The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Aus_Newbie wrote: »
    Cyspeth wrote: »
    It's called Google paid for a promotion and Apple didn't. You do realize that for the history of Apple they have always displayed a lack of interest in gaming as a whole? Go read some history about all the false starts with gaming and Apple.

I'm sure that a event for IOS will happen, but if it does not then blame Apple for not paying cash to EA for a promotion.

No one is going to provide you with perks that promote your OS/Phone for free. I'm no fan of EA but the idea that they can't take money for promotions is naive.

Of course they can take money, but when that money discriminates against a massive chunk of its player base and creates an unlevel playing field for players EA should say no or it should have better conditions - it didn't have to be exclusive it could have just been sponsored. That would have created a lot more goodwill than this ****. If Google insisted on making this promotion exclusive to Android users only then it says something uncharitable about Google too.

Ok why would Google ever pay for iOS users to get free stuff? I'm sorry but that last part of your statement just made me lol
  • Options
    To me it's Very simple, Apple users make more money than android in their daily jobs and the devices sell themselves.

Android users in generally are poorer and need to get free stuff and gimmicks to stay committed.

I have a second (android) account (lvl 46) and am not impressed with the toon.

Stop paying EA, even a few days and EA will feel the pinch.

And will stick with my lvl 84 iOS and be happy.

• Options
    +1 haha, but don't be so salty, ios didn't even get nth
  • Options
    slothe wrote: »
    No, we aren't getting anything. Why I'm contemplating leaving all together over this, mods didn't upset me, but this does. I've spent over $600 in the past month on bunk chromes for Baze and ships. Now this. Them not saying anything is worse, don't they realize people in guilds talks and it would be known almost instantly. Only ones that will be doing anything tomorrow is all the mods that will be removing our posts and sweeping this under the rug, which has happened too many times imo.

yup already happen to me.. Its so annoying seeing all those K2SO unlocks..
  • Options
    sucks for apple but at least u look cool with your fancy iphone right? right?

in all seriousness i assume they will get the partner unit to this guy (who in all honestly isnt spectacular not game changing like the phasma poe giveaways were at the time)

who is a buffing support units from the sounds
  • Options
    Lavigkaye wrote: »
    IOS Players

No Countdown to Rogue One Pack.
    (10 Scarif Rebel Pathfinder shards, 10 Shoretrooper shards, 560K-1.68M, Credits, 45 Tier 5 Training Droids)

No K-2S0 Pack.
    (3 Star K-2S0, 250-1000 Crystals, 100K Credits, Training Droids and Ability Materials)

No K-2S0 Event
    (10 Days to 7 Star)

why don't just remove this **** game from app store and cut the connect of ios players?
    i agree with you
    stupid developer
    It's called Google paid for a promotion and Apple didn't. You do realize that for the history of Apple they have always displayed a lack of interest in gaming as a whole? Go read some history about all the false starts with gaming and Apple.

I'm sure that a event for IOS will happen, but if it does not then blame Apple for not paying cash to EA for a promotion.

No one is going to provide you with perks that promote your OS/Phone for free. I'm no fan of EA but the idea that they can't take money for promotions is naive.

What are you trying to explain?
    IOS is for apple only but for Android there are many phone using this platform so who paid to ea for this case?
    Google ?
    Samsung?
    HTC?
    Huawei?
    Bla bla bla?
    Can you answer me?
    very nonreasonable
  • Options
    i do spend on those gems !just feelcrazy .. i am a small paying guy... lots my guild mate didnt pay at all got 3 as well.
  • Options
    They honestly just pulled one over on half the player base, this is worse than mods ever were. Right before Christmas, worst game Devs ever.
    No, we aren't getting anything. Why I'm contemplating leaving all together over this, mods didn't upset me, but this does. I've spent over $600 in the past month on bunk chromes for Baze and ships. Now this. Them not saying anything is worse, don't they realize people in guilds talks and it would be known almost instantly. Only ones that will be doing anything tomorrow is all the mods that will be removing our posts and sweeping this under the rug, which has happened too many times imo.

<3
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    As i said don't worry, just wait ! Maybe not all is available for everyone !
    107 posts Member
    Options
    To me it's Very simple, Apple users make more money than android in their daily jobs and the devices sell themselves.

Android users in generally are poorer and need to get free stuff and gimmicks to stay committed.

Wow if this is the biggest load of discrimination ive ever read. Well heres one for you. Only reason crapple users flock over any cryphone is because they are too dumb to realize they are part of the **** and you deserve to have a phone that you can customize. Not have some rich a$$ dude and wack company tell you how to run your phones life. You might as well go back to using aol and keep using aol keywords to search for things. I mean you dont even have widgets. You have a permanent open app drawer.. dumb. .the idea of crapple users making more money is just dumb. And you shouldn't be typing your thoughts when you know not what you speak of. Im done thats just **** and those are some jaded words.
  • Options
    420 wrote: »

Wow if this is the biggest load of discrimination ive ever read. Well heres one for you. Only reason crapple users flock over any cryphone is because they are too dumb to realize they are part of the **** and you deserve to have a phone that you can customize. Not have some rich a$$ dude and wack company tell you how to run your phones life. You might as well go back to using aol and keep using aol keywords to search for things. I mean you dont even have widgets. You have a permanent open app drawer.. dumb. .the idea of crapple users making more money is just dumb. And you shouldn't be typing your thoughts when you know not what you speak of. Im done thats just **** and those are some jaded words.

That chip on your shoulder must really weigh a tonne....

• Options
    Was it worth it to annoy your player base, when every single guild can see when their guild mates unlock free characters? Was it worth it to make IOS players feel like they're not welcome as customers?

How much cash did the promotion bring in? How much will you lose by hastening the decline of the game?
  • Options
    Let's try and raise the money back from what will now not be spent by iOS customers!
    Here, let me start small:

€50
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jevon wrote: »

I was cool until I read this.. that part **** me off. But in all seriousness apple users get treated like crap. Why have such a simple phone? Im all about customization and with crapple you can't even spell customization. They tell you how they want you to use your phone. Nobody should have that power over you and what you spend your hard earned money on. I mean if you buy a phone you should be able to remove any app you want. Or have a widget.
  • Options
    Oh, this decision is going to prove expensive!
  • Options
    ElMariashi wrote: »
    Lavigkaye wrote: »
    IOS Players

No Countdown to Rogue One Pack.
    (10 Scarif Rebel Pathfinder shards, 10 Shoretrooper shards, 560K-1.68M, Credits, 45 Tier 5 Training Droids)

No K-2S0 Pack.
    (3 Star K-2S0, 250-1000 Crystals, 100K Credits, Training Droids and Ability Materials)

No K-2S0 Event
    (10 Days to 7 Star)

why don't just remove this **** game from app store and cut the connect of ios players?
    i agree with you
    **** developer

What are you trying to explain?
    IOS is for apple only but for Android there are many phone using this platform so who paid to ea for this case?
    Google ?
    Samsung?
    HTC?
    Huawei?
    Bla bla bla?
    Can you answer me?
    very nonreasonable

@ElMariashi
    This isn't an Android event, it's a Google Play event. And that's who paid for it.
  • Options
    Jevon wrote: »

I was cool until I read this.. that part **** me off. But in all seriousness apple users get treated like ****. Why have such a simple phone? Im all about customization and with crapple you can't even spell customization. They tell you how they want you to use your phone. Nobody should have that power over you and what you spend your hard earned money on. I mean if you buy a phone you should be able to remove any app you want. Or have a widget.

@420 alright, disregard my question in that other thread. :) But are iPhones that different, because I sure can get a lot of widgets on my iPad.
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure this out guys? I'm not even upset about a toon neing free for android. But it looks like you gave them a free 1000 crystals as well??? Is iOS getting the same offer just later on?
  • Options
    Ded10xx wrote: »
    I think I'm done after the palp event on the 23rd. The game's just not targeted for a f2p player who started in July. Tourneys, aat raid, ships, the constant stream of more op characters that feed the whales, etc. And now I have to buy shore trooper shards others get for free and farm characters/crystals/etc others get for free due to my os?

It was fun while it lasted though, 6 months for a mobile game is pretty good. Thanks EA/CG, in all seriousness.
    When an app has in app purchases... it will never ever be f2p friendly. Gotta spend that money yo. Extra **** imo

I completely agree I should be playing catch up to p2p players. But should I have to play catch up because of my os too?

• Options

But what i think is so lol about this is that you can't transfer your account or something, you just need to be lucky you are a android user
  • Options
    Vallik wrote: »
    sucks for apple but at least u look cool with your fancy iphone right? right?

in all seriousness i assume they will get the partner unit to this guy (who in all honestly isnt spectacular not game changing like the phasma poe giveaways were at the time)

who is a buffing support units from the sounds

the fact that he is a droid actually means alot

• Options
    I'm amazed how bad the community support is to be honest, stuff like this at least deserves some dialogue. Highlights the obvious contempt they have for their customers.
  • Options
    Oh calm down. I'm sure you're getting the partner character a little later.
  • Options
    Panimu wrote: »

Even if we do(but thats not gonna happen) it still sucks that he will only be a rebel and they got a rebel+ droid...
  • Angry
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wow, marvellous way to isolate half your user base. Here EA, have another bullet to shoot yourself in your other foot.
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I think I'm done after the palp event on the 23rd. The game's just not targeted for a f2p player who started in July. Tourneys, aat raid, ships, the constant stream of more op characters that feed the whales, etc. And now I have to buy shore trooper shards others get for free and farm characters/crystals/etc others get for free due to my os?

It was fun while it lasted though, 6 months for a mobile game is pretty good. Thanks EA/CG, in all seriousness.
    When an app has in app purchases... it will never ever be f2p friendly. Gotta spend that money yo. Extra **** imo

I completely agree I should be playing catch up to p2p players. But should I have to play catch up because of my os too?
    No you should have os maker that cares about generalization and customer base. Not make everything crapple specific and not sponsor anything but themselves. Nor give users the free will ability. I mean really the first cryphone is the same as the one that just came out.. only major difference is hw specs. Sw still locked down more then sony
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Panimu wrote: »

Even if we do(but thats not gonna happen) it still sucks that he will only be a rebel and they got a rebel+ droid...

+1
  • Options
    AND JUSTICE WAS SERVED! LOL no in all seriousness though, I did made a post yesterday talking about how giving away Wedge for free (just so happened that it was iOS who got him) was a huge mistake as it unbalances newer teams who have no counter to Wiggs on week 1. A day later, we get free stuff and I will say it does mitigate the blow. And while I could gloat and boast like many android users, I'm actually here in favor the argument put forward by iOS users.

While I personally didn't care about the Shoretrooper (and that other guys) shards, there ARE many people who did and its whatever now. Android got some free shards and crystals not a huge deal but THIS? Free char, free crystals, free credits AND AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT?

I'd be freakin' upset as well! What I care about more than the stupid iOS vs android fight is the SWGOH community and I can see a lot of iOS users just up and leaving because this is the second time they've been burnt unfairly by EA.

I'm actually hoping they get something exclusive too HOWEVER I am privy to the fact that it was GOOGLE who PAID for this event for Android users. While I want iOS users to get something, Apple will HAVE TO pony up some cash because EA isn't just going to give iOS users free stuff like that. That's not how they operate.
  • Options
    Schwin wrote: »
    I'm amazed how bad the community support is to be honest, stuff like this at least deserves some dialogue. Highlights the obvious contempt they have for their customers.

Exactly. Surely they knew this was going to make a large amount of their player base unhappy, and yet nothing.

And if they think giving iOS users some character later is going to make things better - it isn't. This is about treating players fairly and equally.

It certainly isn't about iOS v Android, and EA/CGs behaviour would be equally contemptible if it were the other way around.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    getting a character earlier is a big advance, i just open my wallet now its closed!
    This is the only answer for ios user.
This discussion has been closed.