useage for higher ranks and bragging rights

2) AI needs a boost on defense for arena , perhaps a 10% hp boost for the defense or a combination of damage +hp , what's a good number and for what ranks would need to be tested

Just my 2 cents

Wouldn't it be better and easier to put this in?.

The arena award given each day is based on the highest rank achieved that day.

No more snipers.

Again wouldn't this be best because using your idea as a wallet spender. I would simply just use 2 refreshes maybe three for 20 refreshers to keep sniping the spot i want.

At least my way it is not as hard of the F2P so they can keep up with us.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    How does the ally leader system works?
  • Options
    I would suggest that

I know this is a Q&A section, but I am definitely against this idea. If that new 6pm (or the most active time) happens to be 3am in your time zone, that would be very fun, wouldn't it?

What I am saying is a system that could calculate the amount of time u spend during the last 24 hours

Example if u spend more then 12 hours (out of 24) at rank 4 u will be rewarded rank 4 reward at the rewards time even if u end up at rank 12

I mean clearly this is just an idea i am throwing out whether it possible to implement or taken into suggestion , I don't know

Ok, I now get what you mean.

...but that is potentially opening up the door to massive confusion and outcry; players would complain why am I rank X at the end of the day when I believe I was rank Y most of the time and CG would be spending a lot of time answering to those claims. Lol

But let's stop here because this is a thread for us to ask questions to the developers, not suggesting ideas. ;)
  • Vader_Be_Hatin
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Question: Are the speed bonus leader abilities of Ackbar & QGJ originally designed (in the mind of the designers) to implement before the first turn ? Or are they designed to increase speed after the first turn? Like in the current meta, where 'standard speed' seems to be the current stat which affects the beginning order of turns.
  • Options
    Hi!
    Some of the things bothers me. Kylo why weaker then FOTP toon? I buy kylo ren pack and why weaker than First order others? And why some characrers are more better than others? Many characters unusable, and it's leader skills are awful, useless.

Other.
    Some toons are too fast some too slow. Example Asajj is the slowest and her HP is too low, beated in the first round. Her is Useless.
    Some toons have many HP and got many speed Poe, FTOP...
    I flushed away many characters and got farming news, but its slow becouse I dont get any MK III abilityes and shards. Many people dont have millions for this game.
    It is cool game but need to think it again the characters.
    The testers they do not perform any good work, for the toon synergyes.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Question: Are the speed bonus leader abilities of Ackbar & QGJ originally designed (in the mind of the designers) to implement before the first turn ? Or are they designed to increase speed after the first turn? Like in the current meta, where 'standard speed' seems to be the current stat which affects the beginning order of turns.

Also, this question regarding Ventress and Lobot as well.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    When are you going to address the entire galactic wars debacle and make it interesting again. You put up a good show posting a thread about it and the silence has been telling.
  • Options
    Will there be a way to get chromium characters eventually for example, I pulled a Cad Bane at 3 stars, he is currently in the January DL so I will have him at 4* but so maybe once you get a chromium only Character it unlocks that Character for shipments or a hard mode. Or maybe have it so there is a separate table for chromium only characters that unlocks once you get your first chromium characters and you can farm them in there. Thanks.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Any plans to fix the leader speed buff ability so it works first round?
    Currently it doesn't, which makes different squad compositions less common and the game less interesting as a result.
    The bug affects Lobot, Qui-Gon Jinn, Admiral Akbar, Grand Moff Tarkin and Asajj Ventress.

I have a hard time believing that was the intent since it hobbles all 5 to the point where it's almost not worth placing them as leader, and all other leader skills are effective from the first turn.

The first round is critical, losing leader advantage off the mark is devastating when speed is so crucial.
    And if you can't have them as leaders then the feasibility of Nightsister, Empire, Rebel, Droid and some Jedi synergy teams are greatly diminished and we get more cookie cutter squads which isn't good for anybody.
    Post edited by Jabberwocky on
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    1. Will there ever be a buff to some of the slower characters that just can't compete with the fast ones? Mostly speaking about characters like Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress, who might be decent but are guaranteed to go last. And if the enemy does any turn manipulation they will even have multiple turns per character before Ahsoka / Asajj get a single turn.
    2. This is a rather personal question for me. I live in a rural area and all the internet providers are rather...not good. Satellite is about the only "reasonable" option, but it's a bit laggy. When trying to play SW:GoH over my wifi, the game works fine if a bit slow in places. I can SIM missions, buy shipments, edit / gear / train my team, etc. The only thing I can't do is finish a battle. Right after the victory stars pop up, where the client reports the result to the server, it times out and asks me to try again before my laggy connection can actually get the info to you. Would it be possible to slightly increase the time allowed to report the battle result before timing us out? It would help a lot!
    3. Certain heroes (such as Sidious, Poe, Luminara) are so much stronger than anything else available via their shipments that there isn't much point in investing in the other characters. This leads to all the f2p and many p2p players running these characters and killing the diversity in the game. Is there anything that is being done to improve the quality of some of the lesser characters from shipments, or lower the quality of these best characters so that others are more attractive?
  • Options
    Without having read through the other posts - sorry if this is a duplicate idea.

Could we as players get a daily report on the matches in arena, where we could see who attacked us, their power and their initial position?
    Furthermore, it would be cool to have a bit more statistics in the game in general where we could track things such as wins, losses total matches etc.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks
  • Options

My apologies if this has already been asked......but what is Kylo Ren's percentage for a counter attack?
  • XxLordRevan
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My question is in reguard to our squad dynamics. There is a plethora of characters with various abilities, but with the current 5 squad member limit I and others only focus on a limited few of the characters we have aquired. Would it be possible to increase the squad to 6 members? This would add more dynamics, diversitivity, and allow us to use more of the various characters in game to add an additional strategy for players. If this was implemented you would only need to increase the damage, and health on npcs to reflect the change, or possibly have this feature unlock upon reaching max level.

My second question is why HK-47 and no Revan? I know it's a little messed up to say, but I would pay $100 just for Revan.. In the strongest character game thread, I have detailed information with 4 to 5 references in reguards to the character Revan. I could easily paste that information to this thread should I be asked to. What I would like to know is can we at some point expect this iconic fan favorite from Knights of the old Republic to be added to the game?
    "Who I am is not important, my message is."
    - Revan
  • Options
    Some sort of a practice arena would be great so we can test how the AI uses our team in defense.
    Speaking of defense, it would be nice to hear more about the defense and armor stats and how they will be implemented in further updates so we can start planning the usage of our resources.
    I can't wait to see the animations chosen to be used for Yoda! I'm hoping to see him do the drop the cane and open his vest before using the force to bring his light saber to hand when he is leader and lots of hopping when attacking!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    On Bugged Hero Abilities:

There are multiple heroes with abilities that do not work as described.
    Some have made them stronger than intended while others the opposite.

(E.g. Leia/FOTP atking multiple times, Ackbar unable to remove some bugs, Asajj debug skill healing all)

For Asajj, this bug has been since DAY 1 of global release.
    Appreciate if the DEVS can make fixing such bugs the priority.
    IMO it is no use rushing content while not fixing existing game bugs.

To make matters worse, these bugs are on the heroes that players pay for or grind out daily.
    It's like buying a car with 300bhp on the brochure only to find it churns out just 100bhp.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't know if this has already been brought up or not but can asajj's rampage ability be fixed because if she is the one to get the final blow the buff that she received is gone instantly because it's registering that the one turn she is supposed to receive it for is already over.
  • Options
    Why some sithlord has multiple effect on each ability, whereas jedi built looklike a telephone pole?
    Why assaj has low natural speed also she is not tanky and taken for granted hp?
    Why there many anti jedi sbilities, on other hamd theres none anti sith ability?
    According to the lore both oppress and maul are belong to nitesister, any future plan to include them on nitesister, and why assaj not counted as sithlord cuz her version ingame are......sithlord?
    About taunt, some taunt are lame some op, some last three two or one round, why not alll taunt became 1 turn and reduce their cooldown and rduce certain percentages of damage?
    Any chance that clone wars anakin, general obi wan will made their way to the game? Oh and grey ahsoka tano too.
    Any spoiler for upcoming GW fixes?
    Will the iap pricing goes down? At least are they chance for it?
    the cake is a lie
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Could we be told the formula that damage is derived from? The stats screen doesn't really describe much, and there are characters (Cad Bane for example) doing less damage than others, (FOTP/Resistance Pilot) even though the former has higher stats in the physical damage department.

Along those lines, why was Leia's multi-attack rate fixed, yet her buff is still proccing 100% of the time, meanwhile FOTP still has the exact same bug allowing him to do more attacks than his tooltip would suggest?

Are you working on balance? Should we expect a nerf to certain compositions? Will we ever get information on balance changes that are in the works before they're released?

Is the current state of GW one that we should expect to stay the way it is for the forseeable future? Are we ever going to have a GW that keeps the game state the same battle-to-battle? That is, keeping the same buffs/debuffs and health percentages. Will the random number generation ever be moved over a model that utilizes true random number generation, or is the random seed here to stay? Is the retreat mechanism we have now here to stay?

Will we ever have the target change bug fixed? If so, is it coming in the upcoming update, or after? Will AI characters continue to try to heal heal-immune allies? Will Talia continue to try to heal herself?

Why was Dooku removed from the Dark Side pack?
    Post edited by MeetraSurik on
  • Options
    According to the lore both oppress and maul are belong to nitesister, any future plan to include them on nitesister, and why assaj not counted as sithlord cuz her version ingame are......sithlord?

Don't want to turn it into a debate in the question thread, but this isn't true. They're from the same race and planet, but only the (female) witch cult are nightsisters. It's sort of given away by the "sisters" part of the name.
  • Options
    Unlimited free no rewards lounge?
  • DrPancakes
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a very minor change request. That is purely QoL. On the 14th login day of every month we get 375 ally points. Could you please change this to a multiple of 10. Since there is no other way to acquire 5 ally points in this game we(being people with ocd) will be stuck with another entire month of having no way to clear our ally points. And last month was awful logging in everyday to that. :(
    Thanks. Love the game.
    DrPancakes

Edit: Why isn't the Mk6 Hypo Syringe, which is pure agility, in the agility challenge instead of the crit laptop?
    Post edited by DrPancakes on
    Ally Code: 911-389-156
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1) Can you post actual damage range numbers in stats rather than values that don't seem to provide consistent indication of how a characters attack performs?

2) what is the effect of defense? There appears to be little or no effect. Characters like Chewbacca get wiped out as fast as characters like Geo. expanding on this will you ever provide actual data for all formulas so people understand the actual change when investing in abilities/stars/etc.

3) is Phasma supposed to trigger bonus attacks with his leadership ability on non-attack moves? Aka character heals and that triggers an attack.

4) how many different bugs currently exist with Assaj and FOTP?

5) how does GW matchmaking work?

6) what effect does level difference have between attacking/defending characters? It appears higher level toons resist effects from lower character toons at a better rate than when equal. Attacking toons at a higher level seem to more reliably attach negative effects on lower level toons.
    Post edited by SlyGambit on
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    1) Can you post actual damage range numbers in stats rather than values that don't seem to provide consistent indication of how a characters attack performs?

2) what is the effect of defense? There appears to be little or no effect. Characters like Chewbacca get wiped out as fast as characters like Geo. expanding on this will you ever provide actual data for all formulas so people understand the actual change when investing in abilities/stars/etc.

3) is Phasma supposed to trigger bonus attacks with his leadership ability on non-attack moves? Aka character heals and that triggers an attack.

4) how many different bugs currently exist with Assaj and FOTP?

5) how does GW matchmaking work?

3) is Phasma supposed to trigger bonus attacks with HER leadership ability on non-attack moves? Aka character heals and that triggers an attack.

Lol how do people keep getting this wrong my OCD is driven nuts.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I would suggest that

100% DISagree. Spending time in the spot is dependant on weather others atk you or not, and has nothing to do with what you do or who you atk. Award times based on rank at the cutoff time (payout time) is the rite way
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    I would suggest that

100% DISagree. Spending time in the spot is dependant on weather others atk you or not, and has nothing to do with what you do or who you atk. Award times based on rank at the cutoff time (payout time) is the rite way

The right way would be:

The arena award given each day is based on the highest rank achieved that day.

No more snipers.
    Everyone can go at their own pace

Win Win
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1.)Damage out-put is too high to specific characters that have sufficient survivability to not actually be considered glass-cannons (Geo. Soldier, FOTP -even if the multiple bugs affecting him get fixed-, Qui-Gon Jinn, etc...). Each of these characters are in the upper echelons of speed, and each are capable of taking out some of the tankiest units (Old Ben, Fives, Phasma, Chewie, etc..) at max stats (gear, promotions, level) with a single action on their own. And as aforementioned, at least 2 of the culprits of the insane DPS have very high survivability in the form of HP - which exceeds other "glass-cannon" considered units despite the fact that they also deal significantly more damage. Surely this isn't intended?

2.)Can Phasma's leader buff get toned down a bit by way of a hefty damage reduction penalty? It "procs" far more often than its description, and further compounds the first issue I've mentioned (particularly since they have such high speed values). By having it cause a significant damage reduction, it would make sense to field more basic attack characters that can cause debuffs more often than the pure speed/burst units and open up the game to more strategic compositions.

3.)Potency issues exist. Many characters lack potency values sufficient enough for their special abilities to even have a chance to apply at all, rendering these special abilities practically useless and in many cases, these special abilities happen to be the only reason to bother fielding their respective owners. Can full-geared potency values vs. average full-geared tenacity values be re-evaluated and addressed?

4.)Thermal detonators: I began a post in the bugs & issues section. They have some serious issues and while part of this is related to issue 3.), there are other issues pertaining to them. Can they get an overhaul to their mechanics, or some form of balancing to their heroes to make them actually be viable? Link to the post is: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/62118#Comment_62118
  • Options
    Are you going to be nerfing anyone in the upcoming update in February? If so/not tell us your thoughts on why! Just curious since so many noobs asking to nerf Poe.. Honestly there are so many babies complaining about lots of different people about they are so op.. but they just work well in certain synergies. Personally i hope you don't nerf anyone because as of right now I think you guys have done a really good job on character balances and the different synergies so many different characters have!
  • Options
    A bunch of good questions. I just have one, more of a request really.

Would it be possible to post a detailed 'game instruction manual' that walks through the character and battle mechanics?

It would be a live document that would get updated.

I think it would go a long way in answering questions on characters, builds, etc. and it would make it a lot of fun for non-casual players that want to hypothesize builds and maximize meta.

I don't think it would 'ruin the fun' of the game since (i) very few people will actually go through it and model outputs, (ii) there is still the RNG factor in the game, (iii) the game would be updated periodically.

Thanks a lot!
This discussion has been closed.