The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    IOS is bound to have an exclusive event too. Wedge was an exclusive character for IOS users and they also gave you his ship. Don't be salty

This. And watch ios' toon have perfect synergy with K2SO. Then, watch them both wind up in packs after the event.

Please. When iOS users got Wedge, Android users got Biggs. Not as nice, sure, but both platforms got something. And both those toons are farmable by any user platforms. This time, android users got a 7* exclusive rebel character just in time for the EP event, plus all the gems and credits that went with it. No way in hell is that anywhere near the same thing. It's grossly unfair and a shameful move by EA to allow it.

• Options
    Um... everyone already has him...
  • Options
    Exactly!
  • TotenTeufel
    133 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Agreed. It should be fair across all platforms.

[Edited for language]
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Options
    What a garbage way to say sorry for the horrible release of the first Rebel Droid
  • Options
    Agreed. It should be fair across all platforms.

[Edited for language]

Really? SMH. Fine let me rephrase. It's hogwash. EA discounting half the players of this Irish Bull game, just do to platform is bunk.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Options
    Its a joke you put up a post on the discrepency for us to discuss when you clearly know its a problem as you obviously create the problem.

Theres no controversy here, you obviously favor android users more than ios.
  • Options
    Putting aside who got what and who didn't. Someone in my guild mentioned something and I thinks it's something maybe everyone can agree on. This event for android is a countdown to the release of a movie tied to Star Wars, the reason most of us are here playing the game in the first place. Even if iOS got nothing, they should've at least been included in that countdown. As part of this Star Wars game community everyone should be involved in the countdown. This has to do with Star Wars, not what type of phone you have. At the end of the day most everyone here loves Star Wars, most will see the movie, and some will wish they had been included in the party leading up to it. This is a good community of people and I would think most people could get behind that idea.
  • Options
    slothe wrote: »
    Putting aside who got what and who didn't. Someone in my guild mentioned something and I thinks it's something maybe everyone can agree on. This event for android is a countdown to the release of a movie tied to Star Wars, the reason most of us are here playing the game in the first place. Even if iOS got nothing, they should've at least been included in that countdown. As part of this Star Wars game community everyone should be involved in the countdown. This has to do with Star Wars, not what type of phone you have. At the end of the day most everyone here loves Star Wars, most will see the movie, and some will wish they had been included in the party leading up to it. This is a good community of people and I would think most people could get behind that idea.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is very well said
  • Options
    Unfair treatment is unfair treatment. If EA feels we (iOS users) don't deserve anything that's fine. There are a lot of other Star Wars games that will accept our cash.
  • Options

Fully agree :)
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I do not believe this is unfair at all. I currently play on my iPhone 7, so I am also not getting to participate.

Why do I believe it's fair? Because this is an MMO and I have played many. I've seen rewards handed out to people who bought the game before a certain date, and the rest were left out. I have been given rewards for the versions of a game I bought, while those that didn't have that version did not. I've seen rewards handed out for many different reasons. There is always someone left out. But its never been game breaking. They've never dished out something free to one group that swings the balance of power.

So Android rewarded their customers. Fair play.

If all of your guildmate were rushing ahead of you and leaving you behind because of this reward, then I'd be very angry as well. But they're not. Its all fluff.

I know there will be replys this post saying I don't get A, B and C and why they matter and you'll be right. I don't get the complaints at all. If you don't like missing out on rewards others get for seemingly uncontrollable reasons, MMO's are going to consistently annoy you.
  • Options

Completely agree with you.

There is a lot of confusion on the notion of customer and product. The product here is SWGOH a software exploited by EA/CG. When you play this game you are neither an Apple nor a Google customer but a EA/CG customer. Because the game is exploited and advertised as a cross-platform product and not a multi-platform product the commercial practice people have experimented do fall under discrimination in the provision of goods and services. In comparison, fighting games released on multiple platforms with promotional unique characters on each platform are acceptable practices.
  • Moscba
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »

Completely agree with you.

There is a lot of confusion on the notion of customer and product. The product here is SWGOH a software exploited by EA/CG. When you play this game you are neither an Apple nor a Google customer but a EA/CG customer. Because the game is exploited and advertised as a cross-platform product and not a multi-platform product the commercial practice people have experimented do fall under discrimination in the provision of goods and services. In comparison, fighting games released on multiple platforms with promotional unique characters on each platform are acceptable practices.

You are perfectly correct, we are here EA consumers and not Android or Apple ones. It is then a discrimination in the provision of goods and services.
    Fighting games released on multiple platforms can be seen as many different products, and each product can have its own characteristics.

Post edited by Moscba on
  • Options
    Inacceptable,I am a player who put a lot of money in the game,and who'll not pay anymore.I contacted the EA support for having no aw
  • Options
    Surefire10 wrote: »
    Unfair treatment is unfair treatment. If EA feels we (iOS users) don't deserve anything that's fine. There are a lot of other Star Wars games that will accept our cash.

People are so clueless. EA didn't decide your crappy Apple phone you worship did.
  • Options
    Can everyone just calm down? Jesus! All the Rogue One characters didn't even come out yet and you guys are crying like little babies. I'm an android user and I got k-2S0. Am I super happy about having a droid? Meh. Whatever. Notice that only light side Rogue One characters are out... and not even all of them. Instead of crying think maybe IOS will get a dark side character? 46 pages of people repeating the same stuff over and over. Just wait until all the Rogue one batch is out and then you can start crying.
  • Options
    Is k2 a game changer no.
    If he is then thumbs up android.
    With regards this whining it's a game. Certain platforms get exclusive characters. Ie Xbox or playstation.
    Don't worry apple users according to data mining you will have your exclusive toon.
    (PS jar jar binks) me so sorry.
    #WhatAmIWafflingOnAbout.
  • Options
    yes everyone already has him unless you started a new account like me where id take any character even the worst in the game for free
  • Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    I see this as Android simply supporting clients and advertising their brand, I am sure they have in some way paid to do this.
    I do not see this any differently than P2P players paying for the newest and best toons before others have a chance of obtaining them, only Android has paid on behalf of their customers.

This is the way I see it as well. I think the use of the word "exclusive" was a mistake. I think the Google's PR Department did a big whale spend and Android users get the benefit. Apple's PR Department needs to set up and do something similar for their users. It is just a harder tie in since nothing of Apple's gear matches up as easily as Google's.

When ("if") Apple does do something like this, I will read all the Android user angry comments and laugh.

I also fully expect K-2S0 to be an okay toon and released to F2P a month or two after the movie is released.
  • Options

+10000000000000000 for common decency.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    bngman wrote: »
    Is k2 a game changer no.
    If he is then thumbs up android.
    With regards this whining it's a game. Certain platforms get exclusive characters. Ie Xbox or playstation.
    Don't worry apple users according to data mining you will have your exclusive toon.
    (PS jar jar binks) me so sorry.
    #WhatAmIWafflingOnAbout.

@bngman What datamine? If you're referring to Cassian, datamined info indicates that he'll be a tourney reward.
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Can everyone just calm down? Jesus! All the Rogue One characters didn't even come out yet and you guys are crying like little babies. I'm an android user and I got k-2S0. Am I super happy about having a droid? Meh. Whatever. Notice that only light side Rogue One characters are out... and not even all of them. Instead of crying think maybe IOS will get a dark side character? 46 pages of people repeating the same stuff over and over. Just wait until all the Rogue one batch is out and then you can start crying.

Bad form coming from an Android user enjoying his freebies. Just because you're not so excited about your exclusive droid toon doesn't mean other Android users aren't ... or that he won't prove viable and give an advantage to those who level him up and use him.
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    Such eloquence. Thank you
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    This party ended a few days ago, friend.
  • Options
    I think that 99% of the people don't care about what you said on the text (including me)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RobBury204 wrote: »
    This isn't just about the discussion that ended already it's for people who have apple over android, androids are slow and leggy while Apple is smooth

if that's your definition of smooth, i might just have to go buy an android phone.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It's also to say we are better in every way so beat it if you don't care what I gotta say ima Star Wars gangsta
  • Nastynas91
    504 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RobBury204 wrote: »
    Apple doesn't suck it's faster than any android I've ever used I have an apple and a android account on Star Wars galaxy of heros and my apple is so much better and smother than a android who cares about the 1,499 data pack we will get something later most likely so ya apple rules.

First off, lol.

Secondly, your phone will only be fast for a year until Apple forces a new update that makes your phone slower than dirt, forcing you to buy the newer model. Gotta love planned obsolence.

Third, lol.

Good day
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
This discussion has been closed.