The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Blame Apple. They didn't want this game to be cross platform compatible. Google is just twisting the screws on them for that decision.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just a wild stab in the dark.

Perhaps it has something to do with all of the iTunes card discounts going around since Black Friday. Google Play hasn't done jack diddly squat. That equals to a poopload of iPhone users buy up crystals meanwhile android users feel compelled to spend any money. CG trying to incentivitise android users to spend on this game resulted in a slight twisted method of getting a certain group of players to spend more.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    What difference does a 3* toon make??

Im on IOS and even if I was on android i wouldn't level a 3*

Tanks are perfectly viable at 3*
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Baze wrote: »

Perhaps it has something to do with all of the iTunes card discounts going around since Black Friday. Google Play hasn't done jack diddly squat. That equals to a poopload of iPhone users buy up crystals meanwhile less android users feel compelled to spend any money. CG trying to incentivitise android users to spend on this game resulted in a slight twisted method of getting a certain group of players to spend more.

There were plenty of Google Play card discounts at various retailers (Costco, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc.)
    Google paid for these promotions, this isn't in CG's hands
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    JayNyxx wrote: »
    I know there was a little dispute in forums about iOS getting Wedge while Android got Biggs, with Wedge clearly being the superior toon. My thing is, why was Wedge given away for free AT ALL??

I'm fairly sure this isn't a problem for those who are already established because most people would already have Wedge by now, so its irrelevant in that respect. Where the REAL problem lies is people who are new or people (like myself) who started again after taking a large hiatus.

This presents a problem where newer iOS users have a big advantage over newer Android users simply because they're able to obtain the powerful Wiggs combination within a week or so. Biggs is no issue to farm at all as he is in GW shipments while Wedge is unable to be farmed until node 6-F in the cantina, which won't be available to newer players for a while.

Let me give you an example. I'm in a brand new shard (I debuted at rank 4, its THAT new) but the current rank 1 isn't usually unable to be beaten because he was a Wiggs comp despite only starting last week.The only teams that can compete with him are other Wiggs comps. He has Wiggs, Lando, Akbar, RG (both of whom he got out of the Rancor Raid pack) and Chewie. My Droid comp (I brought the pack) stands ABSOLUTELY no chance at surviving Wiggs and probably won't for a number of months.

Now I have no real issues with Whales and what they do. If you have the money to spend on the game, then naturally you'd have an advantage right? Ethical or not. But when you're given one of the most powerful characters in the game FOR FREE....FREE OF CHARGE.....NO CHARGE..... its bound to cause issues at some level of the game and it has. This guy has spent a mere 50 bucks to now have one of the strongest comps in the game and easily the strongest comp available at the beginning of the game.

I really don't think EA thought this through and I wouldn't be surprised to be newer android players drop out of the game simply because they can't compete with their iOS counterparts.

Now I'll ask. How exactly does one deal with Wiggs in week 1?

TL;DR A powerful character like Wedge should NEVER be given away for free because it cause large inbalances in at least one stage of the game.

Hey man your right it's crazy. My cousin had android and got biggs. He started a month ago
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    420 wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »
    As an Android user, I would gladly trade what I got in exchange for a Wedge. GW farming is easier than Cantina node farming, and I already had everyone I wanted in GW, including a 7* Biggs, a long time ago.

So you really got the better deal on iOS.
    +1 to this
    I agree
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Perhaps it has something to do with all of the iTunes card discounts going around since Black Friday. Google Play hasn't done jack diddly squat. That equals to a poopload of iPhone users buy up crystals meanwhile less android users feel compelled to spend any money. CG trying to incentivitise android users to spend on this game resulted in a slight twisted method of getting a certain group of players to spend more.

There were plenty of Google Play card discounts at various retailers (Costco, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc.)

Please educate me on where to find ANY Google play card discounts anywhere. Because AFAIK they don't exist. I only see (and have only seen) iTunes discounts at all of the locations you mentioned.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Please educate me on where to find ANY Google play card discounts anywhere. Because AFAIK they don't exist. I only see (and have only seen) iTunes discounts at all of the locations you mentioned.

Well Costco's deal ended November 28th, but they had $50 Google Play cards at a discounted price of $41.99
    CVS and Rite-Aid basically gave you store credit that you could use towards a future purchase, just check the retail ads in the upcoming weeks :smile:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tj5270 wrote: »
    +1 to this. Getting free shore and getting the k2SO and apple is left high and dry is hurtful to a large player base, just because of a OS/phone that a player prefers....

At a bare minimum why wasn't Apple players provided an alternative (e.g. The wedge for apple and Biggs for android). At least people both received some type of reward for contributing to this game.

Yeah, give us apples Cassien Andor and make him unattainable for android users for a month or two :-)
  • Options
    Just another example why this game becomes more unattractive to a lot of players.
  • Options
    Where are you getting all this reliable information that it is google vs. apple paying for the packs. Let alone Apple being responsible for the game not being cross-platform compatible?

This is just a lame excuse you keep making on somebody else's behalf. On the other hand, I could live with the unfairness if the devs (or actually the community manager? what is HE doing? ) actually went out and commented on it. It would take 5 minutes... come on.
  • Options
    Players' and VIP pack. My shard mate got these extra 2, what's the rationale? Crystal spending etc?
  • Options
    I have to say. This Droid event makes up for getting screwed with the WEDGE free for apple users.

• Options
    It's one thing giving stuff to users of a certain device if the players are on dedicated servers, however treating users of devices differently on cross platform servers where they'll be competing against each other is a serious game management fail.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    LiliJedi wrote: »
    My guild mate got, the new droid, 1mil credits, 1000 crystals and 3 omega, just because he uses Android. This is a perfect time to say a big thank you to the **** who are responsible for this game!

It's actually closer to 2m credits if you factor in the event rewards
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I love it! Here you go android users -another free character and a pile of other free stuff. And for you IOS users. Please spread your legs so we can aim another kick where it hurts! Thanks
  • Options
    Android got 3 freaking packs free again? After getting a free shore pack? Must be at least 6000 worth of crystals free stuff they got this month. Really makes me mad... I can understand why google does it. But why does a game allow this? Ye money, but that can't be worth **** so many people off...
  • Options
    I'm using android, only got one pack.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    if you do each day of the event for 10 days then it will be a free 7* toon. Plus the other goodies. Maybe iOS will get a toon too. Or maybe I really did get the wrong phone.
  • Options
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    I'm using android, only got one pack.

Same here
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Getting pretty fedup with being treated like a second rate citizen just for choosing a different brand of phone!
    Thank you so much to whom ever comes up with these ideas. Wonderful way to create division within a community and even within Guilds.

Please make content the same for all players accross all devices (Android, iOS, whatever), or remove this game from operating systems you don't like.
  • Options
    This is totally unfair. If Android players are going to be treated differently, then put them on separate servers. Players have been BANNED for less advantage than Android players have just been given!
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    What difference does a 3* toon make??

Im on IOS and even if I was on android i wouldn't level a 3*

Since the event is android only, android users get a 7* for free actually!!

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Don't you understand something? Blame iOS and not Google, Android, EA, CG, Trump, God or whoever
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This is completely preposterous. Not getting a free pack was one thing, but missing on a whole freaking event ? What the hell is going on here ?
  • Jammyd22
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yet another android free pack and now they have an exclusive event which provides enough shards to 7*the toon over the course of the event. What have we iOS users done to deserve this? We have put money in The game too!
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Options
    Where did you get this?
  • Options
    Tell apple to pay for the exclusives as Google did for theirs. Dont blame the company for taking money for exclusives since it helps keep the game going.
  • Options
    Radonis wrote: »
    Tell apple to pay for the exclusives as Google did for theirs. Dont blame the company for taking money for exclusives since it helps keep the game going.

No, we help keep the game going and they just lost a whale. Wallet is closed!
  • Lionofjudah
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Now you have pitch forks and torches assembling from the apple crowd why not just realease every thing at the same time for every one? ( kinda shot your selves in the foot too EA with every one being able to see those K-2SO's being activated in guild chat too lol) . For once why not think things through before having to face a tough crowd
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
This discussion has been closed.