Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    If they had said this was going to be an event to unlock Jyn with XYZ faction can you imagine the positive reaction?
  • Options
    So dumb that they have a month (at least) to figure out where to stick these guys after their login month, yet sit with around after for weeks before doing anything. At least it's not as bad as Cad Bane was...2 or 3 months I think it was.
  • Options
    it would been like the palp event reaction was mostly positive
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    If they had said this was going to be an event to unlock Jyn with XYZ faction can you imagine the positive reaction?

That would make everyone happy and excited again. Plus then everyone would have that toon, not only the whales.....

Oh wait that was just a dream star wars galaxy of whales...lol
  • Options
    Prehenat wrote: »

That would make everyone happy and excited again. Plus then everyone would have that toon, not only the whales.....

Oh wait that was just a dream star wars galaxy of whales...lol

where the top 1% rule the galaxy
  • Options

There would be none because it's still a tournament AGAIN. EP event would be their greatest shot but they kickd the ground and fell with their face in the mudd...
  • Options
    These tournaments though interesting bug me for their reward system. To gain this character you will most likely be in the top 25 like it has been. So out of 5000+ people who are in your round and out of the 4000+ that will at least do one round only the top 25 actually get this character. For everyone else you will have to wait another 6 months until we find a good place to stick them in some shipments bundle. Or if you spend $200 you can own her. I am getting tired of this game catering to those who spend a ton of money. A character is not worth that much. Imagine if you reduced your prices dramatically to where 5 dollars will actually get you a good character. More people are willing to spend an occasional $5 then the 50 or more you want. You would receive way more money. Those prices actually tempt F2P players. Anyway. The squad tournaments are good. But the rewards need to benefit more than just the top 25 who spend thousands of dollars or the few F2P who have happened to be lucky. And the few extremely dedicated...but they deserve that reward anyway.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pathfinder was made farmable on cantina after being a daily login + daily event like Bistan was. So one can hope, but as you say, it's anyone's guess. Maybe they're seeing Fleet Shipments as a new place to dump toons...but that would be a hard farm between him and his U-Wing.
  • Options
    Fleet shipments are for pilots. Bistan has a U-Wing, after all.

Greivous is the only one that doesn't fit the theme, which (in my speculative opinion) implies he'll get a ship soon.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    And ppl below level 80 get a much better chance at getting this new character. Love how that works.
  • Options
    Not another rubbish tournament.
  • Satyg
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    The most irritating part of this update is seeing the abilities on K-2SO. He's a droid, but he's got no droid synergies and he's a tank so he's never getting put in a droid team.

His counter will give him tons of turns under an HK lead. Which means he gets to Daze and apply offense down quite a bit. and give those squishy droids some protection. I like him. I don't think he is OP, but hey, that's a good thing, right?
  • Options
    Err, how are we supposed to finish Chirrut? At least with shoretrooper his 2 events were consecutive
  • Options
    Satyg wrote: »

No, theres a bunch of stuff broken for me too.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    Err, how are we supposed to finish Chirrut? At least with shoretrooper his 2 events were consecutive

Im sure he'll be released into Chromium and you can 7 star him for the bargain price of $1500.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    I think pushing the cost of refresh higher is a step in the right direction. However I would have preferred a raise on the minimum refresh cost to effectively cut down the number of battles involved in the tournament.

Minimum cost of refresh should be set at 500 ally points instead of 100. That would address the majority complaints about the time sink that those tournaments are.

The powercreep is awful. Very dangerous to the game healthiness. That's another topic anyway.

The rest to me is normal:
    - whale oriented tournament. It's a competition, whales should have some sort of advantage.
    - the rewards are exclusive. Of course CG is making money out of the game and as much as possible. we live in a capitalist world.
    - I get 25 shards sitting useless. Well, yeah I'm in the same shoes. Those characters will be made available at a later stage to F2P.
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    We are not meant to finish characters as long at the elite 1 percent have them that is all that matters to them. They don't want us competing with them, if we did then the whales might leave. They don't wanna upset the balance between the whales and non-whales.

Think about it this way since we are all star wars fans.

The whales and the stable of select people.....=..the darkside, everything wrong with the game

Everyone else.....=..we be the light side all the good with good intentions. Now we can't give into the darkside.

Stay strong.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JYN IN A TOURNAMENT NOOOOOOO. I was really looking forward to unlock her. She is the only character I care about in Rogue One :'( . Please, at least put her in a cantina node after this!!!
  • Options
    Devs, please be considerate of people who have normal lives that can't spend too much time grinding to get to the top place. Give us old style tournaments like you did Yoda and that's more forgivable.

Thank you..
  • Options
    "This tournament will take place on December 17th."

Does that mean it's a 1 day tournament?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    RAzZin wrote: »

17th is a Saturday so most likely the entire weekend
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    RAzZin wrote: »

17th is a Saturday so most likely the entire weekend

Why doesn't it say "starts on December 17th" or smthng like that then like the tournaments before did?
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Another ridiculous ladder battle, can't wait to get 20 shards I can't use

This. Nuf said.
  • Options
    Bad enough that unlocking a full toon from tourneys is a pain, but you had to go and give android users a new 7* toon for nothing and did nothing for iOS users, right before Christmas, really.....really! Sorry but the hate will flow worse than it ever has before.
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Why should I play these tournaments when the characters can not collect. I'm not interested anymore. Just boring but thanks for the rebel tank. Cassian andor is on the way apple user :D "maybe"
  • Options
    slothe wrote: »
    Bad enough that unlocking a full toon from tourneys is a pain, but you had to go and give android users a new 7* toon for nothing and did nothing for iOS users, right before Christmas, really.....really! Sorry but the hate will flow worse than it ever has before.

Yup not fair at all...but I bet the whales have andriods that is why they did it.
  • Options
    Just think everyone, after the next waste of time (excuse for tournament) you will see Baze Chirrut and Jyn in the arena from the whales and select few. Probably team with shore and han
  • Options
    Jyn Erso is iconic? This sentence is ironic. Iconic is Vader, Luke, Obi-Wan and some other folks, but not little girl from "actually not-Star Wars movie". Please, don't be ridicolous and don't OP these characters.
    Game's logic: It's better to have Baze, Chirrut and Jyn than ... Mace Windu, Luke Skywalker and Leia. Sounds awesome! (joke off).
  • Options
    What is this event for andriod users? Are apple users going to get it also. For the new driod character.

Seems rather dumb to offer a new character and event to peeps but favor only some of the players because of their choice of mobile devices. Its not like this game is exclusive to either system, like if is was a Sony exclusive or a Microsoft one.
This discussion has been closed.