The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    And twitter and Facebook. It's good to give feedback other place then just this forum.
  • Nev
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Still no official response. And no replies to my message to customer 'support'.

Poor.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Message received loud and clear: Apple users, no matter how much they spend, are not and cannot be VIPs ... not unless you're part of the Old Boys club of Android.

Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • ogre2005
    83 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nev wrote: »

Poor.

I can't even FIND any customer support contact information. No contact info on their website. If I had a way to send them an email or contact customer support directly, I would have.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ogre2005 wrote: »
    Nev wrote: »

Poor.

I can't even FIND any customer support contact information. No contact info on their website. If I had a way to send them an email or contact customer support directly, I would have.

In-game: Click settings (cog, upper left) then Help. Brings you to the EA help area for this game.
  • Options
    The biggest problem with this debacle is the precedent it created. Now the game is open to giveaways to largest bidders and EA/CG will take it regardless of game balance. This is especially concerning to whales who spend money on the game and at any moment can get knock down a notch based on OS or any other arbitrary reason.

Things could easily flip around and Apple users could get an exclusive thats even more unfair than this event. And after that Android could get an exclusive even more ridiculous than that. K2 is yet to be seen as a 'game changer' but the next exclusive could be. And the one after that could be even worse. Is this the path we really want EA/CG to take us down? Platform based exclusives and rewards just need to end.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    @Snork_Solo K2 isn't getting a ship, that image was from a developer's account which has everything available
    Also those that are still working on their rebels probably don't have a squad that's strong enough to beat the bonus tier for K2, so they'll have to refresh with crystals if they want that last star
    It also remains to be seen whether K2 will even make it onto top rebel and droid squads without sacrificing some other essential character
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Snork_Solo
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    [Comment deleted because I don't want to argue and risk a ban.]
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    @Snork_Solo K2 isn't getting a ship, that image was from a developer's account which has everything available
    Also those that are still working on their rebels probably don't have a squad that's strong enough to beat the bonus tier for K2, so they'll have to refresh with crystals if they want that last star
    It also remains to be seen whether K2 will even make it onto top rebel and droid squads without sacrificing some other essential character

if someone has been focusing on others than rebels dosen't mean they can't beat a tier.....
  • Options
    Regardless of how meta the new toon is, it does give an advantage that some don't have because of a phone. You can choose to spend money, you can choose to be in certain guilds and earn Han from Pit raids and GK from Tank raids. Those are advantages you can choose.

I doubt there would be 51 pages of people complaining about it if it was a 30 day early release, like most games and DLC content, or here is the exclusive for iOS users. But the lack of communication on it only increases people's frustration.

Plus, if there are more android only toons coming I'm sure it will run more people off. It isn't like 1 game would make iPhone users switch to an android. Especially without the ability of carrying your profile. I would think it would do tha opposite and more people would go the hacking route. Which would cause even more negative impact.

• Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »
    Regardless of how meta the new toon is, it does give an advantage that some don't have because of a phone. You can choose to spend money, you can choose to be in certain guilds and earn Han from Pit raids and GK from Tank raids. Those are advantages you can choose.

I doubt there would be 51 pages of people complaining about it if it was a 30 day early release, like most games and DLC content, or here is the exclusive for iOS users. But the lack of communication on it only increases people's frustration.

Plus, if there are more android only toons coming I'm sure it will run more people off. It isn't like 1 game would make iPhone users switch to an android. Especially without the ability of carrying your profile. I would think it would do tha opposite and more people would go the hacking route. Which would cause even more negative impact.

Also the fact that they don't mention anything about the event at all in the last update notes.
    I think a lot IOS users who don't use the forums dosen't know how they are treated
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I think a lot IOS users who don't use the forums dosen't know how they are treated

If you are in a Guild, you know how you are being treated as you watch teammate after teammate unlock and level up a character you have no access to. It leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth—almost like someone chewed up an orange peel and spit it directly into your mouth.
  • Options
    Snork_Solo wrote: »

If you are in a Guild, you know how you are being treated as you watch teammate after teammate unlock and level up a character you have no access to. It leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth—almost like someone chewed up an orange peel and spit it directly into your mouth.
    Forgot about that yea... I know the feels.. -_-

But i still think a lot don't know about it

• Options
    Rofl all those crying apple boys, it's so sad. It's Android exclusive and Apple will get something later. I'm curious to see Android users will post 51 pages of text crying like it's the end of the world. There is nothing unfair and a fair playing field is something between your ears.

The time people spend in this topic is cringeworthy..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Rofl all those crying apple boys, it's so sad. It's Android exclusive and Apple will get something later. I'm curious to see Android users will post 51 pages of text crying like it's the end of the world. There is nothing unfair and a fair playing field is something between your ears.

@CronozNL What's really cringeworthy is the amazing empathy people like you are showing to those who are really feeling left out and hurt after investing substantial amounts of time and energy (and in many cases $$) ... it just warms the cockles of heart to see how empathetic and sportsmanlike you are. If Apple (which I use) got an exclusive like this it would be just as wrong. (And since you've also taken the time to contribute your own rosy feelings to this megathread, it's rather hypocritical of you to smugly criticize others for sharing theirs).
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

LOL
    You are making it even more cringeworthy then when you are repeating all what the android EA fan boys are saing in half of this entire thread... :D
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

if someone has been focusing on others than rebels dosen't mean they can't beat a tier.....

Just saying most people with 7* rebels have a solid roster, and those that don't are probably lacking in strong characters overall
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Too much over reacting on the subject. There will be exclusive events for both sides Android and iOS. This time it's Andriod, next time is iOS, then the Andriod people will be on the fourms. It is what it is.
  • Options
    "Spoiler alert". iOS owners will only get to see 4/5th of the new movie. But don't blame Disney blame Apple. That's capitalism!!
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JVU420 wrote: »
    Too much over reacting on the subject. There will be exclusive events for both sides Android and iOS. This time it's Andriod, next time is iOS, then the Andriod people will be on the fourms. It is what it is.
    As an IOS player I guarantee you I will react the same if I'm ever the beneficiary of an exclusive offer. Because it's bad for the game and I have a shred of empathy. It's unbelievable how Android players are reacting now that they have their toys.
  • Options
    "Spoiler alert". iOS owners will only get to see 4/5th of the new movie. But don't blame Disney blame Apple. That's capitalism!!

ROTFLOL
  • Options
    JVU420 wrote: »

Really? I've been playing this game for over 6 months and I've never seen an iOS-only event. I believe there were some in the dark ages...
  • Options
    The biggest problem with this debacle is the precedent it created. Now the game is open to giveaways to largest bidders and EA/CG will take it regardless of game balance. This is especially concerning to whales who spend money on the game and at any moment can get knock down a notch based on OS or any other arbitrary reason.

Things could easily flip around and Apple users could get an exclusive thats even more unfair than this event. And after that Android could get an exclusive even more ridiculous than that. K2 is yet to be seen as a 'game changer' but the next exclusive could be. And the one after that could be even worse. Is this the path we really want EA/CG to take us down? Platform based exclusives and rewards just need to end.

100%. The platform based exclusives need to end. It ruins the integrity of the game. It lowers consumer confidence in this product. Lower confidence leads to apathy towards this game.

• Options
    I dont understand where everybody has gotten the statistic that 50%(half) of swgoh players are IOS. When the market share for the last few years shows IOS below 20%.
  • Options

iOS whales got a slap into the face and android FTP shout it out loud.
  • Options
    Donbot89 wrote: »
    I dont understand where everybody has gotten the statistic that 50%(half) of swgoh players are IOS. When the market share for the last few years shows IOS below 20%.

I'm not sure if this is a worldwide promotion or just the US. If it's the US, it's close enough to half that we might as well say half.

http://topmobiletrends.com/apple-vs-android/

Worldwide is a very different story though.
  • Options
    Well im from the UK. So im guessing its worldwide
  • Options
    I don't want to talk statistic im just guessing when im saying half of the player base...
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »

iOS whales got a slap into the face and android FTP shout it out loud.

I stand in awe of such eloquent, sportsmanlike empathy.
  • Options
    I'm UK ios too
    Lost in the 20th century
This discussion has been closed.