Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya Everyone.. I need to ask everyone to just breath for a sec and lets just keep things civil and stuff.. Please? :)

Why you typed that in a different color like you special or somethin?
  • Options
    Prehenat wrote: »
    Hiya Everyone.. I need to ask everyone to just breath for a sec and lets just keep things civil and stuff.. Please? :)

I think everyone is staying on topic pretty well. The 99.5 percent are speaking and the devs are not listening.

Maybe they need to banned players from tournaments for 6 months if they placed in a full toon spot, even if it was a low end. If they got top 5 ban them for a year.

But that would hurt the whales so that won't happen

Its probably like 98% and its that 2% that pays the bonuses while us dolphins pay the bills, and then theres little concern for F2P.
  • Options
    we wil be civil when things change were not special enough to get a conference call with the devs
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

It seems like everyone is on topic and a majority (unfortunately not all) are being civil. The fact is that a majority of players do not enjoy these tournaments. At all.

My guild chat is echoing the sentiments here almost exactly. There were many 4* censored words. This is what the players think. We don't like having to invest insane amount of time to even get a chance at a new character. These tournaments just aren't fun. Sorry but this sentiment seems pretty universal.
  • Options
    Of course best way to get attention on tournaments would be to make anymore a failure, don't participate at all. Maybe that would grab the devs attention that the people don't want them...just an opinion and option
  • Options
    Another bull **** tourny. No one wants.
  • Options
    we wil be civil when things change were not special enough to get a conference call with the devs

True dat
  • Options
    Of course best way to get attention on tournaments would be to make anymore a failure, don't participate at all. Maybe that would grab the devs attention that the people don't want them...just an opinion and option

No, you still have the mega whales that will pay $2K for pixels they dont get to own which accomplishes EA's goals whether the majority of dolphins and F2P are happy or not.
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Data mine shows palp event will return.. sometime this month possibly
  • Options
    Tournament = same exact few people get new toons that previously OP ones that are unavailable to others even after the tourney

How can that be good game design. Each tourney is making a few impossible to beat people in arena even stronger than before.
  • Options
    DaniB32 wrote: »
    Another bull **** tourny. No one wants.

Now the whales want it, those same people that post the you tube videos want it, cause everyone already knows who is gonna get the toons on server. The stable of players.
  • Options
    Just change this game name to Rebels Wars and keep launching rebels, than that will make sense.
  • Options
    The most irritating part of this update is seeing the abilities on K-2SO. He's a droid, but he's got no droid synergies and he's a tank so he's never getting put in a droid team.
  • Options

True dat

i heard in august the tournament unlock will be a death star and only number gets it and it's ability will if you didn't kill your opponents after your 1st atack the death star wipes them out
  • Options
    VERY frequent! And they just about never go back to the toons you got started in a previous tournament, so you're sure to get stuck with half the shards you need to unlock whatever new toon they decided to introduce (most likely Rebel) for months to come! Good luck! Hope the next tournament is "worth it" for you!
  • Options
    Garbage.....your tourneys are garbage time sinks. You fixed it by making them....larger time sinks. You put the most anticipated character as a prize for dedicating our time (on a weekend) to dredge through the disasterous time sink you call a tournament.

Worst news possible, but saves the pain of trying to figure out if the Rogue One rebel characters (that I want to use for FUN, not brokenness as they are lackluster) are going to be possible for me to own.

Just a heads up, if any pack is going to be available containing Jyn and Cassian, and you want some of my money, let me know soon....as in before Dec.17th...

Sorry if this post isn't as constructive as it could be, but this news is AWFUL.
  • Options
    Oh geez
  • Options
    I feel like replacing tournaments with events is a great solution. Just require dif toons or factions for each character unlock
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    I feel like replacing tournaments with events is a great solution. Just require dif toons or factions for each character unlock
    would be nice but they know how much people love the tournaments(sarcassm) and would love(hate) to not unlock a exclusive character
  • Options
    Also, is this why you guys haven't been reworking more old characters that are already in the game? Because you've been too busy crafting op rebels that no one is going to be able to actually use? That's a little disappointing
  • Options
    if they wanna push tournaments then get rid of arena and just do weekly 7 day tournaments each rank earns the arena awards and the shop will stay the same, like dc legends arena leagues
  • Options
    Also, what about Chirrut and Bistan; will they be farmable?

I agree but you can slowly farm Bistan in fleet shipments
  • Options
    the mega (hide) thread is filling up fast
  • Options
    The problem with tournaments is the time required. if they made it one day, balls to the walls, it would be worth it. But a whole weekend, I think not nerds. I moved out of my peanut butter castle.

As for the exclusive toon, that's the world of all gaming anymore. If they would make it possible to switch platforms they might get people to switch over. Which would be a win for both EA and Android.
  • Options
    Yeah kinda funny how this is being hid from player, especially whales. Probably the devs wont even read it nor respoND. To busy with next useless tournament and conference calls with the select whales and belugas. Gotta work on them travel arrangements....lol
  • MaulResurected
    556 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    yxCotIf.jpg
    well they made some decent sales last 2 updates gotta prep for that huge office xmas party the p2p base paid with crystals
  • Options
    I can just feel lucky i didn't spent thousands on farming baze and some pplz even chirrut just to have a new added op rebel toon to the meta... Even whales must be feeling mad about this
  • Options
    baze wasn't cheap from what i heard
  • Options
    I don't like being so negative about the game and stuff lately, but I feel like EA has totally lost touch with the majority of their player-base and is only focused on that 2% that can afford what they're doing. It was pretty obvious after the last tournament that everybody was sick of it and at the very least some kind of battle cap was needed to keep the playing field semi-equal, tournaments needed to be reduced by at least one full day, and the reward structure needed to improve. Has any of that happened? What characters like Chirrut and Bistan? Are they only ways to get them by dropping $1,000+ / each in Chromium packs? Ships are expensive if you're trying to level them at any kind of rate and if you don't, then you're just going to get destroyed in arena by the whales that have multiple toons with Zeta abilities. We went through this period earlier in the year where EA was completely out-of-touch with us, it got really good for a while there, and now it's worse than it was earlier in the year. What happened, the team was doing such a good job. It's so disappointing.

@EA_Jesse

+1 fully agree. Nice way to put it in perspective. It's a shame
    Please address the gear crunch and raid rewards system instead of devoting so much time to events that please 5% of the player base. If you don't do this you're gonna be left with just those 5% playing your game. There are literally 50 or so issues that need to be addressed.

So on point. Gear is such a big problem right now. Just as bad or worse than credits were before. They need to reduce outlandish gear requirements, put blue gear back in top tier challenge rewards, and double gear drops in raid rewards

• Options
    funny how they took halo projectors out of the guild shop once accounts hit lvl 60 but put crap in their that isn't really used and how the fleet shop has everything and the guild shop has ziltch
This discussion has been closed.