The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    3m1O7by.gif

Hahahaha.....android all day
  • Options
    Im an android user and it does seem a bit odd. Considering the cost of apple phones you think they would have enough cash to sort out some exclusives.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    What difference does a 3* toon make??

Im on IOS and even if I was on android i wouldn't level a 3*

Tanks are perfectly viable at 3*

Android will get him to 7* for free (+10 extra shards), not just 3*.
  • Options
    So that is $200 / € 170 free for that toon only that android is getting. And people who saying blame IOS are dumb as ****. IT the game that it's allowing it!
  • Options
    This is the devs fault, pure and simple. I run a charity and we often get asked by funders to do certain things that we don't think would be right for our beneficiaries - guess what, we turn them down. Have some backbone and stick up for your players! Short term bucks are never worth the long term goal of keeping a happy player base
  • SiemensOFF
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In addition to being more expensive crystals packages even Droid+1000 crystals irregular. Unfortunately, EA, you are not conducive to Android, and harm your reputation.
    oppression of people use IOS +1
  • Options
    1k crystals, 1 million credits, 3 omegas, 3* K-S20, plus a 10 day event that gives credits, ability mats and 29 K-S20 shards a day. ****, IOS is getting screwed
  • Options
    Glad I never got on that hipster iPhone train.
  • Options
    I got all 3 packs and to be honest it felt really good and the event was really nice. I could imagine that ios users get an event with Cassian Andor, so that everyone has one of this combo for free and the other one will sit behind the pay wall. I really hope ios users get a 7* for free otherwise it wouldn't feel right to me
  • Options
    why is the Event Android only? Are iPone Users Not wellcome as costumers?
  • Options
    slothe wrote: »
    They honestly just pulled one over on half the player base, this is worse than mods ever were. Right before Christmas, worst game Devs ever.

[quote="
    Who ever thought of this at EA corporate needs to get a lump of coal in there stocking for sure ;)
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dodger wrote: »
    why is the Event Android only? Are iPone Users Not wellcome as costumers?

I have a feeling android is just trying to get a larger market share by paying mobile game companies to give out freebies. It's just smart marketing. Apple has never felt that they needed to do such things, cuz they are 'exclusive'
  • Options
    As far as I'm aware this isn't down to CG/EA. Google often request Android exclusives in apps and games either contractually or by offering good old financial incentives. You should really be lobbying Apple, not asking CG to do so on your behalf.
  • Options
    It's just not fair... but what can we do. World is unfair and it will always be like that.

Sad to say but it's truth
  • Options
    All I can say is that they better make amends for the disadvantage or they are gonna lose a LOT of players and a shedload of real life money.
  • Options
    Artas wrote: »
    Don't you understand something? Blame iOS and not Google, Android, EA, CG, Trump, God or whoever
    No, just the EA developers
  • Options
    Purus wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware this isn't down to CG/EA. Google often request Android exclusives in apps and games either contractually or by offering good old financial incentives. You should really be lobbying Apple, not asking CG to do so on your behalf.

That is such a lame excuse when the company places players from both platforms on the same servers.

This isn't parliament and I'm not a lobbyist FFS. Individual games are not even on Apple's/ Google's radar, i can only imagine how you'd expect this to go. Also, are people now expected to pick their several hudnred dollar devices based on in-game exclusives??? Come on...

Also, I think people are more angy that nobody actually comes out and comments on it. "sorry, Android only guys... nothing we could have done..."would do it.
  • Options
    It's called Google paid for a promotion and Apple didn't. You do realize that for the history of Apple they have always displayed a lack of interest in gaming as a whole? Go read some history about all the false starts with gaming and Apple.

I'm sure that a event for IOS will happen, but if it does not then blame Apple for not paying cash to EA for a promotion.

No one is going to provide you with perks that promote your OS/Phone for free. I'm no fan of EA but the idea that they can't take money for promotions is naive.
  • Options
    Apple will probably get the guy that assists the droid on his special. Just like you guys got wedge when we got Biggs.
    They're both good, just not as good without the other. Which you have to farm/pay for.
    Relax Apple users.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Cyspeth wrote: »
    It's called Google paid for a promotion and Apple didn't. You do realize that for the history of Apple they have always displayed a lack of interest in gaming as a whole? Go read some history about all the false starts with gaming and Apple.

I'm sure that a event for IOS will happen, but if it does not then blame Apple for not paying cash to EA for a promotion.

No one is going to provide you with perks that promote your OS/Phone for free. I'm no fan of EA but the idea that they can't take money for promotions is naive.

That's for their computers
    iOS devices they actually getting game development companies to present their games at their iOS events.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Just to clarify they made decisions on who to give what based on "____" (fill in the blank).. some android users got 1 card. I got 2. Others got 3. No clarification on why 1vs2 or vs 3.
  • Options
    I think I'm done after the palp event on the 23rd. The game's just not targeted for a f2p player who started in July. Tourneys, aat raid, ships, the constant stream of more op characters that feed the whales, etc. And now I have to buy shore trooper shards others get for free and farm characters/crystals/etc others get for free due to my os?

It was fun while it lasted though, 6 months for a mobile game is pretty good. Thanks EA/CG, in all seriousness.
  • Options
    Then why not release them at the same time? we aint getting anything! Its ea logic
  • Options
    Us ios users will take Baze Malbus, with an event to 7* him as our exclusive, thanks devs !
  • Options
    pls give the other 2 free packs to me EA
  • Options
    Well done EA, those holiday iTunes cards will now NOT be spent. :+1::+1::+1:

And how everyone fails to mention that Biggs' ship is by far the better of the two is beyond me. 90% of the player base got the better deal on Android!
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's based on how much money you've spent
  • Options
    I got. no pack, so be happy you get one!
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ded10xx wrote: »
    I think I'm done after the palp event on the 23rd. The game's just not targeted for a f2p player who started in July. Tourneys, aat raid, ships, the constant stream of more op characters that feed the whales, etc. And now I have to buy shore trooper shards others get for free and farm characters/crystals/etc others get for free due to my os?

It was fun while it lasted though, 6 months for a mobile game is pretty good. Thanks EA/CG, in all seriousness.
    When an app has in app purchases... it will never ever be f2p friendly. Gotta spend that money yo.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
This discussion has been closed.