The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    What a garbage way to say sorry for the horrible release of the first Rebel Droid

Bistan is way better than K2, so why are you still complaining?

Are you kidding me? Bistan is garbage and K2 taunts on basic. How are you assuming Bistan is better?
  • Options
    Bistan is garbage? Lol okay
  • Surefire10
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just treat the game like the free to play game it is I guess. No point in actively playing anymore since we all know how biased the devs are to Androids like our (iOS) money isn't green enough. Pretty racist there guys.
    Post edited by Surefire10 on
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    What a garbage way to say sorry for the horrible release of the first Rebel Droid

Are you kidding me? Bistan is garbage and K2 taunts on basic. How are you assuming Bistan is better?

I'm not assuming anything, I know for a fact that Bistan is better than K2 and will have a place on top tier rebel squads. K2 has no place on a rebel or droid squad atm
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Qoppest wrote: »
    Bistan is garbage? Lol okay

Why isn't he? What does he bring to the table that could shift the meta at all?
  • Options

I'm not assuming anything, I know for a fact that Bistan is better than K2 and will have a place on top tier rebel squads. K2 has no place on a rebel or droid squad atm

That's your assumption. K2 is everything that Droid squads need and is yet another taunt for Rebel squads. Bistan had Frenzy which would only be a threat if that effect couldn't be stripped by B2, QGJ, or any of the multiple buff removers.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    <COMMENTS REMOVED>
    Heads up! Hate speech Racism, Sexism, WHATEVER are not allowed.

:/
  • Options

That's your assumption. K2 is everything that Droid squads need and is yet another taunt for Rebel squads. Bistan had Frenzy which would only be a threat if that effect couldn't be stripped by B2, QGJ, or any of the multiple buff removers.

So Frenzy can be dispelled but a taunt can't? Also did you forget that B2's buff immunity will prevent K2 from ever auto-taunting? I don't see how K2 would take priority over any other top tier rebel, especially those that were recently released (Chaze, Jyn, etc.) Maybe if he was paired with Cassian, but that's a BIG maybe as no one when or how Cassian will be released and all signs point to yet another tourney..

And Bistan would take that priority. Bistan's damage is terrible (15k on a special attack). K2 counters and hits harder than IG88 on his basic and regains taunt. Buff immunity is the only way to counter K2's usefulness in the arena. Bistan is countered by basically everything.
  • Dynamite
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Don't come with this free game stuff everybody know if no one pays for the game it wouldn't exist. I am one of the player that pays for this game and that's one big reason why I feel treated unfair. If I didn't pay a cent for this I probably wouldn't care so much.... yes I know...my own fault.
  • Options
    JilIP
    you people need to blame apple and quit with the whole cg did something wrong here. I realize some of you dont have a clue about how business works, but apple chose not to participate and most likely because of all the refunds they gave after people quit during the modpocalypse. Also, google and apple are at war in business currently, and this rebel event was a reward for those who chose google over apple. This literally happens everyday with tons of companies. Direct your anger at the right company if you want anything to change.

You are incorrect saying EA/CG did not do anything wrong. Obviously, Google paid for an exclusive event. This must have happened sometime ago. So between the time of agreeing to event and actual implementation, EA/CG failed to include this information in an update. Had they done so, it would not have created the huge blowup that was caused by half the user base being blindsided by it. They could have addressed it before hand and given us the heads up, which would have answered a lot of questions. They chose not to act in responsible manner in terms of proper communication. They also failed to come on here, when everything blew up, and address it in a timely manner. I've said this before, when things blow up, they hide from the forums. When things go well (rarely), they are all over the forums. That's why many are directing anger at EA/CG. All we ask for is communication about what's going on. They continue to fail in this manner and still have not learned their lesson.

@EA_Jesse

• Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    There isn't an Apple exclusive coming. And even if there was, there's no use bickering with "you got this", "we got that" - we can all agree that platform exclusive giveaways are a bad move when everyone is playing on the same servers. EA / CG are the ones who should be realising this; and frankly it's disappointing to see continued silence on this issue.

Android players, instead of trying to shush IPS players who didn't get your freebies - stick up for us in saying this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

+1
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    There isn't an Apple exclusive coming. And even if there was, there's no use bickering with "you got this", "we got that" - we can all agree that platform exclusive giveaways are a bad move when everyone is playing on the same servers. EA / CG are the ones who should be realising this; and frankly it's disappointing to see continued silence on this issue.

Android players, instead of trying to shush IPS players who didn't get your freebies - stick up for us in saying this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

Pretty much sum it up
  • Options
    What's with people's dp showing up behind bars?! Is it some sort of penalisation?
  • Options
    Or is the intent to persuade current IOS users to convert to Android devices?

No because you cannot carry your game over. You have to start all over if you switch.

Also it is EA going this not Google.
  • Options
    Did any devs comment here on this. Or is it stickied only to bri g more attention to google play.

I aint gonna lie i am jelly lol.

I do think it is bad policy to let a platform influence ur game this much regardless of whether or not he is a gamechanging toon
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Options

Well he has a K2 so he would know.
  • Options
    To those that haven't seen the "dev" answer, this was posted a few days ago and seems pretty straightforward?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80688/rogue-one-heroes-emperors-demise#latest

For those that don't want to click, in short,

"In partnership with Google, Android users have been receiving a free three star Character - K-2SO - in celebration of ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story! This is a limited time, Google promotion, so it only applies to Android players."
  • Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    To those that haven't seen the "dev" answer, this was posted a few days ago and seems pretty straightforward?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80688/rogue-one-heroes-emperors-demise#latest

"In partnership with Google, Android users have been receiving a free three star Character - K-2SO - in celebration of ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story! This is a limited time, Google promotion, so it only applies to Android players."

Even this post is a lie. It's a free 7 star toon.

Not every Android users can get all the shards to 7 star K2. The event requires certain levels to play.
  • Options
    I approached apple with this and they Know NOTHING
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Laviscious wrote: »

Seeing how its a google event, i am somehow not surprised
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Laviscious wrote: »
    Their "report a problem" team do know about it.
  • Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »

Again, that was released towards the end of the day on 12/7, which was many hours after this event went live and the forum blew up with negative feedback. There was no "buzz," a word generally associated with excitement. The devs never put this info out beforehand, which they failed to proactively communicate with everyone. They also did this quick update and failed to address any other questions. Their failure to communicate has been done numerous times since the launch of the game.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    <COMMENTS REMOVED>
    Heads up! Hate speech Racism, Sexism, WHATEVER are not allowed.

:/

Whatever? Like prejudice against certain phone users?
  • Options
    A) EA / CG does not allow you to switch between iOS and Android, you cannot do it;

B) We play on the same shards as everyone else

C) They released a toon for Android and not iOS, any "oh you guys got shards for this before" is COMPLETELY irrelevant...this is now, and this is a full toon to 7* for one platform. That didn't happen before

D) Guess what, a lot of people use iOS. If you start shunning those players (I am one of them and have spent a LOT of $$ on this game) we are going to be pretty upset about it

I stopped spending when they released the toon to Android. At first, it didn't bother me much. However, now, after thinking about it and just how lopsided it is (regardless if I want the toon or not, and regardless if he is actually any good or not), this is VERY unfair. I am going to continue my non-spending for a while, until I see what they plan to do. I am not a f2p, I am a decent sized whale who has spent a lot. Just so strange to see this. This is my squad...

https://swgoh.gg/u/capnsteve2/
  • Options
    A) EA / CG does not allow you to switch between iOS and Android, you cannot do it;

C) They released a toon for Android and not iOS, any "oh you guys got shards for this before" is COMPLETELY irrelevant...this is now, and this is a full toon to 7* for one platform. That didn't happen before

D) Guess what, a lot of people use iOS. If you start shunning those players (I am one of them and have spent a LOT of $$ on this game) we are going to be pretty upset about it

I stopped spending when they released the toon to Android. At first, it didn't bother me much. However, now, after thinking about it and just how lopsided it is (regardless if I want the toon or not, and regardless if he is actually any good or not), this is VERY unfair. I am going to continue my non-spending for a while, until I see what they plan to do. I am not a f2p, I am a decent sized whale who has spent a lot. Just so strange to see this. This is my squad...

Well said,+1
  • HG_Corvin
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Surefire10 wrote: »

Well said,+1

+1

They're not getting another red cent from me. They wont make it so i can change platforms (should have been available from day 1) and now there are platform specific items being given out.
  • Options
    No comment from Team Instinct?
    Are they all Android?
  • Options
    Android gets "droids", and Apple gets slices, or should I say "Wedges".
  • Kagehonoo
    135 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Watch this guys

@five2zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53R_Uo07fRI

First 2 minutes explains pretty simple what why when how
    then the rest is just gameplay video to see if you think he is worth it

Go Team Instinct!
  • Options
    @Kagehonoo He is worth it! He will fit in most teams in arena and he would be a tremendous help in raids. Good job giving it just to Android and good job to those that are still vehemently defend CG and state that this toon is bad! Keep at it guys! You certainly aren't making fools of yourselfs!
This discussion has been closed.